Closed Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Mino gives Meville a surprise wake up call

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Minosayaa on February 9th, 2014, 6:48 am

Mino looked at Meville's face and she found herself gripped with fear. Her doe brown eyes widened terrified. "M-meville, I-I." She slumped to the floor, she was dizzy, confused, tired, and terrified. She scooted backwards on all fours, until her back hit a wall. She exhaled at the sudden impact. She whimpered much like a puppy would if hurt.She continually mumbled,"Should shift! Should shift!"

She coward in a corner, unsure why she had said something that angered Meville. "I'm sorry... I've never said something that made someone so mad." Her voice wobbled up and down. W-what I said was right huh? If I hadn't of broke, what were you going to do to me? I half know, the marks would of happened but what the marks do? I don't know. Send me to the other side, with Darrus?"

Darrus. For some reason that name added to what had just happen. It started as snivel, then to tears, finally making it's way to sobs. She wouldn't look at him keeping her face to the floor. She mumbled a song to herself.

In a swift motion she opened the bedroom door and darted in on all fours and sought safety under Meville's bed where her mumbled singing slowly continued.
If there is rain tomorrow
I wonder where you will take me.
Surely if I'm with you
That alone will make me happy.

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Words: 51933
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Meville Brightshade on February 10th, 2014, 12:43 am

Meville frowned, his eyes taking on a speculative sheen. Mino was back to her old self, and it seemed she wasn't in the mood for a literal death glare. While he certainly didn't want her running around talking about his "magic symbols", removing her from the picture was a bit over the top. After all, it seemed she only had moments of lucidity sporadically, making her a bit less of a threat, though a threat none-the-less. For a moment, he contemplated his options as she whimpered against the wall, spouting some nonsense about sending her to the "other side". If anything, he would have just knocked her unconscious via strangulation and brought her to his aunts for help. Not really the smoothest plan, but it had been the first to pop into his mind at the ridiculous notion of killing her.

On the other hand, he could continue trying to sweep things under the carpet, so to speak, but it seemed Mino had retained some of her memories (or perhaps all) after reverting back to her usual self. He'd only be making himself more suspicious if he tried to dismiss it all, but then again, the last thing he needed was the Vantha finding out his inherent magical qualities. If he was going to get everything done within the next two seasons and he and Lorelle had spoke about, he'd be needing their help, not the sharp end of their blades. Shaking his head, he considered a third, much more appealing scenario.

Before he could speak, however, Mino dashed off into his room, presumably looking for somewhere to hide in the sparsely furnished cabin. Letting out a huff of irritated air, Meville ambled after her. There was little point in running, as it only took him a few ticks to step into the back room, his eyes glancing about, determining the lack of Mino to be hiding under the bed. Kneeling down, he put his face against the rug, his sideways view allowing him a cattywompus view of the girl, mumbling some little song to herself. With a slight groan of effort, he crawled a little closer, sliding his stomach across the rug. "
I wasn't angry, just frightened is all, Mino."

He kept his tone soft and soothing, similar to the coo of his aunt.
Though I don't blame you for taking it the wrong way. My face really only has two expressions." He made an exaggerated grimace then, no harm in trying to use a little humor. "I'm not going to hurt you. If anything, I thought you were going to hurt me!" Waiting for a beat, Meville patted the rug next to his head. "Would you come out now?"

Common | Vani
Meville Brightshade
Player

Words: 287257
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 3:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Minosayaa on February 10th, 2014, 3:32 am

"Minosayaa doesn't want to talk to you right now, She turned over facing away from Meville, "Minosayaa says your fish is going to burn if you don't pay attention." She lay there thinking to herself.

She had stopped crying at was now contemplating a few different way she could of went. She wasn't good at thinking thing out. Maybe she should of let him kill her. She shifted underneath the bed. "I don't trust you and you don't trust me. Do something to prove me wrong. You worry I'll tell someone about what I now know. A kelvic would rather slit their throat than tell someone trusted's secret. You forget... I am only alive because of magic. Kelvics are born from magic."
Surely if I'm with you

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Character sheet

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Meville Brightshade on February 10th, 2014, 10:03 am

Meville let out a puff of air, rolling his head so it rested on the backs of his hands as Mino refused to come out from under the bed. While he preferred dealing with the childlike Mino, it also meant coaxing her into doing what he wanted was as difficult as dealing with an actual child. She wasn't going to crawl back out by her own volition, which meant he'd have to convince her otherwise. He could have dragged her out, but that didn't seem to be wise course of action to take if the point of everything was to calm her down. Contemplating the bare of her back, Meville frowned as she turned, speaking in an odd manner, referring to herself.

Petch the fish. He was getting a bit aggravated, but he supposed it was his own fault. After having gone so long without having anyone find him out, he wasn't the most secretive when it came to his magical qualities. The last thing he'd thought would give him away were his glyphs. There had been plenty of snowball fights, stolen items, and ghostly slaps that had been at the top of the list for a potential reveal. A Kelvic breaking into his house to watch him sleep hadn't even been a distant possibility.

She had evaluated the situation and gave him the summary with surprising acuity. Her tidbit about Kelvic's was news to him. He'd always just assumed they were a race like the Vantha or the Jamoura. Something that existed because... His brow knit. Now that he thought about it, he didn't really understand the origin of any of the races. Somewhere along the line of existence, he supposed they'd come about somehow. There was the Valterrian... And then there were other races, lost races, and changed races, from what he understood. Though, in hindsight, the way Kelvics transformed did seem magical, what with the lights and shimmering. If Kelvics truly did come from magic, and Meville doubted Mino would be lying, that just gave him all the more reason to be wary of her. Magical aunties were suspicious enough.

Chewing on his lower lip, Meville pushed himself up to his feet, dusting off his chest and stomach. "
Well, I've told you before I'm not the most intimately acquainted with Kelvics and their history." Shaking his head, he folded his arms across his chest, regarding the bed as if it were the Kelvic. "I wasn't aware your kind were naturally sworn to secrecy about that sort of thing." Shrugging, he leaned against the desk behind him, letting most of his weight push down into the well-worn wood. "Either way, me proving myself to you isn't really the point here, is it?"

The smell of the fish had begun to seep in through the cracks in the door. It was starting to get a little crispier than he preferred by the slightly charred scent. "
After all, you were the one who broke in here." Though his tone was scolding, there was a playful banter to it. He wasn't about to show her magic, as there was still the possibility he could get her to dismiss it. If worse came to worse, he supposed he could just throw her out, but that seemed a bit harsh. Meville wasn't much for severity, and tossing a naked girl into the snow would bring about much more attention than he wanted at the moment - or really any moment, for that matter. "However," The fish had begun to burn. I'd be willing to eat that fish right now if you came out from under there. Would that be a proper punishment for frightening you?"

The prospect of ingesting charred anything wasn't something Meville found appealing in the slightest. Still, children were often amused at the pain and plight of others. Taking a chance that Mino might respond in the same way, Meville figured it was worth a try. If not, he was sure he could think of something else. And if that something else didn't work, there were many more ideas floating about in his head.

Common | Vani
Meville Brightshade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Minosayaa on February 10th, 2014, 11:09 am

Mino moved under the bed and finally a hand emerged grabbing one of Meville's ankles and slowly slid out from where she'd been hiding. Her face showed she was by no means pleased. "Go eat the petching fish. The longer you wait the worse it's gonna get." She walked back into the main room not waiting for Meville, "We were made by a man, Marcus Kelvic a scientist mage. We weren't meant to be! Some guy just made us, instilling a need to serve a master to need to find a person similar to them. It's not our choice!" She stared Meville down, We were made to be our master's confidants. Unwavering loyalty!"

"You didn't lock the door. I didn't break in." She grumbled and wandered in a circle, "You really want to know why I came here? Fine! I thought you could fix me!" She threw her arms up in the air "And you did! Maybe it was a fluke! I'm starting to think it was! I came here because...." Mino's face redden whether from rage or something else, "Because I thought you might be able to be my freaking bondmate okay?" She fumed.

Mino moved to the counter picking up the fish insides and placing them on the floor. She took a deep breath and shifted. Giving her fur a good shake she stretched and looked down at the guts. Without hesitation she ate them. lessening the waste of the butchered fish. Mino then made her way to a corner of the room, she walked in a circle a few times then laid down deciding to stay like this for a tick or two.
Surely if I'm with you

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Character sheet

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Meville Brightshade on February 10th, 2014, 9:13 pm

The hand was a tad bit frightening, and Meville's body tensed for a moment until Mino emerged, a sultry expression on her face. It seemed his tactics hadn't had much of an effect, but he wasn't going to sweat over the details. At the very least, she wasn't cowering beneath his bed frame any longer. His eyes watched her leave the room, his frown drifting into a straight-lined neutral expression. She continued speaking of the Kelvic's history, though from her tone of voice, it wasn't purely for Meville's edification. Trailing behind her, Meville pulled the door to the bedroom shut, rapping his knuckles twice on the wood as it clicked into place. "
Marcus Kelvic?" The words were muttered under his breath, not wanting to interrupt the raging Kelvic.

A scientist mage? The word "scientist" was fairly foreign to Meville. At one point in his life, he felt as though his father may have said something about "science" or the like, but the specifics had long since faded. Whatever the case, it appeared Marcus Kelvic had wielded some hefty magical skill. Not only that, but the creatures he created were given an ultimatum? To be able to control creatures, in and of itself, seemed an impressive task to begin with. Having been only exposed to projection and leeching, Meville had little idea of the other forms magic came in, if it came in any other forms at all. There seemed to be a form of magic that deal in the creation of life. Adding that to his mental list of things to learn about if he ever made it out of Avanthal, Meville shook his head, his face registering a hint of disbelief. He struggled enough with building a snowman with his own hands. Imagining creating an entire race seemed absolutely impossible.

Plausibility aside, Mino had continued on, to the point where she'd angrily shifted into her animal form, lapping up the remains of the fish and settling down into the corner with an agitated huff. Meville's frown returned. The smell of burning fish filled the room, but he stayed put by the door to his bedroom. "
You're bondmate?" He'd heard Kelvics often chose a certain person to which they seemed especially close to. The term "bondmate" surely referred to that. "Isn't that a bit preposterous? We've hardly interacted outside of the Commons."

His tone wasn't rough or demeaning, just purely surprised. It was rare for Meville to form meaningful connections with anyone, which is why he'd found Lorelle so fascinating. Mino, on the other hand, had been a strange little addition to his life. Entertaining to say the least, but surely he hadn't come across as the bonding type. His frown deepening, he realized that, apparently, he had. Sighing, he finally moved to get the fish off of the oven. Using the knife they'd cut it with, he jabbed the charred pieces and flicked them on to the counter, coughing slightly at the smoke that hadn't found its way outside through the flue.

Turning his head to address Mino once more, he sighed, his expression decidedly melancholy. "
It wouldn't work anyhow, I'm afraid." He glanced down at the fish, the smoke still rising from the remains. Grimacing, he tapped it with his finger, recoiling as the heat met his skin with a burning bite. Rolling his eyes at the blackened thing, Meville opened up the icebox, pulling out a couple sheets of seaweed and gingerly wrapping them around the fish. Shrugging, he took a quick, small bite. The charred flesh mixing with the salty, seaweed into an almost palatable mouthful. Grimacing, he swallowed, staring down at the animal that looked back at him from the corner.

He didn't have much else to say. Taking another bite, his frown returned, though is eyes still kept a bright glean to them. Pity. He pitied her. Whatever bonding Mino had hoped to accomplish with her unannounced entrance into her home had resulted solely into pity. He shook his head, more to himself than anything else. It seemed she wouldn't be sharing his secret, if she truly did believe in all the things she'd been telling him. If not, Meville doubted most people would take her seriously. It was an entirely depressing case, that of Mino's. Another, larger bite once more filled his mouth with the smoky, bitter fish, before he swallowed, leaning against the counter with a thoughtful look in his eye. "
So what are you going to do now?"

Common | Vani
Meville Brightshade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Minosayaa on February 10th, 2014, 11:22 pm

Mino's rolled her eyes. This was going to take a lot of energy, and the fish innards were just settling in her stomach. With a mental sigh she returned to her human form. Without much emotion she swatted the burnt fish from his hands and began to eat it herself.

She made her way over to the icebox and retrieved Meville's second fish. Placing it on the counter and finding the knife, she made quick work of the fish as she had the first one.Turning now to the fire she made sure it was still burning nicely, finding it to her liking she moved on. Using the knife she placed the two new fillets on the fire, prodding them every so often. She took this extra time to take care of the mess from both fish and eat the burnt fish she had taken from Meville. When she deemed the fish smelled right she used the knife to carefully lift them off of the stove. "Eat up you sack of sad."

She finished off the burnt fish and the innards of the second fish, "Don't worry, in fact leave your door wide open! You don't want me here so I won't return. Now be a dear and open the door to your cabin and I'll leave," she said before returning to her four legged form.
Surely if I'm with you

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Character sheet

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Meville Brightshade on March 12th, 2014, 5:45 am

Placid blue eyes regarded the once more human form of the Kelvic as she slid forward and snatched the fish from his hands. His eyebrows raised slightly at her aggression, but the force found itself diverted into the gutting of the second fish. Again, her hands moved about the deceased beast with an easiness that was surprising. She was no finely tuned chef, but herhand was steady and the cuts were deep. He ran his tongue over the tops of his molars on the lower half of his jaw. The bitter charcoal still resided there, meeting his taste buds with a smoky nip; his stomach reminding him of his hunger with a muted gurgle.

As the fish cooked, Meville leaned deeper into the counter. His eyes changed from an aloof sheen to a more introspective glaze. Mino was in now way his responsibility. She was a quirky little thing, but beyond that there was little to tie him to her, or vice versa, in any respect other than whatever one acquaintance owed another. There was a slight tinge of guilt that lounged somewhere in the lower regions of his chest, but it was baseless. The very idea of anyone he didn't want knowing his secret made him nervous, something he experienced fairly rarely. If Mino was going to be a source of such anxiety, Meville wasn't entirely keen to the idea of seeing more of her.

On the other hand, she hadn't done much to really warrant a complete and utter cut from his life. The only crime she'd committed had been a foolish lack of attention on his part. Still, he knew very little about her. In fact, he knew only what she'd told him, about herself and Kelvics both. During her more simple times, he was relatively certain she couldn't tell much of a lie, even if she wanted to, giving him the impression that the majority of the information she'd shared was at least truth in her own eyes. He frowned some, watching her chomp down on the innards of the now frying fish with a vehemence akin to Lorelle's own fury.

Lorelle.

She'd given him plenty of chances, if for no other reason than she found him quixotic. His frown deepened as the smell of the cooking fish began to combat the smoky aroma of its brother before it. Perhaps he had been far too hasty, too mistrusting. He truly knew very little about her race, and it was so very prominent in both Avanthal and, as he'd been told, the rest of Mizahar, he doubted throwing away his only current resource on the subject was a wise move, especially if he planned to travel. Whether he wanted there or not, however, wasn't only up to him. There was the whole issue that had arose when she'd been fool enough to react to the flash of violence he'd let loose. That would certainly take mending, if she even allowed it.

Sighing, he leaned his head into his hands and Mino stirred the fish around in the pan with the knife, her own frown prominent on her features. There wasn't much of a way for him to approach the subject. She wasn't in the mood for talking, as was apparent by every single twitch of her eye and slight flex of her legs. The very image of indignation, Meville found himself wondering why she even deigned to stay in the first place. Perhaps she'd lingered because she wasn't nearly as angry at him as he'd first thought. While there was certainly a pitiable frustration about her, Meville knew better than to simply attribute a single motive to any one action.

When she spoke, Meville straightened up, nodding a polite affirmation as he replaced her in front of the stove, carefully sliding the fillets onto the counter to cool some. As she started to rant again, Meville allowed her her piece. As she shifted back into her canine form, he chewed his lower lip, regarding her with an appraising raise of his brow. Sighing, he moved from where he was standing to the door, before turning around and addressing her once more. "
I am truly sorry I could not offer you the assistance you were hoping to find." His eyes rippled with a slight shimmer of sadness. "For something that is broken cannot fix another." He shook his head as he turned to unlatch the door. "If you wish, I won't keep you here any longer."

Stepping back, he leaned against the door as the chilly morning air filled the room with its swirling flurries. "
However, I do not count you among my enemies, nor do I hope I am among yours." It was the closet thing he could manage to a bonafide apology.

Common | Vani
Meville Brightshade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Minosayaa on March 12th, 2014, 10:34 am

Perhaps I was mistaken. Perhaps you are even more broken than I. Pitiful thing, you shut out everybody from your life. But why? Because of stupid marks on your back? It seems sad. Not that it's any of my business.The dog rolled her eyes as she sat there looking at him chastising him, not that he could hear her.

She decided to test him and laid down. Minosayaa was growing bolder each and every season, pushing the limits of what she would normally do. She would stay here just to see what Meville would do.Honestly you're lucky I'm just a dog and nothing more dangerous like a bear or a lion. She closed her eyes feigning sleep. As a human Mino was fairly average sized, but as a dog she was on the larger side along with all her fur, almost massive. She had once ferried two human pups on her back. Human pups. That's what Meville reminded her of. She gave a snort, which came out as an odd noise. A large human pup, needing to be watched or gods know what he would do.

She chomped her teeth in her mouth wishing she had brought a bone along with her. She let her mind wander to this and that. At the moment her only concern was to take up space and to watch what Meville did while she was here.
Surely if I'm with you

Minosayaa
Lead Sled Dog

Character sheet

Wakey wakey!(Meville)

Postby Meville Brightshade on March 31st, 2014, 9:10 pm

It appeared Mino wasn't about to leave.

Shrugging, Meville latched the door shut once more as he moved to the stove, smothering the fire. Glancing down at the canine who appeared to have fallen asleep on a snap, Meville shook his head, his mouth a pensive, slightly grinned line. She was a strange sort of creature, and despite her appearances, she seemed relatively harmless. If she did decide to attack him or some other such nonsense of the life, Meville doubted it would take too much effort to dispatch her. With the stove taken care of, Meville laid down on the floor some distance from Mino. He wasn't able to practice his projection in her presence, but he still had plenty he had to do before the day began.

"
Very well then."

He rolled onto his stomach, pressing his hands down before him and pushing his body up into the air before letting himself fall and repeating the action several times. He continued for a time until his arms shook, signaling him to roll onto his back, tuck his legs infront of him, and begin lifting his chest to his knees. Again, until he was unable to continue, Meville let himself rest on the ground a few breaths before rolling to his side, lifting himself up on one arm, his weight focused on his forearm while he maintained a rigid posture. Holding the position until his arm shook such he could no longer support himself, he rolled to the other side to repeat the process. Sweat had begun to roll down his face, as menial physical tasks such as he maintained on the daily were enough to remind him just how weak his body was.

Mino remained, seemingly content for the time being. If she were going to remain in his life, Meville was certain there would come a time when she'd pester him about the glyphs and his magic again. He'd have to come up with either a very good lie or build a very strong trust. The prior was the easiest, but it would certainly have to be believable or she'd just throw another fit. Sighing, Meville rolled onto his stomach to repeat the process he'd just finished. The morning had been frustrating, to say the least. Though his arms were already feeling weak, Meville decided the best way to deal with his emotional tenseness was to move until he couldn't move anymore.

Common | Vani
Meville Brightshade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

PreviousNext