Flashback: New Eyes - Una Tanta

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Enori on December 27th, 2013, 8:56 pm

5, Summer, 505

Enori stared at Thunder Bay in wonder. She loved the sound of the sky and ocean. She was proud to be Inarta, it meant that she could be anything, do anything, MAKE anything. She wanted to be sure that she chose her profession well. She knew that something even as little as becoming a glassmaker would be honorable. The beach along the bay had very good sand to make glass out of. She always enjoyed when her mother managed to bring her out here, the salty air was refreshing after the smell of sulfur, and soot from the volcano they lived in. Her coat was wrapped around her carefully, and her bryda protected her legs from the cold air. She loved the fact that they lived so close to the sky, and loved it when she saw the Endar went into the sky, the eagles were so beautiful. Her pride in being an Inarta was evident in her bearing. She was very outspoken, and would say pretty much everything that was on her mind.

She stared at the bay, and smiled, her childlike wonder at something so huge showing through. She was turning eight in two seasons, and knew that meant that she would be taken away from her mother soon enough, so she treasured these moments alone with her. She shared the world with a bunch of races, but rarely saw any of them. Usually just traveling traders that were brave enough, or stupid enough, to travel to Wind Reach. She hoped to see more today, but they all seemed to be indoors today. She still kept up the hope that someone would show up, and talk to her.

This is so cool. The Sky is perfect, the water is beautiful, and the wind smells really nice! Oh, bless this day! were her thoughts. She felt the sand beneath her toes, and smiled. She knew today would be nice. She felt it when she woke up. The Gods made this day just for her to enjoy, and maybe make a new friend. She loved it. She watched her mother as she did something that she had been working on for a few days. She had taken a lot of wire, and had been weaving it in and out of itself for a few days now, making a rough chain that would maybe have something on it.
Enori
Player

Words: 3144
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Una Tanta on December 28th, 2013, 1:54 am

Una paddled through the water holding onto her mothers ankles as they slide easily through the waves. Her parents fingers were entangled as they swam, exchanging smiles as they gazed back at their daughter. Throwing themselves into the air the two of them twisted in the air before splashing back into the water, flicking their feet upward. Una screamed with joy as she was tossed through the air somersaulting through the air and landing awkwardly ahead of her parents.

They weren't always a giddy little family but they always were on day trips to Thunder Bay. A small town set off from Wind Reach, it was always bustling with activity on market days. Una was just learning to grow coral but her parents were magnificent and came to land to sell their wares. Money wasn't important to them and they often sold their wares for far less than they were worth but they enjoyed the trinkets the miza could get them, and thrilled their daughter even more. Every time she came she was allowed a few miza to run about and buy something.

As they walked ashore from the water the sailors gestured, most that were there frequently were friendly to her parents, the rest gazed at Una and her parents with curiosity. Her mother was pale pink with the luminescent white bobbles over her skin that Una had inherited, built for deep sea diving. She had long tentacles that reached down along her lower back. Her father was a deep cerulean black and several fins atop his head. Her mother was loud and boisterous at this time, while Una's father was artistic and quite. Her mother always created the largest works and usually worked primarily on commission, especially for the stables while her father created little pieces of beauty with incredible detail. The Inartans in particular loved their artwork as it was similar to the glassblowing beauty.

Una left her parents side quickly the warm press of the sand on her feet making her giggle. Taking both of her hands they swung her into the air with each step. As they entered the market they ceased letting Una run between the legs of the Inartans and stare transfixed as the sailors brought in their hauls. "Be careful little lady." Una's mother warned as they set up their booth and Una disappeared into the crowd.

There weren't many children around the market so Una hunted with the focus of a Ray. As she slid through the stalls, she darted around tables and chairs pretending she was a seahorse in a magical coral reef. Suddenly a boy about her age caught her eye. She glared at him. He glared back at her. The chase was on! Whooping and hollering she darted through the people pretending to be a dolphin as she leaped and squeaked the boy hard on her trail, sniffing the trail like a tiger shark does blood.

Men walked buy carrying a large flat of foot. Almost at head height she dove under it sliding along on her belly. Scratched and uncaring she continued to dive and weave through the crowd out towards the ocean. Leaping onto a table that had yet to be set with wares she ran across the surface jumping down onto the beach. The boy behind her, used to the mountainous trails was gaining on her and jumped across the stalls more easily than she.

Staring at him over her should as she ran toward the ocean, the spray of the waves on her face. He'd never catch her in there. SMACK! Stopped in her tracks Una fell backward and stared in shock at the little girl before her. She'd tumbled into her so hard they'd both ricocheted off each other and into the sand. "Gotcha!" The boy cheered as he tagged Una on the shoulder.
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Enori on January 13th, 2014, 12:22 am

Enori walked around as her mother tried to sell some of her glasswork. Glassworking had always kind of bored her, so she went to sit at the beach with a good book. She read several chapters about the Noteworthy Endal, who had protected Wind Reach more than once, when a... well the only way she could describe it was fish-girl slammed into the sand on top of her, throwing sand onto her book. She glared at the fish girl until she saw the boy chasing her. She then stood up, glaring at him, until he poked the girl, and said, "Gotcha!"

She then knew that the fish-girl had initiated a game of tag, and somehow ended up as the tagger. She looked down, and saw past the fishiness of her, and smiled. She held out her hand to help the girl up, and stated, "If you tag me, I can get him back for ya." Enori knew that the boy was a nuisance from previous association with him, and knew that he would not leave the two alone until he was punched in the nose. She looked at the girl, and said, "I am Enori. My mom is over there selling her glass at the moment. Whats your name?"

Enori glared at the boy, her vividly green eyes boring into his own muddy brown ones. He didn't relent, but neither did she. She stood tall and proud, knowing above all else that she could take him in a fair fight. Don't let it come to a fight, please, I don't like fighting. If I could, I would love to find a way to make him leave us alone so that we can go about our day peacefully. was a running litany in her mind. She really didn't like to fight, but that didn't mean she couldn't. She was good at it, for her age. Having to grow up on nearly nothing had forged her into a hard, lean, animal of a human. Her reflexes were as sharp as the Hawks, and her grace matched that of the Eagles on which the Endal flew with.
Enori
Player

Words: 3144
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Una Tanta on January 16th, 2014, 12:17 am

Una raised her eyebrows perplexed at the girl's hostility, "We're just having fun!" She exclaimed before righting herself from her fall. "No need to be mad." The girl looked like every other Inartan girl and Una quickly waved back at her.

"I can catch him on my own but thanks!" Her feet propelled her through the sand slowly it's depth snagging her ankles making her running a fumble forward. She got a few feet before looking around trying to spot the boy. Frowning she turned back to the girl behind her, "You made me lose him!" Una whined.

Pouting she flounced up to the red-head. "Wanna make a sandcastle instead?" Before the sentence slipped from her lips she was already knee deep in sand digging through the dry top to the soaked sand underneath.

The sun made her white skin glimmer blindly in the tan sand and her glowing baubles were dim in Syna's light. She glanced up at the goddess's rays and grinned. All was more beautiful when her grace shone on it. "Enori? Right? Do you live in Thunder Bay?"
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Shijara on July 18th, 2014, 7:02 am

Una Tanta

The Good Stuff :
Experience:
Skill XP
Acrobatics +1
Running +1
Socialization +1

Lore(s):
Playing Tag
Wind Reach: Thunder Bay
Enori: Just Another Inarta Girl

Loot:
N/A

Notes:
Can't say there was much here to award but I did what I could. Just when things were getting even cuter, it got abandoned. What a shame. Una is adorable. I'd build a sandcastle with her. :)

Enori

The Good Stuff :
Uh-Oh:
Character is inactive with a CS that needs updating. It looks like this thread needs to be added to the thread list, as well as the ledger being updated, since technically, Enori was posting. If you want your grade after making the proper changes, PM me and we can figure something out. Thanks!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss it with you. Keep writing!
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes