The Wrong Place at the Right Time (Rojeck)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Panna Cotta on August 29th, 2010, 5:06 pm

Timestamp: You put the timestamp, RH.

Rojeck was still in Guvronsek's Office when the unknown visitor came. He may have thought it was another part of his training, but there was no proof it was. His freshly-bonded familiar was, of course, averse to their unwanted companion, leaving Rojeck opportunity to emphasize his dominion over the bond. Senesus was insisting that the visitor was a threat to their life and must be killed. While the Sarawanki was acting out his natural impulse of hostility towards strangers, it had good reason to do so.

"Come on Rojeck, follow me." The Nuit was somewhat uncoordinated, leering left and right. "It's time for contract signing."

Funny though, this visitor was carrying Guvronsek's staff.

OOCIt's a stub, my apologies. I shall enlighten you on my next reply.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on August 29th, 2010, 11:10 pm

TIMESTAMP 18 SUMMER AV 510

Rojeck didn't even realize that he had been on Sahova for four days when he looked up from his reading. He had found himself in the place he wanted to be in, this was the largest existing collection of magic and arcane materials in the world and that fascinated him, he wanted more than anything else to become a Master Wizard in more than one discipline and live long enough to acquire all the knowledge possible to find. It was what had kept him going for 100 years so far. He smiled as Senesus whizzed around his head talking and chattering as a Sarawanki was apt to do. He could sense the big fellow's excitement at being away from Fyrden and right now they were safe. He went back to his reading and lost himself in the accumulation of knowledge.

Suddenly he heard a low growl through the bond as Senesus stopped spinning and flattened on the top of his head in the manner that Rojeck had come to know was fear and aggression. I'll kill him, Rojeck I swear it, before he kills us.. It was then that he noticed the unidentified visitor in the room. He sighed and spoke through the bond exerting his dominanceNo you wont Senesus, not unless he attacks us. Then you may kill him if you desire, am I making myself very clear? He could be someone sent by Guvronsek to get us, he also could be more powerful than we are, it is best not to find out if we can avoid it.

The big Sarawanki flattened even more,resembling a large egg on Rojeck's head.I remember what happened the last time a stranger came in. No I will kill him, I wont let him kill us or harm us.

Rojeck became quite stern,You will obey me in this Senesus, I'm the older Mizahran here, I know what I'm doing!!!! You will not attack...that is a command

Senesus remained flattened and his anger boiled in his thoughtsYou are a petching coward Rojeck!!! I should have chosen a Wizard with more courage. Petch you You Bastard.

Rojeck again was sternIf being a coward means being alive..then so be it. You are stuck with me now so deal with it and by the way same to you, you warmonger of a Sarawanki. I wont let your petching aggression kill us so BACK OFF!!!! NOW There was no response for a long time and finally Senesus resumed his normal shape.

Rojeck was watching the new stranger as he moved, he was somewhat uncoordinated and veering a bit as he walked, it was odd that he carried Guvronsek's staff as well. The stranger told him to come, that it was contract signing time. Suddenly something occurred to him.

Well Master, I see that you were granted a new body. I haven't seen a Nuit in adjustment phase for a long time...other than myself. lead on Guvronsek.

Senesus shimmered in a way that indicated he was laughing, You mean to tell me that that is Guvronsek? He sure looks different. I gather Nuit can take new bodies then if they want to?

Rojeck did not say much of anything but nodded at Senesus, the big fellow had just seen the Nuit secret to immortality, they could take on new bodies when they desired to. He followed the Nuit to wherever.
They say there is only one life and after that you die...they lied
Rojeck Harl
Player

Words: 51882
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on August 31st, 2010, 12:41 pm

Guvronsek was pleased. He had expected Rojeck to have assumed he had changed bodies, his last was obviously worn out. The Nuit wizard was pleased to find that Rojeck was exercising his dominance over the bond, observing closely the unspoken interaction between Master and Slave. Having a familiar might be new to him, but sooner of later, one of them will have to learn the concept of subservience. He merely grunted, oily fringes pointing over his pale face.

There was no sign of Guvronsek's familiar. He must be hiding it well, or it was not with him. The Master goaded Rojeck Harl and his familiar to walk in front of him along unlabeled corridors, some of them pitch black. There were moments when Guvvie barely made any noise, except to command Rojeck to make a turn, or inform him of a flight of steps they might have to climb up or down.

They entered a door at the end of a hallway, and found themselves to the left of what seemed to be a small presbyter. Guvvie egged Rojeck to enter and then to walk down the aisle of the small chapel. After a long while, Guvronsek spoke, "Since you have familiarized yourself with your little slave, I suspect it would be easier for both of you to understand the reason why I have brought you here."

He explained, "I am not sure why you have come to Sahova, and I was wondering if you will choose to linger around?"

After Rojeck's answer came, "Stay or not, I wish to... educate you about certain... things about us." Guvvie looked as if he was deliberating things, "May I ask how old are you?" And then he added, "I wonder if you have heard about the God of the Undead Uldr?"

"You see,
" he continued, "I am looking for followers to recruit into our small congregation. Well, it is small if you take into account the membership we have within Sahova, but outside this island, our God extends his hand to many places."

Guvvie swept a gaze at Rojeck and Senesus. "In order to help us... as payment-" he emphasized, as if to remind Rojeck that he was under a contract if not a debt, "-for getting your familiar, I want to think about joining us in our quest to spread undeath across all of Mizahar."

"No pressure to join, really, just wanna know if you'll consider."
Rojeck's familiar was once again ballistic. What was a God, what was Sahova, what was this bit about payments?
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on September 3rd, 2010, 5:32 am

Rojeck would have raised an eyebrow if he was not a Nuit and not able to express nor truly feel emotion in surprise when Guvronsek grunted,but then again he really did not say much even before. He followed him as he was goaded or instructed to do simply because he was curious and a seeker of knowledge.

He also thought it odd that he saw no sign of Guvronsek's Sarawanki, they usually were full of movement and therefore always visible. Things weren't beginning to add up about this Nuit as they proceeded. As things got darker he used the stone to keep Senesus calm while they twisted and wound throughout the citadel on a mission. He had asserted just ans much dominance over the bond as he needed to keep the little warmonger in line and so Senesus was quiet but active the whole time.

Guvvie had been very quiet except to order him to make a turn or tell him about stairs and Senesus had been chattering the whole time through the bond once he got his assurance that Rojeck had the stone. They continued like this until they reached the door and Guvvie indicated they should go in.

They entered the chapel and now Rojeck wondered what was going on...this was not something he expected. Then Guvronsek indicated that now that he and Senesus were more familiar with each other they would understand why he had brought them there. He still refused to see Senesus as his slave but there might be something to that in that it6 might control the little warmonger if he started thinking in those terms.

Guvronsek asked him why he had come to Sahova and if he was planning on lingering for a while. He replied Well I originally came here to learn magic and be with my own kind for a while. I was hoping to learn Alchemy in addition to gaining a Familiar and maybe a defensive magic skill to protect me from anything nasty I should summon. As far as staying..I had planned to stay for a season or few until it was time to go looking for a new body. After all I'm among my own kind here and better accepted than out there even if I'm an outsider.

He listened as Guvronsek "enlightened" him. In response to how old he was he saidI passed the 100 year mark last season As to Uldr he saidWhat any Nuit who's been around a while and sought the gods would know and that's that he's the god of the Undead. I believe in my research on the Nuit creation ritual I read that he gave the secret of creating Nuit to the wizard Animators. Other than that I don't know much

He had to think on Guvronsek's proposal that he join the Uldr cult, it was one thing to apprentice to a Master Wizard, another entirely to become an aspirant in the church of Uldr so to speak. he said to Guvronsek.

It is true that as an Undead I owe my existence to Uldr even if I do not follow him directly. I also though do nothing without knowing what's in it for me. He stretched slowly and said What would Uldr do for me and what would he expect in return? No one gets something for nothing.

He was interested in this as Uldr probably could and might give him the power he sought, but at what price power? He spoke againI am willing to consider it, provided I can ask a few questions amd if the answers are good..id love to meet with Uldr and give him my allegiance. Making Mizahar a place where Dira holds no sway would delight me.

To begin to answer Senesus question he said A god is a being with great powers, one who would protect us and give us some of his power. Unfortunately all power comes with a price. Sahova is where we are it is a location in Mizahar surrounded by water and we call it an island. As far as payment goes well Rohgon and Guvronsek did me and you a favor by bonding us and training us. He wants us to repay him for that by considering his proposal. He looked at Guvronsek waitying his answer
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on September 4th, 2010, 1:30 am

Guvronsek offered, "You may stay in Sahova as an apprentice if you like, I shall immediately have it arranged. Provided of course, that you strictly follow my orders and obey without question."

"I believe that you will find Uldr well able to provide you with the knowledge and the power you seek."
Guvronsek smiled and motioned his hand towards the end of the chapel. In the hall was a grandfatherly man, hair a crown of white tuft. He looked like an insomniac, his smile was faint. "I thought you will never return, Guvvie." He spoke in an authoritative manner. "May I have the pleasure of knowing who our visitor is?" His overall demeanor and poise told Rojeck that he was the Priest of this secret cult. His Sarawanki, of course, unable to control his anger-fear any longer, burst out into a big shimmery globule and said, "Who are you what do you want from us?!" And then to Guvronsek, "You traitor, you liar! You're trying to kill us aren't you, plotting behind our back, aren't you!" It was so amusing how Senesus could straighten its tongue when it was angry, other wise it sounded so docile and weak. Rojeck could feel Senesus' power bursting at the seams as it jumped and attacked the Priest.

"There, there," the priest said. Guvronsek even moved to act in defense of his Boss. Much to Rojeck's surprise, he felt a drastic change in the bond. Senesus' anger and fear suddenly disappeared. It murmured faint sounds like rippling water.

The Boss' gave a slight nod to Guvvie and the wizard retreated. To Rojeck he gave a slight shake of the head, "Your Sarawanki is new, I presume?" Guvvie nodded to answer in Rojeck's stead. "Well," the priest said, "I think you ought to have a few tricks up your sleeve to control your familiar." Rojeck found himself agreeing. "You see, if it is power that you seek, you must learn to grasp it. You must be prepared to hold out authority. If you are unable to make your familiar do something as simple as staying silent, how else would you pull the rein tomorrow?"

"Control. The power to control is one of the few things that Uldr will not hesitate to provide you. Bring your familiar into submission. Teach it to know you are the more powerful person. Do not be deceived by false notions of camaraderie and trust. You must learn to weild your power over your familiar and make it obey!"
The suggestion was so powerful, even Senesus tried to convince Rojeck through the bond that what the priest was saying is true.

The Boss turned to Guvvie who stood like a statue. The wizard spoke tensely, "He has it in him, I have tested his character."

"Very well, I trust your judgment. We shall see how your first disciple will deliver."
Boss turned to Rojeck Harl once more, "In exchange for enjoying the power that you may request of Uldr, we only require you to exercise your supremacy whenever you can. You have a glib tongue, Rojeck, and I do hope you are honest in saying that you wish Mizahar to become a place where Dira holds no authority. It would certainly delight Uldr."

The idea of power seem to have appealed to Senesus. "We will be as great as the heroes in my stories, Rojeck! I can even make up a story about our greatness where I am the lead. Of course, of course, you can be a supporting character, Rojeck." Whatever powers this priest had, it appeared that one of them was complex enough to make Senesus speak truthfully... and straightly.

"Better, isn't it? I hate it when creatures lie about what's in their heart. You and your familiar will have a better relationship if you are honest in your intentions." The priest spoke sagely, "We can offer you so much more, and you will be a valuable addition to our league. You may ask me any inquiry you have about our cult and Uldr."
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on September 5th, 2010, 3:58 am

Rojeck nodded and saidThat depends...am I going to survive the apprenticeship? I know that with the living an apprentice is considered pretty much expendable and if he or she survives then they become a full wizard. Anyway the best way to get training is to be an apprentice so I agree to the terms.

He figured for now to use Guvronsek to get that which he really wanted...power and now that he found out that Guvronsek served Uldr he knew that the Nuit was a stepping stone for the power he craved. He also felt Senesus bristle at the thought of them being in more danger and he said through the bondI wish you would just calm down. You are too paranoid for your own good and I for one don't want to be killed because you were stupid. I can make this hard if you really want to..I promise you I will.

The big Sarawanki saidYou haven't the guts for it Rojeck. I doubt you would do anything as long as your worthless hide was on the line

Don't test me Senesus...you have no clue what i can do..or what I'm willing to do. Remember any harm comes to me...you get harmed too or killed.

Again Senesus seemed to back off and Rojeck took it the way he had to. The response of Guvronsek to his comment about power was pleasing to him and he looked the way that he motioned and the grandfatherly man that he saw there didn't fool him for a moment..he figured him to be some kind of Uldr priest. he bowed to the man/preist
Rojeck Harl at your service sir Suddenly the damn Sarawanki leapt at the Priest and began to attack him before Rojeck could get control of him. The little warmonger was so paranoid that he would go off and get them killed. He really wished he could Void the little bugger right about now. He felt the burst of power and immediately began to pull djed back to him from Senesus trying to power the freak down. it was also surprising how it could talk straight when angered or fearful.I swear Senesus if you get me harmed in any way I'll find a Voider to Void you you petching fool you.

Suddenly he felt the power go out of the bond and the Sarawanki seemed to calm right down and it murmured to itself. The "Boss" seemed to have a few tricks up his sleeve that Rojeck wanted to learn. He watched as Guvvie nodded to the "Boss' when he asked if Senesus was new and nodded himself when he said he should have a few tricks up his sleeve to control the little war freak Like it or not he was going to have to take control of him and make him subservient and that would be such a waste of resources not to mention time.

However he was not entirely convinced of this fact, it was simply put a waste of resources to continually put a leash on Senesus, if he could convince the Sarawanki to trust him he would not have to expend the djed or other resources to keep a leash on him to him it was a matter of logic even though it seemed that the "Boss" was making a good point..heck even Senesus was agreeing with him and that was unusual, he suspected that the "Boss" was using some magic of his own to make what he was saying more convincing

I have spent the last 100 years being prepared to wield the power I seek. I agree he can be a bit impulsive and having a few "tricks" would be good. I presume that those tricks would be granted by Uldr? Or perhaps there is magic that i yet do not possess that causes you to have control of my Familiar?

he would have smiled at that but the "Boss" answered his query by affirming that Uldr would grant him the power to control and that control had to begin by forcing Senesus into submission that camaraderie and trust were false notions, he had to make the thing obey. Even Senesus was agreeing through the bond this suggestion was so powerful. It was very convincing Rojeck had to admit and so easy to simply accept that he was the more powerful and he could make Senesus submit to his will. He did smile at this time resisting the Boss suggestion, showing that he had his own mind. However he did not want to play his hand just yet since there were powers here he did not understand, but wished to.

Well then I will have to be taught how to use my bond to make him obey me and how to use my resources to keep a tight leash on the petching thing. I can be taught,believe me I learn my lessons well. Senesus will learn his too..hes a smart one he is.

He nodded as he listened to the "Boss" talk about the demands of Uldr..to exercise hie supremacy whenever possible and that he had no problems with. he believed himself to be superior to those pulsers anyway. To see Mizahar as a place where Dira holds no sway suited him just fine he could finally be rid of her Harbingers and live on forever. He was annoyed when Senesus spoke of being the lead and he playing a supporting role..that would not be the way it was..not ever. If they could not be equals then Rojeck would be the Master. He spoke.

What power will Uldr grant me to exercise my supremacy? And what does he define as exercising my supremacy? I have several ideas, but I want to know what he expects. Uldr and I have the same goal if making Mizahar a haven for the undead is his goal. I do believe I can assist him in doing that, depending on the price for joining him. No one does anything for free..especially a god.If hatred and emotions like that are your goal..I long ago gave up those pursuits. I look out for me first and foremost.

He turned to Senesus and smiled being quite honest with himYou can say whatever you like, but the reality is that the best you will achieve with me is equality. I hold the final card and if I have to ill up my power to continue to hold it. You had best get used to that Senesus, it will make things easier for you, this relationship depends entirely on your good behavior and you are quickly misbehaving so you are not convincing me we should be equals.
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on September 11th, 2010, 5:32 pm

"Oh, it would not be a problem, Rojeck," the Boss waved a hand as if it didn't matter, "You can easily assume apprenticeship under me, or Guvronsek, other than checking on your faith, we Nuits pretty much work solo."

"But, let us turn to the more important matter at hand. I can see you are interested in our god," he gave Guvvie a thumbs up, "let's talk more about you first, however. A little interview."

The Boss paused as Rojeck inquired about his familiar, "Well, for one, have you figured out its Sealed Form?" He cocked a head to Guvvie, who answered, "A sealed form is something that Senesus could form into. It can be a disguise, it can turn into something that resembles an animal or an inanimate object, and would help conceal him, in case you need to travel." This might explain why Rojeck did not see Guvvie's Sarawanki a lot, it might be in its sealed form. "It will be very easy for your Sarawanki, morphing would be effortless."

"Well if that ith so Rojeck," Senesus brightly called, "I can really try to transform into anything anything at all I can disguise for you so that I will not always have to be a great big ball." On and on it enthusiastically mumbled, trying to impress Rojeck, perhaps to apologize for its untoward behavior earlier.

"Intimidating it through the bond may work, but remember to always have firm authority."
The Boss said, "Do not give in to its whims, and treat it as a subordinate." He repeated for emphasis, "Always treat it as a subordinate. And make sure, that it is your subordinate. Control of it is not something I can teach you, it is something you will have to learn for yourself. Although... power may give you the ability to emphasize who's the Boss." He smiled and nodded his head. "Uldr is not like your usual god who sends you off with the same power he gave the one before you. I like him in that aspect. He gifts his Gnosis and provides his discipline the kind of power it needs or wants. Of course, those who seek to spread undeath and please him by practicing total obedience may get additional rewards... Sometimes when you ask for something, he asks you to pay with equal value. Even if I am his priest, he does not always tell me his reasons. Knowing what I know, however, I can say that he might not always be fair, and for that I hate him... but this hate is channeled into doing deeds worthy of his name. If you think about it, he craves worship just like any god... only not in the same manner that others do. So, I would have to say, he wishes for loyalty than anything else. And if you strike a bargain with him, make sure that you will be honest in fulfilling it. No deity wants a half-hearted follower. Those have dire consequences."

"Hmm hmm I assume it ith my turn to speak now Rojeck thince you've done all this planning and talking and talking without consulting me you know this god business is really worrisome cauth I don't really understand what's going on and you did not really help a lot with your very short explanation. How would this god give us power and in what form where is he cause I don't see any god I just see this Nuit who is friendly but actually talks scary-like and I fear him so much unlike you he is powerful so is he a god and what is a priest?" It paused, barraging him with its complaints, "So far you done nothing buth tell me I muth follow you follow you or you kill me kill us you say empty threats and attempt to appear strong and powerful but you aren't and I doubt this god can even help us you know I am really dithapppointed cauth you did not say anything about gods or payments when you made me your familiar because if you said so at first then I would have understood immediately and I did not need to have panicked and attacked these weird people who might be thinking of killing us I was only trying to protect you and you get angry like and scold me a lot so I'm not saying sorry for my actions because if you really think you are my master I have no problem with it as long as you act the part and teach me about Mizahar and these gods and power and show me the water around Sahova." If anything, Rojeck noticed that his familiar's speech was starting to improve. Perhaps it was slowly learning the language he used just by listening to him speak. Before he proceeded with his plans, it appears that he must talk more to his familiar and quell its doubts.

After Master and Familiar finished talking, the Boss smiled and waved Guvvie goodbye. He turned to Rojeck, "For all your conversation about seeking power and turning Mizahar into aworld full of undead, I would gladly request my god to appear. Your intentions and motives appeal to me, just as they would appeal to Uldr. Do you wish to accept him?"

OOCYou may decide Senesus' sealed form :)
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on September 12th, 2010, 5:57 am

Rojeck listened to the "Boss" speaking to him and and nodded as he spoke of an "interview" so to speak. So far the "Boss" did all the speaking and he was doing a lot of listening and Senesus..oh how it was beginning to get on his nerves he was tempted to Void the damn thing before the Bond became so powerful that he might not be able to, this thing was not what he needed to gain power, it argued with him and oh how it complained it seemed like he could never please the petching thing no matter what he did. It was definitely NOT like Lyderia, he needed some magic that made him a force to be feared and respected.

He finally turned to the "Boss " and saidFor the past 100 years I have always done what I said I would and obeyed whatever was needed to be obeyed. I keep my bargains as long as Uldr keeps his. I can understand not being fair.life and unlife are not often fair> I can give my loyalty. However 'm not sure Senesus can., let me talk to it, convince it that Uldr is in its best interest.

He nodded at them both and saidIt seems to be any container...we are working on a waterskin. it dies fairly well for having been a Mizaharan so short a time.

He turned to Senesus who gave him this wonderful monologue about how he was essentially nothing compared to it and how he should have told it everything. He sighed and spoke to it
Well Senesus, I haven't had the chance to speak to you about my plans although I'm not entirely sure I should since you have your own mind already made up about what Im going to do, perhaps I should just leave you in the dark. No that wouldn't work because you'd get me into more trouble if I didn't tell you anything.

He really wanted to Void the damn thing and find another, but Rohgon's words about being a superior wizard rang in his head and he quelled those thoughts. He went on to speak.

This Nuit is a priest of Uldr, think of him as Uldr's voice in this realm so that Uldr doesn't have to waste his time coming in person to every undead for every little thing. Uldr has powers beyond anything you have seen here, a god controls his realm and makes it what he wants it to be, they can destroy worlds with a simple word or gesture. If we please them they can grant us some of their power. That should interest you since you love power as much as I do Senesus. I did not mention things like gods because at the time I was not thinking we would encounter any so soon, you have so much to learn I did not wish to start out with the hard stuff first.
I told you from the start that you would have to learn when to attack and when not to and that I was a good guide..so far you have not been killed. I admit Guvronsek stirred you up a lot, but he has taught us much as well. I have the power to summon others and though I may not have power now, I'm looking for it and when I find it if you want any of it you had better start obeying me.
I made you promises and you made some to me, so far I have yet to see any of your promises either, you promised to obey me and yet you attacked with no provocation when I told you not to do that. Right now I'm pretty disappointed in you Senesus as well. As a Familiar you are not taking to your role very well, you must obey me in order to learn you promised me you would do this so don't talk to me about disappointment. Why should I fulfill my promise to let you see and be around water when you don't keep your own promise to obey?

he looked at the Sarawanki and said, "My mother and Lyderia had an agree ment and I knew about it even if I did not understand how they came about it. Lyderia obeyed her and in return Mother shared with her her secrets and the things Lyderia wanted to know. You and I had the same agreement but yet you have broken it whenever it suits you, in Mizahar when you break an agreement it costs you. This time I'm going to let you off with a warning, next time you fail to obey me it will cost you and I really don't care if you believe me or not.
We can be friends but you must do as I say, in return I wont ask you to die or be hurt unless you want to do that for me. I also will teach you whatever you want to know..as long as you obey me when I need you to.

He said againNow if you want power then Uldr is the way to go. He is my father in more ways than he who brought about my birth into life. He has the power to create Nuits and others who have escape death. With him there will be no death for me ..or you. Wouldn't you like that Senesus? I know he will want payment for anything he grants me..do you understand that the more power he grants us the more he expects from us. I will become his servant and you will be mine..as it should be. In return I get power and will pass power down to you, its that simple.

His speech finished he turned to the "Boss" and saidI wish to meet with Uldr and discuss with him his expectations of me and to pledge my allegiance to him...I think Senesus would agree. Right Senesus?
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Panna Cotta on September 22nd, 2010, 2:32 pm

"Obey no no Rojeck Senesus did not make any promith to obey but I hear you and understand remember though I can feel you and you can feel me," It talked incessantly, hovering in front of him, showing Rojeck its full size as if threatening. "we are one and your thoughts are my thoughts and your feelings are my feelings." Control. For the bond to work it was necessary for one to work over the other. The familiar-owner and the familiar cannot share the power over the bond. Having a familiar was the true test of wit, manipulation, and strength. Rojeck would have to face this eventually. "I can hear your thoughts your threats the bond is weak but you have no power over me Rojeck words what are words they hold no sway!!" It glimmered and quelled down into a tinier water globe.

There was anger flaring through the bond. Rojeck and Senesus still had a long way to go as companions, and they surely needed more time to warm up with each other. It listened quietly, grunting - if it can be called that! - every now and then to Rojeck's lecture. A feeling of apathy was seeping through the bond, Senesus was no longer listening to Rojeck. There was all talk of power, all talk of threats, all talk of forced submission, but there was no action. No proof, so to speak.

Power was enticing to the familiar. Rojeck felt strong anticipation burst forth from the connection. "You need power and I need power the more powerful we are the better protagonists we shall be we can create the best story of all time Rojeck let us meet Uldr maybe he will put some strength into you after all."

With both master and familiar agreeing to the offer, the Boss started to convulse. In one blink, he disappeared and in his stead was a young pale boy, hair as black as the night, wearing expensive regal clothes of a different age of antiquity. He looked like he didn't belong here, in an otherworldly sense. Uldr, the god of undeath, had the appearance of a very young kid whose eyes were round and black highlighted by a reddish hue. He looked melancholy as he approached Rojeck and Senesus.

And then there was darkness. It was not the visual absence of light, but rather an emotional bleakness. The nearer Uldr came to the duo of Rojeck and Senesus, the bond between familiar and master became more pronounced... pronounced in the sense that they could freely witness each other's disdain. The hatred was so vivid, it consumed both of them for a short period of time.

"A pleasure to meet you, Rojeck," The young boy politely bowed. He carried a certain aristocracy about him. Uldr straightened up, and Rojeck could see that Guvronsek had thrown himself on the floor. The boy paid no attention to this. Instead, the god smiled at him sheepishly. "I am known as Uldr, god of undeath. It is a delight to meet you and the one you despise the most." He was referring to Senesus, of course. "The bond you share is a very lovely ember of affection." He sighed dreamily, and the bond faded into the background, losing its malicious vibrancy.

Uldr stepped closer and lifted an arm. He signaled Rojeck to come closer. He tip-toed and whispered to the Nuit's ear, "I am in the understanding that my disciples were eager to bring you into my embrace. However, I would not impose such slavery on somebody;s will. What I would like to know is the reason why you are in need of my assistance. Please, do tell."
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Rojeck Harl on September 25th, 2010, 10:35 pm

Rojeck was simply tired of arguing with Senesus about things which he really wasn't going to have any choice about and especially since the petching thing could do him no harm without harming itself he had no fear of it and this showed through the bond as well as his own apathy to Senesus demands and insults. It swelled up and threatened him and his reaction was the equivalent of a bored yawn.

Don't bother Senesus, you don't intimidate me. You harm me you will harm yourself, you kill me you kill yourself and that you won't do so go ahead if you think you are big enough to take the damage you do to me on yourself. If my words hold no sway then do it..attack me. I need no other power over you Senesus, you will eventually obey simply because if you don't I get hurt or killed and the same happens to you. If you want proof of that go ahead..attack me.

His apathy and hatred of the big Sarawanki were apparent in both the bond and his voice in so short a time he had gone from trying to bribe it to not caring much at all since it would not calm down. He also began pulling djed from the bond trying to weaken it by depleting its supply without hurting himself simply to make his point that he too controlled the bond. He was simply firm in his assertions that he was not going to be controlled by Senesus in any way

He felt it also go apathetic toward him and he smiled as it would learn its lessons in time in fact he went over to the lights and began to extinguish them one by one just to get the big guys attention his thrill at the Sarawanki's anxiety toward the growing darkness was evident through the bond

Do I have your attention yet Senesus? I made it clear your continued disobedience and aggression would cost you, I wanted to be friends but you wont allow that so be it. he waited till the big fellow was thoroughly upset before he stopped..if he begged for light all the better.

He took control in ways that Senesus understood, by self preservation. He eventually reignited the lights and listened to Senesus as it talked of power and maybe that getting some would improve him and Senesus.

I meant what I said Senesus. I wont share any power I get with you unless you obey me. I wont show you water unless you obey me, its that simple. I agree though that we should be protagonists, we are beings meant for power but I must be the Master if that is the way is must be. If that is so then we shall create stories that you will be proud to tell

He watched as the "Boss" began to convulse once he ad Senesus agreed to meet Uldr, it was fascinating to watch as if the god were transforming the "Boss". And in a blink there was no more "Boss" there was a boy, this boy was pale, with hair as black as the night and eyes as black as the void with red highlights, he was dressed as royalty from a different age. All the while it was clear that he didn't belong here and he cast a melancholy look upon the duo as he approached them.

Suddenly there was an emotional darkness blacker than any physical darkness, it consumed them both and then the purity of their hatred for each other was evident, at last Rojeck knew Senesus true feelings toward him, the betrayal he felt for promises broken and Senesus felt Rojeck's deep disdain for his disobedience and superiority complex it was as if the hatred made them clean and pure for only that moment. At last Rojeck found what he needed to take the control over Senesus he wanted, he had to hate him enough to make him submit. He had power for the first time since the thing came here and he was enjoying it.

Guvronsek was on his face prostrated before Uldr and Rojeck really felt he should do the same, but something within him told him that groveling really wouldn't improve his situation so he stood to face the god the first god he had ever seen in the flesh, he could feel the power that Uldr had, power he wanted, power that would never be shared with him and he hated Uldr for that and at the same time he was delighted to meet his father at last..his true father.

The god spoke to him and his voice carried the aristocracy that his physical appearance had. He bowed politely and respectfully before he spoke

The pleasure is mine Uldr, it is a pleasure to meet my true father at last, I have known for a long time that you gave the secret of creating Nuits to the Animators so you are my father in the truest sense of the word. he grunted at Senesus and said It is the hate that makes us strong. I gladly hate him for it is affection in its own way and his hatred for me is like a hot drink on a cold day.

He listened to Uldr speak of being his disciple and when he did he spoke of slavery and that caused him to bristle a bit, but power had its price and Uldr had all he could stand. The Nuit spoke.

I'm understanding a bit about what it is to be the superior species on this world the living hate us for our superiority, we evade Dira and that infuriates them. They refuse to submit to the inevitable that they must either serve us or become us, I want to be able to prove our superiority, I want to make the living pay for not accepting their true Masters. However you said something about being your disciple is slavery, what exactly does that mean father, before I agree to serve you I want to know that one thing.

He waited for Uldr's response
Rojeck Harl
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next