Closed Surprise! Now, learn me how to ride [Sayren]

A small surprise for Sayren. The only thing is.. Revy doesn't know how to ride a horse.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Surprise! Now, learn me how to ride [Sayren]

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 10th, 2014, 12:33 pm

Garel a suitable stallion? Sure, whatever Say said. It didn't matter what he was in Endrykas. He wasn't there, but here. Rosalind didn't like him and that's the only thing she cared about. "Don't care what he was in Endrykas. Rosa doesn't like him, so he shouldn't keep trying.", she said rather brusk. Garel might be a nice horse and everything, but she was just not glad about him trying to get close to Rosalind.

Rosa payed attention to what Sayren said. So she could remove that thing if she wanted to? That'd be nice to toy with. But she could decide if that human could sit on her back? Well... her human was good looking at least. She could've worn her metal skin to look better, but at least she wasn't an eyesore... like that stallion. But thinking about having her human walk besides her... nah, that didn't look good. No, it was better with her on her back.

Revy came a bit closer and lay her hand on the back of the sungold. "Hey Rosalind, if you don't mind I'd like to ride on your back. So please don't throw me off. I ain't used to riding on a horse, let alone without a saddle.", she said. And luckily, well maybe unlucky, for Revy was that Rosa didn't seem to struggle. With a bit of Sayren's help, Revy could climb on the horse's back, grabbing the handles of the Ivas in the process.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on February 10th, 2014, 4:04 pm

After some words of encouragement, Rosalind allowed Revy onto her back. With some lifting help from Sayren, of course. Once Revy was finally on the Sungold's back, Sayren patted down Rosalind's sides, "There you go, good girl. Now, the rest is pretty simple, just let Rosalind dictate where you are going. If you want her to go where you want her to go, you must suggest it to her. Watch."

With that, she went over to Garel and quickly mounted him. Patting his cheek gently, "Ready to show them how its done?" Garel gave a cheeky smile and nodded. They trotted over towards Revy's side while Sayren spoke more, "Now, just do as I do, nothing complicated, its very simple. Garel. Will you take me to the School's entrance?" The strider nodded and began to trot over towards the door.

"See? And all you got to do is just balance yourself as they move. Its pretty simple." Now it was time to watch Revy to see how her and Rosalind do.

Sayren WindDancer
"Determination leads to the second step."

Words: 131634
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 4th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Sitting on top of Rosalind like this, without a saddle, was a little uncomfortable but she just had to get used to it. It seemed that the horse was a little prideful about it as well, because she held her head high as if saying that there was no one looking better then her right now. If only she didn't have that... thing on her neck. Then it'd be all good.
Revy felt a bit more secure as well, because she hadn't been thrown off.... yet. Rosa didn't listen to her at all, so she thought the horse disliked the human. But sitting on her like this, she thought that maybe she wasn't as hated as she thought at first.

Sayren showed both Revy and Rosalind how they should ride. Well... it seemed easy enough. All Revy had to do was ask her sungold to walk to the entrance of the school. Rosa on the other hand had other ideas. "Rosa, could you walk over to the school's entr....", she started. But just then Rosalind pulled of the Ivas. Oh crap.... how was the woman gonna keep her balance now? She didn't have any experience with riding a horse, so.... she just put her hands as far apart as she could on Rosa's shoulders.

The horse looked back for no more then a tick and then started to walk. At first it was towards the school's entrance, but seeing that... stallion there, she decided to turn left and keep walking. She'd show them how good she was at keeping Revy on her back. So she started to increase her pace to trotting.
Revy had trouble keeping herself seated like this. She tried to move with the horse as much as she could, because that'd be the best way to stay seated. Just like with a boat. But when Rosa started to gallop, she lost her balance right away and fell straight on her back on the ground.

Oh god that hurt. Rosalind had immediately noticed it and walked back, nudging the woman to climb on her back again. Maybe the horse had overestimated the skill of her rider... and herself in keeping her rider on her back. It was shameful to have your rider fall off and it was her fault. Because Revy hadn't asked her to trot, nor to gallop.
The mercenary lay on her side when her horse returned, her hands placed on her back. She was breathing heavily because the impact had knocked the air out of her lungs and she had just started to breathe again.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on May 15th, 2014, 1:16 am

Sayren smiled. Seemed like the two were getting along quite nicely. Rosalind even took initiative and started forward before Revy could finish. Then it was shown why. The Mare decided to untie the Yvas. See if Revy could probably handle her with it or maybe just wanted to start some trouble. Either way, it sent Revy toppling over when the mare went into a trot.

Sayren went over to Revy's side only to see that Rosalind was also close by. "Revy? You ok? Was quite a fall you took there." She glanced over at the mare. Seems the majestic creature already began to regret her decision. Any normal trainer would punish. This occasion wouldn't have been different, if Sayren had been a bit older. But to Sayren, her and Rosalind may have been about the same in maturity, and punishment only normally came from your elders in disrespect.

"Seems like Rosalind has already learned her lesson. Wanna give it another try?"

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Revy Hiroe on May 16th, 2014, 12:18 pm

At least Rosalind seemed to regret doing it, but that didn't mean that Revy was gonna just brush it off. "Rosa, why'd you.. ? Ugh, damn it. Watch it ok? I told you I'm completely new to riding a horse.", she said angered. Though she wasn't pissed off. Rosa did seem to be sorry, so the mercenary sighed. "Just... don't do that again, ok? I'm not angry, just a little hurt. Falling off like that hurts, you know?"

She then looked at Sayren as she stood up and replied: "It's ok. It only hurts, that's all. And no need to ask if I'm gonna try again, coz I will. I want to get better at riding her." She gave Say a quick hug, to show her that that fall was no problem at all. But now she had to get onto her horse without the Ivas...... yeah, how was she going to pull that off? Oh right, she could use a fallen tree or a rock, or at least something that allowed her to swing her leg over Rosa's back.

Rosa had already seen something like that. It was as if she knew that Revy was looking for. She gave her rider a small nudge in the back, trying to point her in the right direction. It was a small mount, probably not high enough if Revy didn't use any effort. Luckily for Rosalind, Revy noticed it too. After having gone over there, Revy started to try to get back onto the sungold. A couple times she just slid back off, before she could get her leg over. But in the end, she managed to hoist herself onto the horse.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayren WindDancer on June 3rd, 2014, 10:34 am

Sayren giggled as Revy got back onto her feet, "Well of course it hurt, weren't expecting it to be perfect on the first time were you?" She welcomed the hug from Revy and was delighted to see that the mercenary wasn't discouraged. The mercenary was determined to be a better rider.

"That's the spirit Revy. So long as you keep getting back onto her, you will always become better as her rider." From the distance, Sayren watched, trying not to giggle as Revy attempted to hoist herself back ontop of the beautiful mare.

Finally though, the mercenary forced her way back up onto the mare's back. "Now Revy, lean with her. She moves right, you lean right, she moves left, you lean left. Don't move against her, it will only hinder you."

If the mercenary got the hang of it, Sayren will grin. Because now it was time for the initiation of the rider. One that all drykas had to endure when being chosen by their strider. Now, she understood Revy wasn't wanting to be a drykas, and that the Sungold was not a strider, but the process certainly made the rider understand their steed alot more so afterwards.

When Revy completed a few laps with Rosalind, that's when Sayren will jump out towards the center, dropping low and slamming her fists to the ground rampantly as she spoke in pavi, "Rowdy up! Free your spirit! Let loose!" All the while keeping a good distance from the Sungold. Then standing to her toes as she danced around. Inspiring Garel to neigh loudly as he stomped onto the ground rhythmically like a beating drum.

However, if Revy didn't get the hang of it within a few laps. Sayren will just have to help Revy back up onto the mare and encourage the mercenary once more to try again. Because giving up was not an option.

Sayren WindDancer

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Matthew on February 5th, 2015, 10:39 pm

Revy

Experience Points:

• +2 Animal Husbandry
  • +2 Riding (Horse)
  • +1 Socialization

Lores:

• Animal Husbandry: Horse Diplomacy
  • Basics of Horseback Riding

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Previous