Flashback Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Kreig's guantlets need a fixing.... so does Osd

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Kreig Messer on January 10th, 2014, 10:44 am

"Ah... now that quite depends, what type of punch lad? As there ways to hit a hot piece of iron, there are different ways of Punching" Kreig said fondly as he tried to recollect certain memories "Boxers are masters of that, you know? Their fists are their only physical weapons, so they're the ones to ask about that...I just go with what just feels right" Kreig answered as he shrugged his shoulders.

"The basic of a punch, after all, is just pulling back and then launching it forward...or just launching it forward. The key is.....how much strength are you putting in it, whats your current physical position and can you throw it fast? Throwing a punch is easy lad, like you said.... but mastering it, that's where it truly bites your arse" He turned and looked at all the weapons on display, leaning his back against the counter " You think everyone's afraid of the Dragoon's because they have the best gear? Sure it gives them an advantage over the rest of those lugs on the streets, but because they actually take the time to learn how to use their weapons, they become even more dangerous. Same with a hammer and same with the fist, knowing how surely makes a difference" Kreig chuckled as he suddenly turned and slammed a fist on the table, a feral glint in his eyes.

"And now me blood is all riled up, is that gauntlet ready yet lad? I'm afraid I need to go hunting for sparring partners?"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Osd on January 10th, 2014, 6:56 pm

“There are types?” Was the youth's only answer to kreig's question and rant. He couldn't contest the point of why everybody was scared shitless by the dragoons. He heard a fallen knight of all things was training them. Which did explain their almost invincibility.

“No wonder you get your ass kicked on a regular basis.” his mentor told him with a shake of his head. Putting away his work as soon as kreig asked if the gauntlet was ready and walked over towards osd's station, taking the gauntlet of his hands and giving it a critical lookover. The man winced at his handiwork.

“This is painful to look at.” He simply stated after just a few moments of observation. “You dented the metal inward on these places, knocked one of the hinges of the finger… wait, nevermind that was done by a blade, you did miss a few large dents as well.” The blacksmith let out an annoyed sigh. “remind me to teach you how to fix up armor soon. Otherwise You'll drag the good name of our shop through the mud.”

Osd gave his master an annoyed glare. “Oh come on, it ain't that bad! Besides who cares if a few dent's aren't...” Osd couldn't even finish that sentence before his teacher boxed his hears with the metal gauntlet.

“Don't let me catch you talking like that again. Even if you're doing work for an unwashed retard.” It was hard to say if he was talking about osd, kreig or just giving a general example there. “I want you to create work that works properly and without flaws. Anything else is just an insult to izurdin, the metal and your own skill. Not to mention it makes you a bloody lazy bastard.”

Osd just grumbled an accord and quite a few curse words under his breath, while nursing the top of his head. The blacksmith just ignored them.
“So here's the deal. I'll fix up the mess he,” he pointed towards osd. “made of your gauntlets and in exchange you teach him how to fight like a man instead of a whiny brat. Probably'll take a while though, you got a shitty guy to start with position.”

By now osd was twitching in annoyance and seriously considering dropping a heavy hammer on his teachers boots to get him back. But he knew that if he did that he would be cleaning out the forge till he was able to open up a bussines of his own, so he refrained from doing that. That and the idea of being taught to fight did seem like a nice break from the hard work.

“So, good enough of a proposition?” The teacher held out his hand. Hoping to get the iron gauntlet back.
Osd
Slave blacksmith

Words: 70151
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Character sheet

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Kreig Messer on January 10th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Kreig liked this man, immensely so, he enjoyed seeing the lad squirm from the criticism. Lazy it was, but Kreig would live the gauntlets till there was a time where the man wasn't busy.... but then again he liked the idea of not having to pay. He thought about it a bit, Kreig had absolutely no experiance in teaching others ' wouldn't hurt to try' Kreig thought as he took of the guantlet and placed it on the table. He didn't quite know how to teach the lad, the way he learned was by fighting after all... he just did the deed and his own instinct for fighting just developed from there.

"Hmmm.... can't disagree with you sir, might be even harder. Can't say I teach well, in fact I'm certain I teach like shyke " Kreig said, he looked Osd over again. The boy's body was sore, even if he was capable of doing his work "Fine, I suppose we can give this a shot... though if you want it to be more than a onetime thing, I expect my gauntlets get free fixing frequently dear sir. Like I said, I get into many fights... a simple deal, hardly even a scratch to your expense" Kreig said to the gent, then looked back at the lad "And I can't be held responsible if this lad suddenly runs off... time doesn't come back after all, if he wastes it I'm afraid I'll literally have to smack some sense into him, literally speaking".

He scratched the back of his head, still staring Osd down " Those are my terms, simple enough... the lad will have to a say in at as well, I want a willing man. Not some whiny brat who does things just because he was told to"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Osd on January 10th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Osd squirmed under the criticisms, still he didn't make the mistake of looking him straight in the eyes while he was berating him for shoddy work, he could make you feel like you sold a child into slavery or kicked a puppy with that stare of his. Went down straight down to your soul. To many times he had got him with that.

When kreig began badmouthing him as well though, he began to twitch, resting the urge to just take a hammer and make sure that asshole couldn't sire anymore vagik children. Doing the rest of the world a huge favor. He grit his teeth and gave kreig the most withering glare he could muster.

The blacksmith thought about the additions he gave him. “Sure, sounds fair enough. As long as you're teaching him I'll fix up your gauntlets for free.” He accepted the deal.

“Me? run!” Osd suddenly butted in. “I don't run you piece of shyke!” He put his tools back on the rack and took off his apron stepping in front of the older and taller man, staring back at him without fear. “So I'll take this deal and make you regret that you ever took it when you end up more bruised then a second hand whore!”

His teacher let out a sigh as the large mouth of his apprentice made it's return. “And here I thought I had him cowed for a while. Oh well.” the man shrugged, before giving kreig a stern look, his more . “I expect that you don't break anything off that he might need in the future. Or permanently damage him in any important way.” He obviously didn't care to mucha bout broken bones or scarring. What healthy sunbertian did? “If you break our agreement in any way. Or kill Osd. I'll make sure too fill your scrotum with molted lead do you copy?” After he got the confirmation that he would make sure not to damage osd beyond what he could heal from the man nodded.

“Then what are we waiting for, lets get this started.” the young boy walked over towards the door. “So where do you wanna get your arse kicked.” The bluster was back, though everybody in the room knew who would get his arse kicked by who.
Osd
Slave blacksmith

Words: 70151
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Character sheet

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Kreig Messer on January 14th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Kreig liked the bastard, he was protective over his charge like a parent "I'll see that nothing important gets broken, though you do ask something difficult.... if we are to train then injuries are likely, accidents do happen after all. No I way can give you my full promise" He told him as he crossed his arms. He popped his neck and looked at Osd as he walked towards the door "But yes, I will make sure he's not permanently damage or useless around the forge" He walked to the lad and ruffled his head, giving him a gentle smile.

"Oh, we're going to warehouse lad by the docks lad, place is hardly used so it would be perfect to see if it's possible to make you fight like a man" Kreig told him as he walked past and motioned for Osd to follow. It was going to be an interesting expriance to try and teach this runt to fight, that was a certainty. He just hoped he could teach him right and proper, course there was always the old fashioned.

"Hold back, fight him and hope to Dira that he has the sense to figure out what to do" He mumbled very quietly, Osd's master better pray to one of the gods....its quite possible that his apprentice might just come back bruised and broken.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Hmmm....an Osd thing....

Postby Una Tanta on March 3rd, 2014, 12:26 am

Osd :
Experience

Socialization +3
Observation +1
Intimidation +2
Metal Smithing +1
Rhetoric +1
Economics +1

Lore:

Kreig Can Beat Osd Up
Fixing Dents in Gauntlet Forearms
Punching: How, when, where matters
Punching: Aim is essential
Boxers: Masters of Punching
Metal Smithing: Reputation is Built on Perfection
Intimidation is as Important as Ability
Metal Smithing: Wares need to be Sturdy, Cheap, and Rust Resistant
Iron: Cheap Mans Steel
Sunberth: Iron and Steal are Common
Sunberth: Alloy and Copper are Rare

Kreig :
    Experience
    Teaching +2
    Negotiation +2
    Socialization +3

Lores:

Intimidation is as Important as Ability
    Metal Smithing: Wares need to be Sturdy, Cheap, and Rust Resistant
    Iron: Cheap Mans Steel
    Sunberth: Iron and Steal are Common
    Sunberth: Alloy and Copper are Rare
    Kreig can Beat Osd up
    Osd: 8 year Apprentice
    Osd: Good Memory
    Osd: Believes Syliran Knights are Weak and Cowardly

Other
    -1 GM: Fixing Gauntlets

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions ^-^ and please don't forget to edit your grading request to "graded".
      Una Tanta
      Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
      Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
      Race: Charoda
      Character sheet
      Scrapbook
      Plotnotes
      Medals: 1
      Featured Contributor (1)

Previous