Closed Playing Dolls (Aka)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Evalin on January 5th, 2014, 6:42 pm

7th of Winter, 513 AV
Early Afternoon

It was a day as any other. A world consisting entirely of a cavern, and then a cage within that caver. Evalin sat as she always did, perfectly posed in the center of the cage, legs folded neatly beneath her and hands positioned her her laps. She looked off to the side, a quiet contemplation written upon her features. The icy gem hung around her neck, chilled against her bare skin, while her staff sat before her on the cage floor. She was still as stone, quiet as death, for indeed that was what she was. A stone statue, a silhouette in the darkness, a flame that had been reduce to smoldering coals, but awaiting its chance to roar to life once again.

Dull... Ever so dull this is Tsenrika. How I wish to be freed once more, to be released from this prison and roam as I always have...

The familiar responded in time, echoing in her mind and reverberating through their strengthened bond as he did so, Be as the ice, silent yet looming, awaiting the moment when it may thaw and return once more to the great expanse of the sea.

She barely resisted the urge to roll her eyes, But I am not ice. I am fire that burns and heat the scorches the land. Patience of one such as I is great, however, to remain completely still is nearly beyond even my abilities. There is that itch, that urging to move and to act, and yet I cannot. So very tempting is it to release the Other from its sleep and flee this place forever...

Like ice you must be... The fires of passion all but consume you, but ice... Ice is eternal and never dies. Rather it merely changes its shape as you soon will do as well.

Evalin's eyes shifted as she heard the sounds of the Mistress awakening. Mentally she sighed, and prepared herself for what is to come, If my fire be out of control, wild and impatient, then this girl is perhaps doubly so... Lessons are in order to reign in this child. She will be an important key to what is to come.

Evalin inclined her head toward Aka, "Good evening Mistress. I hope your rest was well."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on January 24th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Early winter, the season in which Morwen's reign the most, blanketing the ground in white and forcing animals to hibernate. However, this didn't hold true for the tropical jungle wilds of Falyndar, the hot and humid atmosphere persevered all year long. This held true in Zinrah as well, the twisting tunnels and caverns remained the same. Aka, the small Viper girl in human form with literal fiery tendencies, found herself curled up on her lavish bed in her elaborate cavern-room, dubbed "Scarlet Cavern". Her small form was clothed in her usual simple black robe tied by a red sash, but her long jet-black hair splayed around her, not bound to their twin ponytails style. Her breaths were steady, indicating a peaceful sleep, free of nightmares and horrors. She didn't need to, she had two of her beautiful dolls with her, the human Yuki and the Nuit Evalin.

With a stir, Aka's pale eyelids fluttered for a few moments before lifting to reveal her slitted red eyes, the Viper's mind geared itself to a waking state and her arms stretched outwards as she yawned. Aka blinked a couple of times to focus her vision, she brought her right hand to her face and rubbed it, sighing in contentment. That was a good nap. After a session of shaping the tunnels, the Viper needed some good-earned rest and what better ways to recuperate her body other than her lavish cavern-room, filled with luxurious furnitures and decorations. Her job as a reimancer combined with her mastery allowed the Viper to amass no small amount of wealth, this greatly satisfied her large ego. She proved to those brutish Constrictor giants that size meant nothing in terms of magical prowess. Her power had grown so much that she could almost effortlessly control her res with minimal concentration, utterly betraying her delicate human form. Who could have thought that the short black-haired pale girl can utterly decimate a group of bronze monkeys in one fiery swoop?

The acrobat reimancer stretched a few more times before jumping down from her large bed, her feet immediately carried herself to her most precious belongings of all, Evalin. The Nuit girl was obediently sitting in the center of her cage which served as her home, her wrists and ankles still decorated by chains and manacles and upon her neck was a pretty silver collar. Evalin represented how a mistress should own a slave. Not only obedient, the Nuit was deceptively powerful as well, with magical powers rivalling Aka, not in the matters of element manipulation, but transforming. The girl had the ability to morph into a beautiful ethereal creature with the upper body of a woman and the lower body of a mighty stallion, complete with majestic horns and gleaming purplish skin. Aka knew full well that if Evalin wanted to escape her flimsy bonds, she could done so easily, but yet she stayed. This made the Viper loved her even more, Evalin returned her affections sincerely unlike a certain Constrictor Trickster who scoffed off the Viper as if she was a little girl.

Speaking of the Trickster, Aka wondered where he was. Master, I haven't seen you for a while, where are you? Mamoru was nowhere to be seen, she had searched everywhere, the training grounds, the tunnels, even his room. A struck of worry washed over her, did something terrible happened to him? Perhaps his confidence got the better of him and Myrians managed to slay him despite his strength, "No, it can't be. I know he'll come back..." She muttered out-loud, not realizing she was already standing before her doll. "Eh, ah, i-it'sss nothing." Aka realized how she stupid she must looked with her distant gaze, the Viper shook her head to put Mamoru at the back of her mind, he would come back, things had always worked out with him. "Evalin..." The Viper smiled gently, a trait very uncommon to her, she mostly acted arrogant and rude, only to let out her lonely tender side once in a while, and even that was only to the people she trusted. The fact that the proverbial wall she erected became non-existent before Evalin meant she trusted the Nuit a great deal, even more than Mamoru. "Good evening, and uh... thank you." Aka raised both of her hands to grasp the cage's bars, she wanted to ask the Nuit something, something important. "Evalin, tell me honessstly, do you wisssh to be free? I mean... like Yuki, do you want me to releassse your cuffsss? I feel bad to treat you like thisss, you sssaved my life and I... I love you, I don't want you to sssee me asss an ungrateful sssnake."

Looking back, Aka realized how Evalin accepted all of her treatments, all of her arrogance and demands, yet she still saved her life when the Nuit could very well just abandon her to the Myrians. The least she could do was to be nicer, she felt utterly pathetic if she didn't do this.

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Evalin on February 2nd, 2014, 5:20 am

Evalin shifted in her bonds, the rattle of chains a constant now and one that the nuit would find odd to be without. Her red eyes looked down at the cuffs which held her wrists, and fingers moved up to grace the collar about her neck. She wore a thoughtful, contemplative expression, Be this a trap set by the girl to test my loyalties? Of what gain is there for her in setting me free? I cannot fathom it...

Perhaps in her words she is sincere. Love is a force that defies logic. If what she say is true, an opportunity is presented to us.

Think you that I should accept?

Think I that it would be foolish to refuse.

Shifting her body so that she could stand, Evalin moved to wrap her fingers around the bars, coming to eye level with the Dhani, "My Mistress... Freedom of these bonds would be a most precious gift... but even if they were never to be removed then never should i think of you any differently. My Mistress is kind and generous to this wretched one, and nothing more could I ever ask of her because..." She smiled slowly, reaching through he bars to seek out the girl's own hand, "This one loves you too."

Seek you to stay in chains?

No... but the loyalty of this girl far outweighs the inconvenience of chains and bonds that can be easily broken.

OOCSorry for the short post! I've gone and gotten a bit rusty with Eva, so please bear with me a bit as I get back into her skin ^.^

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on February 3rd, 2014, 4:27 pm

OOCTis' alright. :) I hope you crawl back into her skin, nice and comfy!

My, that doesn't sound creepy at all.

If Aka was being completely true to her urges and selfishness, she found Evalin's constant rattling of her chains to be mesmerizing, like music to her ears. The Nuit girl looked so cute and helpless, even though it was merely on her own volition as in truth, Evalin was far from being helpless. She had seen what her other form could do, decimating a whole group of Myrians with a deadly combination of brutality and grace. This girl... no, this centuries old ancient being in the form of a girl, could defeat a Constrictor warrior with ease. It was very unlikely, but if they should came into conflict, Aka wasn't so sure she could pacify the Nuit's beastly rampage. She shook her head, impossible, Evalin would never attack her. If she wanted, she could do so a long time ago.

When the girl touched her own collar, Aka gave her a hungry smile, almost like a scavenger reptile looking upon a carcass. She so wanted to grab hold of a leash then drag around the Nuit, showing off to the whole nest what a beautiful doll she possessed. In the back of her mind, Aka wished Evalin would decline and rather stay in her bonds forever and ever. She stood up though, showing off her clothless body, save for her restraints, a doll that could move, speak, and think on her own, even the most advanced magical puppet couldn't compare to her. Eva finally gave her answer and it pleased the Mistress, she desired to be free, but wouldn't mind if it wasn't granted. This actually urged Aka towards releasing her, to know that her slave would stay loyal, no matter what. The moment when the girl's dead hand touched her own, whispering those words, her decision was set in stone.

"Alright... I will, wait a moment," The Viper then raised her right hand, revealing the maledicted bone ring she received from the Marrow after she gave the maledictor an acid-spewing salamander to work on. The ring was simple in appearance, consisting of three molars strung together. Shimmering with sickly green color when exposed to light, "Look, I got this from the Marrow, hehe~ I'll ussse thisss to free you". What better ways to mark Evalin's freedom other than destroying the bonds themselves, specifically through acid corroding. "Ssstand back," Aka's left hand gently pushed Evalin's chest, urging her to stand in the middle of the cage as she didn't want the acid to wound her slave.

The Reimancer then snapped her right thumb and index finger together, releasing a stream of liquid reddish res from the ring. This res first covered the lock of Eva's cage, easily commanded due to Aka's skill, then the Viper transmuted the inner layer of corrosive green slime. Slowly, but surely, the metal lock succumbed and it disintegrated, unlocking the cage. Aka commanded her outer layer to gather the acid in the form of a small sphere, floating near her before entering the cage herself. "Evalin~" Lovingly, her arms reached out and hugged the Nuit girl, deeply kissing her as usual.

After a few ticks, Aka pulled back and took several steps back while the acid sphere split itself into two, one covered the chains of Evalin's wrist cuffs and the other one on chains of her ankle cuffs. The metal emitted hissing sounds as it gradually gave way to the acid. At last, Evalin's hands and ankles were free, though cuffs still hugged her skin, they were no longer connected, making their presence pointless. With a satisfied smile, Aka flicked her fingers and her res dissipated the acid into puffs of harmless air. "Alright," She walked to the nightstand table beside her bed and picked up a ring of keys, then she returned to Evalin and gave her the keys to her freedom, literally. "Here are the keys to your cuffs and collar, hmmm... I think you can remove them yourselves, hehe~ though I'd like it if you keep the collar, it looks cute on you". She would watch with eager slits as the Nuit removed her bonds. "Hehe~ but remember, you are ssstill mine. I might jussst... get you another, prettier, cuffs if you wander around too much, maybe in sssilver or gold".

OOCOh, Eva! I see you have graded threads in the 8th and 10th where she still had her bonds. To keep it consistent, we can shift the thread to... let's say, 11th - 12th of Winter if you'd like?

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Evalin on February 5th, 2014, 9:16 pm

Evalin's eyes lit up at the sight of the ring, and heard of its origins. Evalin had always had a fascination with the products of Malediction. They were twisted, grotesque, and more harmful than good. In a way Evalin felt that they were a good reflection of her own being. Something deformed, beyond the normal world, something not alive yet not quite dead either. She had never taken the time to learn the art of malediction however.

Standing back as Aka said, Evalin held her hands out at her side, her back straight in full acceptance of what was to come. Never would I have thought to present myself bare and open to the whims of a child's magic. Perhaps I grow foolish in my old age.

Young you are still, yet perhaps putting faith in this wild flames ability to restraint does teeter on the side of foolishness.

Perhaps that be so my dear Tsenrika.

What wonders there were in such a small object, or so Evalin would think as the most amazing of all miracles occurred before her very eyes, Acid, She thought as her eyes widened further as the lock melted to be nothing more, She commands the corrosive substance as I might command my flames. But how... how can it be? Her eyes lit upon the ring once more, gears turing in her mind even as the ball of acid floated toward her and the girl pressed her lips against her own as she always did, The ring... Marrow she said was its creator? Have us now a new quest, to find this crafter of items made of bone and to petition he create something for us as well.

The Familiar's mind stirred against Evalin's, Perhaps a simpler route may be taken, or rather it might be taken from the girl instead.

As the key was handed to her Evalin smiled her mock appriciation to the Dhani before turning her eyes to freeing the cuffs and ankle bindings, Perhaps indeed. Then let us make this a clever distraction from the meticulous nature of our state of capture. Let that ring fall to our hands before the season is out.

The cuffs fell from Eva's wrists, but as she was requested the nuit left the collar as it was. Touching this last semblance of slavery Evalin looked at Aka, "Fear you not my Mistress, for I am bound to you by trust and loyalty, not by chains and servitude. What I do I do for my Mistress to repay her kindness when this one was at her weakest... A dept. is to be payed to you, for centuries to come." Turning her eyes to the corner of her cage, Evalin took up her staff, leaning on it as she regarded Aka, "At your command you have Evalin, the Sorceress of Flame and Shadow. At your word my fires will burn, at your beckoning the beast will rage. Give to me your wish and all you will shall come to pass. Think you of me as the dagger sheathed and hidden, at your side always and ready to do that which must be done on my Mistress' behalf. Never shall you regret your decision to free my bonds so that I may better serve you." And then Evalin did something she rarely ever did, even to those of higher station. Dipping her head she offered a sweeping bow with one hand, a show of submission and servitude.

Play you well the part of a servent. The Irylid observed.

Better that than the part of a slave.

OOCCan we move it to the 12th then?
[/color]
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on February 6th, 2014, 5:21 pm

OOCOf course! Let's do that. :)

Evalin decided to keep her collar, this elicited a hiss of delight for the Mistress, the Viper possessively hugged the girl again, taking in each of the Nuit's words of loyalty. How happy she felt to know someone truly devoted her (un)life to her, she didn't care whether Eva was an undead, an ancient being, or someone who had killed Dhani before, all that mattered was her trust and... love. Aka had to concentrate due to Evalin's complicated Common speech, but she received it well enough, Evalin would obey her commands and Aka would have it no other way. "Sssehehehe~ I know you will, I love you ssso much, together, we can change the world!" Yes, a sound plan indeed, both of them could alter the hands of Fate himself, deposing the arrogant god of his power. She gently patted the girl's head when she bowed, "I like your gesture, where did you learn it?" She had little knowledge of human customs, assuming it was since Evalin was a human many, many, years ago. The bow looked elegant and dignified, giving the image of a warrior to her liege instead of a subdued slave.

The Viper put her right hand to her hip as she examined Evalin's form, now all bare save for her collar, this wouldn't do, she was no longer a caged doll and for that, outfits were necessary. Dhani mostly travelled bare in their Dhani and Snake form, but nothing was keeping them from dressing up their human form in fancy clothes, the proprietor of True Beauty, Tryllissle, was one living proof of a female Dhani who paid attention to her looks, unlike Senka, who was a brute. Ever since her eyes were opened to the power of appearance, courtesy of the Tryllissle, Aka began collecting clothes other than her simple black robe, she still mostly wear her robes due to the nature of her activities. Constructing tunnels or hunting Myrians weren't exactly friendly to fancy outfits, especially since Aka was prone to setting everything, including herself, on fire, burning away her clothes in the process.

"Come with me, let'sss get you sssome clothesss," Aka gestured for Evalin to follow her, heading to another section of her lavish cavern-home, soon, they came upon a walk-in closet filled with the Viper's collection of clothes, mostly dresses and robes, red and black in color. She walked into it and soon, came out with a piece of a pretty dark red one-piece sundress, she offered it to Evalin, "Wear this one! I think it'll look cute on you". Aka never bother with underwear, unnecessary and restricting to her transformation process.

Whether Evalin accepted it or not, Aka would raise her right hand and lovingly rubbed the Nuit's cheek, "Ssso, Evalin, anything else you desssire? You are mine, so be honessst". She would strive to make the Nuit as happy as possible, all that hate was bad for her, within reasons of course.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Evalin on February 6th, 2014, 7:28 pm

The pat on her head sent a wave of annoyance through Evalin, as it made her feel like a child... But then, such insequrites should be beyond her now, Like ice I am cold, like water I flow uninterrupted despite that which blocks my path. I do not feel, I do not react. I simply move, flowing from one tick to the next.

Learn you well. Be as the ice in all things, and never again shall a situation be beyond your control. There was the slightest note of approval in the Familiar's voice, but it was so faint it may not have even been there. For Evalin, however, it was more than enough.

Straightening Evalin leaned on her staff once more, "While on the isle of Sahova I learned many of the courtly gestures of the late Alahean empire. They have fallen mostly out of practice now, but still I find them rather appropriate in certain situations." SHe paused a tick, "If my Mistress wishes, I would be happy to show her some of the customs as well. Great power comes in poise and bearing. As I have learned in the centuries, more often than not tis the appearance and behavior that sets the down for a situation far more than the power of either wizard." She smiled slowly, "I have seen a master of the elements laid low by a woman who knew no magic at all. She subdued him by her mere presence alone. It was... Inspiring."

What purpose is there in this? the Irlyid asked curiously.

The flame must be tempered, and now there is laid down a path for the girl to follow. The first step in the process is done, and the temptation set in place.

The nuit blinked, surprised by the sudden turn of the conversation. In truth Evalin had never paid much mind to clothing, though she understood its importance when one must present their best to another. Rayage had never seem much use in it however, and by extension Evalin never grew to be interested in such things as color pallets and fabric design when it came to her own apparel. Thus she followed without complaint after Aka, and when the dress was handed to her Evalin simply stared at it.

She looked up when she felt the girl's hand on her cheek, and she glanced into the excessively large space that seemed to be dedicated to nothing but clothing. Evalin tilted her head, an expression mirroring confusion on her face as she looked back down at the dress, She wishes to dress me? Surely I am a doll then... But even so, what is this? Of what use are so many various types and colors of clothes? Whenever could she use them all?

Evalin ran a thum over the dress, admiring the color and how soft the cloth was to her fingers. At length she finally spoke, while still staring with uncertainty at the dress, "Think I not of anything that I could ask for. Forgive me Mistress but I have very little knowledge in such things as... clothing and fashion." What use was there in collecting clothes and staying to a fashion for a nuit? For every new body she obtained Evalin had to find more clothes to fit her. It was far too much trouble to try and find fashionable apparel every time she changed. Thus she usually kept one set of robes at all times that could be adjusted however she needed.

After some thought though, Evalin felt an idea Begining to bubble up in the back of her mind as she looked up at Aka, "I have little use for material things, save for those that my Mistress gifts me so that I might be pleasing to her eyes. If I were to ask... I would request such things that would allow me to better serve and protect my Mistress." She nodded at the ring on Aka's finger, "Such as the ring you wear. Things that I might use to be of real service to my Mistress. To do her bidding, to kill her enemies, to be her arms when she cannot be present. Beyond such things I simply wish to be of use to my Mistress. Then shall I be truly happy."

Evalin smiled slowly once more, her face Beginning to grow accustomed to this motion, though she could never quite get it to look as sincere as the living who truly meant it could. Then again, being a nuit such facial expressions were all but lost to her now. Evalin then set her staff against the cavern wall, fitting the dress on her form as she did so and turning for Aka to see, and to give her approval or disapproval of the look.
[/color]
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on February 8th, 2014, 5:39 am

"Oh, sssounds interesssting!" The Viper was curious about Sahova and all things related, Galbern hailed from the magical island after all. Her former Nuit master might know about such customs, but it didn't matter, he was dead, Evalin stood in his place of being an ancient lore teacher. The Viper became interested to the supposed powers of these 'customs', a common woman could defeat a master reimancer by presence alone? That was nothing short of a miracle, "Tell me about this woman, how could ssshe defeated reimancersss like usss, by presssence?" She would let Evalin dress herself before demanding answers.

The Nuit girl seemed confused by the offered dress, well she did spend most of her time clothless, locked and restrained in a cage, but Eva accepted it in the end. Aka watched at the undead girl who seemed fascinated by a simple sundress, the mistress giggled lightly and caressed Evalin's waist with both of her hands, "Don't worry, I'll teach you all about clothesss, in exchange for thossse neat 'customsss' you told me, deal?" Aka gave Eva a playful wink, of course it wasn't a deal, but an order, but due to her affection, she masked it with sweet words. The girl looked so cute and obedient, the urge to just push her down to the bed and play with her bubbled inside her, threatening to burst at any moment, but as a good Mistress, she should be tactful.

The girl actually loved her restraints, not many slaves could say that, usually they would remove them the first chance they got, too bad they were broken by corrosion at the moment, "You ssse, Eva? Thisss isss why I dessstroyed them, with how much you like them, I might jussst put them on you again, keeping you locked and restrained in the cage, sssehehehe~ buuuut, they are uselesss now so even if you want it, I can't do it~" She could always buy more of them, but the Viper knew Evalin preferred freedom and she did promised her exactly that.

Speaking of corrosion, it turned out Eva was interested in the maledicted ring on her right ring finger, the magical device that allowed her to manipulate acid through reimancy, Aka contemplated the request as Evalin put her dress on, in the end, the Viper shrugged, why not? It wasn't like Evalin would steal them and even without the ring, both of them were still powerful beings, "Okay, I'll let you borrow it, it'sss ssstill mine though, oh, hehe, correction, you are mine so everything you own isss mine," Aka happily skipped to the dress-wearing Nuit and hugged her lightly, then she removed the maledicted ring, offering it to Eva, "Do you want me to teach you on how to ussse it?"

OOCEva, the ring's effect should begin to corrode your finger a few ticks after you wear them. :) See my CS on "Special Items" section for the complete info.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Evalin on February 9th, 2014, 1:02 am

Evalin had not actually expected the Dhani to allow her to touch the ring, let alone allow her to wield it. Even if it were only a loan, it was a sign that the girl trusted Evalin. It was at once bemusing and utterly gratifying at the same time. The nuit's lips formed a small O of surprise, but as the ring was offered to her she would take it and carefully place it on the middle finger of her right hand. Extending her hand out to examine the artifact Evalin nodded slowly, looking at Aka while turning her expression into one of gratitude, "Once more my mistress is far too kind to this one. Please show me how to wield it, but Mistress... Will you not require it? I do not wish to take from you something that you hold dear, even if it is given to another one of your possessions."

Turning her hand over, admiring the ring as if it were the greatest gift she had ever been given, Evalin would continue after Aka gave the explanation for how to use the item, "Of the ways of court I myself am still only learning, however, for that which I was they came in very useful. With poise and grace one will always hold the upper hand, or so said Amaryllis of Sahova." Evalin bit her lower lip, hands coming to her midriff as she turned this way and that, feeling the odd texture of the dress as it shifted around her. There were far too many moving parts to it for her liking, and it was oh so exposing as well, "Amaryllis is the Chief Embalmer of Sahova, and while she holds no magic of her own nearly all in Sahova bend to her will. For what she lacks in magical might and power she has made up in presence and standing. Through her words she has crafted many alliances with powerful people, and through clever tongue and rhetoric she has shifted the odds in her favor in many situations that would see a person killed on the Isle." As she talked Evalin would move to the mirror, inspecting herself with an odd expression on her face, as if she did not recognize herself at all anymore, "I saw her put down a reimancer as strong you my Mistress, perhaps stronger as he had magic for near 700 years, with simple words and phrases. When she would come under attack, physical or otherwise, she would always retain her calm demeanor and temper her emotions and responses. None could shake her or bring forth a response of any kind if she did not wish it. That is where her greatest power came. None could read her, or her motives, for she never let slip her control."

Evalin actually smiled despite herself. The dress was... nice. Turning to Aka once more, Evalin did the sweeping bow once more, fingers gripping the edges of the dress this time as she fell into a practices curtsy, "She once told me 'power is not in what elements you hold or how much destruction you cause. Power is when you know when and how to apply your hand. There is a time and place for everything, and as it would happen subtlety is more often called for that brute force." She laughed, but then caught herself and hid her lips behind a hand, surprise in her heart as she did not know where the sudden bubbling of good cheer came from. Shaking her head, Evalin did allow a small smile to show, "She gave me this lecture after I let loose my rage upon the lab of one who scorned me. Destroyed his research, but ultimately it saw my time on Sahova come to an end. I fled the place, for in my arrogance and childish behavior I had cut ties with a powerful resource that may well have seen me accomplish my goal much sooner than it shall take now."

The nuit paused, coming closer to Aka and raising a hand to touch the Dhani's cheek, if she was allowed, "My mistress is perhaps stronger than I was at the time... Thus when I imagine your power tempered by restrained and courtly graces, I can see how truly terrifying you might become. You are as beautiful as you are dangerous my Mistress, and it is for this reason I pledge my loyalty, and my love, to you who I call my better and my savior."

It was then that Evalin noticed something odd. The ring upon her finger, on the hand that now brushed Aka's cheek, the skin around it was being eaten away. Blinking, Evalin pulled her hand back, turing it over to examine it further. She could feel the pain, but as she was she had become dulled to the sensation. Thus she had barely even noticed the ring's corrosive effects until her eyes had lit upon it. Now, before her eyes the ring ate clear through her skin, into bone until finally the ring, along with her finger, fell to the ground. Raising an eyebrow Evalin picked up the finger that still held the ring, letting it rest in her palm as white ichor began to drip from the would on her right hand, which she still hed up at eye level, "It seems that I cannot use my Mistress' ring... It is a shame. I apologize Mistress for allowing your precious item to be dropped upon the ground so uncerimoniously."

With her remaning fingers Evalin removed the ring from the severed appendage, extending it back to Aka, still as calm as ever despite holding one of her own fingers in her hand.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Playing Dolls (Aka)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on February 9th, 2014, 6:10 pm

To see the Nuit girl looked surprised, even if it was small, was enough for a smirl to curl at the corner of Aka's lips, Nuits were not known for their facial expressions, an assumption she made out of her experiences with Galbern and Evalin both. The girl needed to lighten up, she looked so dead most of the time, Aka actually had to swallow her own saliva, preventing herself for giggling out loud silly at her terrible, terrible, pun.

The Viper watched as Eva wore the acid ring, white as bone with a slight greenish glow, the ring complimented Eva's elegance, making her look more of a woman than a small girl, combined with the dress, the statement wasn't far-fetched. The shackled clothless girl in a cage was not an elegant petite woman in a dark red sundress adorned with jewelery, the pretty silver collar still marked Aka's ownership over her and she would have it no other way. True to her ego, Aka always hungered for praises, especially coming from the people she loved or respected, in Eva's case, it was a mixture of both, she loved the Nuit for what she was and respected her great power.

"Oh~" An amused exclamation, the ancient being wanted her mistress to teach her something, not many could claim they have taught a centuries old sorceress, especially regarding arcane powers, this deed would never be forgotten, Aka would tell about this to her children... if she ever had one, her past lovers hadn't been exactly... compatible with her. Svansan the Rattler, Urisu the Constrictor, and now, Evalin the Nuit, all of them were incompatible as a female Viper required a male Viper to impregnate her, in Evalin's case, it didn't matter much, she was an undead, last time Aka heard, Undeads couldn't breed.

Shaking her head to get rid of such thoughts, Aka focused on the task at hand, she put her right hand to her hip as her left index finger pointing to the ceiling, playing the part of mentor to her student, "You sssee, dear Evalin, it'sss actually easssy, you jussst exhume resss asss usssual, then inssstead of tasssking it into fire, earth, wind, whatever; you concentrate," Aka closed her eyes and slightly raised her chin, acting superior, "Feel your Djed pulling at the ring'sss power, then... in my cassse, I imagine the acid-ssspewing lizard I killed, the ring isss made from itsss teeth," It was only by a stroke of luck Aka managed to encounter the one-of-a-kind reptile, shame she had to kill it, but it was destroying the tunnels through its corrosive saliva, she couldn't let it be, "Finally, you command your resss into acid! Like I sssaid, it'sss child'sss play," The Viper opened her eyes, now both of her hands were at her hips, "Underssstand, my lovely doll?"

Her turn was over, it was now Eva's turn to teach her about those ancient customs, long forgotten and unknown to most. Aka idly led Eva out of the room as the Nuit girl explained, then she would leisurely sit on her bedside, observing the Nuit's lecture. This 'Amaryllis' seemed to be a prominent figure in Eva's past, particularly regarding to her customs, the Viper tilted her head, hands crossed over her chest in concentration. I see... poise and grace huh... Until recently, Aka never really paid attention, so this Amaryllis was similar in essence to Tryllissle, they both used the power of appearance to awe and command, Aka heard Siku herself was one of Tryl's recurrent patron, a truly amazing achievement if it was true.

As she continued to listen, Aka became mindful of the need to present oneself, she was a master reimancer and a rather well-known, or infamous depending how one looked at her, figure in the Nest, it was time she realized this and acted accordingly. The Viper figured her lavish cavern-roon was a definite good start. "Eh..." Aka gave a mock disappointment gesture through frowning at Evalin when she mentioned about the ancient reimancer who had power for almost seven centuries, she didn't go pass that however, the Viper was unwilling to interrupt Eva's speech, she looked so engrossed in it. A powerful female who commanded many by simple words and gestures, Aka could come to like this Amaryllis, perhaps she could teach them some of her tricks, but alas, Sahova was out of reach, she would make do with Evalin, in fact, she preferred the Sorceress of Flame and Shadow instead of the 'Chief Embalmer'.

Aka's slitted eyes followed the Nuit girl's elegant bow, this time her little fingers gripped the hem of her dress in a... what was it called again? A curtsy, "Hmph, maybe..." Aka gave a huff as she flicked one of her ponytails behind her shoulder, "It may work there, but here, in this savage jungle? I think brute force do jussst fine, do you ever see a Myrian willing to talk? Hmmm?" The Viper asked a rhetorical question, "Exactly, they are all warcries, swords, axes, spears, and arrows," Subtlety might by king in Sahova, but in Falyndar, Brute force ruled most of the time.

A small gasp of surprise slipped her lips when she heard about Eva's rampage, ostensibly to the figure who shunned her. So that's why you wander the world... Aka felt pity, but oddly thankful to whoever the figure was, if it wasn't for him, they wouldn't have met, "Hehe, but without it happening, I wouldn't meet you, my doll," The Viper gave Eva a reassuring smile, telling her that it was for the best.

Aka just smiled as Eva's pale hand brushed against her cheek, she received the Nuit's admiration with pride and contentment, "Why thank you, Evalin my dear, ressst assured, you made the right choice, I will be your Mistress until the end," She grabbed the girl's free hand on her wrist, grasping it firmly, but gentle at the same time, "I will help you in achieving your goalsss, but alwaysss remember, you belong to me, I own you, both body and sssoul," Aka was about to deeply kiss Evalin on her lips until something happened, something that made Aka's slitted eyes wide opened in shock. One of Evalin's finger literally fell from her hand, the dead flesh landing on the floor with a small thud together with the ring. She didn't get the chance to scream, her voice was blocked, even more horrified that the Nuit acted without care at her sudden mutilation.

"E... eva... w-wha-?" Aka couldn't believe it, did the ring just attacked its own wearer? The possibility of Evalin deliberately using acid to damage herself was out of the questions obviously, she stared in agape, her right palm opening to accept her ring, Evalin's calm words rang through her mind, something was utterly wrong with how she acted. A person who had one of their fingers cut off would at least groan in pain and search for immediate medical assistance, not her, Eva just continued as if nothing happened. "No... thisss isssn't right!" Aka looked upon the ring like a cursed artifact, she quickly scrambled to a nightstand, pulled the drawer out, stored the ring, and slammed it shut.

"W-w-w-what happened?! How... the ring... your finger, it can't... impossible, but..." So distressed with Eva's well-being, the Viper went into panic mode, grasping at her own hair, then she remembered what Evalin just told her, to act with decorum, slowly but surely, she calmed herself down, "Alright... Evalin, I demand you to tell me what in the name of Ivak jussst happened!" She stomped to the Nuit girl, her voice raised out of concern for her precious doll, "Can we... uh, put your finger back?" She was an undead who could transform into an otherworldly creature, Aka couldn't apply common sense regarding her body.

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next