Open Just my luck....

(Amora) Today isn't Mortas' day...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Just my luck....

Postby Mortas Darkscourge on February 2nd, 2014, 11:02 am

"Why do you care? You just murdered two without blinking.". Mortas sat back, to be honest, he could just kill this dog here and put it out of it's misery, but something about the condescending way the thief looked at him, made him want to show that he had another side. "Honestly? I don't care, but I'd rather only kill two mutts than three.

There was a problem however. The dog was in pain and would most likely bite them or try and squirm away. Turning to the thief he said quickly "We need something to restrain him to make it safe for us to move him, you have anything we could use. As he spoke he extended the rope, tying all it's legs together so it couldn't squirm.

He looked up at the thief, it was clear she didn't trust him, and he didn't trust her. The most likely scenario would be that she would try and steal from his and bolt half-way through. If she did however, she would hear the tortured cries of the dog as she ran away, knowing that the blood of this dog is on her hands. Another thing Mortas noticed were her wounds "You okay to carry the mutt? he said, gesturing lazily at her arm. "Oh yeah, I should probably apologise for that, I'm Mortas by the way" he said as he extended his hand, flashing a grin. The gesture was probably ruined from his blood soaked face but it was worth a shot.
Mortas Darkscourge
Player

Words: 12253
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Just my luck....

Postby Amora Jade on February 2nd, 2014, 11:38 pm

Just as she thought, he admitted he didn't care. It still didn't quite make since to her why on earth he would even bother with the dog at this point, but she didn't need to think about that at the moment. A creature was dying right in front of her and needed help quickly.

Amora knew the man was right when he said the dog might try to bite if they carried him. It was a thought that had actually occurred to her as well. It took her a couple chimes to come up with a solution to their problem.

Amora reached under her coat and unbuckled her belt, then slipped it from it's position within her belt loops. Carefully she approached the canine, having to pull back her hand a couple times quickly so that he didn't bite her. Quickly she cupped her hand over the side of his nose and pressed the other side against the ground to keep him still. Then she slipped the belt underneath her hand and around his nose, gently tightening it enough to keep his jaws closed but not too tight as to suffocate him.

The next thought that occurred to her was the one of carrying the dog. Sure, this one wasn't nearly as big as the alpha, but it still would be pretty heavy.

Amora looked up at the man when he introduced himself, giving him a displeased look. "I don't think we have time for introductions." She tried her best not to be rude to anger him any further so that he wouldn't take it out on her or the dog.

Amora Jade
Pronounced Thief

Words: 165569
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Just my luck....

Postby Mortas Darkscourge on February 6th, 2014, 1:18 pm

As the girl dealt with the dog Mortas couldn't help but appreciate the quick thinking, she was on the other hand being very gentle with it, he hoped that she had tied it tight enough or else one of them was going to regret it, and with rumours of food going off and wounds getting infected, he certainly didn't want a dog bite. The risk of infection was great enough from one of those before recent events!

As she turned away his attempt of being friendly Mortas simply shrugged and looked around. If she didn't want to be friendly that was fine by him, it would just make her life more difficult. Already there were crowds beginning to emerge once more, a couple of hungry ones made a dash for two of the dead dogs, beginning to brawl over them

Bending over Mortas grabbed the hind legs of the dog, he certainly wasn't going to take the risk of being bitten for the thief's mistake. "Come on! We need to get out of here before they turn their attention to us!"

Mortas waited until she took the front and headed towards the establishment that would help them deal with their wounded friend. While Mortas knew that the repercussions might be high with the thief he had no qualms about tricking her, only a few chimes ago she was trying to rob him and happily watching some mutts try to tear his throat out. Petch, she deserved it. If he was lucky he might get the chance to clamp some shackles on her! Then he could make some extra mizas and get back at her! His pockets certainly seemed to be getting emptier by the day.
Mortas Darkscourge
Player

Words: 12253
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Character sheet

Just my luck....

Postby Amora Jade on February 9th, 2014, 5:26 am

It’s for the dog.. it’s for the dog.. it’s for the dog.” Amora consistently reminded herself why she was walking with the man who had hurt her and just killed several creatures without even blinking. Not only was the killing terrible enough for him, but he had to go and purposefully sever this poor dog’s leg!

It was senseless and insane. It kept the thief glancing at the man as they both held the whimpering and wiggling stray in their arms. The movement was hard to contain and really tested the thief’s strength. Every few ticks the dog would whip his head upwards and hit Amora in the jaw. It was enough to cause some pain, but not enough for her to drop him.

It took her awhile to realize where they were headed. Once she did she became furious and stopped walking, but kept supporting the canine. “Why the hell are we going to the butchery?! I thought you were going to help him!

OOCSorry so short! I promise to do better. Gotta fussy baby over here.

Amora Jade
Pronounced Thief

Words: 165569
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Just my luck....

Postby Orion Michaels on September 8th, 2014, 12:31 am

Yousa

Wantsa

GRADE?!

Mortas
Experience
If you come back, please update your expenses and I'll release your grade. :)

Amora
Experience
Larceny +1
Escape Artist +1
Obseration +2
Climb +1
Acrobatics +1

Lores.
  • Respecting the Value of Life
  • Sunberth: City of the Immoral
  • Mortas: Dog Slayer
  • Helping Animals is Worth the Risk

Notes
Wow, that thread took a crazy turn. Sorry to see it didn't get completed.

Amora, careful overplaying your skills. Only had a few points in acrobatics and climb and she got up on that building with no struggle. Otherwise, I enjoyed watching the struggle of whether or not she should help. Keep up the good work! :D PM me if you have any questions.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous