Solo Between the two of us

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Between the two of us

Postby Evalin on January 6th, 2014, 6:02 am

7th of Winter, 513 AV

Once more the nuit was left alone to attend herself. The Mistress was off doing whatever she did, the other slave was no where to be seen. Evalin sighed, content for a moment of peace. Both of the living that shared space in this cavern with the Witch were wearisome at best. They required too much attention, spoke too often, wanted too much. But then such was the fate of the living. So caught up in their own short lifetimes that they had best to make the most of every moment. For Evalin, of course, this was a meaningless practice. Tomorrow would be as the day before, and the day before that, and the one before that.

Alone as they were, Tsenrika hovered freely in the cage, moving about absently, testing the limits of his motions for the time being. Evalin watched him wordlessly, back pressed against the cold bars of her cage, wrists still firmly held by manacles and chains. Shifting slightly Evalin sighed, "Think it be time yet, Tsenrika? May we flee this place and continue on our travels afar?"

"If you may easily traverse the twisting corridors from this city, then perhaps mine answer would be yes, master..."

She rubbed her hands over her face, before shaking her head, "Be it merely a jest dear Tsenrika. Even I know that it is not yet time, for we have no way to move about freely... not yet."

Holding her manacled wrist up to her eyes, Evalin squinted, pressing her mind back into a dark meditative state. She pulled back from her physical body, but no it was not her's to begin with. It was foreign, it was stolen. Thus it was never that difficult to separate the mind of Evalin from the vessel she traveled the stream of time in. In her mind she could see the cords of her djed, the strands that made up who, and what she was. The cords twisted and folded, etching themselves to the backs of her eyelids as she closed her eyes to let the shimmering picture of her hand come to focus in the darkness. She let her concentration fall completely onto her wrist, and her hands. There she pressed with mental fingers glowing sliver white, massaging the djed as one might clay. She pressed upon the djed of her wrist, molding it and thinning it out just as she did with her hand and fingers. Stretching them, pulling upon them as her other hand gripped the metal of her vice. The more she worked the looser the hold became until, finally, Evalin was able to slip the device free all together. She repeated this process with the other hand, and then releasing her hold on her djed let her form naturally snap back into place as she opened her eyes.

Evalin flexed her now freed fingers before her eyes, turning her hands this way and that to inspect them to ensure that nothing was amiss, "At least we know that few bonds may hold us now my dear Tsenrika. Some comfort there is to be found in this, I believe." Her eyes flickered to Tsenrika, who remained as he always did. Impassive and unreadable. Standing Evalin gripped the bars with her now free hands, eyes scanning the room, "Perhaps some preparations can be made in this short time we have. What think you?"

The Familiar floated to hover over Evalin's left shoulder, "Agreed. Let us not waste the time given to us."

These words brought a smile to her lips, "How amusing. An Immortal who worries over time. A novelty we are, if nothing else."

"Perhaps indeed." Tsenrika said simply, though there was the faintest hint of amusement in his voice.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Between the two of us

Postby Evalin on January 6th, 2014, 7:09 am

Evalin turned to look at her prison, leaning against the bars and folding her arms over her bare chest. She was in thought for the moment, contemplating what it was she wished to do. The cage was barren, save for her staff, yet for the time the staff was of no use to her. Straightening Evalin walled to the other side of the cage, wrapping her hands around the bars there as well, "Would you not think it an easy thing for us now to escape here, to flee to the world and rid ourselves of the annoyance of serpentine captors?"

"Of what is right and wrong matters little. What purpose would there be in fleeing so soon? Much yet is to be done."

"Like what my dear Tsenrika?" the nuit turned to look at the Familiar, "Of what else may I do here but slowly rot and toil away at the bidding of a creature beneath me? I grow weary of all this, of this place, of these CREATURES."

The Irylid floated before Evalin, and the girl could see her own eyes reflected in his smooth surface. She could see the frustration there, the burning desire to DO when nothing was to be done. How she hated to be so stagnant when she knew that there was much that could be done. At last she could not bare to gaze into those points of read any longer, and she looked away, "Tsenrika... what is it that I must do now? For the first time in so very long, I have no set path before me. No clear direction to follow. I merely have to wait... wait and wonder what is to come. This is not something I would ever wish for."

Floating to one side, close to Evalin's cheek but not quite touching, the familiar's voice whispered softly, "Then be still as the ice in the north, and wait for the rays of spring to melt you to return to the flow once more. The seasons come and go because life requires rest. So does my master." His calm voice was like ice on fevered skin, chilling yet soothing at once to the point that Evalin even closed her eyes, "The time will come for you to act, but now be as the ice. Patient, steady and strong. A glacier content to wait till the right moment, the appropriate opportunity. Let the fires be quelled for the time being..."

Evalin nodded slowly, pressing one hand against the Irylids cold surface as she opened her eyes to look into her own reflection once more, "Your words are a balm to the worst of aches that arise with endless age. Whatever would I be without you my dear Tsenrika? What was I before you...?" She smiled and almost laughed, "I love you Tsenrika. You are the one person who has always been there, who has always remained beside me when all else has crumbled. The ice of your heart is the only thing that may withstand my flames... Would I wish that you could be with me, to stand beside me as a human, or nuit, or other race so that I might hold you close to show the depths of gratitude I feel."

Tsenrika did not answer for a long moment, but through their bond Evalin could feel a strange, very alien emotion filter past the barriers to her own chest. The sensation made the smile slip somewhat from her lips, but before she could ask what it was the creature was already speaking, "All that I do, is to see my Master come to stand at the height of the world where she belongs. She deserves greatness, and it will always be my humble pleasure to serve her to that end." Something not quite true rung out in those words, but for Evalin it was all but unnoticeable. She was... happy to hear it, to be lost in the illusion of true companion ship.

Chuckling she looked back through the bars, resting her head against them, "Then serve me well, and for many years to come Tsenrika. For now however... aid my mind to find a task that can be accomplished in the now. Before this need to act brings forth flames to consume this cavern."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Between the two of us

Postby Evalin on January 7th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Turning and pressing her back to the bars, Evalin slid down to the cage floor, "But what a dreary life this is, or rather unlife it be for that is what it is. Dull by even the most obstructed view, and with little to no entertainment to be found." Evalin cupped her hands as Tsenrika floated close once more, "A cage for body, a cage of mind, a cage of the worst kind with bars that cannot be broken. A prison of monotony, it is this which binds me not this contraption of cold iron and steel."

She let that power stir, like a snake uncoiling within her chest. It swirled and pressed beneath her skin, crawling about just beneath the surface as Evalin funneled it out through her arms and wrists, pooling liquid res in her cupped hands, "So simple it would be to escape, think you not Tsenrika? But a single spell it would take and the bars that hold me would fall away. With a single change I might slip free of this prison. If I should release the Other, then this prison and all about me would crumble and fall. You see, Tsenrika, it is not the physical that binds me, but the utterly dreadful boredom and need for patience." Evalin pressed her will upon the res that pooled there, pulling it up into a slowly spinning column. Then with a thought she cast it aflame, letting this miniature vortex turn in rhythmic pulses within her hands. Evalin continued to feed this flame small portions of res that she continued at a steady pace, like a trickling stream, patient and unhurried. She would not tire for some time if she were to hold this little flame, and somehow Evalin relished this ability to play with fire in even its tiniest form.

The Familiar hovered over the girl's right shoulder, his voice soft in her ear, "Thought I that you understood the subtleties of the world... That such things as sudden acts of violence, or loss of one's patience, was best left to the foolish and childish like the mistress you now serve."Evalin frowned, but before she could reply Tsenrika continued, "To move without thought brings only danger, to act without concern of consequence shall end in death. A flame, while powerful and destructive, is volatile and too easily used by others." Evalin felt a pull on her power, and looking to the side she saw the Irylid floating amidst a stream of her own res, directing it to his will to swirl around the smaller flame, whipping about faster and faster until in an instant it was changed into air and the once tiny fire surged upward, growing bigger and brighter so suddenly that Evalin gasped and released her hold on the magic. The swirling vortex of flame, having grown to three times its size, dissolved to floating sparks and embers as Tsenrika's voice chilled the air once more, "Such is you when you allow these thoughts to move and do as they place. A flame waiting to be raised by another's hand, to grow out of your own control and become a mere tool for another."

Settling back from her startled position, Evalin pulled her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms about them as she looked at Tsenrika with an annoyed expression, "I am a flame. Such is my nature. I burn and destroy all that stands in my path, I consume the lights of the world and take for myself that which they have so scornfully taken for granted. How would you wish me to be then, my dear Tsenrika? Wish you that I was a different person entirely?" There was a note of accusation in her voice.

"Be as the waters of this world. Flowing freely, unrestrained, installable. Be as unchanging as the air, unaffected by time. Be as the ice, looming and grand. Be as the ocean, deeper than any mortal can fathom." He said calmly, "The time of uncontrolled passion is past. Such things shall only harm the cause you have set. You know this, as well as I. Do not be corrupted by the child mistress' ways."

The nuit shook her head and closed her eyes, resting her forehead on her knees, "Then it is true, you do wish for me to be that which I am not... To defy my own very nature."

"Be that your nature? An uncontrolled element of destruction? Think I that you not speak the truth, Evalin. What I call for is for you to be as you were, when first we met. Have you forgotten Evalin... Have you forgotten so soon?"

"Perhaps so, for even now I know not of which you speak..."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Between the two of us

Postby Traverse on January 10th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Evalin

Experience:

• Familiary 3 XP
  • Morphing 1 XP
  • Observation 1 XP
  • Philosophy 1 XP
  • Planning 1 XP
  • Reimancy 1 XP
  • Socialization 1 XP

Lore:

• Being Overtaken by Boredom and Impatience
  • Tsenrika: The Steady Voice of Reason
  • To Have Someone (or thing) to Share Immortality With

Additional Notes :
Very interesting. I see you two are bonding up quite nicely in more ways than one! Enjoyed this thread, and if you think I missed anything lemme know!

If you have any questions, concerns, accolades, complaints, etc about your grade, drop me a PM and we can most certainly talk it out.

As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)