Closed Surprise! Now, learn me how to ride [Sayren]

A small surprise for Sayren. The only thing is.. Revy doesn't know how to ride a horse.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Surprise! Now, learn me how to ride [Sayren]

Postby Revy Hiroe on December 14th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Iron Fist School
6th day, Nyka.

It wasn't particularly good weather that morning, but still a lone woman, clad in leather clothing, walked along the road back to the Iron Fist school. Behind her followed a young sungold. Revy didn't use any reins, the caretaker at the stables told her she didn't need to. These horses, once bonded with their owners, were loyal horses. She just hoped that Rosalind was the same.

"Hey Rosalind... I'm sorry for putting that saddle on you, but seeing as how I have got absolutely no experience in riding a horse on my own, I don't think it's wise to ride you without it.", she told her. "So stop gnawing on the belt. We all have things we don't like." Rosalind snorted, but at least she stopped biting on her saddle. "Be glad I don't use reigns for you, which would've made it easier for me to ride on you. I'm sure you'd have liked that too, don't you?"

Rosalind was.... snobby. Back when Revy bought her, the horse wasn't happy that she had to wear a saddle. She literally rejected all of the ones they brought, 'till this one. That one she at least wore a little longer then the rest of em. It was like the previous ones weren't good enough or so. Oh well, she should get along with Garrel... hopefully. Say's horse was a nice one. It had at least gotten rid of some of Revy's dislike towards those animals. Enough at least to buy Rosalind.

Once Revy was back at the school with Rosalind, she asked her to wait outside while the woman fetched her lover. It seemed that Sayren was rather... lazy today. She still slept when the teacher entered the room. Should she tickle the girl? Yeah, she was gonna wake her like that. That'd be fun, so... she tickled Sayren hard, trying to wake her up. "Wake up, Say. I've got a surprise for you!"
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on January 23rd, 2014, 5:39 pm

Sayren snored in her bed. It was the first time she had slept in for quite awhile. After her leg was fixed, she barely had time to rest. Catching up with her training, Rose's shifts for money, all the side jobs to help raise more money, it was all physically draining on her. Today, Rose gave her the day off because even a cold and calculating woman like her could see when someone needed a break after work. It did no one any good when a good worker overworks themselves.

For the time being, she was just snoozing in her bed with just a shirt. She didn't even have the strength to fully change into sleepwear before going into bed. Just discarded a few pieces of clothing onto the floor and left them there to sit.

In her exhausted sleep, she was also dreaming. She was sitting before Garel, who for some reason, was human once again. "So wait..." Sayren interrupted, "Let me...get this right. Since you can touch the Web, you can enter my dreams?"

The well muscled man gave a warming smile as he stroked his goatee, "Something like that. I can do this all the time. It's mainly cause of my bond with you that I can come to you in this form."

Sayren tilted her head in confusion, "So then why not before?"

Garel's eyes darted upward as he tried to surmise his own answer, "Well...I guess its because we weren't as close to each other yet. That or I just never bothered trying."

"In other words, the main reason we couldn't have communicated better than just your simple gestures is because you were just too lazy to push more?" Sayren stated simply.

Garel's eyes dropped back down to Sayren. They were now stern with seriousness. "Look, I'm still trying to figure this all out myself. Considering our partnership, I'd say we make quite a leap within the last couple of years. More so than most Drykas do with their striders. And keep this in mind, Striders are drykas too."

"I know but-" Sayren tried to speak up, but Garel rose his hand up to stop her. "Hold on now, I wasn't finished. I don't know how much more time we have, so I'll leave off with-"

"Oh Sayren! Time to wake up!" Revy's voice boomed. Along with a sharp tickling sensation to her sides. Frcing Sayren into a rupture of laughter as she begin to toss from side to side. "Revy! hahaha! STop it! I can't! That tickles!!" She cried out as she squirmed beneath her lover.

Sayren WindDancer
"Determination leads to the second step."

Words: 131634
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 26th, 2014, 9:44 pm

The woman couldn't help but smile as she saw her girl squirm and laugh under her. She was most certainly awake now. Yet Revy didn't let up for at least another few ticks. "You know, I have a surprise for you. I'm sure you'll like it. After all... I bought it with you in mind.", she said. "By the way, bring Garel too. I'd love it if we could ride again."

Right after, the teacher stood up again and walked out of the room. "Once you're done dressing, meet me outside.", was all she said. She snickered once he was out of hearing range. "I'm sure she'll be surprised.", she thought to herself as she left the building, only to see that Rosalind was trying to get the saddle off yet again.

Clacking her tongue, she walked over and said: "Rosalind, stop biting the damn belt. I know you hate it, but......... I need that saddle to learn how to ride on you properly you know." She could feel her eyebrow twitch while she said that. "So.... Either you stop biting that belt or I turn you into meat. Don't think I won't do it. Just bear with it for a while.", she followed up rather angry.
"I hope Sayren didn't see that. Don't wanna know if she'd like it. Meh, even if she did, Rosalind needs a proper scolding. Damn cocky horse.", she thought to herself. She heard Rosalind snort right after and the two just started to glare at each other.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on January 27th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Sayren raised an eyebrow as Revy finished her onslaught of tickling. Her lover had claimed she had a surprise in wait for Sayren. One that she would be happy to see. Now what exactly could that be? Sayren wondered. Another item bought with Sayren in mind? By the Seven, what did the mercenary get her now? And why was Garel's presence relevant in all of this?

Before Sayren could bring up her questions to Revy, the mercenary simply stated that once Sayren finished changing that they meet outside for her to see what this surprise was. And yet again, the mercenary managed to leave before Sayren could part a question for her. Left clueless, Sayren pondered what exactly it could've been. Maybe a bow? So Revy could learn how to shoot from horseback? But why would that ever be useful to Revy? She doesn't have a horse and doesn't have a particular care for the creatures as Sayren did. Which was odd to Sayren, they were always gentle beings in her eyes.

After a few ticks passed by, Sayren finally motivated herself to get to her feet and throw on her black tights. Then slip on her boots and into another shirt. She did a few stretches in excitement, mainly cause whenever Garel was involved, it was always a work out. First with her right arm outstretched then her left following suit as she lifted her chest in a big inhale of breath. Exhaling as her arms recoiled back down to her sides. "Right then, let's see this surprise of hers."

Sayren exited her room and out into the open area of the school to see Revy reprimanding a beautiful young Sungold mare. Sayren's eyes widen as she rushed over to their sides, "Revy! No! Not like that! You're not supposed to speak to her like that." Sayren slowly approached the mare, showing the being that she meant no harm. "Hello there. My name is Sayren." She held her hands up as she kept eye contact with the mare, "I'm not here to hurt you. Just help you." When she got close enough to the mare, she gently removed the saddle from the horse's back. "There we go, I know that probably hurt alot didn't it?" As she spoke to the Sungold, she was tenderly stroking her fingers through the mare's mane.

Sayren now brought her attention back to Revy, "Where did you find her? She's a beautiful little mare. A Sungold from the looks of it. Very rare beauties. Was she just wandering nearby and you caught her?" Thinking back on it, it would've been difficult for a mare in her condition to be just wandering around. She seemed very well groomed, which meant she was being looked after. Nothing about the creature seemed rough or beaten. So she couldn't have been a stray. Which meant... "Did...you buy her Revy?" Her tone of excitement seemed to have dropped just a little. Lowered by concern.

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on January 27th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Wait what!? Sayren was chiding her? Why the petch would she do it, when Rosalind was just clearly being a snob. That horse just didn't want to wear a saddle. The caretakers at the stables had put the saddle on for her, so surely everything was in order. "Sayren, she's just being a friggin' snob.", she tried to defend herself. "Besides, it's just until I learn how to ride on her. I told her that too."

"Did you buy her?"

Revy told her that she bought this with Sayren in mind right? So why did she ask that? "Yes I bought her. Here in Nyka. I'm stalling her there too, because I don't know how to take care of her yet.", she said a little angry. She just didn't like how Sayren just chose the horse's side right of the bat. "I thought that if I had a horse and could ride, we could ride together sometimes."

Rosalind on the other hand, seemed to really like it. She lifted her head proudly, as if to say: "Ha, your female likes me better then you." Of course Revy didn't like that and just got angrier. She could feel her cheek twitch and was slowly opening and tightening her fist. Damn cheeky brat of a horse. You're mine and if you would just listen a little bit more, I'd like you much better.", she thought to herself.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on February 3rd, 2014, 5:19 pm

Revy's response to Sayren's question seemed concerning. She was in an angered tone. Perhaps she was just frustrated with the creature. After all, the mercenary had just confirmed the young drykas' thoughts.

"Of course we could ride together Revy. But, before you can even ride her though. she needs to know she can trust you. After all, you are riding HER. On HER back." Sayren continued to run her fingers through the Sungold's mane. "You see, its not a matter of you being her master. Forcing her to follow your commands, you make suggestions. But over all, its her decision whether or not to follow your suggestions."

She paused for a moment and gave a quick whistle. Within moments, Garel appeared onto the scene. First out of grumped spite, tired since he had just awoken. Till he his eyes caught a sight of that beautiful and astonishing mare right beside that human mate of his partner's. That' when he held himself more, shifting his chest out and trotting more upright. Even giving a flirtful neigh towards the mare as he stopped beside Sayren.

Sayren now placed her hand on Garel's neck and held an apple to his mouth. "Here you go boy." Without a second thought, the stallion munched on the apple from her hand. "This is a simple way to get a respect from them, because then they know that you will reward them for helping you." She reaches into her bag and grasps onto another apple and hands it to Revy. "Here. You give it a try now."

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 4th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Revy wanted to retort to the girl's words, but she couldn't. Well... she was right. However, she wasn't used to treating someone like that. They either listened, or they'd feel the consequences. And those weren't necessarily gonna come from the mercenary. More often then not, people who hadn't listened to her, had wound up dead. That was one of the main reasons she hated it when people didn't listen.

Rosalind noticed the stallion as he came rather grumpy. His idiotic attempt at looking majestic, failed rather miserably. She just wasn't interested. She blatantly ignored his presence and focused her gaze on her owner. She still didn't quite accept the woman, but at least she had eye for beauty. After all, this Sungold was a beauty.

When Garel appeared and tried to get Rosa's attention, Revy couldn't help but gniffle as her horse gave that strider the cold shoulder. But she still had to gain the trust of that... snobby Sungold. "Sure, I'll try. I doubt that that snob will accept it though.", she said as she took the apple. Looking at the horse, she held up the apple. "Come here and you'll get it. Garel liked his, so you should like it too."
She couldn't help but sound a little commanding, despite trying not to. She was used to commanding instead of asking. Rosalind eyed the apple with suspicion. That had to be a trap right? That woman was gonna put that awful looking saddle back on her. "Rosalind, come here and I'll give you the damn apple. I ain't putting the saddle on you 'till you at least accept it, 'kay?", Revy then said. Finally the horse moved closer, nabbing the apple from Revy's outstretched hand before taking a few steps back. Well, at least she accepted the apple.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on February 6th, 2014, 10:44 am

Sayren smiled as she watched the mercenary and the beautiful Sungold bond, "There you go. Now. We just have to make her respect you."

Garel raised an eyebrow. He even nudged Sayren on her shoulder, implementing the question. "Do you really think she'll respect her so easily?"

Sayren smiled at the strider, "Probably not, I had it easy with you."

The strider snorted as he narrowed his eyes. Obviously not wanting to be reminded of the matter.

Sayren then went over to Rosalind with her hand on her chin, "Now...let's see...let's see if she will accept you." Instead of grabbing the addle, she reached for the gear she used for Garel. "Let's try these, it's less painful on your companion and helps the two of you become closer from you leaning on her. The connection encourages the bond."

Garel gave a cheeky snort. Probably saying how he wouldn't mind being so close to the good looking mare.

"Hush you." Sayren said as she returned her focus to Revy and the Sungold. "Now, let me try this." She slowly slips the gear on the Sungold. Watching carefully because there was still a chance the being would reject the device, despite being much more effective for both the creature and the rider.

The stallion then waltzed up beside Rosalind, giving some encouragement. "Trust me, it's actually not that bad. Annoying at first, but it's alot better for you both." His eyes slightly diverted from scanning over her once...or twice...perhaps a few times.

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 6th, 2014, 12:14 pm

Revy was at least a little happy that Rosalind seemed to like the apple. Maybe she wasn't such a bad snob as she thought. Well.... Perhaps she was just being too harsh. But Rosa didn't like the look of that whatever Sayren held in her hands. Personally, she didn't like the looks of it either, but at least her sungold accepted it. Did she want to carry Revy on her back? Well, it would be good if she wanted to.

Rosalind eyed the Drykas girl with a bit of suspicion. That thing was ugly. She really didn't like the looks of it, but if she wanted to get that human to ride her back later, and look even better in the process, maybe she should accept it. However, that stallion had better stay the hell away from her. She really didn't like how he looked, so... she bit at him when he tried to get close, trying to tell him to stay away from her.

When Revy saw how Rosalind snapped at Garel, despite that... thing on her, she couldn't help but laugh even more. Oh that poor guy. He didn't seem to notice at all that Rosalind wasn't interested in him at all. "Hey Garel, quit getting close to Rosalind, if you don't wanna get hurt. She's a snob and apparently she doesn't like the way you look." Well, if he was gonna be a bonehead and keep trying, at least she wasn't responsible.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on February 7th, 2014, 8:01 pm

Garel grinned as the mare nipped at him. Feisty. Least she won't be boring. For now, he kept his distance, but that's only cause with a few moments of thought to himself. He managed to create a Web. Now, he was going to know where she was, what state she was in and so much more. He chuckled on the inside. Oh webbing, what a strange tool you are.

Meanwhile, Sayren had been focused on the contact between Revy and Rosalind. "I wouldn't be too worried about Garel. He's a big boy. Probably just has a crush on this beautiful Sungold, after all, she's the first female he's seen since Endrykas. He was always a suitable stallion over there."

Sayren now patted her hands on the Sungold's cheek, "Good girl. See? She isn't so bad, sure she can be a little mean, but she's loveable and trustworthy. You'll see it in the time to come." Sayren quickly strapped the Yvas onto Rosalind. It was a simple insert. Nothing to strenuous. "Now, if you ever want to get it off yourself Rosalind, you trust reach around and pull with your teeth. I only tell you in case it gets snagged onto anything or something. Alright? Now, are you ready for Revy to ride? If not, then she's gonna have to walk around with you. Its your choice."

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next