PM to join Winter Greetings (Rachel Messer)

A Brock meets A Messer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Winter Greetings (Rachel Messer)

Postby Ryia Brock on December 3rd, 2013, 12:53 am

Time stamp Winter 9th 513 AV

It was early morning, so early that the city was quiet, echoes could be heard through out the hall from those that had already gotten up and started their day. The Brock sisters would be amongst those already risen and going about their day. Helena had decided to take her squires out of the city for their riding lesson. Their last lesson in the Windmount District had gone fairly well, and she wanted to see how they could handle themselves in a much wider space.

The three road out along the Kabrin road at a slow trot. Helena was riding her trusty Tiaden Warhorse, and Ryia and Dimia were riding a Bloodbane and a Colorsplash they had borrows from the stables. It was cold out, colder than most winters had been for some time. To hep with warmth, they worn their cloaks tucked into their armor and pulled their hoods over their heads. It was mostly windy out, but there were a few snow flakes falling.

Ryia held tightly to the reins on her horse, and kept her back straight and her weight balanced as she rode along side her sisters. Helena was an excellent rider and made it look a lot easier than it really was. Over the seasons Ryia had gotten better with it, and had even grown more skilled than her older sister Dimia. Helena had realized this also, but the young Knight didn't show praise to either sister, no matter how much they advance. There was a saying in the Knighthood, 'No one Knight was bigger than the Order' and Helena agreed with this.

Knights were Knights, and no matter how skilled, even they died and when they did they were replaced. The Knighthood didn't show favoritism, and Knights only gained rank by working hard and being the best that they could be. Helena looked to teach her squires these truths and to help them realize their potential without making them braggarts. Ryia glanced to Dimia, a slight smile rising in her youthful features. The two had been racing each other in a way, trying to see who could stay closer to Helena.

They had to be careful however, knowing that if Helena saw them she'd tell them to knock it off. The three continued at a brisk pace on the road, until Helena paused and ordered her sisters to do the same. "Alright, that's far enough I would say. Well turn back, take a trip through the woods then return to the city." Ryia was surprised and Dimia's expression showed that she shared the emotion. They had been riding for a while now, and the young squire was expecting to head back to the city right away. It wasn't as difficult to control the horse anymore, but she still didn't know the animal well.

It was a good practice to train with the same horse instead of picking a different one each time. So far Ryia had only ridden with two horses, the Bloodbane being the second. There was also, what some may call 'the wounds of riding' and even though she wore armor her rear was getting sore again. "Alright you two, double time. Let's finish this up so we can get home and claim a meal." With that Helena lashed the reins and started off into a jog after she circled her sisters and headed back down the path. Ryia signed, adjusted her grip as she pulled the reins to one side and leaned her body towards the direction that she needed to turn.

It seemed that Dimia had the same idea, and as she turned her horse, the two narrowly missed crashing into each other. The girl's gave a soft yelp and chuckled at their mistake, and finished the turn. Ryia shook her head, hoping that Helena hadn't saw them and started off again. Adjusting her balance again to make sure that she didn't fall off, Ryia gripped the reins in her hands and lightly kicked the horse's sides to get it to move again.

Ryia Brock
The Next Mage Knight - Believe it

Words: 59648
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 7:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Rachel Messer on December 3rd, 2013, 3:53 am

It was a windy cold day in the Bronze Woods, flakes of snow started falling as Morwen's dominion spread over most of Mizahar. A woman with golden-blonde hair tied into a bun and bright green eyes could be seen trudging through the Woods, wearing rather thick clothing and a coat over her body to prevent her from freezing. A light crossbow on her hands complete with its quiver and about ten crossbow bolts in it. I can do this, Priskil guide me. Rachel was out here in the woods to do some ranged weapon training and to familiarize herself with the wilderness around the Fortress City. She was a decent sword wielder, but had no experience whatsoever in ranged combat, as a weapon instructor, she needed to remedy this.

Looking around her, the first signs of winter could be seen, beautiful white flakes falling from the sky. She shuddered a bit as a cold breeze washed over her clothed form. A part of her mind wanted for her to just stay at home and warm herself, but if she slacked around, she would not get stronger and in turn, not bringing her closer to her goal of being a defender of justice. Only four days ago, she met with a half-brother she never knew before, a squire named 'Kreig Messer'. Knowing she had a sibling in the Order reinforced her goal, she must not fall behind! Enough dallying, Rachel picked up a bolt from her quiver and notched it into her crossbow, fumbling with it. She was still unfamiliar with the bolt-launching weapon as she preferred close-quarters combat. After about a chime of struggling with her crossbow, she finally put the bolt properly into the place then pulled the string, ready to be fired.

The woman aimed at a rather large tree trunk in front of her, putting the bow in front of her face. Then she pulled the trigger, the bolt launched from the crossbow and... missed the trunk by a great deal as it whizzed pass the tree trunk, embedding itself into another tree instead. "Ugh..." Now she could see why Jon was so embarrassed when he screwed up with his sword, if someone were to see her right now, she would be ashamed as well. Swallowing her shame, Rachel half-ran to her bolt to pick it up. She removed the projectile and examined its tip. It was still usable... hopefully. Rachel notched the bolt back into the crossbow and pulled its string again. Alright, I'll do better this time... She aimed back at another random tree. "Come on... come on..." Whispering under her breath, Rachel released it again. As expected, she missed... again. The arrow veered off to the right and almost hit a human instead... wait what?!

So caught up in her concentration, she didn't hear nor realize the hoof-steps of three horses galloping near her, the botl missed her intended target and almost hit one of the riders. By Priskil! I screwed up! She immediately ran to the three blond-haired riders, trying to catch up. "Heeeeey! Wait! I'm sorry!" She hoped they would notice her, a sense of fear began rising up as her green eyes noticed the clothing and horses of the three riders. K-knights?! That was it, she would be thrown in the tank for this grievous offense, but... she did make a mistake, as a law-abiding citizen, she must receive the consequences. Rachel stored her crossbow behind her back and clutched her right hand to her chest, using her gnosis to comfort herself. It will be okay... it will be okay, Priskil will watch over me. The warm yellow light chipped away at her fears, replacing it with courage. If the riders approached her, Rachel would stand firmly, her head slightly hunched down in an apologetic gesture. "It was not on purpose, I was training with my crossbow and I... didn't notice you. My humblest apologies!"

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ryia Brock on December 3rd, 2013, 6:18 am

Ryia wanted to start off at a slow pace again and work her way up to faster speeds. That was the way she had learned to ride a horse, and so far it was working well. However the Bloodbane had a different idea and when she clicked her heels into it's side, the horse took off after Helena. The horse seemed to think they were in a race, and sped up to try and catch the leading horse. Ryia eyes widen and her mouth fell open as she gasped, fingers locking up around the reins.

The three appeared to be racing almost in a line with Helena at the front, Ryia second and Dimia following at the end. Dimia's horse also seemed to sense a race was on and sped up to catch the one in front of it. Both squires struggled to stay up right and to keep their mounts going in one direction. Ryia swayed left, finding her balance shifting and arms jerked on their own which cause the horse to sway as well. It was a good thing that Helena wasn't watching, it would have been an unpleasant sight to see the girls being handled by horses.

Bouncing recklessly on the back of the horse, Ryia glanced over and saw Dimia also sliding too far to one side and having trouble staying up. The young squires pulled on the reins, shifting her arms back towards her body and to the side where Dimia was riding. The horse veered off course and drifted closer to the Colorsplash racing at it's side. Suddenly Ryia saw Dimia's figure coming in fast, and the teenager turned her head and clinched her teeth for impact.

The crash was fast, a loud muddled clank ringing in their ears as their armored shoulders slammed against the other. The horses bumped into the others and snorted in protest as they pulled away. With the bump to keep them from falling off, Ryia pushed herself back up and reclaimed her balance. Dimia did the same, and after the short bump the horses had slowed down as well. The older sister was just about to thank Ryia for helping her, when something bounced off her armor and startled her.

Dimia quickly turned her head in the direction where the object had pinged off her armor and looked around. She noticed a woman there with what looked like a cross bow. "Hey! That woman there. I think she's firing upon us!" the teenager said loudly.

"Say again? We're being attacked?" Ryia asked looking in the direction that her sister pointed while trying to slow her horse for better control. "By Priskil's grace." Helena heard them as well, and was the first to slow her horse down enough to get a good look. "Are you both alright?" she asked glancing back at the two behind her. They nodded and Helena started off again to a brisk pace to reach the stranger. "Hold there!" She yelled as she came closer. "I'm Syliran Knight Helena Brock, 3rd Wing, White Company, 3rd Regiment, Silver Quadron, and I demand to know who you are and what you are doing here."

Ryia Brock

Character sheet

Postby Rachel Messer on December 4th, 2013, 4:38 am

The trio noticed her, of course they would, who wouldn't notice a crossbow bolt flying through the air and almost accidentally hit one in the face. Stay calm... you screwed up, you must handle this. Rachel stood straight, her gauntleted hands not holding any weapons whatsoever, she closed her eyes and controlled her breathing. One of the riders approached her, Rachel made a visible gulp as she arrived. She introduced herself as Knight Helena Brock. I was right, gah! The woman had honey-blond hair in a similar tone such as herself, she looked strong and authoritative, definitely fitting for one of the Order. Even when confronted, Rachel was awed by the Knight's presence. She glanced back at the other two riders, both of them also had blond hair. Oh my... four blonds? Haha, what a coincidence. She didn't know whether these three knights were related or not nor she did ponder, she got more pressing issues at the moment.

"I am Rachel Messer, Sera Brock. Instructor at the Anthonius Fighter's Pits under the employment of Sir Gerard Anthonius." The instructor said firmly, putting her right hand in front of her chest in a respectful manner. She then bowed slightly "My humblest apologies, Sera. Like I said, I didn't notice you and your comrades, I was training to fire my crossbow and... my poor aim veered off from my target, which was a tree trunk, not you." She lifted her head and smiled, trying to appear as casual as she could, but in her mind... she was nervous and if it wasn't for Priskil's blessing, she would be tethering on the edge of panic. If the Knight was familiar with a Priskil-marked, she could see a mild glow shining from Rachel's right palm, passing through her gauntlet.

"Nonetheless, I did endanger the safety of you and your comrades, Sera. I will accept any punishments." Preferably the ones that doesn't involve cutting my head off... The instructor truly admired the knights to the point of fanaticism. In her eyes, there was absolutely no flaws in the Knight's ways. They were the perfect defenders of order and justice. Some people may see them as harsh, but it was necessary in this torn world. If they were lenient, Syliras wouldn't be the center of civilization in this savage world. Getting into trouble with the knights was worse than failing a student, and being an instructor, failing was a very heavy blow to her pride and integrity. "Please believe me, I swear by Priskil that I didn't mean you any harm."

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ryia Brock on December 6th, 2013, 3:10 am

Helena pulled gently on the reins to control the horse she rode and moved it's head slightly so that she can better get a look at the woman. She was blonde, as all were in company, short, and seemed rather nervous. It wasn't off putting, the young Knight was used to making people nervous, it came with the job. "I would have expected that you were a new student with an aim like that, not an instructor. It's no surprise, Athonius was never accused of being smart...or talented."

By this time Ryia and Dimia had finally gotten their horses to stop. The girls had to make a semi circle and hug on the reins twice before they could face the same direction as their patron. They too noticed the woman, and that she wasn't any taller than Ryia. Dimia leaned forward on her horse and seemed a bit disappointed. After the commotion the teen squire had expected sparks or something to happen. "Great aim you got there. Though people in these parts hunt animals not people." Her words came out in a mocking tone, but Dimia was none too happy that the woman shot at her, even if it was an accident.

"I believe her." Ryia suddenly spoke up, catching a look from both sisters. The woman did seem story and had admitted her mistake, instead of acting cowardly. But what really got to Ryia was when the woman spoke of Priskil. Any follower of her beloved Goddess could be trusted, and she didn't sense any ill will towards them from the woman either. "She speaks plainly, I think we can trust her words to hold truth."

Helena looked back at the woman, giving her along and hard stare before she decided to speak again. She wasn't so sure that she believed the woman, but since no one was injured she didn't act rashly. "Be more careful. I'd advise you to keep your training inside the Pit. They have a range for bows don't they? Why not use them.

Ryia Brock

Character sheet

Postby Rachel Messer on December 7th, 2013, 4:15 am

The sight of four blond human females gathering around was interesting to say the least, a male hunter was walking through the forest when he noticed the quaint blond little group, he raised an eyebrow and chuckled a little before walking away to continue his hunt. Meanwhile, back at the blond group. The young Knight insulted her aiming ability, Rachel accepted that with open heart for her aim did suck, she was a mere baby in terms of ranged combat, but when this knight insulted Sir Gerard, Rachel could feel a prick on her heart. Her eyebrow twitched ever so slightly as she cleared her throat.

"If... I may speak, Sera, I think Sir Anthonius is a very skilled warrior, few can match his skill in combat and his deep understanding of tactics and strategy." She defended him, he was her employer, and the Knight indirectly called her stupid as well by mocking Anthonius. No, Sir Gerard would not hire a stupid instructor, I'm not stupid, Sera. She sighed, thanking Priskil for the patience she granted. The youngest of the group looked as tall as hers, this was amusing, these three blond knights - Rachel assumed they were all knights - were tall women indeed. Rachel was of average height among humans, slightly leaning towards the 'tall' side, but she seemed short in comparison to the knights. Maybe it was due to them riding horses and she was on foot or these three Order-people were all tall, either way, Rachel was still intimidated, but her respect to the Knights and gnosis kept her standing on her feet.

The other blond also mocked her. Was this how knights supposed to act? She did apologize for her blunder, but Rachel accepted their annoyance, her mistake could prove fatal so it was a good thing they didn't decide to execute her as if she was a bandit. "Yes, Sera, I admit, I have no skill in crossbow. I wish to train myself so no mistakes like this happens in the future. I am ashamed." She slightly bowed her head, then the youngest spoke. This one looked far friendlier than her comrades, no amount of mock or jeer shot at her, the youngest defended her. Priskil bless her soul. Rachel smiled warmly at the girl. "Thank you, Sera." She looked younger, but she was still a knight and as a proper citizen, Rachel should address her accordingly.

"Yes, I'll do so." Rachel paused for a tick, contemplating her words, the reason she got out here today was to practice in a new environment, also to explore the wilderness around the Fortress. She was a combat instructor, she couldn't be blind to the dangers of the wild, her combat skills weren't just for show. "Sera, I venture out here to familiarize myself with the Bronze Woods, also training with my crossbow at the same time. As I work in the Pits, I want to experience enacting combat in the wild, should I find myself be attacked... by bandits, highwaymen, or Yukmen for example, I can know my way around here." She explained to the best she could. An idea formed inside her mind, she could offer something to compensate for her mistake. "Sera, I humbly offer you my tutoring service if you'd let me. I'm nowhere as skilled as Sir Gerard or Ser Wade, but I know my way around the longsword." She didn't bring her blunt longsword though, if one of them accepted, then she would teach them for free.

Speaking of Ser Wade, one of them was named 'Helena Brock' and Ser Wade's full name was 'Wade Brock'. They must be family and... by the looks of it, were they sisters? "If I may ask, Sera, you are a 'Brock', I'm curious, what is your relation to Ser Wade?" Ser Wade was a master of the longsword and an very upright Knight, he was a role-model for the instructor. "And... are you three sisters or cousins? Ah, I beg forgiveness if I'm intruding."

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ryia Brock on December 8th, 2013, 3:42 am

For many who weren't used to seeing it, the group of blonde hair would seem different, possibly exotic, or even humorous. However for the Brock sisters it was nothing uncommon. All three had blonde hair and their ages didn't vary far from the others. Any any given time during their lives, there were two others in their home with blonde hair. This new blonde to the group didn't seen odd at all, and if there had been some thoughts of a 'sisterhood of the blonde hair', it all had been dashed before it could begin.

Helena had no problem with the woman speaking, but she didn't care for the words that she chose to speak. The woman looked to be her age, but she wasn't that wise on the people in the city. Hearing these fault hoods, Dimia arched a brow, then turned to glance at Rya and rolled her eyes. The youngest in the group, only looked back with slight confusion. All that she knew was that the man in question had a father who was a Knight, but that he himself hadn't made it passed squire-hood. The full weight of that failure didn't dawn on the teenager, who had yet to fully understand what it meant to be a Syliran Knight.

"You should learn more about others before you go about spouting their name so highly. Anthonius is no warrior, he is a coward who couldn't abide by the ways of the Order. He's far too weak to be a real soldier. The man is nothing more than a brawler, simple as that." Helena had no respect for the man, and after hearing that he had slandered her family name because of a problem that he had with a member of her family, she wouldn't take his subject lightly.

Dimia was proud of her sister, she admired her, and wanted to be just like the Knight, except less brutish as her own ways were more elegant. Ryia was also proud, she was proud of them both, however her difference of opinion made her feel that she must be too weak, and so she said nothing. Syliran Knights were supposed to be strong, and while the woman may have felt bullied, considering all that she was given was a warning, Ryia couldn't see any wrong doing on the parts of her sisters.

"I don't think that will be necessary." Helena said boldly after the woman offered to train them. The young Knight was surprised by this, almost offended even. To think they she wanted to be tutored by someone who held Anthonius on a pedestal was maddening. She could see that this was the woman's way of trying to make up for her mistake, but she didn't want her tutoring service, nor would she allow her to train either of her sisters.

"Ser Wade Brock is a cousin of ours, and these are my squires and sisters, Dimia and Ryia. They both nodded as their names were spoken to indicate who was who. Ryia felt a bit uncomfortable with it all, it was strange seeing her sister acting the part of a Knight. She was different at home, the same Helena that she had always known, but this new side to her was intimidating and a bit frightening. "Did you need a ride back to the city Lady Messer?" Ryia asked kindly.

Ryia Brock

Character sheet

Postby Rachel Messer on December 9th, 2013, 5:22 pm

The oldest knight of the trio obviously had some problems with Gerard with how her words just oozing with contempt. The instructor's right eyebrow raised ever so slightly, this oldest one didn't act like a proper knight at all. She was brimming with arrogance and pride, looking down on the owner of the pits as if he was a mere novice, he was a contributor to the city, training the populace in the arts of combat. His work was admirable, why did this one scoff it off just like that?

Rachel admired the knights, she really did, but Helena's act planted seed of doubts inside her. No! Everyone have flaws, even Knights... yes, even them! She quickly crushed it with her devotion to the cause of justice, fairness, and hope. The instructor just stayed silent, let this one think whatever she wanted about Gerard, if this Helena proved to be unworthy of her title, the Order would strip her down. They didn't tolerate arrogance and misplaced sense of superiority, do they?

The woman's refusal brought a sarcastic chuckle to the instructor. Oh my... She couldn't believe it, she rarely did such things. This knight's arrogance and tendency to belittle a heart-felt offer grated on Rachel's nerves and being a Priskil devotee, it was hard to annoy her. Helena should get a medal for this achievement. A medal to show to the world how much of a jerkass she was. How noble, courageous, and just of you, Sera Knight. Rachel just smiled gently, her lips curled nicely with no amount of visible malice and her eyebrows didn't furrow in the slightest. "I see, very well then."

At least Helena still had some humility left in her, she answered her questions regarding Ser Wade and her companions. They were sisters indeed, they resembled each other. At least the middle sister was quiet and the youngest was compassionate, this greatly eased her annoyance. The youngest's voice just melted her head, this polite young lady would be a great knight someday. Though with the presence of this bit-... arrogant woman, Rachel wept for her future. A ride back to the city? Such a kind offer. Rachel figured she had enough training in the Woods, she didn't want to risk shooting another Knight. Some time to calm her nerves and muscles should be good. "Alright, I accept your offer, thank you, Sera." With a slight bow, Rachel would mount whichever horse they wished her to board... preferably not Helena's though.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ryia Brock on December 11th, 2013, 5:27 am

Ryia smiled and reached an arm down to help the woman get up on the back of the horse. She might have done better if she had climbed off herself. The teenager quickly felt herself being pulled off the horse more than she was pulling the other woman up. Luckily Dimia saw her falling and quickly grabbed her other arm to pull her back up right. "Be more careful Ryia, you just shined your armor, perish the thought of having to do it again so soon." She sighed and held onto her sister's arm until she and the woman were both on the horse.

"Thanks Dimia." the youngest squire said to her sister. "I think I would faint honestly." she added with a half smile. Ryia glanced back towards Rachel to make sure that the woman was settled on properly. Falling from a horse was no laughing matter and people had gotten hurt in the past because they weren't careful. "Hold tight Lady Messer, I admit I'm not the most gifted rider, but I won't go fast." That was the plain, hoping that she didn't lose control of the horse again.

"You're doing fine Ryia. Just remember not to panic and jerk on the reins. Let's be off, we still need to check the the Lykolav Iron mine, then we can return to the city." Helena started off into a trot, turning her horse clock wise to settle on the direction of the road again. Dimia followed, with Ryia behind as she adjusted the reins in her mits and tugged lightly to turn her horse, then adding a soft kick to start it off again. They rode on, picking up speed as they moved down the road and into the forest.

Soon they came upon the mines, seeing the cave from the distance at first. There was a lot of noise, a lot even for a mine to have. Once they rode closer, Helena slowed her horse and trotted in a half circle before she stopped and climbed down. "You two stay here, I'll be out in a moment." It was like Helena to keep her business to herself, and she rarely said much about her own job unless one of them asked her about. Dimia sighed as she slowed to a stop and looked to Ryia who was also just stopping her horse's movement. "Well this has turned out to be an exiting outing. What do you think Ms. Messer? Are you having as much fun as we are?"

Ryia Brock

Character sheet

Postby Rachel Messer on December 21st, 2013, 6:43 am

As it turned out, she would be mounting Ryia's horse, Rachel made a mental sigh of relief. She wouldn't object if she was directed to ride Helena's horse, but Ryia's was much better, the young woman acted polite and kind even to a mere commoner like her. Rachel was not the kind of person to question the Order's authority, but without the citizens, the very lifeblood of the Fortress City, Syliras wouldn't thrive. A city as big as Syliras with an enormous military force needed constant maintenance and without the farmers, merchants, hunters, and others, it would collapse under its own weight. Knights like Helena seemed to not realize this.

With a nod, Rachel grabbed Ryia's hand and heaved herself up. "W-woah!" Something went wrong though, the woman realized she was pulling Ryia more than she pulled herself, if this kept up, Ryia would fall from her horse. "Watch out!" The woman had little knowledge about riding horses so Rachel was at a loss when the youngest started to fall. If Ryia was injured, Rachel couldn't imagine how furious the sisters must be. She almost killed one of them with her poor aim and they had tolerated her, a second offense right after the first would end with Rachel being locked up in the Tank... or worse, the guillotine. With how prideful Helena acted, it was a distinct possibility. Luckily, for both Ryia and herself, the middle sister quickly helped them both. Rachel breathed a long sigh of relief as she mounted the horse. "Thank you, Sera Dimia." It was a heartfelt statement of gratitude, whether Dimia realized it or not, she might just have saved Rachel's neck.

"Yes. Sera," Rachel held on firmly to Ryia as they rode to the Iron Mines, the woman decided to apologize about the horse blunder earlier, it was partly her fault. "I'm sorry, Miss Ryia. I have no skill in riding as well, thankfully, your sister helped." And saved my neck... Of course, speaking that would offend Helena so she kept that part unspoken. The instructor didn't mind if the knights wanted to inspect the Mines first, she wasn't in a hurry. In fact, it should be a good chance to note the various interesting spots around the Fortress, the mines being one of them. Rachel resorted to examine the beautiful wilderness around them, so lush and green yet so dangerous. Nature truly deserved to be respected, Priskil respected all life, except foul evil beings of course. They didn't deserve the life granted to them.

As they arrived near the famous Lykolav iron mines, Rachel didn't notice the mines was noisier than normal. The instructor figured with all the workers and foremen inside there, it would be crowded, hot, and noisy. The eldest knight then instructed them to stay put while she examined the commotion. Rachel's green eyes watched as the proud knight climbed down her horse with expertise and walked to the mines, such authoritative aura just oozing from her form. I still think she's too arrogant. Being firm was good, but one must remember that each one of them was a puny being compared to the Gods. Even the Gods themselves could die, what were mortals compared to such Divinity?

Dimia broke Rachel's thoughts when she talked to her, the instructor didn't know whether the question was sarcastic in nature or not. To be polite, Rachel just smiled. "Well, perhaps, Sera Dimia. Though I'm still feeling sorry about my blunder earlier... I should have aimed better, other than that, yes, it's quite fun. I always enjoyed a trek through the lush Bronze Woods." Since the Knight began the conversation, Rachel used the chance to know more about the Order. "Sera Dimia, Miss Ryia, if I may ask, what is it like to be in the Order? The duties and obligations? I plan to join the Order myself once I... fare better in my skills."

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next