Solo Changing Face

Evalin has obtained a new body, but some alterations are needed.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Changing Face

Postby Evalin on January 6th, 2014, 11:07 pm

53rd of Winter, 513 AV

A new face, a new body, a new identity. Evalin walked about the room, free as Aka allowed her to be, gazing at the new limbs, the new hair, the new skin she wore. Her lips were a thin line of concentration, her eyes looking over every inch of her naked flesh, "This body is tall... Taller than I am used to." Evalin did not know when Aka would arrive, thus she kept Tsenrika sealed away as the gem that hung about her neck. The Familiar, for his worth, had remained silent during the girl's early contemplations, but now offered his own cold opinions, Is height unwanted? Though I that child bodies were an annoyance to my master...?

Evalin frowned and walked to the full length mirror owned by Aka, turning this way and that to examine her body, "Such it was before, however, as time goes on one grows accustom to most things. Now I find myself... at odds with this new form which feels far too large."

In a reason patrol Evalin had acquired the body of a Myrian woman, slain by Aka herself. By her Mistress' graces she had been allowed to keep it as a replacement for the now rotting corpse that she called her own before. The woman was tall, 5'7 almost, with a fit build and breasts just a bit too large for Evalin's liking. The hair was just past the shoulders, and the woman when alive had kept it tide back in intricate braids. Evalin did away with these, however, for they were more trouble than they were worth to upkeep. Green eyes, tanned skin and hair the color of dead leaves, the Myrian was not ugly, but Evalin knew that such an appearance would not do any good for her reputation around the nest.

"Though I wear the skin of a Myrian, best not to flaunt it for fear of repercussions undo..."

She could feel Tsenrika's silent agreement with this line of logic. It would not do to be decapitated simply for wearing the corpse of a Myrian. Caution was best followed, and so... Some alterations were in order.

Closer her eyes Evalin summoned forth that mental image of the body she now wore. It was imperfect, she knew, for the body was still fresh to her and not ingrained in her consciousness. Still, she did what she could and let her mind fall to silence, separating from this body that was never her own in the first place. With mental fingers of silver, Evalin traced the lines of djed that arched and weaves to form the body she inhabited. Absently she mused at how different it was than the body she held previously. In her last form the weaves had been so tightly wound, compact and vibrant to reflect the young nature of the host. These were thicker bands, resonating with age and experience. Muscles knew and remember the arts of war, but Evalin knew that she had no access to these. After a time she finally found what it was she was looking for. A single strand that lead from the center of the wave, stretched dup and layered over the entirety of the vessel's skin. The strand of color, and this Evalin experimentally plucked.

Opening her eyes, Evalin watched as the skin, beginning just under her neck, slowly shifted with alternating patterns of lighter and darker patterns, like ripples that washed over her entire body until they settled once more to the natural tan that it was meant to be. Smiling Evalin grasped this strand firmly with those silvery fingers of her will, pulling at it at odd angles while she watched for the effects in the mirror. The tighter she pulled it the more odd the color became, shifting to darker and darker hues until it was almost black. Shifting the strand slightly moved the color from black to almost blue. Interestingly enough this change of color was like a ripple effect. It would start at the center of Evalin's chest and spread out in a wave fashion, distributing the color in an uneven fashion. Tilting her head Evalin plucked at the strand once more, pressing it in the opposite direction and increasing the slack in her hold. The rippling colors changed from the darker hues to higher and lighter ones, skin returning to tan and moving beyond to an almost pale white. Nodding slowly, Evalin followed this strand back, touching up the uneven spots in the visible areas of her neck and face, and of course her forearms and hands.

"A start perhaps. At least with the skin color changed the first reaction will not be recognition that the body was once Myrian, don't you think so my Dear Tsenrika?"

Might they not think it a sickly monkey, instead of a healthy one?

Evalin almost laughed, "Perhaps they would, but then there is still much more work to be done. Let us make it so that none will ever suspect this were the body of their most hated enemy."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Changing Face

Postby Evalin on January 7th, 2014, 1:04 am

Turning her head this way and that, Evalin examined the features that remained yet to change, "What think you my dear Tsenrika? How shall we alter this vessel to better suit the needs at hand?"

The answer was a moment in coming, but soon the Familiar's disinterested voice was heard in the echoing of Evalin's mind, The hair of a Myrian is an obvious trait that would be best done away with...

Blinking, Evalin tilted her head and passed her fingers through the brown locks, "Think you so? I rather like it as it is... but such things cannot be helped. Of what color should it be changed to? Perhaps a deeper shade of crimson...?"

Know I little of the colors favorable to your world... Was his simple answer, and to this Evalin sighed, "Of little use you are to me then."

Taking a lock of brown in her hands and pinching it between her fingers, Evalin let her mind drift back to that separation from body. Once more she plunged through the darkness, searching the intertwining strands of djed for one in particular, that certain bit of herself, her body, that would aid her in her current endeavor. For some time she remained motionless, gazing aimlessly in the mirror as she concentrated on the search until, at last, she found what she was looking for. Those silver appendages of meaningful will took hold of that thread that commanded her hair to be hair, an tugged upon it. Evalin felt a prickling sensation along her scalp as she did, and she reflexively raised her free hand to explore the source of the occurrence. Chuckling at herself she lowered her hand once more, and returned to the task at hand.

Tracing her fingers along this strand of djed, Evalin observed what occurred in the physical world when the mental was acted upon. the strands felt as if they moved about on their own, and before her eyes the locks wiggled as they fought to decide if they should be short or long, wavy or straight. Squinting one eye Evalin concentrated on one trait specifically, the length. Pinching at the djed with mental fingers, she tugged at it, reeling it in like one might a fishing line. Her hair began to shorten, withdraw within itself until it stopped just before her shoulders in length. After a moment Evalin decided she liked the slightly wavy fall of the hair, and turned her attention to the next strand in line with the previous one. This one shimmered slightly in her minds eye as she plucked it, and the brown shifted darker, vibrating as her skin had before, rippling from the crown of her head to then fall down in a cascade to the tips of every hair. Plucking at this strand, twisting the coils of the braid with her will, Evalin felt as if she were tuning an instrument. Each time she twisted she would pluck at the string to see what colors it would resonate then. Each time she would pause, assess what she had done and then continue on with the process until her hair was a darker auburn color, similar to what it had been in the previous body.

Taking hold of these strands to hold them in place, Evalin let her concentration come back to her image in the mirror as she examined her work, "There now, an odd color for a Myrian to possess. Surely in being outlandish I might hide myself all the better."

Or stand out all the more. A flame haired monkey is a monkey all the same.

Frowning, Evalin took the icy gem in her hand, looking down at it in annoyance, "Pessimism is not a favorable trait in anyone, least of all a Witch's Familiar."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Changing Face

Postby Evalin on January 7th, 2014, 2:42 am

Letting the gem fall to her chest once more, Evalin closed her eyes and held her hands out to her sides, preparing for the final act of transformation. This was something Evalin had never done before, at least not to this radical a degree. Breathing deeply in through her nose she let once more fell to silent meditation, bringing forth the images of her djed strands interconnecting to form the whole of her physical body. She could see to two silvery hands that held in place the color of her skin and hair, and she could feel the strain of her djed in these places as they tried to return to their normal state. Evalin woudl not allow this, however, and she redoubled her efforts to keep the transformations. Now she looked at her form, the body as a whole. A series of flashing lights, twisting knots of djed threads that were woven together to form her entire body. With her minds eye she circled this mental construction, observing it and contemplating how best to start. To her mind sprang an additional two silvery hands of willpower, each taking their place over the constructed image.

"Let us change, ever so slightly, the dimensions..." As her silvery hands moved to her chest, so did the physical ones, pressing upon her breasts as a distasteful look struck her features, "First let us take care of..." Like molding clay her fingers worked, compacting and pressing in on the mounds, making them smaller, less shapely, and in Eva's opinion much more manage able. Her hands them moved to other parts of her body, from time shaping, shrinking partially, adjusting, just to get a feel of what it was like to affect such changes.

Frowning as she worked, Evalin let her mind's eye fall back to expand her vision so that she could see the whole of her mental form, and with her silver fingers she pressed upon her body, upon the djed that made her who she was, and compacted it. She felt a weight upon her chest and back, and her bone's creaked at the sudden pressure exuded onto them. The Nuit's expression became one of discomfort as the sensations grew and grew in intensity, but still she did not let up. Her djed resisted this change the most, her bones did not like to be shrunk as she was commanding them, but Evalin was determined. The more she pressed, the greater the weight became until finally she could compact the djed no more. Quickly her silver hands tied up the strands of djed, clasping them firmly in place as she opened her eyes to look at her work.

Evalin now stood before the mirror, skin pale like she had never seen the sun, hair a dark auburn cut to just above her shoulders with a slight wave, and she now stood a little under 5'5 in height. Her build was still fit, but the proportions were a bit off. Frowning Evalin ran her hands over the bits of flesh that did not perfectly align, molding and smoothing out the wrinkles like one might do with a dress. It was imperfect, and but it was the beginnings of a work so such was to be expected.

Stepping back Evalin tested her body now, seeing how it responded to the changes. She felt... heavy, most likely because of the sudden change in height and density. Still she could move, her fingers and toes all responded, her flesh did not rip to pieces... And she did not look as if she were a Myrian any longer.

Setting her hands on her hips, Evalin turned from side to side in the mirror, "What think you? Might this be acceptable to warrant a mere passing glance from a Dhani?"

Perhaps... but best to avoid any glance at all.

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Changing Face

Postby Evalin on January 7th, 2014, 3:44 am

Evalin could feel the djed she held by mental fingers struggling to be released, but with a mental shrug she tighten the hold upon the bindings, keeping the change in place. She examined herself up and down, admiring the work, as novice as it was, but still proud that she could do even this much. It was worth the effort, she believed.

Worry you not of losing this bodies original form? Tsenrika inquired, and rightly so. Evalin had heard tale of those who overgave with morphing being unable to return to original form. To this Evailn merely smiled at her reflection, "Let it be lost my dear Tsenrika. it is of no use to me."

Turning from the mirror, Evailn moved to her cage once more, leaning against the bars and closing her eyes. Within her mind she could see the mental fingers holding onto the strands of djed, holding the changes in place, fighting against the elasticity, which is exactly what she wanted.

"Let this body forget its original form, let it be stuck as it is now, forever, for of what use is the body and form of a Myrian in the den of snake?" Evalin mused to herself, "Some might weep at the loss of themselves, but to one such as I who wears faces as another might clothing, it is of no true concern. Let this body be as I wish it, let it struggle and fight, and then succumb to overgiving and be stuck as this form instead! That is my wish... For when I master this art, my body will be whatever I wish it to be at the time."

Be mindful you do not forget yourself in the changing faces. Came the soft warning in return.

Evalin looked down at the gem that hung on her reduced chest, "And what have I done till now? I have been without a true 'form' for 200 years. I know not even what my face once was, what my body of old was like. So what if this one now forgets it shape. No longer does it define itself, but rather is it defined by the soul which dwells within it." She smiled and pressed a hand to her forehead, "It be the vessel of the Immortal Witch, it need no other proof or identity than that."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Changing Face

Postby Traverse on January 10th, 2014, 2:11 pm

Evalin

Experience:

• Endurance 1 XP
  • Familiary 1 XP
  • Meditation 1 XP
  • Morphing 3 XP
  • Philosophy 1 XP
  • Rhetoric 1 XP
  • Socialization 1 XP

Lore:

• The Strangeness of an Adult Body
  • Taking Away the 'Myrian' Traits of Your Body
  • Morphing: Pulling at the Right Strands of Djed

Additional Notes :
I really enjoyed this thread. Simple, but I found it interesting the way you described Eva's take on morphing, which is different than how I write it, but makes sense based on the fact that she's a Nuit and probably has a more removed way of altering her body's djed to which she isn't as connected to generally as a living being would be.

If you have any questions, concerns, accolades, complaints, etc about your grade, drop me a PM and we can most certainly talk it out.

As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)