Flashback Of Slaves and Fish

Flash back wher Nixie Draer meets a child-Slave

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Of Slaves and Fish

Postby Shayna on January 19th, 2014, 1:23 am

Shayna shivered, not because the water was cold because it wasn't, but because she was chest deep in dark water that she couldn't see beneath. Mud squished between her toes uncomfortably, and she almost could feel the bite of something severing her foot or leg, though obviously was not happening. The unknown can be a terrifying thing. When the Dynasty came toward her, Shayna almost stepped back without thinking. If she was not in unfamiliar elements she might have. Wide green eyes watch the other as she closed the distance, "I'm.. I am okay I think.." Shayna replied, letting her arms float on the surface of the water, strangely fascinated by the weightlessness of her limbs.

Shayna didn't know what she meant by having to trust the other, until she was scooped up. Shayna's arms fly up and around the Svefra's neck with out thought and she let a sharp but short scream. Her body was tense, and her arms locked tight unable to loosen for a long chime. She tried to breath as the other told her, in through her nose, and she found that after a few ticks her body began to relax just a little. "No no no I am not rea--" Shayna started to say quickly but Nyxie let go and at first Shayna started to sink due to her flailing arms and legs, she might have struck the Dynasty by accident but she wasn't sure.

However a quick readjustment and Shayna was more or less floating, occasionally dipping beneath the water but she quickly learned the more she tensed the more she dipped. "Uh.. This is.. scary and frightening ..." She said in between bouts of almost sinking. "But.. fun.."

oocUgh sorry this was so late. I just could not get a post out...and even this one makes me sad >.>
Shayna
Even slaves can prosper

Words: 204361
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 9:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet

Of Slaves and Fish

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on January 24th, 2014, 3:09 am

OOC :
I enjoyed writing this thread with you, Jenn. Thanks for being a great RP partner; I'm going to miss your PC. :( Feel free to PM me, anytime :)

It was definitely fun :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nyxie waved goodbye to the slave-girl, not knowing if she’d ever see her again. Shayna seemed different from the rest. She seemed like the kind of girl who’d grow up to be an intelligent woman, striving for success. Nyx was glad she met her. It almost made her feel sorry that the Dynasties were never encouraged to fraternize with slaves. The Svefra girl wondered whether she’d missed out on opportunities to make true friends with the slaves on her own plantation. Nyxie let out a heavy sigh, realizing that it was time to go.

She turned to the sea and watched Kai leave. He joined the girls a couple bells ago, after Nyx taught Shayna the basics of swimming. Her tavan greatly enjoyed the slave-girl’s company, nuzzling his snout against her body to show Shayna his affection. The three of them had so much fun laughing and playing and swimming together. Nyxie silently prayed her thanks to Laviku for keeping them safe from any danger, and for making sure the tides were relatively lower than usual.

Alone once again, Nyxie slipped into her dry clothes and started walking back to Riverwave. She felt much better now. Her troubles seemed so trivial in comparison to the troubles of field slaves. Taking her time to get home, Nyxie started to wonder whether she truly sympathized with the girl, or whether she was just glad to find someone her own age to play with. The young Svefra had always been quite selfish; perhaps she cared less for slaves and more for gratifying friendships. Maybe Nyxie only felt better because she realized that there were people who were worse off than she was; that she should be thankful for having the amount of power and wealth that she did. It was likely that this whole charade just made her determined to work harder in life, in order to avoid becoming as wretched and dependent as slaves like Shayna.

Still, Nyxie couldn’t deny the fact that the girl had made her feel special. It felt nice to be able to teach someone a skill, and to see them enjoy every minute of their time together. It’d been a long time since she’d felt that way…

…Nyxie smiled to herself, knowing that she’d never be able to forget Shayna: her first slave-friend.
Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Words: 111204
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2013, 3:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Of Slaves and Fish

Postby Mythic on January 26th, 2014, 3:47 am

X

XP Award!

Name: Nyxie Nadira Draer

XP Award:

• Running +1
  • Swimming +1
  • Socialization +4
  • Leadership +1
  • Interrogation +1
  • Persuasion +1
  • Teaching +2

Lore:
  • Shayna: Slave
  • Teaching: Being supportive during the lesson
  • Shayna: First slave-friend

Name: Shayna

XP Award: Withheld
Lore: Withheld
Notes: Shayna, if you return to Mizahar please PM me and I will be happy to post your grades!

Final Notes: This was a nice little thread! I'm sorry it didn't get to finish, and I gave what I could for it. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please feel free to PM me!
X
x
Do not take lightly your hopes, your ideas, your fantasies. Let them grow. Nurture them. Then your wildest imaginings will soon trip the dream fantastic, soaring into the Wonderplane, and spreading into something altogether... magnificent. And perhaps you’ll see them again someday.

x

Moderated Threads: 2/3
Mythic
Trip the Dream Fantastic

Words: 29039
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2014, 3:03 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous