Flashback [Tarsin's Boarding House]The Spider in the Attic(Ayora Orin)

Marrick meets "The Spider Lady"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Tarsin's Boarding House]The Spider in the Attic(Ayora Orin)

Postby Marrick Corvis on December 15th, 2013, 3:16 am

Summer 17th 513 av

The Little Raven Kelvic flew over the rooftops of Ravok with the occasional bank in his flight path to compensate for the wind. He made little adjustments with his feathers to increase or decrease his drag. He would beat the air with his wings to maintain altitude when needed.

Marrick had been delivering messages for his master all day and he was beginning to wonder if he might ever get fed or have time to rest. He hadn’t eaten in 2 days and he felt as though his little bird stomach might turn in on itself. Every opportunity to eat had been thwarted by the homeless. Or the well timed intervention of cooks or other folks who wanted to keep him from getting into their food stuffs.

Tired and hungry he alighted on one of the many decorative spikes that adorned the crown of Tarsin’s Boarding house. He had been preening a few of his wing feathers habitually, when he heard the sound of someone humming tonally. The sound was hypnotic, yet somehow not entirely unpleasant. His curiosity getting the better of him he hopped off the spike and glided to the window sill of the room he heard the sound coming from and peered inside.

Within he found an odd site. A rather petite and scrawny woman was humming over a small book she was writing in. Her skin seemed ashen, and Marrick could see from the occasional shift in directionality of her eyes that they were almost a molten gold color. When she lifted her hand to dip her quill into her inkpot he could see that her nails were rather long, much like talons. Her hair was black as pitch, not unlike Marricks feathers. Her humming was melodic and tantalizing to the Kelvic. So much so that he dared come closer.

He hopped off of his perch on the window sill and glided as quietly as he could manage. Yet, he still misjudged the orientation of the chair rim he had intended to land upon. With a loud flapping and the scratching sound of little talons on wood he alighted on the chair opposite the odd woman. Yet his curiosity still enticed him. He sat there, trying to better understand this odd appearing woman before him.
Marrick Corvis
Rest under my Wing

Words: 268368
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2013, 12:29 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ayara Orin - Migrated on December 20th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Summer 17th 513 AV

I do not believe I will be staying here in Ravok much longer. I must arrange for passage to Novallas soon. Hopefully from there I can board a ship along the coast and not have to walk all the way to Lhavit, as enticing as it is to have a chance to see Kalinor again. Ravok is lovely, and I have had to practice great restraint not to purchase a Kelvic of my own. Alas, a lone krova attracts less attention on the road than one with a partner. Some azo might get it into their heads to be liberators-

Startled by a sudden flapping, Ayara's hand jerked on the page, punctuating her thoughts with ugly scrape and wasted ink. She looked up, ready to defend herself, to find a raven on her writing desk. "Oh," she said, relaxing. She was careful to keep to Common as much as she could. Even in Ravok, the sound of Symenos could set people on edge. "Brave bird, hmm?"
THIS ACCOUNT IS NOW THIS ACCOUNT
Ayara Orin - Migrated
OLD ACCOUNT

Words: 12665
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2013, 7:03 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Marrick Corvis on December 23rd, 2013, 1:53 am

Marrick’s curiosty was tugging at him like the leash of a naughty dog as he edged closer to the strange woman. She told him he was brave which made him naively fluff up his feathers with pride. As he watched her movements he eyed her closely cocking his head from side to side to better see her. With a flip of his wing he hopped sideways causing the shackle on his leg to catch the light for just a moment.

He croaked softly as he spread his wings. With a little flap, one of his primary feathers fell away in a molt. Inside his own little head Marrick was displeased to see yet another feather fall away from his wings. The little Raven hated his four seasons molt. He preened nervously before he looked once more upon the object of his curiosity.

He wanted to communicate, if only to punctuate his loneliness with something. He tried to remember what the woman had said. ‘brave bird, hmm?’ Marrick considered the noises she had made with her mouth and throat. Words would not come, but he might be able to manage the guttural sound she made.

Softly he croaked. Trying to imitate the ‘hmm’ noise the woman had made. It came out as a sort of gurgling “mmm” noise. But the little Kelvic was proud of himself. Silently with baited breath, he watched the woman to see her reaction.
Marrick Corvis
Rest under my Wing

Words: 268368
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2013, 12:29 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Abstract on March 24th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Grade Awarded!

Marrick

Skills

~ Observation - 1
~ Impersonation - 1

Lores

~ Birds Can't Hum

Other

N/A

Notes

Nothing to say.