Completed There's A Journey Ahead of Us

The group departs into the Wildlands

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

There's A Journey Ahead of Us

Postby Noaru on December 13th, 2013, 5:31 am

Winter 3, 513 A.V.

A single snowflake falls from the sky; it lands on the last leaf that was being held by an old tree. The frozen particle of water rests in place, oblivious to the leaf and its entreaty to stay upon the branch of the strong tree. The leaf and the snowflake tumble to the earth in an icy embrace—landing onto the cold earth with serene grace. Noaru witnessed the moment when the first snowflake and the last leaf of fall fell. The spirit then traverses through the snow, as the world around him was gradually engulfed by thin white sheets. He knew that in time the snow would thicken and a cold storm would replace the scene in front of him.

A herd of deer appears from the surrounding forest and they began to graze on the icy grass, right in front of Noaru. The deer were completely unaware of the entity, they could not see or sense the spirit—he was hidden, completely invisible to the untrained eye. There was nothing at the moment that could distinguish Noaru from an empty space. The animals that he came across steadily began to dwindle in numbers and Noaru found himself completely alone in the white forest—where he stops to see where his position remained.

Noaru levitates through the branches and hovers over the highest branch on the tallest tree he could find. The view was magnificent. There were trees that were barren with some, having only a few leaves remaining on them. The spirit stared into the distance, watching the clouds that were heading in the direction of Syliras. He hoped that this season would be fair for the city and its inhabitants. Noaru descends onto the forest floor and continues his journey into the world—wondering what fate had in store for him.

“ ”
Last edited by Noaru on January 16th, 2014, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on December 20th, 2013, 2:23 am

The snow has started to fall, the weather was seemingly cooling down. And there was a promise that must be kept. The thoughts floated around in circles within Shiyami's mind, just as he was likewise floating towards where he presumed he would be waiting for his company to arrive. Or possibly where his company was waiting for him. Either way, today was the date that he had made plans to travel with Noaru. Having met that old ghost about fifty and four days ago, while the leaves still hung from their respective branches.

His eye shifted over towards his right, where his adopted daughter was observing the surroundings, with a curious gaze, mixed with small amounts of excitement. The top of her head was missing the usual black ribbon, that symbolizes whether or not the girl was using a childish mentality. Heck, her entire appearance was different, but that was to be expected. "I know it was my own idea, but I still feel at odd...", Shiyami muttered, to which Kimi's now light blue eyes moved towards him. "You're no better.", she responded with a half smile. The older ghost looked down at himself, before reaching a hand to his face. "Though it isn't as drastic of a change as mine, it's still change nonetheless.", Kimi said, before turning her attention back to the landscape.

Their friendly banter stopped, as Shiyamu detected the presence of a familiar soulmist. Shiyami nodded in the direction of the ethereal, before floating towards it, with Kimi in the tow. As the two of them floated within speaking distance, Shiyami raised his hand as a greeting, before calling out, "Sorry, did I keep you waiting?", in a much more friendly tone than he had used during the first meeting they had. Kimi stood to the side of Shiyami, while giving a smile, and a silent wave.
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on December 21st, 2013, 6:19 am

Winter 3, 513 A.V.

Noaru pauses in the snow after he senses the presence of two ghosts within the vicinity. He turns to see Shiyami and Kimi whom he was expecting from the hours pass. Noaru knew he was in good company and he decides to show himself—revealing the unseen self. The soulmist that made up the spirits form shimmered with a soft and pure glow. Noaru pays conscious attention to his spiritual form and after some seconds passed, he was fully materialized.

A robe now embraced a more human visage, as Noaru stood, holding the appearance of a young-man, wearing a white robe that fluctuated and flow—reminiscent of fire. He held deep-blue eyes and pale white hair. Noaru’s youthful appearance betrayed the years he held behind him.

Noaru gave Kimi and Shiyami a nod, acknowledging them and allowing them to know that he appreciated their arrival and appearance, as they agreed. Noaru levitates towards the two souls behind him, wondering why fate had them meet together. He could not fathom the extent of fates humor or curiosity of his existence, having him meet so many new and unique souls within the reaches of the peaceful city, Syliras.

“The first snowflake has fallen and we are here, as promised.”

The snow was increasing and started to cling and collect on Noaru’s body. The parched ice cold air was especially unforgiving around Noaru. The flakes of snow flowed around Noaru, as he stood with unyielding patience within the forest, unperturbed by their grace presence. He did not mind the clingy snowflakes, as he was as natural as the trees and the snow. Noaru’s soulmist flowed like that of a silent flame, beautiful yet corrupting in nature.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on December 24th, 2013, 5:46 am

"Such intricate designs, made in the whim through the waxing and waning of airflows, blowing the water into the most complex of molds. That, is a snowflake.", Shiyami noted, as he watched the snow fall slowly and gently onto the ground. He looked over to Noaru, and noted the more different appearance the ethereal currently wears compared to the last time they met. "This is quite the coincidence, for all of us to be wearing a different appearance then we had last season, no?", he asked, while examining Noaru's current looks.

If it were to be summed up in one sentence, it would most likely be the White Acolyte. Or something similar. It certainly reinforced the thought that ghost's 'wear' their appearances as the living wear their articles of clothing. Taken and thrown away, as the rich do with their near infinite sets of clothes. 

Pushing that thought temporarily to the side -it seemed like an interesting train of thought. He may bring it up again, perhaps with Noaru-, Shiyami nodded to the ethereal, while commenting, "Yes, the snow has fallen, and the time has come for us to have a change of scenery.". He looked back in the direction of Stormhold Castle, and remembered that that was his home, no matter how bloody it was those four hundred and odd years ago. I should return, and visit the very place that I was taken from the mortal realm., he thought, reminiscing the amount of time spent there.

Mentally shaking himself to do away with any possible second thoughts, he faced Noaru again, before realizing something. He hasn't figured out where the other ethereal was heading. Would they part ways at the half point of his journey? Or even a quarter way? Or would the ethereal be heading towards the exact same city? "So, where is your final destination for this travel be?", Shiyami asked with a curious tone. Meanwhile, during this entire time, Kimi has been observing the snow fall. Somehow, that girl, who was basically raised by Shiyami, was infinitely more patient than her adopted parent.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on December 29th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Winter 3, 513 A.V.

‘‘Indeed this coincidence is ours. However, I have always changed with the seasons and when I do so. I never falter.’’

Noaru looked at his hands. The transparency they held for years was almost gone; signaling the state of power he desired was approaching. Noaru clenched his fists, causing the soulmist around him to ripple and glow slightly. He would soon wield enough power to defense his own territory—land that no one else claims. Noaru knew he would need to perfect his other skills to ensure his success. The urge to claim a location was strong within this spirit, he felt compelled to establish some form of territory. A place he could call home since finding a host these days would be extensively difficult.

Noaru knew that he would need to focus on his fangs—soulmist. The future would probably require him to use his precious soulmist to combat ghosts and other entities similar to him. Noaru extends a tendril of soulmist and captures a snowflake. The soulmist he projects forward leaves the snowflake suspended in the air. Noaru watches as the snowflake rotates on the tip of his soulmist cloak . This moment reminded him of a memory from the past. The memory, as fleeting as this white snowflake within his grasp, felt important.

“I desire to find another city a distance away from Syliras. I’ve been to three cities now; Syliras, Zeltiva and Ravok. I wish to venture to another city, do you know of another? We can travel there together.”

Noaru wanted to travel to every city he could find, or heard of. The world had changed and so did he! There were many pieces of himself that were lost during the Valterrian and he believed as he grew stronger, experienced more and gained knowledge—he could reclaim what was lost. The idea of being complete and the indomitable will he possessed… is what kept him in existence. Noaru turned and gazed upon the horizon; grey clouds were heading towards them. A storm was going to be produced; he could sense it in the environment around him.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on January 9th, 2014, 4:46 am

"Ho? Change with the seasons, now that is an intriguing concept.", Shiyami said with a small as those words have him a small, trivial thought to mull over. While thinking, another snowflake slowly drifted to the ground, right past his eye, reminding the ghost that they should start their journey.

With that thought passing through his mind, it seems Shiyami wasn't the only one thinking of the travels ahead. Hearing the question of their destination from the ethereal, the ghost nodded. "So, Zeltiva is out, Ravok is some time away, and Syliras we are departing from.", he thought aloud. Several ticks passed, before Shiyami thought of a destination. "Well, there is always Sahova!", he said, while completing the sentence within his mind, It's a land I know less off. Not little, just less..

"Of course, along the way, we also have to go through Sunberth. So you'll be visiting two different places along this journey.", Shiyami added as well, with a smile. He was suppose to go to Sunberth last season, but he had forgot to bring his scythe. This time, he deeme himself not requiring the use of the weapon that accompanied him for these last centuries.

"Well? What do you say to these destinations?".
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on January 12th, 2014, 3:42 am

Winter 3, 513 A.V.

Noaru’s soulmist shimmered, it was a fine idea! The journey would be long and tedious but worth it. He would be able to see two cities in a single journey. Noaru was confident in his ability to navigate through the forest despite his tendency to wander off and lose himself in the lush and green world. Noaru couldn’t say the same for the situation now. The snow would obscure his vision, painting the green he was use to—white. This formidable obstacle called winter was different somehow; probably, due to the fact that he had companions this time.

‘‘Sahova and Sunberth—these places are fine.’’

The spirit was on another journey—fate was kind to him this time. Noaru levitated off of the frozen earth while still plagued by the snow that clung to his soulmist. The perpetual freeze around Noaru was amplified by the chilling atmosphere of winter, causing ice to form on and around the entity. Noaru wasn’t bothered by the vexatious snow; winter appeared once every year and he treasured the month of ice, sleep and cold.

‘‘Lead the way, Shiyami!’’
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on January 15th, 2014, 3:46 am

Yes. This journey will be different, compared to the ones he has done before. This time, he is traveling, without his scythe, and with a companion. Well, companions. And of course, this time, the journey will be more entertaining. Shiyami was certain off it.

Hearing Noaru's agreement with the two destinations in mind, Shiyami gave a mental sigh. If he had rejected, I do not know much about the lands outside of Sylira area...besides that forest in the tropical..., he thought, as he looked onwards in the direction of Sunberth.

Being told to lead the way, Shiyami did exactly that. With Noaru and Kimi with him on this journey, it should bring far more entertainment than he would have dirt guessed. However, a minor problem arosed, as the ghost thought of their destinations. He knew that to get to Sahova, you need to pass through Sunberth. How to go from Sunberth to Sahova, was something he had absolutely no clue about. Perhaps he could ask someone from the city when he enters Sunberth.

OOCThat will probably be my last post. You can make your final post, and post the thread for grading right after, or just leave it as is, and PM me to post for grading.

It was a fun thread ^.^! Thanks for threading, and hope to do it again sometimesOf course, we need a thread for Sunberth? Or Sahova? Or was it both? I forgot (^.^")
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Noaru on January 15th, 2014, 6:47 pm

Winter 3, 513 A.V.

Noaru was satisfied with the meeting going well. He enjoyed the conversation he held with Shiyami also. In a way, he felt he got to know the young soul despite the length of the conversation being somewhat short. Noaru’s concern turned towards the horizon. A series of dark grey clouds were coming with the promise of a storm. The clouds from before were upon them, bringing more snow and ice-cold winds with them.

‘‘…’’

Noaru ceased his materialization and gradually he began to fade into the environment. The spirits image was similar to that of painting losing its color and clarity in the passage of time. In seconds he was invisible with the freezing cold warping around him like heat dancing around a fire. Noaru followed Shiyami in complete silence, trusting in the young souls capabilities to the fullest extent.
‘‘’’
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on February 7th, 2014, 5:47 am

Noaru :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Materialization +1 XP
Soulmist Projection +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Shiyami and Kimi: Journey Companion

Loots

Shiyami :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
N/A N/A

Lores
Lore Earned
Noaru: Journey Companion

Loots

Notes :
Good thread, you two! Short, but no less intriguing! I'm eager to see how their journey fares. :D

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)