Closed [Bittern District] Yellow And Red (Sami)

They bumped into each other... literally.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Bittern District] Yellow And Red (Sami)

Postby Rachel Messer on December 3rd, 2013, 4:31 am

Bittern District, 11th of Bell, 7th of Winter 513 A.V

A cold day in Syliras, the fortress city turned from a giant boiling pot in Summer to a slightly chilling pot in Autumn and finally, to a giant ice block in Winter. The blond-haired woman was shuddering as she rubbed her own arms, her feet trudging on the stone floors of the Bittern District. Rachel was wearing her casual clothes, a white blouse with a matching blue knee-length skirt, her hair was also tied into their usual bun-style, and she wore no make-up on her slightly freckled face. It's freezing! It was very much obvious, but she couldn't help to pronounce it in her mind. She should pound herself for forgetting her coat when she walked out of her apartment because almost everyone around her wore some kind of coat or cloak. "Priskil guide me..." She rubbed her own chest as her gnosis shone with yellow light, chipping away her discomfort.

Now, what am I going to do again? She momentarily forgot her purpose of going outside in the first place, but a tick later, it came back to her. She wanted to buy some flowers in the Flower Stand to decorate her apartment, preferably the ones with strong sweet smell. Being so deep in the citadel, her apartment did not have the luxury of windows and good air circulation, she needed something to overcome the damp and humid smell. The woman's green eyes looked to her left and right, searching each stores, she was still searching for the Flower Stand when someone bumped into her. "W-waaah!" She couldn't keep her balance and the floor was rather slippery due to the snow brought by people from outside. She fell down to the ground on her butt, groaning in pain. "H-hey..." She wanted to scream 'watch it!' like most people do, but her devotion to Priskil stopped her, what would the Goddess of Hope do in this kind of situation? Many things, but cursing and spouting were not two of them.

"Ouch, be more careful." She rubbed her waist, she was no stranger to pain being a weapon instructor and swordswoman, but she didn't want to feel unnecessary pain especially when she didn't expect them, she was not a masochist. Rachel blinked her green eyes to look at her offender, she was a young girl... far more younger than her with flaming red hair. Oh, a child? Being the mentor-like figure she was, the instructor smiled at the girl before giggling to ease down any tension. She extended her right hand to pat the girl's head. "There, there, it's okay, just be more careful next time, okay? Crashing into people is bad. Now, why the hurry? Anything I can do to help?" If there was one thing cynical people could see from the woman, they would say Rachel was far too nosy for her own good. Her intentions were good, but she often jumped in to someone's aid without considering it first, especially with children, they were her weak spot.

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sami on December 3rd, 2013, 10:08 am

Sami was on a mission, if it could even be called that. Her head was down, a firm scowl upon her face as the Inarta stormed on through the twisting corridors. Everything was wrong, the people were wrong, the 'Tinners' - or knights if you prefer - were wrong, even the cold stone was wrong. It was a hot temper that had blinded her and one that would continue to do so until the fires calmed. Whenever that may be.

It did not help the fact she was cold, and found herself spending a lot of time huddled up in her cloak. With several things pressing against her mind perhaps it was indeed no surprise her mood was foul. And bumping straight into that woman did not help at all.

Eyes burned at her, heckles rising with great speed in a precreated prejudice. Even as the woman spoke did she continue to burn and let her temper flare. Stupid adults, what did they know? Nothing that's what. Sami gave a jerk away when the hand came, arms folding defensively to her sugar coated words. She did not need help, help got her nowhere useful, help got her stuck in a city where people cared only for themselves. It was one big lie.

"Don't touch me old hag!" she snapped in her best common, her foreign accent more than obvious. Even her hairs seemed to stand on end, the solid, stubborn wall immediately forming between them, "I need no help. Want no help. Not from people who don't watch where standing either!"

She gave a snort, her ground firmly held, even with the woman's good intentions. Why? Because the world was not a safe place, because things like trust were spread thin and most simply because she was little more than a frightened child in a city of strangers.

Nothin' but trouble...
Sami
Nothin' but trouble

Words: 75180
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2013, 7:10 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rachel Messer on December 4th, 2013, 6:51 am

The girl lashed out at her in which she didn't expect coming from such a sweet-looking young lass. Rachel's hand froze in the air as the girl reeled back from her as if she was some kind of monster. Oh my... The instructor was bewildered for a few ticks, not only she repulsed her in actions, the girl insulted with that strange accent of hers. Rachel had no knowledge of the Nari language so the blond couldn't deduce the redhead was an Inarta by her accent alone, furthermore, some generic humans also had red-hair, the trait was not as unique as a Vantha's color-changing eyes. Rachel didn't let her startled expression linger, her eyes mellowed down as she smiled. "It's okay, dear, I'm not going to hurt you." The woman put up both of her hands in a gesture of peace and showing she didn't carry any weapons with her.

She's a naughty girl... Rachel sighed mentally, the girl's features betrayed her demeanor. She should know not to judge a person based on looks alone. An intimidating large man might just be a gentle giant, while a boy with an innocent face might be a monster in disguise. Apparently, this girl had a sweet appearance, but a sour personality. You do need help. The girl's refusal only reinforced Rachel's intention to help this child, guide her to be proper.

Children like these often became pick-pockets and muggers, street rats. It was ignored in Sunberth, but in Syliras, this girl wouldn't last long with an attitude like that. She would get into trouble with the Knights and Rachel couldn't bear to see this girl being taken to the Tank due to her ignorance, it was her responsibility to help those who in need even when they didn't realize it themselves. Such was Priskil's way. "It's okay, dear... uuh, look, I'm sorry for what I did, you were obviously in a hurry and I shouldn't be getting in your way." Accusing the girl of her mistakes wouldn't solve anything, the instructor needed to make the girl accept her presence first.

Rachel would wait the girl to stand up before she stood up herself, then with slow and gentle movement, she extended her right hand. Priskil, my friend, please bless my actions. Comforting yellow light shone from her right palm, filling the girl with courage and chipping away at her fears. Whether it would truly work or not depended on the girl's own psyche, if she still had hope inside her, no matter how small, Priskil's light would nurture it. "Please, I just want to make up to you. I'm Rachel, what's your name, dear? It's okay if you don't want to tell me yet." The woman sighed, not in a disappointed tone, but similar to a mother's relief when she found her lost child. "Are you hungry? I'm about to grab a lunch myself, let me treat you, to gain my forgiveness." Rachel half-lied, she wanted to get some flowers first then cook some lunch in her apartment, but with the girl here, those flowers could come later.

She offered the girl her right hand, the light still mildly shining in its yellow glow. If the girl accepted her offer, she would take her to the White Swan Inn. "I know a good place, it's called the 'White Swan Inn', they have good food there. I think you'd like their beef stew." The instructor was fond of meat, being a swordswoman she needed as much energy she could gain from her food, most of the food she recommended were obviously made out of beef, pork, and birds.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sami on December 4th, 2013, 1:45 pm

The scrutinizing, judging look remained. Blue eyes pierced at her, the scowl still fixed upon her face as this woman tried to push reassurance onto her. It was no doubt a trick, a trap destined to lure her into a false sense of security. Why else would she try to butter words up and act so friendly? She gave a glare, a snarl rising up then pushing down as angst. At least the woman had the decency to apologise for getting in the way and causing such inconvenience to the Inarta. Just as she rightly should, she was in her way after all.

Sami turned her head away and released a snort, her foot stomping down her lip sticking out as she stared up at the woman. Even as the pair came to a steady stand she was mostly silent, her eyes set only to burn in frustration. She did not want guidance, she did not want help; what did this woman want? Even more so when she continued to spout her words in a feeble attempt to find some common ground. Her head however snapped away when the mark gave a glow, not that she completely understood what it was or the nature of it. Shoulders rose up and in defensively, her form hunching almost in a sense of distain to it. Uneasiness hovered there for a moment, her eyes staring at the ground. It was hard to meet her gaze and the hand, and so she simply turned a cold shoulder to it. She would be better off that not associating herself too much with the locals, right?

“I didn’t ask for your name, Hag Ra-ch-el,” she muttered, lip and brow twitching in frustration. Her hands went straight to her pockets, hanging there for a while. There was a rock on her heels, boots squeaking against the floor beneath as the woman continued to twitter in the common tongue. Snippets here and there came to a better understanding. And then her ears twitched to something vital. Her eyes rolled round, keen, sharp, but not in anger. This time it was curiosity, the way her lips pursed almost into a pout, an eyebrow raising to stare upon Rachel. Her chin gave a lift, lids narrowing together as she stared, almost as if in anticipation.

“Food?” She questioned, slowly annunciating the word almost as if in confirmation. There was a look of suspicion, then doubt, and then the thrusting forward of a hand from beneath the folds of her cloak. Firmly shaking it she looked upon him, eyes lightening and a sudden broad sprouting out. Food, it was one of her few weaknesses. She clasped the woman’s tightly, an expression that could only be described as pleased plastering itself there, “Sa-mi! And thank you very much old hag!”

Her face revealed all, the fiery spark now roaring into life and perhaps for a moment that defensive shell had been shed. Of course, it would not last long, soon enough it would die back down behind the solid wall of simply being difficult and uncooperative. But for the meanwhile she was more than happy to oblige; after all, the woman was paying for forgiveness. Who in their right mind would not object?

Nothin' but trouble...
Sami
Nothin' but trouble

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rachel Messer on December 4th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Being a devout friend of Priskil, Rachel always tried to see the good in everyone and only the most foul of scums would she deem hopeless. This child was like her... scared and lost in a strange world. By the girl's accent, Rachel assumed she was not a local, and how she could empathize with her, she lived seventeen years of her life in a scum-filled hole of a city named 'Sunberth'. Through her insults, she still had the courtesy to call Rachel by her name. Maybe 'hag' actually mean 'miss' in her hometown? She mentally mused, it was unlikely but one could never know what kind of people lived beyond the Syliras, Sunberth, and Zeltiva. Tales of exotic races flowed from mouth-to-mouth, animals transforming into people, blue-skinned large men, spindly spider-people, and even walking corpses. Mizahar was truly filled with all kinds of races, now if only all of them could live in peace... just like how Priskil wanted, everything would be alright.

At the mention of food, the girl brightened up immediately, like flipping a switch, she turned from rude and disrespectful to excited and eager. Well... that was rather easy. Even Rachel herself didn't think she would be this willing, breaking down her wall at the mention of meals alone. Her gnosis-marked hand accepted by the girl, a smaller hand wrapping around her glow. Rachel dimmed Priskil's light down, she wouldn't need it any longer now that the girl warmed up to her. She even introduced her name. Sami... alright. "Very well then, Sami, let's go. I think we'll have a great time together." Rachel deliberately ignored being called an 'old hag', what was wrong to be an old hag? Humans would grow old one day, she may be pretty now, but she would be one in a couple of decades. Rachel just hoped she left Priskil's mark on the world before she closed her eyes for the final time.

"Right then, to the White Swan Inn." The woman gently held the girl's hand, leading her through the crowded hallways of the Fortress City. They headed from the Bittern District to the Main gates where the Inn was located. Rachel originally wanted to go to the Nettle District where the Flower Stand was, but... she met with this rude girl just a few chimes after leaving her apartment. The Bittern wasn't exactly the best place to live, but for now, it would do. Rachel arrived in the Fortress City with barely enough coins to buy herself a cheap apartment in the Bittern, she needed to work hard if she wanted to climb the echelons of Syliran society and perhaps one day... became a knight. Of course, during her journey, she would never do actions that violate her patron Goddess' ways.

Moments later... White Swan Inn, Main Gates District

The pair entered the Inn, delicious smell of food immediately filled Rachel's nostrils and combined with the warm atmosphere, it relaxed her body. The musicians performing a relaxing tune was also welcomed, beautiful paintings adorned the clean walls and the tables were covered with clean white linen cloth. A door greeter immediately welcomed Rachel and Sami with a polite gesture before offering to take Sami's cloak, if the girl accepted, he would put it on a nearby cloak hanger. A waitress then guided the duo to their seats, one near the entrance. This place is really fancy. Rachel's eyes wandered, she wanted this kind of atmosphere in her apartment. Perhaps... one day.

As the waitress sat them both down, she smiled and asked for their orders. "Well... I..." Rachel thought for a moment, she was not that hungry yet, but it was near lunchtime. "I'll have the lunch set please, what do you want, Sami? Tell this kind lady here." Rachel gestured to the smiling waitress.

"Your sister, Madame?" The waitress asked, just to break the ice. This was a fine establishment and the employees were told to be as courteous and polite as possible.

"Oh no, she's uh... a friend, yes, my friend." Rachel sheepishly smiled, hoping the girl wouldn't mind. She couldn't exactly say 'I crashed with this girl and I decided to help her fix her attitude', it would ruin her efforts.

"Alright then, young miss, we have a lunch set if you'd like to or some fruit and sweets? We also have juices." The waitress didn't offer Sami wine for she didn't look old enough to drink.

After Sami said her order, Rachel would put both of her hands to the table, smiling gently at the girl. "So, Sami, can you forgive me now? Let's make up, okay? You're a big, strong, girl. I want to be your friend." With children like these, one couldn't repress their ego forcefully, it would require a more gentle approach.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sami on December 8th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Sami’s mind was cackling. There was no two ways about it. It spun with thoughts, ideas and attempted ways to manipulate the situation further. Obviously she was still believed to be a child. Hah, A child! Sami could have snickered quietly to herself, but that would have ruined the game, no? Of course there was no need to take her firmly by the hand and drag her around the city, a thought that came apparent as she dragged it free from Rachel’s. Her fingers gave a flex, but her feet continued to sound on after her, the low tread against the ground those bright blue eyes staring at everything. Perhaps Syliras was not as bad as she thought it would be – least that was the impression she was getting right now during the first few days of being with its walls.

Of course, such attitudes were also quick to change – much like her previous flick of a switch. She gave what could only be described as a swagger. Her chin was held high, her hands falling firmly into her pockets as she swallowed. There was the occasional angry snort as someone brushed past her, a look of defiance and what could only be described as a self set superiority upon her face. Which only grew the moment they arrived at their destination.

It would be fair to say the Inarta was far from used to the culture of the Sylirians, or their merry greetings and how they stepped around issues instead of the hard head on facing. They were far from the sort to wear their hearts on their sleeves, and it was only as she spent the time wandering about in her head strong manner that things such as this became more apparent. With her cloak taken and her belongings peace bonded – something that was heavily requested by the staff – the pair were sat upon a table and left to dwell in some strange awkward silence.

“You don’t have to talk to me like I am Yasi,” she was looking around the room, her expression already forming into that of boredom. Her eyes gave a turn, drifting along to the pictures and then to the sunken fireplace towards the centre of the room. Fingers gave a drum, her brow knitting into a line as she gave a glance to the waitress, “Lunch sound good. For now.” And then promptly she looked to Rachel, eyes burning brightly before breaking out into a devilish grin. Leaning back in the chair she gave the blonde a long hard study, before promptly scratching at the neck of her Vinati with distaste. Perhaps getting some winter wear would not go amiss in this current climate – it was after all far from pleasant in comparison to home. Turning her attention back to the woman she spoke once more, giving only a snort in response at first, “Forgive? Friend? Maybe the first. Second is hard.”

Her lips gave a purse at that point, shoulders rolling back as if contemplating something important, and then brushed it aside. It was from there she started to fidget, her fingers drumming upon the top in pattern, her brow having creased itself in a sort of annoyance, “Why adult want to be a friend anyway? Surely benefits nothing, no?”

Nothin' but trouble...
Sami
Nothin' but trouble

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rachel Messer on December 9th, 2013, 3:04 pm

"Yasi?" The older of the pair tilted her head, she wasn't familiar with the word. With how the girl spoke it, it sounded like an insult. Maybe... Yasi means 'brat'? 'Naughty'?" Rachel didn't know, she had zero knowledge about the Nari language. Since the girl was so upfront with her speech, the woman figured asking her directly would be for the best. "Forgive me, but I don't understand what 'Yasi' means, Sami. So... I 'm not sure on how to respond." The woman leaned back to her chair, taking a more relaxed position. In the back of her mind, Rachel was starting to worry for the girl. If she was left alone to her own devices, it wouldn't surprise Rachel to find Sami locked up in a tank and sent to the mines for work. The thought shuddered her, the knights were harsh and just. If someone violated the law, child or no, they would still receive punishments.

The girl's curious choice of clothing made the instructor raised an eyebrow, she wore such bare upper-clothing in Winter? Without her cloak, she would be freezing. Rachel tried hard to swallow her imminent sigh. The girl was unwilling to be friends, she was a hard one indeed. In moments like these were her devotion to Priskil was tested to the fullest. What would the Goddess of Hope do? She would nurture the girl, everyone, except the most foul of the foul, deserved a chance. "Alright then, let's start with the first then." She gently smiled at the girl, like a mother. The woman rubbed both of her hands, her gnosis flaring with a mild comforting yellow glow. If the girl asked, she would answer truthfully about her relationship with Priskil, there was nothing to be ashamed of in being friends with Priskil.

"Well, Sami." Rachel leaned forward, straightening her back as she prepared a parent-like explanation for the girl. "Because friendship is good. Imagine if all people are friends with each other, help each other, and understand each other. Then this world will turn for the better, no more suffering, no more poverty, no more..." She looked to the side, did this conversation turn a little too deep? She decided to continue. "...despair. Priskil taught me that." Through Her teachings, Her mark, and Her deeds, Priskil was truly a saint in this torn world. "Sami..." The woman slowly reached out her right hand to gently caress the girl, if the girl didn't want to, she would pull away. "Not all things that we do should be for ourselves, there is a joy in helping someone. If you have the power, then you should help. Only in this way we can achieve peace. Understanding, compromise, and kindness. There are noble things. This is what differentiates us, sentient beings, from mere animals, Sami." The girl looked spunky and smart, Rachel hoped she understood.

A few chimes later, their food came. The set consisted of a bowl of beef stew, a mug of fruit juice, and a plate of fresh fruits for desert. There were two sets, one for Rachel and one for Sami. The instructor nodded and thanked the waitress before she went away to attend other customers. Rachel gestured to Sami. "Let's dig in, shall we?" She was hungry, the delicious smell of beef made her mouth water. Picking up her spoon, the instructor began her lunch. As she ate, another matter came to her. Where did this girl live? Did she have a home? Knights didn't take kindly to street-living. "Sami, if I may ask, do you have a home somewhere? If not... You can stay with me for a while." She might be seen as too kind or generous, even foolish sometimes, but this girl looked foreign and... she was wandering alone. "Are your parents here somewhere?" The thought of this girl being all alone brought a tinge of pity to her heart. Rachel herself personally experienced how it felt like to be alone as a child... until she met Priskil.

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sami on December 15th, 2013, 3:11 pm

For a moment Sami simply stared upon the woman, almost in disbelief of her lack of understanding. And then, promptly she gave a snort; silly non-Inartans, they can’t help the fact they’re so stupid and uneducated. Shaking her head she gave only the wave of the hand and begun the re-education of her elder, ”Yasi, young person, uh… youth. We learn, train, and get better. Then, when old enough and if lucky we become apprentice to adults. You not have thing like that?” She cocked an eyebrow, her hand flicking and turning in gesture to the air. There was a snort, the chirping mutter of ”Krric Too,” under her breath with a shake of the head.

Leaning back she gave only a click of the neck as the elder spoke and tried to explain some form of reasoning to her question. She hated the tone, she hated the way there was this almost pitiful expression on her face as she tried to create some form of bond. There was a firm snatch away of the hand when Rachel tried to reach her, a firm placing of the palm beneath her chin. Her lip twitched, the twittering barely reaching her ears and a bored expression sweeping over her face. What a foolish dream. Friendship could not last - because of personal greed, someone always wanted something from another, and always wanted more no matter the pain it caused another. It was the reason she was so far from home to begin with after all.

”Hope only exist due to ills of world,” her eyes turned away, staring intently to the burning hearth in the centre of the room. They did not shift as she continued anyway, some words falling past her understanding of common, but the meaning still more or less apparent. By doing something good for another a greater good can be achieved. What bull shyke, helping others never solved anything. Her fist gave a clench and then eased after she gave the table surface a firm tap.

”Help others,” eyes pinched, but remained on the fire. An angry tone danced upon her lips, a distinct flare of annoyance upon her tongue, ”Help others is why I here. Put neck out, get ripped off. Stupid.” She shook her head in disagreement, sombreness hovering on her face before once more retreating behind her burning glares. There was only a brief glance up at the waitress as she placed the meal before them. There was only a final glance back to the fire and then down to the task at hand. Sami gave a questioning look to the spoon, almost as if it truly was a foreign object and then took it up. Fingers curled around it, her brow knitting together as she gave the stew a prod.

”Yasi from Dek do not know blood,” she began, giving it a stir and allowing the steam to rise up from it, ”We Yasi, we know no such things as parents. Thought yes, but link? No. But, it not bother us,” taking a scoop she gave a blow upon it and then a mouthful. Letting it rest there in mouth she gave a look to Rachel, ”But I be fine. I stay in traveller’s place, it cheep and own space. Besides, I am used to being alone and prefer it. Less hassle of others to deal with. Do things at my pace, not of others. Calmer.” There was a second and a third mouthful, quicker than the first, ”So, no need to be in another place. Besides, I settled now, I think. Why you ask?” The Inarta’s head cocked to one side, a firm point with the spoon to the woman, ”You think lots and ask questions old woman. Lots of thinking and creasing. You pull funny face when you do.”

Nothin' but trouble...
Sami
Nothin' but trouble

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Rachel Messer on December 21st, 2013, 11:06 am

"Ah I see, I'm sorry, Sami. I admit that I don't understand your native language." The woman slightly nodded in apology, so typical of grumpy youths, she didn't want to be treated like a kid whereas her actions betrayed her wish. She looked so proud herself yet lacking the wisdom which was essential to live on one's own, to be called an adult, one needed such wisdom. However, telling the girl that would lead to her being more stubborn, this was going to be touch. The woman ignored whatever foreign snort the girl muttered and focused on the issue. "Yes, we do have it, parents train their children until they are ready to live on their own, usually as apprentices in whatever job the parent possess, or they can always join the Syliran Knight Order. It may be different than wherever you came from though."

Priskil's light didn't work in convincing this girl, it didn't surprise Rachel, the Goddess of Hope didn't grant the power to instantly sway the mind, it must come from within the person's self whether they wanted to embrace it or not, Priskil could only nudge them. Except to evil beings of course, as her light would burn them with no mercy. Mercy was not reserved for wicked creatures. Evil shall disappear from the face of Mizahar and Rachel would see that her Goddess' will be done. She just smiled, the girl had the right view, hope existed because most beings were born good and in their hearts, the need to fight evil and set things right, without hope, everything would be in ashes and evil would rule. "You are right, dear, and remember that without hope, good will not exist, despair will spread, and evil... will triumph. Why do you think Syliras can stand even to this day despite the dangers and threats looming in every corner? It's through determination, bravery, and of course, Hope."

"..." Rachel gave the girl a sad smile, from her speech, it sounded like the girl was manipulated in helping someone then ended up being punished because of it. "I'm really sorry to hear that, dear..." The instructor gave a sigh, betrayers, scoundrels, and liars, they were among the foulest of the foul. Fabricating sweet words to gain the help of a good person then cruelly toss them away after they were done. "Like you said, hope exists because due to the ills of the world. People who manipulate others, liars, deceivers, they are among the worst of these 'ills'." Rachel then put her right hand to her chest as she gave the girl a confident nod. "At least, you can trust me, dear. I will not lie to you or deceive you, I swear on my life and Goddess Priskil's light." The woman then leaned in and stared directly into the girl's eyes. "If that's not enough, what can I do to make you trust me?"

Unfortunately, Rachel didn't understand the foreign terms the girl said, the instructor had no choice but to ask. "Forgive me, Sami, but can you explain to me what 'Yasi' and 'Dek' mean?" The instructor had the thought Sami was an orphan, but she didn't want to make assumptions. Rachel picked up her spoon and started to eat her own meal, her green eyes never leaving the girl's. "I see, I'm glad to hear you have some shelter." The girl lived at the Traveller's Row, alone, and she preferred it that way. "If it's okay with you, can I visit you sometime?"

"Because I'm concerned for your safety, Sami. I grow up in Sunberth, I had been an orphan since I was born, I know what it feels like to be alone." Perhaps this was why she cared for the girl so much, she felt kinship with this child. All those years in the Sunset Quarters orphanage, she had no one to talk to, no father, no mother, and food was often in short supply. "Ahaha, perhaps I am, it comes with age, but being old is not bad, everyone will grow old sooner or later," Rachel drank a sip of her stew, before continuing. "If you find me entertaining, I can keep making funny faces."

Rachel would let the girl finish her stew, but would reply if Sami asked her questions. Once they were done, Rachel would offer Sami to take her home. "After this meal, where are you going? I have lived in Syliras for a couple of years, I can say that I know my way around here, perhaps I can be your guide."

"Common" | Thoughts

Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sami on January 8th, 2014, 6:54 pm

"Are you stupid old woman?" Sami sneered, "I told you. Yasi. Young person who train. Such Cookoo." She felt her temper fray, her eyes a glare upon Rachel. The fork was placed down, her arms folding into a sulk of annoyance - that no doubt would have looked serious if it was not for the dribble of food that peaked out the corner of her lips. The Inarta released a huff, "Clean ears out. Listen better. Sharper." Waggling a finger she gave a tut, a moment of lecturing upon her tongue, before she continued.

"Dek are lowest of low. They do mundane jobs. Clean. Hard labour. Rough work. They busy. So much they do not have time for children," She raised a brow at Rachel, "They also a bit... thick? Lack useful skills." She turned her hand in gesture, "Cannot hunt. Cannot make. Cannot work well. Find things difficult." Puffing out her cheeks she finally wiped away the dribble, "Yasi above them, but they can fall to that level. Very possible if one does not show talent." She gave a nod as if to confirm her point, then turned her hands back down to the fork. Taking it up she jabbed at her stew, "Why want to visit? You not my guard, nor I your target."

Her eyes burned at the woman, defiant in their look and hold. There was a chew, followed by a distinct slurp as she continued to tuck into the meal. She shook her head however to the insistency of the woman's words. No, she did not like the idea of this stranger prying into her personal life. Of staring and pushing her way in. It made her want to writhe, but she chose not to - Rachel had fed her after all. The Inarta eventually released a sigh, the cutlery clattering about in the bowl the meal came in, the blue eyes staring almost dreamily into the fire.

She held her chin in her hand, her finger tips casually drawing a circle on the table top, "After this? Who knows? Walk far, see lots, get lost. No place in mind. See where feet take me. Seem like good idea. Could be interesting. Then, back to rest. Sleep. Strong. Recover. Grow. Repeat. I do not need guide for simple looking and walking. All I need is strong and will. Then, nothing stop." There was a grin, broad and unflinching.

Nothin' but trouble...
Sami
Nothin' but trouble

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next