[Verified by Crosspatch] Rachel Messer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Rachel Messer

Postby Rachel Messer on December 1st, 2013, 3:32 pm

Rachel Messer

Full Name: Rachel Messer
Race: Human
Birthday: 8th of Fall, 492 A.V
Birthplace: Sunberth, Sylira Region

Appearance :
Rachel is a female human with blond hair reaching just below her shoulders, usually tied into a bun with a blue bow. She has bright green eyes and fair skin-tone. She stands at about 163 cm (5'3" feet) with a medium-build body. Her hands are calloused, evidence of her ability as a swordswoman.

Character Concept :
A woman striving to do good with every passing day. Growing up in Sunberth had made her sick of chaos, crime, and injustice. Rachel is by no means a perfectly selfless person, but if given choices, she will live up to her morals. She abhors slavery, bullying, and thefts. She doesn't view violence as the only mean to uphold justice, but she knows that it is necessary to uphold one's ideals. However, violence will be the absolute last resort for her.

Personality :
Rachel is a good person at heart. Being raised in the middle of a city filled with criminals had hardened her resolve, she doesn't want to go with the flow, she wants to do what is right. Hearing stories of Syliran Knights, defenders of justice and order, utterly fascinated the girl. Seeing the chaos around her hometown made her realize that to do what is right, one needs power, the power to defend justice. Combined with personal experience of seeing how low can a person go in times of need steels her resolve, she will make a difference in the world.

Character History :
Rachel was born in Sunberth at the year of 492 A.V. Like many children there, she never knew much about her father. Her mother, named Martha, was a servant-for-hire, offering jobs such as cooking and cleaning for various households. She met her father, one man named "Schneider Messer" in a tavern once. They got drunk and needless to say, accidental pregnancy happened, Schneider left soon after. Martha couldn't afford to take care of her daughter and as soon as Rachel was born, the woman gave her to the Sunset Quarters orphanage. The only remembrance she had of her parents was a small locket hanging on a copper chain necklace with the picture of a woman, most likely her mother, it was always be with her since she was little.

She grew up in a harsh condition, poor, dirty, and starvation were common. What education she had was from the stories she got from the orphanage caretakers and some self-tutored. One particular story intrigued her greatly, the stories of Knights in shining armor in a faraway city in the west, Syliran Knights. The blond girl lived there for eighteen years until she couldn't take it anymore. With what money she gathered from doing odd jobs, Rachel hitched a ship to Zeltiva then traveled together with a caravan heading to Syliras. After arriving in the Fortress City, she had found her place, her stories began anew...

Language :
Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: -
Poor Language: -

Heirloom :

A small locket made out of brass with the picture of a woman in it.

Housing :
20 x 20 Apartment deep in the bowels of the Stormhold Citadel, Syliras

Perks and Injuries

Perks

Injuries
Source
Date acquired: 20th Winter 513 A.V
Welts that will take a couple days to heal unless healed
==========================================

Lores

Winter 513 A.V
Source
Basic Longsword Stance
The Soothing Power's of Priskil's Mark
Teaching Technique: Demonstrate and Perform
Jon: Aspires to be a Knight
Longsword: Two Handed Side Slash Technique
Longsword: Basic Thrust from Two Handed Grip
Source
Jon: born to wield the sword
Technique: three-strikes combo
Technique: counter-strike
Priskil's light shines over all that will accept it
Source
Kreig: My Long Lost Brother
Natasha Druva: Kreig's Patron
Kreig: A Squire I Look Up To!
Fighting Brain Eating Bandits
Teamwork with Titus
My First Victory Alongside Kreig
My Brother, Wounded by an Arrow
Source
Kreig: That man is BROKE
Longsword, two handed grip: Downward Parry
Longsword, two handed grip combo: uppercut slash to overhead cleave
Kreig Messer?! My Half-Brother?
Kreig's Mom is Lilandra
Self-disarming is a novice problem
Does Kreig have a thing for dummies?
Source
Medhozic: Stoic Ethaefal
Medhozic: A Ring for Four Sessions
Longsword Stance: Middle Guard
Four Directional Movement from Middle Guard
According to Medhozic: Daggers and Longswords have similar techniques
Instruction Technique: Encouragement after failure
Source
Herald’s Arms – Middle of the Road for Food, Wallet, and Crowds
Cosette Merryweather – A Young Chef at the Herald’s Arms
Cosette Merryweather – Shy about complements
Source
Brock sisters
Helena Brock: Blond, arrogant knight
Dimia Brock: Nice once you get to know her
Ryia Brock: Kind and compassionate
Not all knights are perfect
Knight's armour, makes one best served with gravy
Source
Winter, good time for endurance training
Markus Andres: Knight of Syliras
Markus Andres: Friendly
Bastard sword: A long sword with a shorter hilt
Sparring with a Master swordsman
Markus Andres: Fellow Flux user

Spring 514 A.V
Source
Source
Longsword: Three strike combo
Longsword: Side strike
Longsword: Diagonal slash
Longsword: Downward cleave
Serynia: Konti
Avalis: Mother of Konti, Goddess of Visions and Divinations
Rak'keli: Goddess of Healing
Source
Long sword Stance: Hanging-right
Long sword Stance: Left-inside
Long sword Stance: Close-right
Long sword Stance: Back-left
Long sword: Side swing
Flux: Enhanced sword thrust, speed
Flux: Enhanced charge
Flux: Enhanced running speed
Defeated in a sparring match against Jon
Victory in a sparring match against Jon
Source
Longsword: Round house swing
Priskil: Aiding in combat of the effects of exhaustion
Source
Oriah Azari: Squire to Sera Mora
Sylirian Knighthood: Sera title reserved for knights
Sera Mora: Worships Caiyha
Oriah Azari: Worships Yahal
Yahal: God of Faith and Purity
Yahal: Shows no mercy towards liars, betrayers, or thieves
Oriah Azari: Marked by Yahal
Ser Wade Brock: Sergeant Knight
Winston: Starving child in the woods
Source
Squire Bitt: Bird-man
Bitt: Awkward with words
Quarterstaff: Used as a tool in addition to a weapon
Bitt: Honourable assassin?

Flashback
Source
Memory: An Eternally Awful Kiss
Memory: Abducted Using Alcohol
Sunberth: Apathy Incarnate
Priskil: My Saviour
Osd: A Knight In Dirty Rags
Madame Calyn: Konti
Source
Revy Hiroe: Orphan
Revy Hiroe: Bitch
I Wanna Be A Warrior!
Source
Justice Without Power Is Meaningless
Brawling: Fight Or Flight
Brawling: Start By Getting A Weapon, Any Weapon

Dreamscape

Starting Lores
Lore of Religion: Priskil
Longsword: Proper Stances and Grips

Skills and Gnosis

Main Skills
Skill Name EXP Total Proficiency
Teaching 26 SP, +3 XP, +3 XP, +4 XP, +3 XP, +1 XP 40 Competent
Weapon: Longsword 11 SP, 15 RB, +1 XP, +3 XP, +3 XP, +3 XP, +1 XP, +1 XP, +1 XP, +3 XP, +4 XP, +5 XP, +1 XP 52 Expert
Weapon: Buckler +2 XP 2 Novice
Weapon: Crossbow +1 XP, +4 XP 5 Novice
Unarmed Combat 5 SP 5 Novice
Riding: Horse +2 XP, +1 XP 3 Novice

Magic
Flux 8 SP, +1 XP, +1 XP, +3 XP, +3 XP, +2 XP 18 Novice

Other Skills
Acrobatics +1 XP 1 Novice
Acting +1 XP 1 Novice
Body Building +1 XP 1 Novice
Brawling +1 XP, +2 XP 3 Novice
Diplomacy +1 XP 1 Novice
Endurance +2 XP, +3 XP, +5 XP 10 Novice
Flirting +1 XP, +1 XP 2 Novice
Interrogation +1 XP, +2 XP 3 Novice
Intimidation +1 XP 1 Novice
Land Navigation +1 XP 1 Novice
Negotiation +1 XP, +1 XP 2 Novice
Observation +2 XP, +4 XP, +3 XP, +2 XP, +4 XP, +5 XP, +2 XP, +3 XP, +3 XP, +1 XP, +1 XP, +3 XP, +3 XP, +3 XP, +4 XP, +3 XP 46 Competent
Persuasion +2 XP 2 Novice
Rhetoric +1 XP, +1 XP 2 Novice
Running +2 XP, +2 XP, +1 XP 5 Novice
Socialization +2 XP, +2 XP, +2 XP, +2 XP, +1 XP, +2 XP, +3 XP, +1 XP, +4 XP, +3 XP, +4 XP, +4 XP 30 Competent
Seduction +2 XP 2 Novice
Tactics +1 XP, +2 XP, +4 XP, +1 XP 8 Novice

Gnosis
Luminance (1 Mark)

The user can generate a mild glow, usually from the palms of their hands, though only for a few minutes at a time. This glow is about equivalent to a torch and may give some courage to those affected by fear and negative emotions. The user can strengthen any source of artificial light and feel the presence of any kind of light, even beyond walls and obstacles.

HD Request Thread: Approved

The Story :
Sunberth, 13th of Bell, 15th of Summer 502 A.V

Uh... I'm so hungry... A little girl, just barely reaching ten years of age, was taking limping steps through the streets of Sunberth. The orphanage where she stayed received another shortage of food supply... as always. Rachel didn't eat anything but crumbs of bread for about three days in a row. The caretaker promised the children they would get food soon, but it didn't came. The girl started to lose hope, in this scum-filled city, few would care even for a starving child. They got other things to take care of, understandable if mugging and robbery were commonplace.

Her vision started to blur, her muscles weakening, and dry taste of dust filled her mouth. She had to eat something... anything! The girl felt tired, she stopped and leaned her back on a house's wall, sliding down until she was sitting on the ground, hugging her knees. Someone, p-please help me! She wanted to scream, but she knew it would be no use. She looked to her left and right, people passing her here and there, seemingly unaware of everything. With her dirty clothes and messy hair, she really looked like a beggar, but not even a single miza was thrown her way. Rachel wanted to sleep, but quickly slapped herself in the cheek. If she slept in the middle of the street, it would be over for her. With nothing to do and no food to eat, she just stared blankly forward, the scorching sun burning her already tanned skin.

Suddenly, a sweet, sweet, smell filled her nostrils. "Eh?" Rachel lifted her head and saw a man carrying a large sack... filled with delicious bread walking pass her. Her mouth watered, oh how she wanted to grab one of those, just one would be enough. Will he give it to me? She hesitated in her mind, what was a single unknown child to the man? Her well-being meant nothing to him, he probably got his own family to feed. Rachel sighed in defeat, but... her green eyes widened when a loaf of bread fell from his sack. With swift movements driven by hunger, Rachel scampered to it and picked it up before anyone else does. Ha, I got it! I got it! With happy thoughts, the girl clutched the bread close to her heart. It was her salvation.

She was about to grab a bite to eat, but then noticed someone was staring at her from the side. She looked to her left to find an old woman sitting on the ground, wearing a dirty coat that covered her frail body. The girl immediately felt a twang of pity in her heart, her conscience telling her to help this old woman, she looked far more malnourished than her. "Uh um..." She was in a major dilemma, what was this woman to her? She didn't even know her, she should keep the bread for herself. However, her child-like mind realized if she thought like so, she was the same as the rest of these ignorant scums. "Ah I..." Closing her eyes, the girl's feet moved forward.

"H-here..." Rachel sheepishly offered the woman her precious bread. The old woman didn't stir for a full five chimes before looking up at the girl, a gentle smile on her wrinkled features. Her lips opened and she spoke, with a voice full of wisdom and experience.

"Why, child?"

It was a simple question yet the girl found so many inquiries being asked of her by those two words alone. The girl assumed this old woman was asking on why she didn't eat the bread herself. "W-well, I... uhm... y-you look hungry s-so... I want to give this to you." She offered it again, her hand slightly trembling. The old woman better accept the bread now before she changed her mind.

"I see... but, aren't you hungry, dear?"

Of course I am! What was this woman thinking? Couldn't she see the obvious? Her old mind must be failing her, the girl felt her annoyance being replaced by pity. She couldn't do this anymore, any longer and her own hunger would triumph over her generosity. Rachel took the old woman's right hand and put the bread on it. She then bolted off from the location, never looking back. Aaaah! What am I doing?! Stupid stupid stupid! She slapped her own forehead, she just threw away a fresh loaf of bread out of nowhere! What were the odds of that happening again? Almost non-existent as far as she was concerned.

Her dirty feet brought her home, she almost reached the Sunset Quarters when she felt a tap on her right shoulder. "Eeek?!" The girl screamed and abruptly turned around, her widened green eyes found the image of the very same old woman standing before her. E-eh?! H-how? Did the woman follow her? Impossible, those frail body couldn't take her far. This must be some other woman identical to the previous one. "W-what do you want?" She backed away slightly as the old woman reached the fold of her coat, taking out... a loaf of bread. "W-wha-?!" The bread was in the same shape, this woman was the one she gave the bread to. So shocked at the revelation, Rachel just stood there as the woman approached her, took her left hand, and gave the back the bread in the same manner as she did.

"I sense that your heart is pure, child." The woman caressed Rachel's right hand. The touch felt so comforting and warm, the girl didn't feel a single repulstion, she just stared in awe. Being so close with the old woman, she could see two slightly glowing beautiful eyes of hers. "W-woah..." Who was this woman?

"What's your name, child?"

"U-uhm... Rachel, Madame."

"I see, Rachel. Can I become your friend?"

The girl could understand her, the woman wanted to be her friend as a sign of gratitude. Of course, she would accept. "Of course! I'll be your friend. But, don't you want the bread, Madame?" The woman didn't answer right away, she leaned in and gently kissed the girl's right palm, comforting yellow light flashing from the contact. When the woman pulled away, a slightly glowing vortex-mark could be seen on Rachel's palm.

"I am Priskil, child. From today on, you are my friend." She gently ruffled the girl's dirty blonde hair as she stood up. "Be good, my friend Rachel." With those gentle words, the old woman walked away, leaving a bewildered girl staring in agape, the bread still clutched on her left hand.

Thread List

Winter 513 AV
Thread Name Status Rewarded XP
2nd [Anthonius Fighter's Pit] A Promising Student Graded +1 Weapon: Longsword, +3 Teaching, +2 Observation
2nd [Anthonius Fighter's Pit] A Promising Student Part. II Graded +4 Observation , +3 Longsword, +3 Teaching, +1 Flux
5th [Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Siblings (Kreig) Graded +3 Weapon: Longsword, +2 Observation, +1 Negotiation, +4 Teaching, +2 Socialization, +1 Interrogaiton
6th [Anthonius Fighting Pits] Pits and Hits Graded +4 Observation, +1 Negotiation, +2 Socialization, +3 Teaching, +1 Weapon: Longsword
7th [Bittern District] Yellow And Red (Sami) On-Going -
8th [The Herald's Arms] Large Circular Bread (Cosette) Graded +2 Socialization, +1 Observation, +1 Rhetoric
9th Winter Greetings (Rachel Messer) Graded +3 Observation, +1 Weapon: Crossbow, +2 Socialization, +1 Riding, +1 Intimidation
10th Sis! Leave that to Me!! (Bronze Woods) Graded +3 Observation, +3 Weapon: Longsword, +2 Socialization, +1 Brawling, +2 Riding, +1 Flux
20th [The Bronze Woods] Blades Of Justice (Markus) Graded +5 Endurance, +5 Weapon: Longsword, +2 Flux, +4 Tactics, +3 Observation, +4 Socialization, +1 Flirting, +1 Acrobatics
30th [Sacred Arch Hotsprings] Go With The Flux (Ball, Kreig) On-Going -

Spring 514 A.V
4th [Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Messer And Raigner (Letixia) Graded +1 Longsword, +1 Observation
4th [Sacred Arch Hotsprings] Communal Bath Of Justice (Markus) On-Going -
8th A Breath of Fresh Air [Rachel] Graded +1 Land Navigation, +4 Observation, +4 Weapon: Light Crossbow, +4 Socialization
12th [Fighter's Pit] Fluxing the Fluxer Part I Graded +3 Weapon: Long sword, +3 Flux, +2 Running, +2 Endurance, +2 Tactics, +1 Body building, +1 Seduction
13th [Bronze Woods] Fluxing the Fluxer Part II Graded +3 Observation, +4 Weapon: Long sword, +2 Weapon: Buckler, +2 Tactics, +2 Running, +3 Endurance, +3 Flux, +1 Flirting, +1 Socialization
15th [The Anthonius Fighter's Pit] A Dance of Swords Graded +1 Weapon: Long Sword, +1 Diplomacy, +1 Rhetoric, +1 Observation, +1 Teaching
22nd [Citadel] Emerald Azure (Orion) On-Going -
70th [Anthonius Fighter's Pit]One De-Light-Ful Meeting Graded +3 Observation, +4 Socialization, +1 Weapon: Longsword, +1 Tactics
76th [Fighters Pit] Observation and Experimentation (Rachel) On-Going -

Summer 514 A.V

Flashback
7th of Summer 504 A.V Luck is strange innit? (rachel) Graded +5 Observation, +1 Acting, +2 Socialization
27th of Summer 504 A.V [The Forge] Luck Is Indeed Strange (Osd) Graded +2 Brawling, +3 Observation, +3 Socialization, +2 Interrogation, +2 Persuasion, +1 Running
60th of Spring 505 A.V I hate brats! [Rachel] Graded +3 Observation, +3 Socialization

Dreamscape
Thread Name Status
Last edited by Rachel Messer on July 1st, 2014, 2:38 pm, edited 84 times in total.
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rachel Messer

Postby Rachel Messer on December 1st, 2013, 3:36 pm

Belongings, Ledgers, and Jobs

Belongings

Weapons and Armors
Steel Longsword with Scabbard
Buckler Steel Shield
Steel Dagger with Scabbard, Dagger
Light Crossbow
Crossbow Bolts (20)
Studded Gauntlets
Studded Leather Armor
Half-Plate Armor with Besagues
Helmet, Chin Guard with Avantail
Helmet, Great Helm

Magic-related

Essentials
Backpack
Set of Clothing (coat & footwear included)
Waterskin
1x Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
Eating knife
Flint & Steel

Miscellaneous
Practice Dummy, Advanced
Training Post, Elaborate

Special Items
Picture Name Description
Image Medhozic's Ring Acquired in: Pits And Hits. A golden ring given to her by Medhozic, a male Ethaefal, as payment for her tutoring services. The Ethaefal said the ring reminded him of his bleak past and wanted to get rid of it, Rachel accepted the payment, but would not sell it, it was Medhozic's keepsake and she felt she would dishonor herself by throwing it away for some mizas.

Ledger

Winter 513 AV
Purchase Cost Total
Starting Money +100 GM 100 GM
Steel Longsword -15 GM 85 GM
Steel Dagger -2 GM 83 GM
Studded Gauntlets -5 GM 78 GM
Studded Leather Armor -25 GM 53 GM
Light Crossbow -35 GM 18 GM
Crossbow Bolts (20) -2 GM 16 GM
Herald's Arms Dinner Fee -5 GM 11 GM
Teaching Fee +5 GM 16 GM
Teaching Fee +5 GM 21 GM
Buckler Steel Shield -15 GM 6 GM

Spring 514 AV
Purchase Cost Total
Winter 513 A.V Wages +1104 GM 1110 GM
Winter 513 A.V Expenses (Common) -135 GM 985 GM
Half-Plate Armor -600 GM 385 GM
Besagues -50 GM 335 GM
Helmet, Chin Guard -50 GM 285 GM
Avantail -20 GM 265 GM
Helmet, Great Helm -30 GM 235 GM
Scabbard -4 GM 231 GM
Scabbard, Dagger -2 GM 229 GM
Practice Dummy, Advanced -50 GM 179 GM
Training Post, Elaborate -15 GM 164 GM
Teaching Fee +5 GM 169 GM

Summer 514 AV
Purchase Cost Total
Spring 514 A.V Expenses (Common) -135 GM 34 GM
Spring 514 A.V Wages +1092 GM 1126 GM

Job Data

Workplace :
Rachel works at the Anthonius Fighter's Pit as a Weapon Training Instructor. Base pay: 8 GM/day

Recruitment thread: Here

Known People :
Gerard Anthonius: Weaponmaster and Boss
Last edited by Rachel Messer on June 24th, 2014, 4:06 am, edited 36 times in total.
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rachel Messer

Postby Rachel Messer on December 1st, 2013, 3:36 pm

Code: Select all
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=32785
Last edited by Rachel Messer on May 21st, 2014, 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Rachel Messer

Postby Rachel Messer on December 1st, 2013, 3:37 pm

Relationships
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Stationary NPCs

Postby Rachel Messer on March 2nd, 2014, 7:15 pm

Stationary NPCs

ImageName: Jon Wakefield
DoB: 15th of Spring 497 A.V
PoB: Syliras
Skills: 30 Weapon: Longsword, 10 Unarmed Combat, 5 Weapon: Crossbow, 5 Flux
Additional Info: The eldest son of Christ Wakefield and Susan Wakefield, Jon is a spirited young man, idealistic, and dreams big like boys his age. He was born, and bred in the Fortress City of Peace. Inspired by the bravery and deeds of the Syliran Knight, Jon hopes for one day joining the Order, but before that, the boy wants to train his body and soul first. One day, he came to the Anthonius Fighter's Pit to train and there, he met with his would-be favorite Combat Instructor, a blond woman named Rachel Messer.

The pair bonded through their Mentor-Student relationship and Jon promises to join the Order someday together with Rachel.

HD Link: Approved
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes