Completed [Fighter's put] Kreig the Teacher

Kreig is teaching someone, how will it go?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighter's put] Kreig the Teacher

Postby Kreig Messer on December 11th, 2013, 2:22 pm

9th day of winter 513 AV 15th Bell 2nd chime

'Whyyyyyyy did I take her suggestion?' Kreig asked himself as he stood about in the fighters pit, before him a young man....perhaps no older than 17 and wearing a simple white wool shirt, sack cloth pants and even sack cloth shoes 'Why must I be the one to teach him?' The answer to that was simpe.... to earn money, something which the Brawler was severely lacking. His sister, Rachel, suggested that he market his skills and teach those who want or have a need to learn bare fisted fighting. Being that he was desperate for it, he went about the pit, randomly offering his tutelage to anyone willing.

The problem with that was that the patrons of the Fighter's Pit knew of all too well what was Kreig's preferred style of fighting.... and well, the fact he was an inexperienced teacher I bet they'd stand in line for Razkar' Ah Razkar, the Myrian whom Kreig fought and formed a friendship with during the Summer season.... Difference between Kreig and Raz was that the Myrian was dependant on teaching as part of his income ' Amongst other thing' Kreig on the other hand never really had a reason to teach someone his skills because he rarely had such a desperate need for money Till bloody now

Kreig looked at the lad before him, the only one who had the curiosity or guts to take up tutelage from Kreig. He looked the boy over, and noted a few things about him.... he had muscle, something that was always welcomed, his hands were also calloused 'Kid must be a hard worker, maybe a farmer's kid or a dock hand?' He guessed, the boy also looked dirt poor.... but he'd shown him the he had money on him and the boy looked rather desperate. This prompted the brawler to ask.

"Alright lad.....Kind of reluctant about this I must admit, but before we start at all I have to ask a few things first, you ok with that?"

"um...Yes Ser Kreig"

"Ok, first an order...THEN the questions! I'm a squire, not a knight. I've yet to earn the chance so no need to call me Ser" In fact Kreig hated being called that, for some reason or another people seem to insist on calling him Ser!! The boy quickly nodded as he straightened himself.

"Yes se- I mean Mr. Messer!"

"....Just call me Kreig" The Brawler turned and sighed, being called Mister was even worse....he rather disliked formalities but then again, this wasn't Sunberth.... The folks here had manners. He turned back and looked at the lad, an aloof look on his face "Alright, first things first....yer name, Lad?"

"My name is Elem Papilio"

"Alright, Papilio.... Why do you want to learn how to fight?"

The boy looked to be surprised to be asked such a question so quickly "Uh...?"

"Come on Papilio, you have a beef with someone? Self defense? Money?" Ah, the boy fidgeted at the last part Right on the head, eh?

"Guess that means you'll be at the Spinning Coin, lad. You do know there easier ways to earn money?"

"I...yes sir, but....I need the money quickly"

That damn formality again He supposed he should give up on that bit, right now he wanted to know why the lad was so desperate for the money "And... what is so important to risk your life over money?" Not that Kreig thought it truly mattered, money was money '....plus I risk my life over pointless things half the time...heh'

"...I just have something important I need it for, sir"
Kreig wanted to know more really, but he supposed he shouldn't push more

"Ok then, Elem. I suppose that's enough questions then....lets get straight to it" Kreig crossed his fists as he looked at the lad, then suddenly closed his eyes and began to think...he proceeded to take a few steps back after that and looked back at Elem " Alright, first things first..... I need to see much about fighting you really know. So what I want you to do is come at me with all you got"

" Er...Sir, I've never fought in my life"

"uh....um....ok....um, have you at least watched a fight? Like snuck into the spinning coin and watched some?"

"Kinda...um yes...."

"Well, use whatever you think you can do from those....except, you know...the ones you shouldn't really be trying"

Elem nodded, although slightly confused by Kreig's choice of wording as he quickly charged the Brawler. The Brawler immediately winced as the lad, even by brawlers standards, had a very horrible form ' He wasn't kidding when he said he'd never been in a fight' Even the lad's punches were clumsy, as he just swung his arms about like bricks with little rhyme or reason. Kreig could easily dodge such attacks as he simply step back when the lad threw what could barely be considered a straight punch.

'no no no, its all wrong....' Kreig couldn't help but sigh as the lad threw another messy and ineffective right punch, his left hand quickly darting forward and quickly grabbed the lad by the wrist, tightening his hold on it and twisting it to the right. The boy couldn't dare go to the opposite directing as doing so meant breaking his wrist, so his body instintively moved with his arm and he found himself looking down at the ground.

"Alright Elem, I can see this is going to be a lot of work..."Kreig said as he let go of the wrist, feeling a tad bit guilty rubbed his wrist and closed his eyes, fighting back some tears ' A whole lot of work' " .... as it were, you know never been in a fight and your punches....well, they're shyke" He said the last part rather bluntly as he shrugged.

"An...and what are we going to do to correct that, sir?"

"....Simple lad, first things first, I will teach you how to throw a damn punch even if it kills you" Now at that, the lad paled.

x
Last edited by Kreig Messer on December 14th, 2013, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on December 11th, 2013, 3:13 pm

" Alright lad.....before I teach you a good punch, you're going to have to be able to avoid or take blows really" Kreig said as he raised his hands in open palms "Which is why I'll be throwing attacks at you and I want you to guard or dodge them" Kreig told Elem, who simply nodded as he paled at the thought of the experienced fighter attacking him "Don't worry, I'll be holding back" Kreig tried to reassure the lad ' Well...try to anyway'

In Kreig's mind, the best way to build up the instinct of avoiding things like punches was....to get punched. He thought that if the fighter experienced the blow, he'll have an easier time trying to memorize the tell tale signs of an attack "Now, just to be sure...are you ready?" Then without warning....the bloody bastard launched a palm strike at the lads head. For one thing Kreig had to praise Elem for having the instinct to actually duck, though he did think the lad yelped like a newborn pup. Despite this Elem wasn't prepared for the palm strike coming from Kreig's left as it struck the lad's forehead. The center of Kreig's palm pushing the lad back on the ground.

"Get up lad..." Kreig said as he stomped his foot near Elem's head, who promptly yelped as he rolled to side then backed up "....If you're going to be fighting, best know the opposing fighter won't give you a damn chance to catch your breath" Kreig said as he calmly moved closer to the lad, with a menacing glare on his face "...Now get up, or the next stomp won't miss" Elem needed no more 'encouragement' from that as he quickly stood up. An audible gulp could be heard as Kreig crept closer.

Immediately the brawler launched another palm strike at the lad, this time his right hand moving quicker and purposefully missing Elem's head. Elem stood their froze briefly, not moving to his right to get away and allowing Kreig's right hand to fly back as it grabbed Elem by the back of his head, brought him forward and had introduced his abdomen to Kreig's left palm as the wind was knocked right out of him "You could have avoided this easily lad, remember...if I were being serious this would have knocked you out."

Kreig wanted the lad's body to remember each of his blows, his eyes to remember the movements and the mind to devolop evasion techniques quickly. For that to happen, the brawler began making some of his attacks miss on purpose to give Elem some hope, remembering that when he sparred with Fallon that making her lose hope meant she had no motivation to continure ' I want this lad to continue...'

He also moved slower as he wanted Elem's eyes to absorb the movement's fully, memorizing each movement of his body. Sometimes he would strike the lad to remind him what would happen if he didn't avoid these attacks and when the lad attempted to block he would increase the strength of his blows. He wasn't simply trying to teach the lad to avoid, he was teaching to him watch...teaching when to move, when to block and most importantly, finding out the way his opponent fought and where his weaknesses lay.

This was how Kreig learned back in Sunberth...although it was the city that thought him and not in a gentle manner. From all of his engagements in Sunberth Kreig had developed a sense of combat that matched that of an animal.... He had instinct. Those with the instinct for battle

They continued for two bells, every thirty chime they would rest slightly and continue. At the end of the lesson, Elem was quite the tired wreck, breathing heavily as he lay on the ground "Alright, good effort Elem. Enough for today I suppose" Kreig scratched the back of his head before kneeling down, offered Elem a hand and gently pulled him up. They spoke for a bit before parting ways.... and Kreig was happy to say he had earned a nice fee of five gold mizas.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Radiant on December 23rd, 2013, 6:09 am

Kreig :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Teaching +2 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Side-Job: Combat Instructor
Elem Papilio: Student

Loots
+5 GM

Notes :
Nice short thread, Kreig. :) I want to see more of his shenanigans with this 'greenie' student of his!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)