A clumsy meeting

Palla, being extremely clumsy, bumps into Orabelle

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A clumsy meeting

Postby Palla Frostfawn on January 6th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Timestamp: 30th of winter, 513 AV
Palla needed some inspiration for her carving. Since she had mostly focused on land animals until now, she was going to try something new. Palla decided to go to the aquarium, so she could try carving sea animals for a change. Palla put on her coat and boots, and grabbed her backpack, map, amd some food, since she planned to spend the whole day there. She set off torwards the aquarium. The day was still young, and that was great for Palla, as she planned to spend the whole remainder of her day at the aquarium.
Palla arrived at the aquarium after making fairly good time. Palla decided to check out the above ground holding tanks first. They were filled with creatures of all different types, and Palla’s mind was quickly full of ideas. Palla thought these were amazing, but she had heard that this was not even the best part. Palla excitedly ventured down into the tunnels, and was awed by the creatures that were held there. Some were dangerous, such as sharks, and these were the ones that excited Palla the most. Surprisingly, Palla wasn’t scared, as she knew the animals couldn’t get to her while they were trapped in their cages. These creatures were fascinating to Palla, as growing up, Palla had never seen creatures like these, and these marine animals were new to her.
Palla, so fascinated with the marine animals, stopped looking where she was going. She bumped into someone in her distracted state. It was a young woman, a bit older than 20. She had long, dark brown hair and creamy colored skin. She looked at her with sparkling blue eyes. This is the second time bumping into someone! Why must I keep getting distracted? I should watch where I’m going. Palla scolded herself. “H-Hi” I can’t even say a simple word like ‘Hi’ without stammering! I hope she’s not too mad, after all, it was just a simple stumble. Palla waited for a response from the woman.
Last edited by Palla Frostfawn on January 9th, 2014, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A clumsy meeting

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on January 8th, 2014, 8:48 pm

It was cold and boring today. Orabelle had no clue what to do with her time anymore. She found out about the aquarium just by walking by it and decided to check it out. As a svefra Ora had a very special connection with Laviku's creatures. As soon as she walked in the ocean wave smoothly moved up her shoulder. She was checking out some cool shells when a girl bumped into her. Knocking her over, flat on her butt. The girl began to apologize."It's alright, Love." Orabelle smiled at the vantha." You have very pretty eyes."
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

"A Svefra never goes back on their word... never."
Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Words: 107184
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A clumsy meeting

Postby Palla Frostfawn on January 9th, 2014, 9:15 pm

Palla was still a little startled from bumping into the woman, her head swirling with worries First thing’s first, let me help her up. Palla stuck out a hand to help the woman. She said it was okay. Good. What else did she say? Something about my eyes. Oh! She had complimented my eyes! “T-Thanks!” Palla replied to the compliment, a little less worried now. Her eyes changed from their deep blue with a tint of green to a blueish purple.Palla surveyed the woman. She had pretty eyes, too. Palla also thought her hair was beautiful; it looked very healthy. “Y-You have pretty hair” Palla said Pretty? Of all the words I could have used? Palla mentally kicked herself. She seems friendly. Why not introduce myself? “I-I’m Palla. Palla Frostfawn” She stuck out her hand. Relax. It’s just a handshake.
Last edited by Palla Frostfawn on January 18th, 2014, 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A clumsy meeting

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on January 9th, 2014, 9:59 pm

Orabelle took the girl's hand and stood up. She thought the vantha was adorable in a little sister way. She had a worried look on her face, which was still told cute. Orabelle giggled a bit, still smiling. She didn't want to frighten the poor girl anymore."Thanks, I'm skilled in cosmetology, so I can take proper care of my hair and do others." She noticed the stuttering in the young girls voice and it broke her heart."I'm Orabelle Deepseeker." She took hold of her hand fast and shook it fast."What brings you here?"
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A clumsy meeting

Postby Palla Frostfawn on January 9th, 2014, 10:54 pm

"T-That's really cool!" Palla said in response to the woman's comment about her being skilled in cosmetology. She asked why I was here. Does she mean in Riverfall, or at the aquarium? Probably the aquarium Palla loved carving, or even talking about carving. Her eyes turned more purple as she grew even more happy.“I-I came here for inspiration for my carvings. I base a lot of them them off of nature and animals, but I haven’t made sea animal carvings yet. You see, It’s been my dream to open up a carving shop. E-Even in childhood, I was fascinated with carving. I am seeking approval from the Council for a carving shop, but for now it’s just a hobby. Even if they approve it, I’m only competent at carving, so I’m not sure how my shop will do...S-Sorry, I’m rambling…” Palla apologized “S-So why are you here?” Again, why did I word it that way? It sounds like I’m interrogating her. Palla yelled at herself.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A clumsy meeting

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on January 10th, 2014, 10:08 pm

The perfectly toned woman pressed herself against the aquarium glass. She could feel the salt water and even taste,it through the glass. She nodded as the vantha babbled. She did not mind since Orabelle herself was a chatterbox. The mixed blood turned towards Palla, one of her hands still pressed against the glass."I am marked by the sea god, Laviku and have somewhat of a connection with these intelligent animals." As her hand was still pressed against the glass, a school of beautifully color fish would brush against the glass."Here's just a suggestions, it would probably be a lot easier to carve plants. Sea creatures tend to move a lot and refuse to hold still." She gestured to the fish who would were going back and forth against the glass.
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A clumsy meeting

Postby Palla Frostfawn on January 12th, 2014, 3:35 pm

“I am marked by the sea god, Laviku, and I have somewhat of a connection with these intelligent animals” Wow… She’s been marked by a god? Well, at least that explains why she is here. “W-Wow." Palla replied to the woman "I-I love animals, but I have no real connection to them.” Palla watched, interested, as a school of fish brushed by the glass where Orabelle’s hand was.

"Here's just a suggestion, it would probably be a lot easier to carve plants. Sea creatures tend to move a lot and refuse to hold still." Palla watched the sea creatures in the tanks as they moved. “I-I know it would be harder to carve them without a still reference, but it’s still doable. T-They are beautiful creatures, after all, a-and even though I could not do them justice, I would still love to try.” I hope I don’t offend Orabelle by not heeding her advice!

Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A clumsy meeting

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on January 12th, 2014, 10:36 pm

The fishes grew bored, Orabelle would not move being caught up in a conversation with Palla. They began on their way moving around the tank like they did before she had arrived."Me too." Orabelle told the younger girl."But sadly, I only know of the ones that are in the sea." She began to cross her arms and kept them tightly together.

Orabelle was not at all offended, instead she was excited."If you can carve a moving dolphin, I say go for it." She referred her favorite animal in the sea." Dolphins are beautiful and a lot more intelligent than us humans are."
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A clumsy meeting

Postby Palla Frostfawn on January 14th, 2014, 8:40 pm

"Me too." Orabelle replied to Palla."But sadly, I only know of the ones that are in the sea." "That's better than having no connection at all to the beautiful creatures, at least." Palla replied. I wish I had a connection to the animals! Well, I can't get marked unless I worship the gods, and I won't change my beliefs for that. Eventally, I could get better with animals, though.

"I-I could try to carve a dolphin... D-Dolphins don't have fur or scales, so I wouldn't have to do too much detail work. I-I'm okay otherwise, but I'm not good with details." Palla begin mentally sketching a dolphin carving in her head. Dolphins are doable. They don't have too hard of a form to carve out, and don't require much detail. I could probably make a decent-looking dolphin. An idea occured to Palla. I need to get a better reputation, otherwise I won't have any business in my shop at all. Besides, I like this woman.What if I made her a carving? "W-Would you like me to make you a dolphin?
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A clumsy meeting

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on January 15th, 2014, 8:22 pm

"You don't need a connection with a god to understand animals." Orabelle told her with a gentle tone."Actually I don't have too strong of a connection with the animals. Wish I did though..." She sighed before watching Palla's eyes. They were so unique, very beautiful and looked as if they could glow. She just loved the her eyes so much."A dolphin carving? How nice! I would actually love one."
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next