Blood and Decay

Save's worst nightmare.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Blood and Decay

Postby Dallen on February 9th, 2014, 10:09 am

"Stop? Who are you to command me to stop? I answer to a power far higher than your little insect head can possibly imagine and I do his work here tonight. Open your ears and perhaps you might learn the true power of the Defiler." At the woman's haughty tone, and proud look on her face, Dallen's eyes narrowed, but he stepped out of the way, nonetheless. She walked up to the dhani, which was now on her knees, and started off with some babble about her being a monster, and then offering her a way out. At this, Dallen walked up behind them, and said, "May I remind you both who did this to her? This mage, at the command of Rhysol, drove you into a frenzy. It's now not your fault, miss dhani. This carnage, this destruction, you were used for like a tool." Looking at the mage, Dallen jabbed a finger at her face, eyes cold. "And Rhysol is the god of LIES, EVIL, CHAOS, and most of all BETRAYAL. You really think that a god finds you more than a tool, a weapon?" He held out a hand towards the dhani. "He's using you. Just like you're using her. Only... this betrayal's worse. You, miss mage, probably are nothing to anyone. This dhani? She's the world to one special one." Reaching into the orb, which now flared gold, speckled with black, he curled his fist around the core of the sphere and twisted. A crunch could be heard, and the air shimmered. "I...I will not let some... Mage become proponent to a chaos."

NOTICE: THIS CHARACTER IS BEING PLACED UNDER HIATUS. ALL CURRENT THREADS SHALL BE FINISHED, BUT THIS CHARACTER WILL BE SUSPENDED TILL FURTHER NOTICE OTHERWISE.
Dallen
Art is Everything

Words: 29774
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Blood and Decay

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 11th, 2014, 1:35 am

Anna was pleased when the Dhani grasped her hand, searching for answers where the sorceress wanted her to search. A smirk crossed her features as she took the clawed hand in her own, she was hers now and by extension she was also Rhysol's. She would pulled the Dhani's blood soaked form into an embrace, the void inside feeling lesser and lesser by the tick. The Dhani was all set to be taken upon this path and follow the truth of Rhysol and drink deeply of his words. It was out of purest devotion that Anna carried out this holy task, this corruption.

At first the man's blasphemy caused her lips to curl in displeasure, but then she realized exactly why he was here. Not to save this woman, but to be her first trial upon the path to enlightenment and strength. One needed to sacrifice to Rhysol, to love him with unquestioning devotion and place their lives fully into his hands. This was the chance to test whether the Dhani would falter on that path.

"You speak your heresy so easily, you of course cannot know the greater purpose here. The trial set for this one and the greatness of her destiny in the arms of Rhysol. You defame his name with your own slander and lies, but that is fine as you will serve him as well, little man." Anna said, moving her lips to the Dhani's ear and whispering to her.

"Heed my words, this man seeks to make you weak again. He looks upon the real you as those villagers and your former lover did, with nothing but disgust. Offer up his heart to Rhysol, spill the blood of this one who thinks to make you weak. Show the Defiler your devotion. Show him here and now that you are worthy of being taken into his arms and loved as no mortal possibly could love you." Anna said, her words like smooth honey as she removed herself from the Dhani's arms.

The Sorceress shifted her robes slightly, moving them so that the scar over her heart was clearly visible to both the man and the Dhani. Her smirk was directed cruelly upon the man who thought himself so sure and powerful, so able to redeem this woman. She intended to prove to him otherwise, to show him the depths of depravity a person could fall into.

"I am not a mere proponent of chaos, you fool, I am touched by the very blood of chaos. He welcomed me into his arms when no other could or would, he saw my strength and fostered it. You cannot possibly understand that connection. This is what you can have, Dhani, if you but give of yourself to him." Anna said, her voice proud and arrogant but also bearing a hidden fervor to it.

Her grey eyes blazed with zealous devotion to her god, to the Defiler who placed his mark upon her. She would show her faith to him here in this street, she would sow much chaos and betrayal in his name. Anna owed him everything that she was or ever would be, he gave her purpose and strength.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Blood and Decay

Postby Erosynielissave on February 11th, 2014, 3:58 am

A chance to start over....and this male fool was going to try and take it from her. Save looked in the mage's eyes tears forming and steadily falling down her cheeks.

"In Rhysol's name will I commit this deed." Save lifted her clawed hand menacingly as she slowly took a step towards this young lad. "You picked the wrong time to meddle human. I am not some defenseless woman that needs saving. If you can't tell, I can more than handle myself. I will not be made a fool of again. Here and now you will die. No one will look for you. No one will mourn you. You will not be missed. You are just a weak and feeble meat sack. Only living a few years compared to the hundreds of years my people live. I pity you."

A wicked smile formed on her face and she drew herself to her full dhani height. Save licked her lips, before launching herself at the poor lad hoping to pin him to the ground. Even if she had missed, it would only add to the charm of a hunt. No matter where he hid, she would find him. No matter how fast he ran, she would catch him. Save would do more than spill his blood. She was going to bathe in it.

"Any last words human?"
Translation :

Ero's thoughts.

NPC Speech

"Ero's Speech!"
Erosynielissave
Stop shoving your word fork into my eye brain

Words: 45003
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 10:52 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Blood and Decay

Postby Dallen on February 13th, 2014, 2:38 am

"You speak your heresy so easily, you of course cannot know the greater purpose here. The trial set for this one and the greatness of her destiny in the arms of Rhysol. You defame his name with your own slander and lies, but that is fine as you will serve him as well, little man." Dallen shook his head, and looked the mage directly in her cold, proud eyes. "Slander? Lies? Heresy? Last time I checked, that was Rhysol's domain. So technically, wouldn't I be honoring your dark ruler by saying such?" Withdrawing his hand from the orb, Dallen stood straight up, brushing off light dust. A light glimmer appeared around his torso, and he seemed.. more defined. Not more muscular, just more... crisp. The gleam in his eyes was an even more piercing blue, and his vest was an even deeper red. Standing tall, his eyes were filled with naught but disgust.

"I am not a mere proponent of chaos, you fool, I am touched by the very blood of chaos. He welcomed me into his arms when no other could or would, he saw my strength and fostered it. You cannot possibly understand that connection. This is what you can have, Dhani, if you but give of yourself to him." Taking one step forwards, Dallen shook his head and swung his arm in a cutting motion, slashing the air. "Hm. So you accepted the God of Darkness because you had either daddy or trust issues. That's simply stupid. Not even pathetic, because I would've sympathized with you then." Pulling a steel dagger from his belt, behind his back, Dallen held the heavy, weighted metal hilt, wrapped in leather so that he could strike with the pommel. After all this happened, Dallen still didn't want to kill anyone. Strange, Dallen mused, One'd think that after all this senseless carnage....

"You picked the wrong time to meddle human. I am not some defenseless woman that needs saving. If you can't tell, I can more than handle myself. I will not be made a fool of again. Here and now you will die. No one will look for you. No one will mourn you. You will not be missed. You are just a weak and feeble meat sack. Only living a few years compared to the hundreds of years my people live. I pity you." Smiling mockingly, Dallen shook his head. "You pity ME? I, the one who will be a better person in my 'short' years in this land than you ever will, if you continue like this. How do you think your people will treat you, Snake? " Dallen spat out the last word, signs of pity erased from his face at her words. "I'll find that if I die today, I'll live better than you ever will, in your long, lonely years as an outcast from your people." Pointing at the mage, Dallen said to the dhani, "You realize that if you reject them by killing me, you'll end up like her? A void, an endless hole, one that can never be filled, not truly." As she drew herself up, Dallen smiled sadly. "If Rhysol is what you want, then who am I to stop a lost soul from living a life of emptiness? Go, take your destiny." As she launched herself at him, Dallen twisted to the right, barely sidestepping. "Any last words, human?" Dallen laughed bitterly. "I need none. My memory won't be what I want it to be, but that's fine. Are most really that scared of being forgotten by their loved ones that they feel that they must say something poignant for them to remember?" Lashing out with the pommel of his dagger, Dallen tried to hit the dhani woman in the temple, attempting to daze her or knock her unconscious.

NOTICE: THIS CHARACTER IS BEING PLACED UNDER HIATUS. ALL CURRENT THREADS SHALL BE FINISHED, BUT THIS CHARACTER WILL BE SUSPENDED TILL FURTHER NOTICE OTHERWISE.
Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Blood and Decay

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 14th, 2014, 5:16 am

The Sorceress’ eyebrow twitched in barely contained rage, this… fool adding heresy upon heresy to Rhysol’s holy name. Truly, he was as deluded as those foolish Syliran Knights and their decadent ideals of order and peace. More like stagnation and weakness, things Rhysol could rid the world of and wipe clean from the souls of those who put their trust and faith in him. She wanted to strike him down, annihilate him with a bolt of lightning and leave nothing but charred bits of flesh to rain down upon the ground.

She reined these emotions in check, knowing that this was not her trial but this Dhani’s. It was her test of faith, her ability to kill in the name of the Defiler was the one in question and not Anna’s. If she faltered and failed, then perhaps she could reward him for his heresy. Though, Anna pondered the significance of his words for a tick, knowing that the will of the Defiler was a difficult thing to know at the best of times. She never doubted him, had he requested she kill in his name she would have done so with his glory sounding in her heart. The path of Chaos led to power, but it was a hard path to walk and many faltered along the path.

“Rhysol is the only Father I know, fool. The only parent I require, those who brought me into this world did so only to deliver me into his arms. You, you are beneath his contempt and beneath my own. Your path aligns with those of Sylir; his decadent order retards the growth and progress of the world. Only through the freedom of Chaos can we advance, progress beyond the norm that ‘civilization’ dictates. You are blind to this truth, like so many others. Fear not though, your death will have far more purpose than your life ever shall.” Anna sneered, res generating at her feet.

The pool of purple translucent liquid reached out behind her, seeping into the ground. Anna stomped her foot, triggering a mix of transmutation and attraction to occur in the earth itself. A large stone dais formed up from the earth, the perfect size for the sorceress to sit upon and observe the situation regally. Anna mounted it and sat cross-legged upon it, irritated that the void was still growing inside as she fingers ached for the Dhani’s flesh again.

“I’m certain a naïve child might be swayed by your argument fool, but this woman clearly has more intelligence than that. She can see through your thin argument, she wishes to grow stronger and if she must sacrifice to do so than I have no doubt she will. My suggestion? Shut up, and fight for your life.” Anna said, her tone clipped and curt.

The need was still growing inside of her but Anna pushed it back for as long as she could, she needed to hold on just a little longer. Once this fool was dead and the Dhani belonged to Rhysol then she could fill that void, then she could satisfy her needs. She needed it filled, it was like a deep starving hunger born deep within and it felt awful. Her faith filled it somewhat, but not entirely, she knew that the woman held the key to filling it; it was just a matter of gaining it. Her grey eyes would simply remain fixed upon the battle, judging and weighing both combatants from her makeshift throne.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Blood and Decay

Postby Erosynielissave on February 14th, 2014, 6:54 am

Standing at her full height, his attempt to reach her temple to knock her unconscious was useless. With her massive tail, she swung around in an attempt to knock the boy to the ground. In the chance that contact was successfully made, the poor human would be sent crashing against a wall a few feet away. If she missed she would quickly recover only to reach out and claw him.

It was an unexplainable sensation, the feeling of her sharpened claws piercing the soft flesh of humans who futilely gave their all to survive. Their fear, a putrid stench that only stirred her animalistic fury even more.To be the last thing your victims see before they expire. Her brutal massacre of the Nykan villagers had only fueled her. Save was a born killer and she had been denying her true nature for too long.

The ground beneath her rumbled as the mage channeled her res into the ground creating a stone dals to watch the spectacle from a safe decent. No doubt she didn't want to get in the way of her rampage again. The deep gash in her arm would be a constant reminder to never underestimate Save.

Softly to herself she whispered, "I am a monster. I am a killer." Patiently did she wait for the human boy's next move.
Translation :

Ero's thoughts.

NPC Speech

"Ero's Speech!"
Erosynielissave

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Blood and Decay

Postby Dallen on February 15th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Sneering, the mage spat out, “Rhysol is the only Father I know, fool. The only parent I require, those who brought me into this world did so only to deliver me into his arms. You, you are beneath his contempt and beneath my own. Your path aligns with those of Sylir; his decadent order retards the growth and progress of the world. Only through the freedom of Chaos can we advance, progress beyond the norm that ‘civilization’ dictates. You are blind to this truth, like so many others. Fear not though, your death will have far more purpose than your life ever shall.” Eyes latched onto the dhani, Dallen spoke, grimacing. "Ah, but without order, there can be no chaos. See, mage, you are a being of a complex balance. If you were pure order, you'd be dead. The most orderly things are inanimate. Now if you were pure chaos, you'd also be dead, your energies, life, and mind scattered across the world, which just so happens to live through the same principle."

Eyes wide, Dallen saw the dhani's tail whipping at him, but before he could react, it slammed into his chest, making several ribs crack. Flying into a nearby wall, Dallen gasped for air, and coughed, a thin line of blood coming from the corner of his mouth. Struggling a bit, Dallen managed to stay standing, and hold onto the dagger.

“I’m certain a naive child might be swayed by your argument fool, but this woman clearly has more intelligence than that. She can see through your thin argument, she wishes to grow stronger and if she must sacrifice to do so than I have no doubt she will. My suggestion? Shut up, and fight for your life.” Still managing a smile, Dallen coughed, "Naive? How is -hack- one naive if they -cough- want to preserve life?" Coughing loudly, Dallen spattered a small gob of saliva mixed with blood onto the pavement, and pushed himself off of the wall with the forearm that held his dagger, holding his broken ribs with his other arm. Winking deliriously at the mage, Dallen said, "And thank you-hack- for that wonderful suggestion. Never would'a thought of it." Running at a steady gait into the village, Dallen winced every time his foot hit the ground, and looked around for a hiding place.

There. Glimpsing a stone building with a thick-looking door and shuttered windows, Dallen flung it open, and letting go of his ribs, shut it and bolted the latch, which acted as a lock. Looking around, Dallen saw that there was only three rooms in the whole building, and now upstairs. Moving to the back, Dallen slumped against the wall, and pulled off his vest. Ripping it in half, he tied it around his midsection quickly. Not a very good fix, but it'd leave his other hand open. Slumping to the ground, Dallen grimaced. The dhani would be here any second.

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Blood and Decay

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 17th, 2014, 12:54 am

It was advancing too quickly, already her breathing was getting more and more labored and difficult which was to be expected but it still hurt. It was eating away at her from the inside, tearing away everything within and crushing her. Anna was trying to simply push it back but it was actually starting to hurt now, breaking through her mind and shattering the calm of her mind. This whole thing needed to end quickly otherwise she was going to lose it all, her minion needed to finish this fool with haste otherwise there would be nothing left. She needed the Dhani, needed her soon.

Her lips curled into that arrogant smile at Dallen's words, about the naivety of preserving life. Stupid fool, life, all life was merely a tool to use and spend at the leisure of another. Anna's life was a tool for the Defiler, their lives were her tools to use in his service. The life of a soldier on the battlefield was a tool to be spent in the service of his kingdom. All life was the mere cycle upon which life was spent so that others could survive, those stronger than those that were spent.

It was the basic founding principle of life, the strong survived while the weak were used and consumed by the strong. None could refute the truth of those words, nor the very expression of nature that existed behind them. Rhysol's Chaos was the ultimate measure of whom was strong and whom was weak. These villagers had been weak, the Dhani's lover had been weak, Dallen was weak as well. Chaos consumed and would consume their lives in its fires unless they proved themselves to be strong.

The sorceress felt the cold chill stabbing at her heart again, prompting her to clutch at her heart once and attempt to measure her breathing. She needed to hold on until the Dhani had completed her task lest, just a little longer before she could take her for her own. Anna needed it, she knew that she was the key to filling the growing void before it consumed her from the inside out. It hurt to actually need someone, but she knew instinctually that she did need her.

Her grey eyes followed Dallen's form as he attempted to run, her teeth gritting against the waves of pain rising up from within. This was taking far, far too long. Her skin was turning and unhealthy ashen grey and her breaths rose as more and more shallow. She felt cold, so petching cold, when it should have numbed her it instead sent dull pain through her entire body.

The tall sorceress could feel it slipping away as she stared off after them, only holding on through sheer willpower. The dark man had given her this task and she knew this would be the price for failure. That stupid petching man, he simply had to interfere in a matter that was not his concern. It was amusing in a dark way to her that his little normally harmless intervention was delaying her far too much. The Dhani needed to finish, and she needed to finish him quickly.

"Stop toying with him and just kill him!" Anna growled out, gritting against the pain and fighting that black spots in her vision.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Blood and Decay

Postby Erosynielissave on February 17th, 2014, 7:00 pm

The dhani nodded toward the beautifully evil mage. She had already found his scent and was following it to a nearby abandoned building that had been spared by the rogue flames that had claimed the rest of the celestial quarter.

"You can't hide human."

Save burst through a door to find Dallen on the ground. His breathing was shallow and rattled. He looked broken and it was clear that he wasn't going to last much longer. She smiled deviously.

"There isn't much time left. I am going to kill you." She slammed her tail onto his legs hoping to break them, or at the very least prevent him from escaping.

"I am giving you one last chance...Any last words?"
Translation :

Ero's thoughts.

NPC Speech

"Ero's Speech!"
Erosynielissave

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Blood and Decay

Postby Dallen on February 17th, 2014, 8:44 pm

Looking up at the madly grinning dhani break down the solid wood door, Dallen knew his end was near. As she smiled, Dallen noticed a slightly insane gleam in her eye. Sighing, with a shaky breath, Dallen knew he had failed. The mage had gotten her claws into her. Coughing and spitting out blood, Dallen merely whimpered when the dhani shattered his legs at the knees. With a sibilant sssss, the dhani said, "There isn't much time left. I am going to kill you. I am giving you one last chance...Any last words?"
Looking at her, defiant, Dallen pulled out his dagger and placed it at his throat. "As I said before, last words are for the weak and afraid. So, my last words are nothing but petch you, you shyke-filled vagik." Thrusting his dagger into his jugular, Dallen fell to the floor in a spray of blood. His broken corpse slid from a sitting position to a curled-up ball on the red floor.
Secret :
Sorry if I derailed your plans a bit, but you still have the chance to mangle mah corpse.

Dallen
Art is Everything

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext