[Lenz] A Scrapbook of Wonder

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Lenz on March 1st, 2014, 8:46 pm

...I Think It's Music

And here is another one!

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 1st, 2014, 8:50 pm

You Better Listen!

I'm all alone in my house right now... just listening to this music as I post them. Actually in all honesty I'm not even listening to this music as I post them. Sorry for the deception. I have found this new radio station that is world wide and I love it to death.

Here's the link if anyone is interested. It has all kinds of music genre, but only in the areas of digitally imported.

I'll admit the commercials are incredibly redundant unless you have the premium version, but after a while I think you get so used to them that you don't even realise it. That, or you get so fed up with them that you take your headphones off or your ear buds out and walk away.

You never know... ;)

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 1st, 2014, 9:01 pm

I Think It's Getting Closer...

So, just because I have nothing else to talk about and I hate just posting the videos of music, I want to know what everyone is doing this spring?

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 1st, 2014, 9:14 pm

Do You Hear It?

Here's another one loud and clear! I think this will be the last one, just because I better get more creative. I also need to post a few more replies to people and start some solos for Lenz for spring!

I think she has spring fever, because I know I do!

I hoped you enjoyed this hour of EDM and progressive house music. There might be more in the future, but frankly I like just posting a song after a long post instead of right after one another.

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 2nd, 2014, 11:53 pm

Various, Various Things

Isn't the internet a beautiful thing? All the wonderful and knowledgeable intellect that goes on it is just so amazing, right? Right...... well I happen to have found a picture that takes away from all that intelligence and logic. Have you ever seen those "I luv cheeseburger" kitten pictures? Well, I have found a picture that took my breath away as I laughed. It was so cute and it was a little different from the others you see out there. Here is the picture I found:

I'm a die hard animal lover. I always have been. My parents grew up being dog people and still to this day they completely despise cats. I on the other hand absolutely adore them. They may be finicky at times and very mean, but I think they are amazing creatures.

Any animal, actually, is cute if you put it in the right context. But this specific picture made me feel so happy. I hope you did too.

Now for some encouraging and positive reinforcement as if the previous picture wasn't enough!

For much of my life and even still till this day, I have had difficulty accepting who I am and what I have become. Life is about creating yourself, not finding yourself. People spend years trying to figure out who they are and in all that time they could have been doing something more beneficial.

I think doing this puts loads of stress and pressure onto a person. They always look at themselves and point out all the obvious flaws, when in reality, flaws are what makes people them. I still have this problem, but I am slowly coming to terms with myself.

If we were all alike, and if we all shared the same traits and physical properties, there would be no creativity or "difference" in the world. I think this saying speaks louder than most, at least to me.

Very motivational if you ask me.

And last but not least, the above picture. Music helps everyone through the day no matter who they are or how they act or even what they like. The gift of music is ridiculously incredible. Sometimes I wonder how it works... you know?

I hope you had a great time reading this post. I always love doing things like this. It not only makes me feel good, but I just know it makes all of you feel good too.

See you all next time!

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 3rd, 2014, 12:01 am

As What Was Said Before...

...music only makes me stronger. So let's enforce this idea then, shall we? Here is some more progressive house and EDM music to cheer up those low moods, or brighten the already high.

I think I will make a new post about the next topic I was going to talk about here. I think if I added it here, it would be too long and boring and would take away from the musical mood.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 3rd, 2014, 12:07 am

A Yoga Rant?

I had yoga this morning and not only were the different techniques we did awesome, but the soft and slow music incredibly relaxing. Yoga doesn't only just make you more flexible or feel more at ease with the stress raging inside of you, it also helps work on your balance and controls your emotions and fixes your breathing.

Did you know that in most cases, people always breathe wrong? I don't know what happened, but I was taught the proper way to breathe in yoga class and it has changed my life entirely.

If any of you want some "enlightenment" (super cliché word if you get me) or just some basic "body performance skill" yoga is the perfect thing to do. I thought it was boring and simple, but boy, was I dead wrong. I was sweating the first ten minutes of my most recent class.

Some of the motions you do are so intense and extreme that I had to take breaks in between doing them, and I'm a really physically fit person! There are also these classes that have the room heated up to beyond ninety-five degrees and boy, I will tell you that I could not do that if I tried.

I have been ever so greatly gifted from both of my parents with over-sweating genes. I could run a lap around a school's gymnasium and already have beads of sweat forming on my forehead. I will look around and see that no one else is even out of breath yet. I'm not saying I'm lazy and not fit or anything, because as I have mentioned above, I am. It's just... I don't even know how some people do it.

The truth is, in some woman they truly do glow rather than sweat. I think I was meant to be a boy instead of a girl or something. -.-

But anyways, there was my random digression into yoga and sweating and physical fitness.

-Lenz

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 3rd, 2014, 12:09 am

Not Yoga Music, But...

...at least it's music. I mean, it could be yoga music. *shrugs*

I honestly don't have much to say this time around, but I will someday. Who knows? I might have a whole three pages of words the next post I make or a craft or a recipe or something else! You'll just have to wait and see what I pull out of my sleeve!

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 3rd, 2014, 12:19 am

Who Wants To Make A Dreamcatcher?

Well, I certainly do! I have never made a proper dreamcatcher before, and I think that's rather sad. How else will my bad dreams be caught and tossed to the curb? It explains a lot actually. Before we begin making this craft, I will give you a little background knowledge on the whole concept of dreamcatchers, so get your reading glasses on and dive in to some history!

Dreamcatchers - A Little History

The dreamcatcher has become a well-known craft associated with American Indians and the First Nations people of Canada. It's thought that the dreamcatcher originates with the Ojibway people who settled in the Lake Huron area and surrounding parts of Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and western Ontario. Legend has it that the center of the web allows only good dreams to enter a person's mind. Bad dreams become caught in the web and disappear when the sun comes up.

Now that that's all taken care of, let's get down the basic items we will need to preform this experiment... er... craft.

Materials Needed:

•Strong thread (sinew is traditional but it might be hard to get a hold of)
•Metal ring
•Suede lacing
•Beads (medium size are preferred)
•Feathers (various colours and sizes accepted)

Process of Making:

1. Knot one end of the suede lacing on the metal ring. Make sure to leave four or five inches of lacing to hang the dreamcatcher before winding the suede tightly around the ring until it is entirely covered in suede.
2. Tie off the suede and knot the two remaining ends together to form a loop to hang the dreamcatcher on.
3. Cut off several feet of thread or sinew. Tie one end to the top of the ring.
4. Now things get a little tricky. The webbing is made up of a net of "half-hitch" knots. To make the first knot, loop the thread over the hoop towards the back then bring sinew to the front again by pulling it up through the hole you've made between it and the hoop. Make sure to keep the thread pulled taut.
5. Going around the hoop, keep making these knots at seven or eight evenly spaced points.
6. When you get back to the top of the hoop, start the next round of webbing by making knots on the loops of thread from the first round.
7. Thread a bead into the webbing whenever you'd like.
8. You should have a small hole left when you finish the webbing. Tie a double knot and cut the rest of the thread off.
9. To make the feather tassels that hang off the dreamcatcher, cut a few lengths of suede to whatever length you'd like and tie them to the bottom of the dreamcatcher.
10. Push a few beads onto each piece of suede and tie knots in the suede to make sure they don't move. Push the ends of the feathers through the beads and voila - you've got a dreamcatcher!

This information has been found here.

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 3rd, 2014, 12:23 am

Some Craft Music For Your Entertainment

Yup...

I try my best to make my posts with purpose. I don't like to just post songs or pictures because I feel that it's boring and an easy way to rack up your posts count or to even get the scrapbooking medal quicker.

I try my best to have reason behind my posting and why I do it. Like above, there was a reason behind posting that craft and there are purpose behind the recipes and the rants. I don't mean to complain or call anyone out, because frankly I have not seen anyone doing what I said I didn't like.

It's just come to my attention that sometimes it may seem like I am just spamming my scrapbook with pointless things. This is far away from my reasons. I like to post this stuff because I think it's fun, inspirational and educational.

I just hate it when I have nothing on my mind when I post something like a video (but I do it anyways because I like to keep an orderly streak of posts) or something else.

I hope this doesn't bother any of you like it does me. I'll keep doing what I do, though! So don't worry!

-Lenz

Last edited by Lenz on March 23rd, 2014, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext