Closed Pass The Parcel.

Arch begins his job. And finds some others beginning theirs, too.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Pass The Parcel.

Postby Archailist on February 10th, 2014, 6:32 pm

OOCNo problem! And thanks - it's what I was aiming for, adorable but scary at the same time.

At sight of the girls worried expression, his face dropped into a frown consisting mostly of confusion. Though there was a little anxiety there too, by the sheer time it had taken to go from happy to worried at the mere mention of staying outside for too long. "Not that long. Just passing through, learning what I can before returning to Syliras.. so I've never really stayed outside for very long past training, and that's done during the day." Though, he didn't see why that would be important. Was there a curfew put on by the monks or something for all of the city, including the travelers? Was it to do with some of their religious practices or simply something out of necessity to keep everything in line? He'd certainly never heard of one before, but then word of mouth never usually strayed to the eyes of squirrels unless he happened to be close to a few people talking.. and they didn't look down. "I'm sure I'll be fine anyway."

But then, Naia certainly didn't look like she would be. All over the place, more jumpy than a squirrel who's nuts had been stolen. But she said she was fine, and he was sure that she would be.. if left alone to her work anyway. The work that he'd supposed to have helped with today but the side-tracking had been such that he'd spent the entire time just standing on the pages, barely copying a few words out of it. He was disappointed in himself for not trying harder to do his job - well, it wasn't really his job, but that didn't matter. "If you're sure you can manage with all of that, alright.. for the moment, I'm staying in the Safe Haven Hostel. Been looking at that school, apparently they have accommodation too.. but I'll see. It's quite expensive." And he had nothing except for his courier work to satisfy coin. It wasn't like he really needed much anyway. Just a good tree and a few lumps of clay - he didn't need a mountain of Miza's for that, did he really?

Then an odd thought came to his head. "Say, if you live near that way, would you care for some company?" It'd be nice, for once, to be able to walk the streets without being stepped on. And just to make sure of that fact, he took one step back and then a running leap straight onto Naia's shoulder to sit with his legs hanging down over her collarbone and his tail keeping balance.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Pass The Parcel.

Postby Naia Whitewater on February 11th, 2014, 12:34 pm

Speech | Thoughts
What Arch was saying made quite the amount of sense to the Svefra, nodding slowly as the pycon spoke of merely stopping by, tying in what he'd thus far said about training to be a knight and his intentions towards shifting on to Syliras, though his dismissal of her worries of him staying out in the dark had her quite the bit annoyed.

It wasn't all that often that she bothered verbally expressing her concern for others, and it seemed, for the moment, to be a waste of breath. A moment more of the pycon's speech, and she able to quite understand that he seemed like he would be fine enough what she had said, and a sigh of relief left her, nodding away as Arch gave his sweet little assurances that she would be fine enough to carry the tomes.

"Been here for a fraction of a season, and I've done this more often than not already - I'll be fine," there was a slight chuckle as she spoke, thinking back to her second day, and the first time she'd opted to take a tome to complete it. It was the first night in years that she chose to answer Avalis Knocking, and her hunk of food left in offering was the greatest she'd offered since she'd moved.

When a school was brought up, she was caught in thought for a moment. Was the pycon speaking of Iron Fist? Well, she supposed, she shouldn't be surprised with his words and intentions towards knighthood.

What did, surprise her, though, was the sight of her new little friend running at her, bracing herself in time enough that she did not flinch or drop what she was carrying, a lightly, amused sigh leaving her as she acknowledged the decision already being made."The Hostel? I can walk you right there, though my own home is in the Eastern Quarter."

She started off the walk with a rather quick stride, hoping to at least be rid of the Hall before the last light of Syna was lost, only realising how grim and otherwise ridiculous she must have have appeared when one of the last few workers at reception sent her an odd look, pressing her to seek further conversation with Arch. "How about you spend the evening asking people about Nyka tales? Then, should you find anything of interest, we can see what we can find next time you come in, what do you say?"
Liar Naia
OOC Note: Decided to kick into gear and bring Naia back, but it might take a month or so until I'm happy that I've cleared everything.
Naia Whitewater
The Roaring Silence

Words: 146083
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2013, 3:25 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Pass The Parcel.

Postby Archailist on February 11th, 2014, 2:33 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

He nodded at last, and conceded. It was here tomes after all, she should be free to do with them as she wished. Then again, if he really was so concerned, why was he sitting on her shoulder and just adding to her workload? Sometimes, the squirrel didn't even make sense to himself, though he soon put that out of his head, before he confused himself any more with his own words. "Well, I think you've been doing a great job so far, if you've only been here that long. I've barely been here a season and I've gotten nothing done at all!" It was true - he was supposed to be learning how to do all kinds of things, and all of it had been forgotten under the premise of other monks going about with their work, or the occasional traveler needing help with this or that. Seemed that his training in knighthood was becoming a bit of a farce, though he wouldn't give up yet. Not by a long shot.

His conversation skills seemed to have paid off too, because she was offering him some work. "I guess I could try.. though, not many people give out their time to talking squirrels." He grinned to himself, and to Naia as well as he thought out all of the different occasion that he'd attempted to grab attention for different reasons.. and the many different responses that each one had prompted. Some were quite alarming. "Most just scream and shout and run away.. some faint." The only way he could catch attention was to be at eye level, so standing on a pedestal sometimes worked.. but other times, people just tried to knock him off it with things. And jumping on peoples shoulders and heads uninvited was just asking for trouble. The same for tugging on their trousers, since he just about passed ankles on most. "If I can find some few that won't, though, I'll be sure to ask them all about it.. I'm sure they'll have something to contribute."

[b]"Right there? Thanks!"
At least he wouldn't have to worry about being stepped on for certain. He found himself even reclining on her shoulder, with his back pressed against her neck and the tip of his tail swaying back and forth slowly, like a pendulum. "You know, I work in the Eastern Quarter.. that's a surprise.." Indeed, the Nyka Delivery Bureau was in the Eastern Quarter and he visited the place regularly to get deliveries done and other important things. What was a knight, or even a squire, without the funds to cover his equipment and training after all? "Who knows, we might even meet up on the job!" Even though the probability was low, it was a possibility.. a very slim one. He hoped they'd meet up again, though, as they both began the long walk back through the Celestial to the Safe Haven Hostel.
Last edited by Archailist on April 3rd, 2014, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Pass The Parcel.

Postby Zandelia on May 29th, 2014, 10:53 pm

Archailist :
Skills

Acrobatics - 4
Observation - 5
Endurance - 4
Reading - 3
Writing - 2
Running - 4
Persuasion - 1
Interrogation - 3
Socialization - 5
Philosophy - 2

Lores

Nyka: Hall Of Robes
Naia: The Scribe
Naia: Believes In The Strength Of Women
Naia: Lives In The Eastern Quarter
Hall Of Robes: Contents And Sections Of Tomes
Books: What’s the Point?
Writing: Basic Punctuation
The Story Of B.Nemeh

Naia :
Skills

Philosophy - 4
Observation - 5
Endurance - 1
Socialization - 5
Reading - 5
Writing - 5
Leadership - 3
Teaching - 4
Storytelling - 4
Logic - 3

Lores

Scribe: Basic Duties
Nyka: Hall Of Robes
Nyka: The Aperture
Geology: Igneous, Metamorphic, Sedimentary
Archialist: The Pycon Courier
Archailist: Wants To Be A Knight
Archailist: Stays At The Save Haven
Hall Of Robes: Contents And Sections Of Tomes
Writing: Basic Punctuation
The Story Of B.Nemeh

Notes :
I am so, so sorry this took so long. There is no excuse. A very enjoyable thread and the character depth was great to see

Any questions about my grade? Feel free to PM me at any time. Keep Writing!
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous