The Wrong Place at the Right Time (Rojeck)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Panna Cotta on September 29th, 2010, 1:45 am

Uldr looked at them both furtively and rocked on his toes like a child, "Yes, nothing is more beautiful than affection that is shared and returned through a bond." His presence was both imperious and gentle; dignified and graceful.

He cupped his cheek with a hand and supported the elbow with his other hand. "You have ambition, deep within you are both attracted to power. I admire that."

Then he skipped away, bouncing like a child. Guvronsek was lying as flat as he can on the floor in reverence to Uldr.

"To answer your inquiry, I would like you to understand that I do not impose my will on someone so that they would become a follower. No, I do not work that way. I liberate them from their sad pathetic state. Even the undead can get a reprieve from being such a lowly creature."

"This, is an example of a slave." Uldr pointed at Guvronsek and held his hand on his elbows.

"He is bound by an oath to obey a Master he did not choose. He was forced to stay in this wretched island, doing the same thing over and over again. That, is slavery." He held his hands together and tapped his chest. "I do not enslave my disciples, Rojeck." He pouted and balled his fists and scowled at the Nuit. "I had said nothing of the sort!" The god's indignation was obvious. Unlike other deities however, he actually reveled in his wrath. Uncharacteristic it may be for the god of undead, Uldr giggled.

Uldr gave his eyes back to Rojeck Harl. "I gave Guvronsek the opportunity to be free. To feel my Hate. To feel his Hate. He didn't like it at first, he declined my offer." He was somber as he said, "But he changed his mind eventually, he sought me and I was always there, always there waiting for him to embrace his Hate." A faint malicious smile lined his lips.

"And when he did, I gave him Power." The last word sung like a glorious echo in Rojeck's head. Even Senesus echoed, "Power."

"Tell, me did that sound like I enslaved him?" He continued without waiting for a response, "With that, your question is clarified." The red glint in Uldr's eyes became dots of red tears. As they fell down his pale cheeks, the child gave a dismal smile. The voice that resounded from his lips was no longer that of a child's but that of a rumbling, grumbling monster.

"Come undone!" Although Uldr would never give out his Gnosis to one who did not give his consent, he was cunning. Cunning enough to acknowledge an intention to serve and turn it into a full pledge of loyalty.

Rojeck Harl felt like he was suddenly released from a vacuum, as if his body would explode. Senesus shot an arm's length away from him. The pain was excruciating, but he was deaf to his own cries of anguish. His vision blurred, and the bond faded underneath the whirl of red and black around him. His flesh burned and ripped apart, twisting and coiling away from his bones. Even Senesus was not spared from the infinitesimal unraveling, his familiar was spread in smaller globules. A true testament to the bond between familiar and master - what one goes through, the other suffers as well. There was a faint anger crying through their bond. One by one, his disintegrating tissues fell back into place. Senesus was reconstructed, too exhausted to complain.

When it was all done, Rojeck did not look any different. But he certainly felt different, much much different than before. He felt stronger, the sluggishness was gone. He can move as well as any pulser. The growl has died, the child's voice was back. "You are a true undead now. Not as superior as you may hope, for you are still nothing but a Nuit. You will find that your ichor will always successfully turn someone into an undead. You must always use this gift, and use it well."

"You will find that your bond with your Sarawanki has matured, in the sense that you will always feel his hate and anger. You must not suppress this power." The power felt anything but powerful. It was a heavy burden placed upon his soul, an eternal anguish. "I have given you my Hate. Nurse this feeling, and you will delight me. I do not care to whom you shall give your hate. You might as well loathe me. I would certainly find that delightful!" His voice was almost sweet, encouraging, and adorable, if not for the frightening message endowed in his words.

Guvronsek then rose to his feet. There was an inexplicable frenzy on his face, as if he was standing up against his will. "Stop it, Guvronsek. Your show of fealty is almost creeping me out." Uldr whispered, fidgeting like a child. "Why don't you welcome the new addition to the family?"
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on October 1st, 2010, 3:17 am

Rojeck smiled with a gleam behind his dead eyes that had not been there in a century, at last he was finding something to continue his unlife for, at last he would have the power he craved. The Hate he was feeling toward Senesus was being transformed in his mind to affection, Uldr made sense, this was how it had to be and if Senesus hated him all the better..as long as he remained the more powerful it would be fine. He nodded as Uldr spoke of his ambition and attraction to power and knew Senesus to be the same which was why he always wanted power the big bugger could not have to stay up on him.

Yes father we do and I know which of us has to be the master now. Power is the key to that He watched as Guvvie stayed on the floor flat as could be, he wasn't sure why he wasn't or why he was being so non reverent to a god who was his father.

He listened as Uldr went on about not being a slaver and even getting indingant, it was a feeling that Rojeck welcomed,he was kind of getting into this Hate thing it was as if something had woken in him,something that was missing and Uldr had not yet bestowed anything on him, he simply listened as the god went on and then he got the feeling that he would not be asked again if he wanted to serve..in fact he got the idea that he was already in Uldr's service and that suited him just fine as he would have agreed if asked.

It was not long before his idea was confirmed,the red rimming of Uldr's eyes became bloody tears as he summoned his power to transform Rojeck into whatever he was about to transform him into. From the lips of this childlike god issued a growl that was guttural and filled with power monstrous like the god himself and Rojeck closed his eyes and smiled evilly as it began.

Suddenly he felt the hot wave of power strike him, he watched as his skin began to split and then the pain began the awful,wonderful pain and anguish as the flesh began to peel and split and fall from him and then it increased as he felt the sinews melt and then it was as if he exploded and his cries of anguish could not be heard through the red blackness that was the bond between him and Senesus he only reveled in the fact that this was happening to him too. He knew now that the Sarawanki would know that he must not get Rojeck harmed for it will happen to him too and he hated the thing more for that.

There was what seemed to be a long moment of non being and non existence as he was nothing and then he began to reassemble. Once this was done he stood exhausted before his father and began to assess the changes in him. He immediately looked for Uldr's mark on him the brand that would mark him as Uldr's, he also noted that his body had become quick and tight like a Pulser's, he felt a new strength within him and he felt power coursing through the ichor in his body. He also felt the burn on the Hate within him almost an anguish but he refused to suffer for it he embraced it and the cruel changes it would make to him. He loathed Uldr for doing this to him and Senesus for wanting his power..he would hate all who came near him...this was his sacrifice to his father.

He smiled as he found out his Ichor would always turn anyone undead,and he began to plot ways to get it within living bodies although it would be taxing to him to do it often as he was still a Nuit and would have to change bodies if he wore this one out . The Hate was obvious in his eyes as he gazed on Uldr.

I will do this father. I will make the undead for you and they will Hate too. He smiled cruelly as he watched Guvronsek rise fanatically and waited for his response
They say there is only one life and after that you die...they lied
Rojeck Harl
Player

Words: 51882
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on October 2nd, 2010, 3:05 am

Guvvie stood before Rojeck with a thin smile on his face. "Welcome." He was never really good at socializing. Nuits practice neither handshakes nor hugs. Rojeck now had a lingering ability to tell, to know, to determine that Guvronsek also possessed the first mark of Uldr. A black ring on the left side of their necks. Their eyes met, and Rojeck knew that his eyes also retains the same red glint in the dark eyes of Guvronsek, the same glint Uldr had. It made them comrades, but it still didn't change the fact that Guvronsek was still his Master.

The parting words of Uldr was one of gratitude, "You have pleased me, Guvronsek. Continue to do so, and I shall reward you handsomely." The child took our a small handkerchief and wiped away the blood in his eyes. As fast as he had appeared, Uldr disappeared. Faster than a blink, the Boss was back in the room. From Uldr's Priest, Rojeck felt a different sense of authority. He may dislike it, but since he had given his free will to serve Uldr, he must now accept the consequence that he had actually given up his free will to serve the ones who possessed more Uldr marks than him. Rojeck knew, and so did his Sarawanki, that he is now a slave.

"You must know another thing," the Boss smiled, his two hands gently touching his face as if it was clay that had been molded into a different shape, "you are now Randjaki, a Chained One. The lowest in the pyramid of power, you are nothing but a pawn, a lackey. If you can manage to nurture your Hate, you may rise up the ranks of our God's Army. I do not need to tell you, but it warrants a warning. Disobeying the orders of those above you in the hierarchy will lead to a pain worse than death." To Guvronsek, he said, "Well done, Guvvie."

Rojeck could now sense a deep resentment from his Sarawanki. Senesus felt thwarted, but in time he would recognize that the seemingly weak Nuit who promised him comradeship was actually an ambitious self-serving undead.

OOCI shall award XP after your next post!
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on October 5th, 2010, 1:49 am

Rojeck noted the black rings on his and Guvronsek's necks that were obviously Uldr's marks he also notes the red rings around his eyes and that he could sense Guvronsek and a marked and the "Boss" as a greater marked . The best he did was nod to Guvronsek's welcome and hate him all the more because he still was the Master despite the equality of their marks, that was something he was going to change and change surely no matter what it took.

He glared openly at Uldr as he expressed gratitude toward Guvronsek and wanted the god's gratitude as well but was no able to do anything and that made him hate Guvronsek even more. However despite his Hate he would obey as he was self serving as well as ambitious. The in a blink the "Boss" was back and now he exuded an authority that he did not have before, now Rojeck understood what Uldr meant by slavery, he knew he had to defer to the "Boss" as a higher marked Returned and had to do his bidding on top of and before Guvronsek's this was going to be no end of headache for him and he hated Uldr for doing this to him and Hated his new Masters for their authority.

He nodded toward the "Boss" I somehow expected no less, so be it that is the price of power. I will nurture Uldr's favor and I will break free of your slavery...that is what I WILL do. Until then I have to obey. You have no worries about me..until that day.

Rojeck loved the resentment he sensed from Senesus it only nurtured the hate he had toward it and the desire to subjugate it totally. he had transformed in one meeting from an amicable fellow with a fairly kind heart to a self serving power hungry undead and that was what he would remain
They say there is only one life and after that you die...they lied
Rojeck Harl
Player

Words: 51882
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on October 6th, 2010, 1:49 am

ROJECK HARL

• Familiary 4
  • Intimidating 2
  • Intelligence 1
  • Interrogation 2
  • Persuasion 3
  • Observation 2
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Teaching 2
  • Lore of a familiar's sealed form
  • Lore of teaching a familiar
  • Lore of how to control a familiar
  • Lore of aspiring for a Dira-less world
  • Lore of paying lip service to Uldr
  • Lore of Randjaki/Chained One
  • Lore of Returning
  • Lore of Boss Rubik
  • Lore of Uldr
Other:
  • Rojeck has received Uldr's Gnosis
  • Rojeck has the physical strength of a Pulser
  • Rojeck has gained Uldr's Hate
  • Rojeck has an uncontrollable urge to convert a Pulser into undead
  • Ichor has 100% undead conversion rate.
Additional Notes:
My first Returned thread! I love how Rojeck slowly transformed into a spiteful Nuit.
I hope to see you become a loyal servant!
This is the link to your Storyteller Secrets thread. :)
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Previous