Completed [Jungle Wilds] Destined Encounter (Evalin)

Subordination through hatred. Forceful bonds created in acrimony. The crimson fire burning in spite.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

[Jungle Wilds] Destined Encounter (Evalin)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on January 26th, 2014, 3:46 pm

The Jungle Wilds, 22nd of Bell, 50th of Winter 513 A.V

It was another cold and humid night within the tropical jungles of Falyndar, unaffected by the reign of Winter Goddess, a place where the strong preyed upon the weak, where might means right. In this particular night, a duo of humanoid beings could be seen trudging through the thick vegetation, when from afar, common men would gawk at the sight of two seemingly young child promenading in the jungle like it was everyday activity for them. Upon closer inspection however, one could see that these two 'children' were more than meets the eye. One child had pale skin and long black hair tied into twin girlish pigtails, but her eyes held her true nature, two scarlet reptilian slits showed her heritage as a member of the feared serpentine race, the Dhani. Though young-looking, the serpent-girl was over a century old, far older than most humans could achieve. Immense elemental power combined with her immunity to the harming property of flames she wielded were unexpected from a body as small as hers, one would usually expect the power to create a sea of flames was reserved for ancient, powerful, beings.

If a traveller shuddered in fear upon the wrongness of the serpent girl, then surely he would lose his soul out of sheer terror upon witnessing the truth of the other girl, the ancient being in the form of a smaller girl walking beside the Viper, who held power and experience beyond comprehension of simple men. She went by many names, The Darkness Between The Stars, the Immortal Witch, the One Who Defies Fate, but she was called by a simple name... the name which struck fear into the hearts of men, that name was... "Evalin," The scarlet-eyed serpent girl, Aka, looked to her right, her right hand grasping Evalin's left as they came upon a clearing in the thick jungle, the moonlight shining upon their pale skin.

Aka slowly released Evalin's hand and flicked one of her ponytails, before suddenly embracing the Nuit girl in a tight hug, the force almost throwing both of them out of balance. "Sssehehe~" She hissed lovingly, an attitude currently reserved for her precious dolls, Evalin even more as she went together with Aka through fire and blood, decimating Myrians time and time again. "You know, we have been patrolling for a while and... sssince I sssee no Myriansss around here, how about we take a ressst?" The serpent girl rubbed her own cheek against Evalin's cold one, she didn't care if the Nuit's body was a walking corpse, Aka was cold-blooded, at least before she was marked by Ivak, and wasn't a stranger to coldness. Also, Evalin was different from other Nuits like Galbern, she was stronger, faster, and had the ability to transform into a hauntingly beautiful beast of elegance and fury. After the embrace, Aka walked to the clearing's center, each step reflecting her joy. Mamoru might have disappeared, off to some land unknown, but she had Evalin, she didn't need anyone else.

The Viper in human form sat down on the ground and her right hand reached out, with just a push of her mind, gaseous reddish substance hissed out from the eye-shaped scar on her palm. Aka's res covered her own hand, down to her wrist, then her mind willed the res to ignite. Slitted eyes watched in awe as the flames licked harmlessly on her pale skin, the blessing from Ivak keeping her safe. Aka opened her palm and let the fiery child embraced its mother's hand.

God Ivak, I... I thank you for watching me, keeping me safe. She prayed in her mind, Aka was never a religious sort until that fateful encounter, so her prayer was full of pauses as she contemplated words fitting for the God of Flames. Uh, I know you are there, I know you hear me... w-well, I... I just... t-that's all really! She made an embarrassed smile, Evalin must be wondering why her Mistress was behaving like a fool. "It'sss nothing, I wasss jussst thinking sssome... ssstuffs to God Ivak. Nothing big." She even surprised herself, after so long, so many years, Aka could finally act true to her feelings, unhindered by imaginary walls she erected to defend herself, acting cold and brash in an attempt to escape her insecurities. No judging eyes of those humans, no stares of apathy from Galbern, no scorn and ridicule from Constrictors, no unrequited love from Mamoru, it was just her and Evalin. With a flick of her fingers, the flames on her hand left their presence in the form of smokes, she then motioned for Evalin to come. "Why don't you sssit here?" Aka patted the ground beside her "Ehehe~ Mistress' Ordersss~".

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on February 6th, 2014, 7:54 pm

The light of a shimmering moon lit the path somewhat for the two as they made their way through the dense jungles. Evalin waisted few thoughts in the moment, for her mind was working on a more pressing concern which could not be ignored.

My dear Tsenrika... The time has come, I must be rid of this vessel soon. I can feel the rot approaching, and be damned this jungle for even in the season of winter its humidity claws at my decaying flesh with no less fury.

The cold voice of her Familiar filled the nuit's mind, a balming agent at most times yet now it did little to ease her nerves, Then time it is for change. Let it be soon, for even as we are I can feel the need to switch growing nearer. Seek you a new body soon, or fear I what will come of us.

Evalin nodded, and such was her distraction that she almost did not notice when Aka requested they pause for a rest. The hug, however, was enough to cause Evalin to blink and come back to the present. She looked without understanding at Aka for a tick or two before recognition lighted in her eyes once more and she said quickly, "As my Mistress desires."

Following Aka to her resting spot Evalin remained standing in silence during the whole of the Dhani's display of fire. Tilting her head to once side Evalin watched as the flames licked but did not burn the girl's skin, and as usually a small spark of envy lit within her chest at the ability, but quickly it was banished.

Such is the power of her God that protects her from the flames, and nothing of it comes of her own volition. She reminded herself. As she was commanded Evalin came to sit beside Aka, and not a word of the past display left the nuits lips. If anything Evalin knew the need for ritual practices, and be it far from her to judge the girl on her actions.

Shifting herself and folding her legs beneath her body in as lady like a fashion as she could manage on the jungle floor, Evalin carefully laid her staff across her knees and rested her hands on top of it. Her fingers absently traced a few of the characters carved into the items surface, her eyes distant and thoughtful. When she spoke her voice was soft, and straight to the point, "My Mistress... I cannot exist in the vessel for much longer. Soon I must find a replacement, or I will wither away and rot to nothing." Blunt and without a hint of sugar coating Evalin spoke the truth for one of the few times since she met the Dhani Sorceress. It was an odd feeling, to be truthful with a tool,yet still the times called for it
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on February 8th, 2014, 9:19 am

While Nuit stayed silent, the normally hyperactive Viper would do something unexpected, calmly gazing at the night sky through the lack of foliage above the particular clearing, she started to hum a tune, occasionally giggling to herself, being with her loved one revealed the tender side of the haughty Viper. After a few moments, Evalin was the one who broke the silence, requesting the Viper for a body replacement, Aka turned her gaze to her servant, a neutral expression on her face for a couple of ticks, before suddenly perking up as if remembering about a Nuit's need for body surfing,

"Oh! Haha, sssorry, I didn't catch what you mean, don't worry, I know... I know about it..." Her voice trailed off at the end, lack of knowledge caused her to accidentally interrupt Galbern's transfer ritual and it costed his life, an unnecessary death due to a foolish blunder. It was in the past, she wouldn't repeat the same mistake, Aka stood up and stretched her arms, her slitted eyes scanning their surroundings, "You need a good body, right? Hmmm..." A thought crossed her mind, they could take one of the caged slaves in Zinrah, but they were most likely in a sorry state, she didn't want her doll to turn from a cute girl into a decrepit weakling, killing one of her kin was out of the question, so the last option she could think of was... "Let's find sssome Myriansss, knock one of them out, and uh... you do what you do, okay?" She gestured for Evalin to stand up, "Let'sss go, we ssshould find them easssily, thossse monkeysss are endless," The Viper's lithe feet then began moving, with her arms leisurely clasped behind her head.

"Evalin," As they walked, Aka abruptly turned around and walked backwards, her eyes scanning the Nuit girl, true to what she said, signs of rot and blemishes could be seen marring her features, the girl still looked pretty, Aka figured Eva played safe, waiting until her body utterly rotted would be dangerous, but... there was an issue, "If you change bodiesss, you wouldn't appear cute and sssmall anymore..." She didn't hide her slight disappointment, she loved Evalin for what she was, but a hulking male Myrian doll wasn't exactly pleasing to her eyes, "Myriansss are big and tall, even their femalesss, kinda like my giant cousinsss ssso... can you do sssomething about it?" If Eva couldn't, then the Viper would have to begrudgingly accept Eva was still Eva, tall or not.

Aka turned her back, slowing down her steps so Evalin could catch up and walk beside her, "I think..." She squinted her slitted eyes, a flash of orange in the distance, multiple flashes to be exact, "thossse are torchesss, hehe, we found them..."

OOCThis time, you can describe the d Myrian group, Eva! Since you have special plans for them. :D

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on February 9th, 2014, 3:49 am

So it seems it was a simple matter of asking. Let it be noted for a future that may well come again. Evalin thought as she stood to follow Aka, The girl truly is quite indulging of my needs.

Well be that for you, for think of the trouble it would come to should she resist such a base need of your kind. The way the familiar said 'need' turned the corners of Evalin's lips down in a slight frown, Be this not of my control... yet still well enough we make of it despite the limitations it might pose.

Of truth you speak. Tsenrika agreed.

Evalin walked with her staff clutched in hand, eyes staring ahead while her mind twisted over some thought or another, but of course the girl did have the odd habbit of breaking the nuit's quiet musings. Thus it was that Evalin once more brought her attention back to the Dhani as she was posed a rather odd question. At first Evalin wanted to sneer, and simply state that there was nothing to be done about it. That cruel part of her black heart begged for it just to see the look of disapointement on the Dhani's face. Yet still that little part of her held back. That chill in her soul, that shard of ice that penetrated her core, placed there by Tsenrika no less, held her in check with a quiet reminder that it was best to stay within the good graces of this would be Mistress. For the time being at least.

The nuit nodded her head, the lie springing to her lips as naturally as any spell, "Those of my kind can, on rare occasions, enact their will upon the vessel they inhabit. Sometimes we may change it slightly to better fit our preferences, but often the time and energy it requires is more trouble than it is worth thus we often choose not to. For my mistress, however, I shall take the time and alter this body to better fit her preferences." Evalin smiled, trying to put some kind of reasurance into her expression, though that was one face she had only on rare occassions crafted.

Evalin saw the torches as well, just a tick or two before Aka herself. In that moment Evalin reached up and touched the gem about her neck, Go my dear Tsenrika, and see that which I cannot. and from her neck the gem rose, coming loose of Evalin's neck and as it fell it shifted to the form of the rounded sphere. Stepping up beside Aka, Evalin pulled her cloak about her, leaning on her staff and squinting in the dark just as her Mistress did, "Indeed mistress it seems we have." The Familiar was already high among the trees, on his way to see just what was before them.

It was then that Evalin found an idea forming, and she smiled to herself, a bit impressed with her own cleaverness. If Aka made forward Evalin would raise a hand to carefully touch the girl's shoulder, speaking softly, "My Mistress, please but one moment." If the Dhani stopped Evalin would close her eyes, pressing fingers to her forehead as her grip tightened on her staff. A slow smile of triumph lit her features as she blinked her eyes open, looking at Aka, "My Mistress... My time with you has been of the greatest pleasure. When you found me I was so very weak, in body and soul, without purpose. I had lost my strength, but now... With you beside me my power is returning, if only a little bit at a time." She paused, shaking her head, "Forgive me Mistress for I must make little sense. Please, allow me to show you."

Straightening her back Evalin would wrap both hands around her staff, closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath. Within her mind she let the bond between her and Tsenrika strengthen, and then where she once saw only darkness her vision was filled with light. She could see the world from a vantage high above, from the sight of an Irylid. The world was brighter, more vibrant than ever it could have been with her own eyes. She could see everything, in ever direction in perfect detail. Evalin could not help but smile broadly as she began to describe to Aka what she saw.

"There are only four of them, three female and one male. They all carry swords and daggers, though the weapons themselves are in ill repair." Her brow furrowed in concentration, "Of the three women, only one is ideal. She is young, just over the crest of womanhood. Inexperienced, unlike the rest... Perhaps it is her first patrol." Evalin opened her eyes, letting her bond with Tsenrika lessen as she turned her eyes to Aka, "The body must be preserved for the ritual, and she must take as little damage as possible. Mistress perhaps we can lure her away from the others and capture her before seeing to her companions?" The strategy was phrased as a question, though Evalin sincerely hoped that the Dhani would come to a similar conclusion. Evalin did not want to harm her new vessel before she had even aquired it.

OOCThis should be fun ^.^. Oh and Tsenrika would have shifted and flown out of sight while Aka was busy squinting at the torches, and while Evalin was coming up beside her to block him from view with her cloak as she drew the girl's attention as well ^.^.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on February 9th, 2014, 7:10 pm

Aka was pleased to hear Evalin's reveal of her race's power, it appeared Nuits had the ability to alter their physical traits, apparently on lesser scales compared to the Dhani, but still, the Viper pondered Eva's words, what she meant by her 'kind', was it all Nuits or just her kind of 'Nuits'? The ones who were ancient and held powerful abilities such as her majestic beast form, Aka took the middle path, as their power grew, the more drastic a Nuit could alter its body.

Of course, Eva would give it her all to her mistress, but the Viper didn't want the doll to push herself lest she damaged herself, the image of Evalin's finger falling off from her hand made her shudder, "Very well, but be very careful, I don't want my cute doll to be hurt, okay?" Her right hand reached out to caress Evalin's neck.

That aside, they still had to acquire a body, Aka turned her gaze back to the floating orange lights in the distance, she took a step forward but stopped herself when she felt Evalin's dead hand on her shoulder, "Okay, what isss it?" The Viper asked in curiosity, turning her gaze to the doll, what appeared before her vision made Aka raise an eyebrow, Evalin seemed to be in deep thought, but her eyes suddenly opened and she spoke as if they were going to separate; fortunately, it didn't turn out like that, Eva was simply thanking Aka for what she had done, the Viper replied with a sincere smile, "Hehe, of courssse, my doll, I ssshall wait".

True to her words, Aka lingered in silence, her slitted eyes fixed on the Nuit, eager to see the result of whatever she was doing, "That'sss... amazing, how did you do that?" Not only her explanation was thorough, she even described their genders, weapons, and the quality of those weapons. It didn't end there, Eva could spot an ideal target among those Myrian women, she did that while closing her eyes, what manner of magic was it? "I underssstand, we'll capture her... but tell me, Evalin, what magic did you use to sssee sssuch detailsss, with your eyesss closssed?" She was curious, very curious, Aka would wait until Evalin gave a satisfying explanation before continuing with the hunt.

"Alright, let'sss lure her out... or..." Aka gave Evalin a devilish smirk as a sinister idea popped in her mind, something she had never try before. Yes, she would capture the Myrian girl, pluck her out of her group, bringing herself as a gift for Evalin. Aka's smirk turned into a grin, revealing her white teeth as she suddenly started to undress, removing her sash and simple black robe then folding them neatly, offering it to Eva, "Hold my clothesss, I'll get her for you..." Then, she began transforming to her snake form, her hair receding into her head as crimson scales with black spots spawned from her pale skin, her arms fused into her torso and her legs merged into a tail, Aka's face turned from humanoid to serpentine. Thirty ticks later, a crimson viper the size of a cobra replaced the small girl, with a hiss, Aka slithered off into the Myrian group.

With her small body covered by the darkness and thick vegetation, it would be hard pressed for the Myrians to detect her, especially the young one, Aka used her heat-vision and keen sense of smell to locate their exact location, the vibrations caused by their footsteps also helped her. The Viper approached the group from the left side, they were heading away from Evalin's location, with their target walking at the back, excellent.

The Viper in snake form pulled at her djed, she opened her jaw as gaseous reddish res flowed out from her mouth. The res seeped into the ground as they slithered towards her target, the young Myrian girl, due to Aka's mastery, her res control extended to as far as she could see, she felt the pieces of her soul pooling under the girl's feet, forming into a tube-shaped thick concentration of gas, then suddenly... Aka transformed the ground where the girl stood into air. The Myrian girl suddenly lost her footing as the ground beneath her literally disappeared into thin air, she abruptly fell into the ground. Before she could even scream for help, gas quickly filled the hole and thick amounts of dirt closing her only escape route. Alright... now for the rest, I don't need you, monkeysss... She only needed the girl, the rest could just drop dead like the pests they were.

OOCI'll let you play the Myrian group and their reactions, Eva! :D

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on February 11th, 2014, 2:57 am

Was it truly so simple? A few words and the lies wove themselves into a tapestry that would serve Evalin's purpose, a weave that laid out for the Nuit many paths for which she could follow. Thus it was that the next words came that much easier, rolling from her tongue like water droplets from the morning mist over the leaves of the wakening green, "It is an art more ancient than I. More ancient than most that reside in this world. Remember you well the lessons I have spoken of, of calm composure?" Evalin smiled, everything beginning to fall into place, "With the quieting of the mind and the ranging emotions within comes a clarity, and more can be seen and felt and heard than ever before. It is a simple concept, yet so few may master it. As of yet I have only met a very select few who could do as I can do." This was in part true, and the images of the child mage and the boy who would change the world came to mind. Evalin once more nodded to Aka, "When first we met my mind and soul were filled with such raging and twisted emotions and horrid torments that my sight was clouded. Now, with my Mistress, I have no such troubles any longer and once more I can see." And again, not a total lie. It seemed that the Witch was beginning to tell far more half truths tan fanciful fictions.

Accepting the clothes from Aka Evalin bowed her head, "Mistress you are too kind. I do not wish to cause you any trouble, so please use me as you will." Then she smiled to the girl, fixing some kind of gratitude on her lips until the girl had disappeared into the underbrush.

Closing her eyes once more, Evalin pulled on the bond between her and Tsenrika, looking through his eyes to watch what came next. As she did she could feel the Familiar's own thoughts pressing upon her consciousness, Be mindful. The more webs you spin the more likely you are to be caught within the strands.

Worry you not my dear Tsenrika. All is well, and shall I be more mindful in future times. Still, you may admit it that it was to our advantage to lay out this deceit. Now she holds some awe for her slave and lover, all the while believing this power is hers through the loyalty I hold for her.

Ever so... but wonder I now how this loyalty will be tested.

Through the eyes of the Irylid, who followed overhead behind the group, Evalin watched as the ground beneath the girl vanished and she fell through. Just as she lost her footing however she let out the smallest of yelps, a reaction due to the surprise of the situation and unavoidable. When the 3 remaining turned back though the girl was gone, and no sign of where she had been. The male quickly drew his sword, a large two handed thing, slashing at the underbrush as he headed back the way they had come. The women flanked him on either side, staying several arm lengths apart and just a few steps back. Weapons were in their hands, a bend in their knees and their eyes were alert. One of the women called out in the Myrian tongue, most likely calling for the girl who had suddenly vanished. They were set on edge now, and dangerous because of it.

OOCOK! Initial reaction laid out! Evalin and Tsenrika will continue to watch unless the situation dictates otherwise ^.^
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on February 11th, 2014, 2:47 pm

The first phase of her plan worked perfectly, her target was captured, now she was going to have some fun with the rest of the little group. Her slitted eyes watched as the male took the front, slashing at the underbrush in vain, Aka was nowhere even close to their location, separated by about twenty feet to their side. These brutish warriors had no idea what they were facing, an over-a-century old master reimancer Dhani. Aka could just kill them with the her fire as usual, launching a large sphere of flame, exploding their puny bodies to pieces, but that wouldn't be fun, Evalin was watching after all, she wanted to amuse her doll, to show the Ancient Sorceress just what she could do.

Speaking about Evalin, Aka made a mental note to ask more about her clairvoyance ability, she said only select fews could do it, Aka was confident she was one of those select few, Dhani were a glorious race, there was nothing they could not achieve. Imagine, she could see something far beyond her field of vision, combined with her reimantic powers, her enemies would die even before they prepared themselves to fight. Evalin would teach her, there was no way she would refuse, Aka owned her.

Back to the matter at hand, Aka's mind pondered for a few ticks as she watched the Myrians, calling for the missing comrade with their repulsive guttural language, so savage, so uncouth, the Viper had enough of them polluting the very air with their sound. She lowly hissed, relishing in the pleasure of casting, manipulating the Djed inside to create more res, thicker and much more abundant than previously, the gaseous res split into two parts, one part traveling under the ground, and the other floating through the air, they silently made their way to the Myrian group.

Once there, she commanded the ground-bound res to shape a large circle with the Myrians inside its area, simultaneously willing the air res to cover the are in a dome-shaped concentration of gaseous res. The process was swift, by the time the Myrian realized something was off, Aka hissed and with a combination of attraction and transmutation, sprung her trap, a sturdy dome-shaped earthen cage. The Myrians shouted in surprise, their cries were muffled as the dome covered everything around them, complete and utter darkness as Leth's light was denied from them.

They tried to attack the walls, but their bone weapons were of little use against the earth, the Viper hissed in delight as observed the Myrians' struggle through her heat-vision, she could just leave them there, let them slowly suffocate, but she was a kind mistress, she wouldn't prolong their suffering. Aka raised her head, commanding her res to seep into the dome, then she ignited them all into flames, turning the dome into a giant furnace. Her heat-vision flared as fire completely filled the dome, burning all within it, the Myrians' fate were sealed.

Now, she had to return to her doll, bringing her gift, Aka located the trapped Myrian girl through her heat-vision, she was curled up inside the ground, starting to suffocate due to the lack of air, poor girl. Aka idly exhumed more gaseous res, just enough to cover the ground around the girl, she made a small miza-sized opening on the ground, allowing the girl to get some much needed air, her sharp intake of breath was like music to Aka's ears. With a will of her mind, the Viper uprooted the girl along with the earth around her, a tube-shaped earthen cage was created, with the Myrian girl inside of course. Let's go back~ hissing in delight, Aka slithered back to Evalin, the earthen tube rolling beside her.

"I'm here, Eva~ did you like the ssshow? Here, I bring you a presssent!" The Viper hissed in snake-tongue as she arrived, momentarily forgetting that Eva couldn't understand her. "Oh, sssilly me, wait a chime, my doll." with her mission successful, Aka began transforming back to her human form, her body grew as arms spawned from her sides, her tail splitting into two legs, long black hair spawning from her as it turned from serpentine to humanoid, the crimsons scales receded back into pale skin, all in the span of thirty ticks.

"Ah, that wasss fun!" She cracked her neck, combining the pleasure of both casting and transforming. The clothless Dhani took back her clothes from Eva then easily put them on, also tying her long hair back into their signature twin ponytails. She snapped the fingers on her right hand, the earthen tube rolling to Evalin, with another finger snap, the tube cracked open, revealing the dazed Myrian girl, dirty and disoriented from the constant rolling, but mostly unharmed otherwise. "Oooh, wait, gotta ressstrain her~" At her command, her res moved to bind the girl's wrists and ankles together through earthen cuffs, "There, all done, my gift to you," Aka repeated what Evalin taught her about ancient customs, an elegant bow with her right hand just under her chest, "My doll Evalin".

OOCFeel free to do what you want with her, Aka will be just watching with great interest. :D

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on February 11th, 2014, 4:53 pm

She is effective. Tsenrika said, hovering back toward his Master, If it were ever to come to a confrontation my Master should avoid such traps as the girl seems to enjoy caging her prey before reducing it to ash. He paused as he floated down to Evalin's outstretched hand, Or kill her before she has the chance.

Evalin smiled and nodded, grasping the Familiar as he once more returned to his sealed form, Indeed... Let us see to it that it never comes to a direct confrontation. Even I question the likelihood of victory given the odds in a face to face confrontation. She returned him to his place around her neck, letting the gem fall under the neck of her robes before the snake slithered forward with her gift in tow. When she had changed to her human form Evalin would offer the girl her clothes and then step back to admire the gift. An amused smile lit the Nuit's lips at the courtly bow she was given, and Evalin looked up at Aka, "My Mistress learns quickly. You are soon to be the picture of courtly grace and composure." Then those eyes of red turned on the Myrian, and she stepped closer to crouch over her, "This is a wondrous gift Mistress. Forever shall I be grateful to you."

Standing slowly Evalin looked around before catching Aka's gaze once more, "The ritual is best done in a secure location where I might not be disturbed before the process is finished. Can we take the vessel to your cavern, or should we find someplace close by that is relatively secluded?"

The Myrian began to gain full conscious, and to struggle against her bonds. Without looking Evalin stamped down with the heel of her boot on her throat, glaring into the woman's eyes with her red one's as she hissed in the ancient tongue, "Be still or I will kill you where you lay!"

Though the words could not be understood, the intent of them was clear. This paired with the fury in Evalin's ancient red eyes, and the boot cutting off her air supply, the Myrian stilled, panting desperately to acquire any air at all. Removing her boot Evalin instead pressed the tip of her staff against the woman's chest, more symbolic than actually restraining, though at the moment it was enough to keep the woman quiet and still.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on February 11th, 2014, 7:12 pm

Aka watched in pride as Evalin looked pleased with her little gift, the praise Eva gave her regarding her elegant bow also did not go unnoticed, but the normally rather talkative Viper kept her silence for this one, answering Evalin with a firm nod, she wanted to see how the Nuit would handle the restrained Myrian girl. Eva's request for a safe haven brought some contemplations to the Viper, she wanted Eva to get her body switch done as soon as possible, Zinrah was rather far away considering they had to carry the Myrian girl all the way, on the other hand, the Nuit was right, doing it here out in the open could spell trouble, especially with the risk of another Myrian patrol or dangerous predators.

From her experience with Galbern, she knew Nuits would be helpless during the ritual, a fact she learned too late, she would not repeat Galbern's death in Evalin, she promised herself that. There must be a way to solve both problems at once, then an idea formed in her mind, "Don't worry, we can do it here, I'll make us a sssanctuary," Aka would watch in sadistic glee as Eva coerced the Myrian into silence then she would concentrate, kneeling down with one leg as her right hand grasped the ground, the Viper closed her eyes, deeply immersed in her task.

Res began flowing out from her right palm in the form of reddish gas, Aka hissed in pleasure, her mind urging her to cast more and she would have it no other way, the res kept flowing out from her palm, similar in concentration and amount to create the earthen dome cage, pulling at her djed, some res would begin covering the ground around them in the shape of a circle, some would cover the air in the form of a half-sphere, connecting with the ground res. It was clear the Viper wanted to create the dome cage, but this time, there was a slight alteration, the top of the dome had a fist-sized hole for air circulation, she still needed to breath after all.

Her preparation was complete, Aka clapped her hands together, and began commanding the res to gather earthen materials around her, also assisted by transmutation, the dome was forming, taking in Aka, Eva, and the Myrian, after about ten ticks, they were secluded inside it. It wasn't enough, Aka's concern for Evalin's safety urged her to maximize her efforts. Concentrating anew, she willed her res to slowly sink the dome under the ground, shifting the earth acting as the dome's 'floor'. There were in a clearing and the dome didn't cover any trees so the process went rather smoothly. Gradually, the dome's highest point was on the same level as the jungle floor, with the three girls inside its belly, then Aka finished her work by filling the spaces outside the dome, except the air hole, with dirt through filling it with res then transmuting them.

Now, they were safely hidden under the ground, in a temporary earthen abode created by the Viper, Leth's light poured in through the hole, illuminating the center where the Myrian girl lay, as if spotlighting her for what was to come. "Ha... phew, that wasss good, it felt good," Aka sat down on the ground, wiping the sweat trickling down her forehead, such was the strange property of reimancy, as the body tire, the mind became bolder, urging the mage to cast more and more, but Aka curbed herself of such desire. She focused her mind on Evalin instead, "Ssso, let'sss sssee how will you do it, dear Eva~"

Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on February 12th, 2014, 2:29 am

Evalin watched in silence as the magic worked around her, creating the dome and then sinking them below the ground. The Nuit was impressed, and she looked at Aka with a more appraising eye than usual, "My Mistress never fails... Whenever I believe I have understood the extent of her abilities, once more she proves wrong my measurements." She smiled, "What you have created shall do very nicely."

Evalin turned her eyes down on the Myrian, who still so obediently remained silent. "Now..." Turning so that she could straddle the woman Evalin crouched, pressing her knees to the woman's shoulders and sitting on her chest. The woman struggled then, screaming a moment and trying to throw Evalin off, but the Nuit simply smiled and held a finger to her lips, "Shhhh now it will be OK. It will all be over soon."

Bound as she was the Myrian could not get enough leverage to throw Evalin off, and so the nuit took her time carefully setting her staff down to the side and pressing the palm of her left hand against the Woman's chest. Then she held her right hand over the woman's face, and closing her eyes she pulled upon that power within her, calling gaseous res to swirl from her palm. The Myrian's eyes went wide, and she opened her mouth to scream but suddenly she found the air was ripped out of her lungs, pulled by the res that hovered over her still open mouth. The res swirled to fill the woman's nose and mouth, pulling out the last of the oxygen from the woman's lungs and preventing any more to make it past her lips. The woman struggled, eyes bulging as she thrashed. Her heart beat wildly as she was suffocated. The muscles of her jaw and neck bulged grotesquely and her skin slowly began to change to a blueish tint. All the while Evalin softly whispered soft words, coos of comfort as a mother might a child, and at one point she even gently stroked the girl's cheek. Then, after a prolonged and agonizing struggle, the woman finally stopped moving.

Standing Evalin began to disrobe, removing her clothing and carefully folding it and setting it aside, and then she moved to do the same to the woman. Setting aside her weapons Evalin folded the girl's clothes as well and set them aside. Then she rummaged in the pocket of her robes, and from it she produced a small bottle of ink. It had become habit for Evalin to carry the substance wherever she went, on the off chance she did have to perform some form of glyphing or anything else that required drawing. Using her finger Evalin began to trace swirling patters down the body's arms and legs, over her torso and waist, up and down each thigh and even over her shoulders, up her neck and over her face as well. Once this was completely Evalin took up her staff, using it to draw a large circle around the body itself.

"The ritual is about to begin. When it does please stay outside of the circle, or the process may be broken." Setting the staff down once more Evalin moved to the girl's head. Once there she tilted her chin up, opening the mouth as wide as possible, and then as an almost after thought she shut the still wide eyes of the Myrian before looking at Aka, "My Mistress may wish to turn away... The transfer is not graceful, and I would not wish for my Mistress to think less of me..." In truth she didn't really care, but somehow she thought that the girl would appreciate the simple thought.

Whether Aka decided to turn away or not Evalin would then turn her attention to the task at hand. Leaning farther over the body she would open her mouth, eyes fixed and unseeing. There she would remain motionless for several ticks, but then her whole body would lurch, and with a gagging sound from her mouth would pour a stream of white substance that fell into the open mouth of the new vessel. It was not a steady stream, and it came with more lurching and sounds like someone retching after a bad meal. Most of the liquid made it into the woman's mouth, but some would splash and fall to the ground or onto the cheek or chest of the now dead body. This would continue for several ticks more, almost to a full chime until finally the stream slowed and then stopped. Evalin swayed on all fours, or rather her body did, before she tilted to one side and fell to the ground, limbs sprawled unceremoniously.

Now there lay the vessel that had born the ancient soul of the Witch, cold and motionless, eyes opened and staring but no light of intelligence was left within them. Curiously though, those eyes that had once been red were now a dull brown in color.

The body of the Myrian remained still as well, eyes closed, still warm as the death was still fresh. It would be several chimes then, closing on a bell, before one of the Myrian's fingers would twitch. Then eyes would open, two points of deep red staring up at the ceiling. Turning her new head Evalin looked with a new set of eyes upon the world as she slowly curled her fingers into fists. Sliding her hands over the dirt Evalin slowly raised herself up, blinking slowly and raising her new hands before her eyes, turning them over to examine them. Looking at Aka she would offer a small smile, speaking with a new voice that was deeper, more womanly because of the more mature body itself, "It is complete my Mistress."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next