Flashback Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Kreig's guantlets need a fixing.... so does Osd

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Kreig Messer on December 22nd, 2013, 4:08 pm

72nd spring, 505 AV 13th Bell 9th chime

Kreig scratched the back of his head as he held his gauntlets to each other by a string. He needed to patch these old things up ' Well, have them dented out....don't think they can sew a patch to metal Kreig thought as he took a few uppity steps towards the Knight's armory. He didn't go there often really, he only went there to fix up his gauntlets whenever he felt they need be.

The streets were as crowdy as usual around these parts, even in a city of the wicked there was still some honest work to be done. He had to make sure to avoid any Dragoons as their base lay very near to the Knight's Armory, it wasn't that he was afraid from them....cautious, but not afraid. As much as the brawler was keen into entering battle, he wasn't a fool despite what others might think of him.

To get in trouble with any of Sunberth's major gangs was like having the masses on yer hind, except the masses tended to be straightforward. To involve himself with the gangs means to be trapped in a circle of constant survival, to make an enemy of one gang would be to force himself to find sanctuary with another or to attempt escape from Sunberth....and Kreig couldn't quite choose the latter option.

As he approached the Knight's Armory, he could hear the sound of hammers upon steel even from the outside of the building. Gently he pushed the door open and with a cheerful smile said "Hello! Here to fix up my gauntlets again!"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Osd on December 22nd, 2013, 4:28 pm

The bar brawl had been two day's ago and he was still sore as petch from the beating he had gotten. Still, his teacher didn't believe in off day's. Especially when your pain was caused by your own idiocy so here he was. Beating red hot metal into shape despite his muscles and ribs screaming for him to stop and lie down. At least the pounding in his head had stopped already. He ignored the way to cheerful person who entered the forge. At least until his teacher kicked him in the shin. “Go and see to the customer. I'm bussy. Don't chase him away or I'll have your hide.”

“Fine boss.” He groused. He finished up the object he had been working on with a few quick blows then cooled it of in the water and set it in it's place. He wiped his hands on a rag and wen to the front. His face fell immediatly when he recognized the petcher who kicked his arse two day's ago.
“Oh petch no! Not you again!” He spat out as he walked to the counter.

“Osd! No chasing away customers!”

Osd twitched, but forced a smile on his face. One that was obviously fake. “What can I help with you today.” He ground out. Looking the man in the eye. Or at least trying to, he was a good ten inches smaller then him. So he wasn't really that intimidating. “You wanted someting repaired?”
Osd
Slave blacksmith

Words: 70151
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Character sheet

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Kreig Messer on December 25th, 2013, 4:35 am

Kreig looked at the familiar face in front of him, the lad that Kreig was sure he saw somewhere before not long ago. The problem was.....Kreig forgot who the lad was and why he found him so familiar as he placed his gauntlets on the counter 'Oh dear...he knows me and I don't know him. I must have done something wrong for him to be angry at me' Kreig thought nervously as he looked at the young man before him.

"Um....heeeeey you, how are ya doing?" Kreig said rather nervously as he let out the most fake chuckle ever. He didn't know quite what to do in this situation " Er...yeah, I just need my guantlets fixed up. Hope you can oblige....and my why do you look so beat up? Somebody rough you up?" He asked rather stupidly, fully unaware that he himself was the reason for the lad looking like Shyke at the moment.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Osd on December 26th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Osd dropped the fake smile when petcher began talking. Starting to fume when he didn't even got the decency to remember the fact he was the one who beat the shyke out of him. Did he get a few to many hits on the head? He had been roaring drunk and he still managed to remember him?
“Don't you, hey me you, shyking asshole.” He ground out. Ignoring the annoyed reprimand from his master back at the forge. “you were the piece of shyke that roughed me up. Two day's ago? Were you dropped on your head when you were a kid? Or were you just born stupid?” he fumed.

“Osd! Stop whining that you got your arse kicked and start working petch it!”

osd cringed at his masters shout. “Fine fine.” He groused as he grabbed kreig's gauntlets and looked them over. Not without giving the owner of it a foul look though. He didn't know shyke about armorsmithing, but he knew his blacksmithing. that and It didn't take a skilled armorsmith to see the dents in the part that would protect the man's forearm.

“The petch did you do with them? Stopped a boulder?” The young blacksmith was looking for any kind of insult he could throw at the petcher without annoying his master. “I can fix the forearm part of the gauntlet. I can't do shyke about the small dents in the finger bits though. My master can but he's busy. He ain't going to make time for some piece of shyke like you unless you paid a premium. So either you wait a few dozen day's for him to get time or You'll just have to be satisfied with me working out the dents in your forearm bit of it.”
Osd
Slave blacksmith

Character sheet

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Kreig Messer on December 29th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Kreig gave a nervous smile, obviously the lad took offense to the brawler forgetting his appearance and the fact that it was he who made the vagik look like one in the first place. He felt it wise not to mention, at least not yet, that he gets into so many fights that remembering everyone he fights (especially those who offered to little to no challenge) often proved to be quite difficult. He silently snickered as the lad's master berated him as his ears seemed to be able to pick up the words while he worked on whatever weapon or ore in the back of his forge.

“The petch did you do with them? Stopped a boulder?” Kreig cringed at his comment, to a certain extent he was far off.... he did stop a lot of things...many time.....repeatedly, but they were definitely not boulders. Sadly it seemed that he wouldn't get a full fixing of his gauntlets as he sighed... still, it was best to get whatever he can now then receive a better fixing a few days later ' They lasted this long'

"Ah, sure lad... better than nothing yeah" He said to the lad as he pulled out a gold miza, more than enough to fix up the bloody dents in the, placing it gently on the counter "And sorry about beating you up..... but whatever happened you lost, simple as that lad....better than losing yer life, yeah?"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Osd on January 1st, 2014, 11:36 pm

He took the gauntlets to the anvil as soon as kreig gave the okay that he was allowed to fix them up. He looked them over, leather inner glove, metal plates covering the back of the hand and the fingers. While a large part of metal would wrap around the forearm to protect them. That was the one with the largest dents and scratches on them as well.

He rolled his eyes when the man spoke about him losing his life. “I'm not going to die in a bar brawl. What do you think I am? Some lilly livered knight from syliras? I'm born and bred here,a small brawl won't kill me.” He scoffed at the very idea. “Just me pride that you hurt shyker. Why don't you just keep watching your back, next time I'll be the one kicking your arse to the curb.” The young blacksmith challenged before turning back to his work.

He wouldn't be able to heat it up with the leather still attached. So cold forging it would have to be. Oh well, lets just hope the dents weren't that stubborn. He took a heavy hammer of the rack and slid the gauntlet over the horn of the anvil. Pressing the metal hard against the horn of the anvil and beginning to slowly hammer out the dents. It was hard work and more then once he had to fix a mistake as he accidentally added another dent to the work or bent the gauntlet out of shape. But he slowly managed. It wasn't a hard task, just a timeconsuming one for a novice blacksmith. When he finished with the first gauntlet after a dozen chimes of backbreaking work he laid it down next to him. Before he started on the second one though he gave the older man a look.

“So what's your name anyway? I can't keep calling you vagik. To many around that respond to that.”

“Including yourself.” His master suddenly spoke up. “When was the last time you even took a bath?”

“Oh sodd off!” He yelled back. “It rained the other day!” He grumbled. “My name's Osd, this time try not to forget it. Or my face.” He went back to work on het other gauntlet.
Osd
Slave blacksmith

Character sheet

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Kreig Messer on January 4th, 2014, 3:54 pm

Kreig sighed internally, the lad was testing his patience... still Kreig forgot the lad's face, he supposed he had the right to be rude ' To an extent' The lads name was Osd then, a name he would store in the back of his mind. He looked like a healthy sort, at least as healthy can one get in Sunberth. He was short too, which in its own way may explain his temper. His hair was similar to Kreig's own in color, so were his eyes, startling so. But neither seemed to pay attention much to that fact.

"Ay, I wouldn't to be called Vagik unless you want to invite my fist your eyes....Name's Kreig laddy, I doubt youd forget it" Kreig said with a wolfish grin as he rested his head on the palm of his hand as he leaned his arm against the counter. The lad, though a novice, did seem to know his stuff as he served under his master, dedicatingly fixing up Kreig's gauntlets despite the fact Kreig was the one who caused him bruises.

"So how long have you been an apprentice here lad? One would think it would build up your arms and give you proper punching power.." Kreig remarked as he watched the lad worked "...And I don't mean to be rude, but you really need to know how to throw a punch"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Osd on January 5th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Osd gave the man a toothy smile. “I'm standing next to a rack of heavy tools, so why don't you try it kreig.” sunberthian bluster and attitude aside, it was rather obvious it was just a bluff. Seeing as he didn't call him a vagik again. “I probably wouldn't, I have a decent memory, unlike some people around here.”

“Really? I do remember you stumbeling into the shop one morning barely knowing who I was or believe that you crawled into my bed, with me already in it.” His master spoke up, obviously taking pleasure in embarrasing his apprentice in front of a client.

Osd's face became redder then the hot coals of the forge in just a few moments. “Stop lying damn it!” he handed the one finished gauntlet back to his owner. “See if that one still fits or if I need to adjust it a bit. It looks as if it should be fine. But you never know.” He tried to change the subject away from the embarrasing one and fix himself.

“I've been an apprentice here for dunno, eight years.” Osd answered the question, ignoring the slight he got, he looked towards his master for confirmation. He gave a nod in response. “Yeah, eight years, been running around the forge since I was just a little brat. ” He gave the battered gauntlet a look over. Scoffing a bit. “throwing a punch, how much harder then putting your fist into their face can it be. Pretty straightforward.” he told kreig before turning back to his work. Slowly banging out the dents.
Osd
Slave blacksmith

Character sheet

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Kreig Messer on January 8th, 2014, 5:40 pm

"Must be pretty interesting to work around a forge all day, seeing all the different weapons and the materials they're made from" Kreig mused aloud as he tried the gauntlet back on, his master seemed like a caring individual to say the least. His joking words held no malice for the young man as far as Kreig could tell, so perhaps he devoloped a paternal bond with the young man under his care. He flexed his hand and moved it about "Feels alright..." He mumbled. It was shoddy looking, but not bad if he had to be honest.

He looked at Osd's back, his brow raised and an amused grin crept up on his face "Lots of things are in a punch lad, if you've been in as much fights as I have you'd know how much just from a tenth of those" Then again Kreig didn't know how many fights he'd been in exactly. He lost count after the tenth...which age is anyone's guess "A good punch isn't just throwing it, its how you throw it, when you throw and where you throw it lad. Like that hammer of yours, you want to swing to the spots that look the worst... the spots that need fixing, but when fighting... you want to hit the spot that causes most harm" Kreig blabbered fondly as he rested his chin on the palm of his hand, the elbow leaning on the top of the counter.

"Hit 'em in the eye and you have him half blind, hit 'em in the chin and you daze him like a puppet with a string cut. Kick 'em in the balls...heh, I don't need to tell you what that does. So many targets are there, you just have to look for 'em. You grab by the hair and slam their heads to the face, twisting their bloody arms. Petch, throw sand or even choke them with their own scarves... so many options, so many ways.. you just have to know how and when"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Osd on January 9th, 2014, 10:46 pm

“Sure is, hard work though.” Osd agreed as he turned over the gauntlet he was working on, trying to find more dents he could hammer out. Which he found aplenty. “Though we work mostly with iron and steel here, other alloy's and metals are kinda rare, most get bought up by more influential smith's as well. Not much use we got for copper and such. Most stuff we make needs to be sturdy, cheap and rust resistant, steel is pretty good for that. Iron for the ones who can't pay up the price for steel goods.” He scoffed a bit. “Never got why they bought inferior goods instead of saving up the money though. In the end it'll wear out faster and they'll have to buy a replacement. Spending more money in the long run.” The young blacksmith said as he began working out a big dent in the glove. Probably caused by some kind of club. While he didn't get why the other sunberthers didn't think that way, he did find it very good they did. The more they spent the more their forge earned and the better their life was. If somebody lost something somebody else gained it. Nowhere else was that law of life so obvious as in sunberth.

Osd cringed as the older man man began listing ways where to throw a punch. 'More vicious then a rabid bloodhound.' He really began rethinking if he should keep trying to go at this guy. Or he might end up with more then just sore muscles , a pounding headache and a bruised pride. Almost as soon the thought entered his head he threw it away. He was going to get back at him one way or another, he just needed to find an opportunity and a way to get back.

“I guess you should know what you're talking about. Judging from the dents on these things you get into a fight pretty often. 'not to mention the pounding headache I had for an entire day after you were done with me.' he mentally added, he wasn't going to say that to kreig's face. He didn't want to give him the satisfaction. ”You didn't say how to throw a punch though, just where to throw it and how to fight dirty. Both things are pretty easy to figure out.” He turned the gauntlet once more, there were still some scratches in the metal and some slight dents. But he didn't think they would really compromise the function of the gauntlet.

“So how do you throw a punch, why don't you explain that to me?”
Osd
Slave blacksmith

Character sheet

Next