Completed [Kova's Wishing Well] Meeting New People (Kizora)

The well has almost been the reason for helping Nilika meet the most interesting people and once again it has done it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Kova's Wishing Well] Meeting New People (Kizora)

Postby Nilika on February 8th, 2014, 6:28 pm

Timestamp: 72th Winter, 513 AV

Nilika walked up the stair from the lobby of Soothing waters. She forgot that she had left her gloves. They were lying on the counter where she left them the day before. I really need to stop leaving stuff. Her head echoed with pain as she left out of the fourth tier and into the third one. Her hands came to a halt right before touching her head. Blue eyes glazed over for a bit, from a memory long forgotten. She looked down at the gloves and squeezed them in her pale hands. Tears started to prickle up in her eyes; she remembered where she was and shook her head to get rid of the tears. She put her gloves on and started out into the spacious hall. Her feet dragged against the floor as she walked by.

Descending the stairs she looked out at the expansive street that was ahead. People were up and about this late in the morning. Last time she checked it was 5 chimes after the 11 bell. Some looked to be shopping and some having fun with friends or family. She smiled lightly and started to walk around for a few chimes and ended up at an all so familiar well. Kova’s Wishing Well. She still remembered the first person she met there. She leaned against it and sighed.

The teenager looked around and noticed it wasn’t quite crowded like the main roads but, nonetheless; it still had a lot of people. Nilika looked the groups of people and spotted a girl with greyish skin. It was a bit odd for a human. They were usually white or brown. Her eyes were black and bottomless to Nilika. It frightened her but also made her memorized by the woman. She looked fairly tall and built. Her feet started to carry her towards the stranger that looked so mysterious to the Konti. Her thoughts started to move away from the concept that this person wasn’t human but something else.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kizora DuLonite on February 8th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Kovas Wishing Well. She had heard silly tales of it in Syliras, silly enough to intrigue her. Tales like those were ones that made her curious, that made the world all the more beautiful. People bustled back and forth, quite a crowd. They were all lively, and it warmed her heart. After being in the Bronze Forest for so long, the reminder of a less strained life was beautiful.

Her eyes scanned the crowd, looking for an interesting merchant. She'd wanted to look at possible new weapons, or see if there was anything interesting she could purchase. It wasn't until a small, fragile looking girl approached her. At first, she assumed the girl was walking past her, until she noticed her focused eyes.

It was kind of scary, especially when the details of the girl became clear to her. Instead of smooth, normal skin, her body was scaled and glittered. She looked quite friendly, but the action was startling and unexpected. As she approached, her hand reflexively slipped back to her weapon, a curved sword, then away. It was a public place, so she shouldn't be attack. There was no reason she would be attacked. The calming thought allowed her to process the information more logically. She was quite small, really. Her eyes, she caught momentarily, were a very vivid blue.

It reminded her she had spent far too much time in the forests. Her eyes shot from the ground and up to the woman, quivering and uncomfortable. As she grew close enough, she did her best to be friendly and smile.

"Hi, how are you?"
Kizora DuLonite
Chasing Shadows

Words: 18542
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2014, 8:23 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Nilika on February 9th, 2014, 5:23 pm

She paused before realizing that she had actually walked to the stranger. Her gloved hands wringed their selves nervously as she looked up at the taller person in question. Nilika just looked at the other with steeled eyes. She looked her up and down and tried to figure out what race she was. Her grandmother told her about the different races, but not all of them. She circled the woman with a silent eagerness that radiated off. The teenager knew she wasn’t an Akalak. They were an only male race.

She stopped in front of her and looked into the stranger’s black eyes. They freighted Nilika and she wasn’t someone who got scared easily. It looked like they could swallow her whole. A shiver ran down her spine at the thought. "Hi, how are you?" She snapped her attention back to reality and tilted her head a way that suggested that she was confused. “Hi,” she replied hesitantly.

It’s rude to just inspect someone. I could have made her feel insulted.
Realizing what she had done made her blush. Her scales became more contrasted against her skin. “I’m sorry for doing that. It was of me to do something like,” she stuttered out. Her Blue eyes blinked owlishly as she stopped with her apology. The woman was quite taller than her and she knew better than to mess with people who in particularly giant compared to you.
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kizora DuLonite on February 9th, 2014, 7:02 pm

"No, its okay. You just frightened me a bit."

The little girl had circled her, and the action made her feel judged. It was outright rude, that is, until she apologized. The feeling faded quickly after that, as she realized it was just pure curiosity. Scales covering her face contrasted vibrantly against her face, and it was quite stunning. She'd never seen anything like it before. Her feeling of curiosity was mutual, so she took the action as an invite to question herself.

"I'm sorry if this is rude, but I don't believe I've ever met anyone like you. What race do you descend from?"

Even though she did her best to sound friendly, she feared it was still rude. To appear friendlier, she offered her hand, which was still healing from her carving incident.

"I'm Kizora, by the way. What's your name?"
Kizora DuLonite
Chasing Shadows

Character sheet

Postby Nilika on February 13th, 2014, 1:21 am

Nilika was kind of surprised that the other didn’t know what race she was. Most people have heard of the Konti’s and their Vision Water. They were one of the most recognizable of the different races due to their scales and webbed hands and feet. The teenager tried to force a smile to her face, but didn’t seem to form fully, which unfortunately left it looking like a smug smirk. Hopefully, her happiness reached her ocean like eyes.

“Hi, I’m Nilika,” she held out her gloved. Luckily she had them on, “I’m a Konti.” She finished with a little tilt of her head that made her ponytails twitched ever so slightly in the direction. The woman looked like a threat to Nilika, but the teenager didn’t think she was. Maybe a Symenestra, no they’re pale almost an ashy white in color. Her brain racked in possibilities but could not come up with any. She really was stub on this.

That realization was like a blow to the ego. Nilika was someone who prized themselves as being at least intelligent enough to more than others. With an almost pouted face, she waited until the giant before her shook her hand.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kizora DuLonite on February 15th, 2014, 12:57 am

Konti? She'd never heard of that before, but it was quite the friendly sounding name for a race. And Nilikia was quite beautiful as well. She offered her hand, and she shook it happily. Her hand, surprisingly, was webbed.

"Oh, that's so cool! Do you find it useful?"

She could only hope the question wasn't naïve or silly. It was an honest one, after all. The girl, Nilikia, seem very comfortable with the area, so she considered another question.

"Hey, would you mind showing me around? I'm kinda new to the area..."
Kizora DuLonite
Chasing Shadows

Character sheet

Postby Nilika on February 26th, 2014, 1:11 am

She put on a smirk and looked at Kizora with a questioning glace. Nilika let go of the other’s hand. “What do I find useful about what?” She looked down at herself trying to figure out what Kizora thought that was cool. Maybe it was her hands?

“Oh I you just be talking about my scales and hands,” she smiled. “Well they are sometime. I can breathe underwater and stuff, but not when you’re trying to blend into the crowd,” Nilika finished off with a laugh that sounded cold. She looked at her feet for a chime or two, before looking up at Kizora with her question. A blush kind of fluttered across her face. “Well I don’t really know a lot of places. I only been here for a season so far, so I’m not that much of help,” she stuttered out.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kizora DuLonite on February 27th, 2014, 2:06 am

Timestamp: XXth, Season, YearAV

"Yeah, I know how you feel."
Kizora recognized that she wasn't exactly a Mary Jane either. After the girls reaction, she recognized the question as rude. It made her blush a bit.
"Breathing underwater? That's amazing...I like to swim, but I never really get the chance."
She only hoped the attempt at a conversation didn't seem awkward or desperate. People are always so hard to predict. Birds are so easy. A sigh escaped her subconsciously. When Nilikia stumbles through a few words, she smiles.
"Yeah, me too. Haven't really gotten a chance to explore anything, and I was wandering the forest for a long while. My map was a bit....wrong."
A laugh escapes her, and its ever so slightly nervy. She wants to be friendly so badly, as her interactions so far hadn't been quite...positive. She thought back to the Ethaefel, and mentally grimaced.

Timestamp: XXth, Season, YearAV

(WORDS!!!!!)
Kizora DuLonite
Chasing Shadows

Character sheet

Postby Nilika on March 4th, 2014, 2:25 am

Nilika put on a small smile for the woman. Kizora seemed a little nervous to the Konti. She looked at Kizora with searching eyes. The teenager still did not know much about the other person. It was starting to grate on her nerves that she wasn’t able to figure out what race she was. She let a puff and continued to look the woman up and down.

After a chime or two, Nilika gave up and decided to give into asking the stranger herself. “Um what race are you,” she asked with interest. “So where are you from,” she asked as an afterthought. Looking at the ground a little she watched the snow crunch under her feet as she moved her right foot back and forth. The cold air bit at her lips as she licked them to keep them from chapping.

OOCHow should we finish this :) and I hope that Nilika and Kizora stay in touch after this
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kizora DuLonite on March 5th, 2014, 11:43 pm

The little girl looked kinda uncomfortable. Her eyes kept running up and down Kizora, and it made her nervous. Had she done something wrong? She didn't quite understand. When the question met the air, she laughed loudly. That must have been it what had been bothering her so much. Others had reacted like that before. It wasn't completely abnormal.

"Oh, I'm Kelvic. A raven Kelvic."

The second question was a little harder to answer.

"Where am I from...A little bit of everywhere, you could say. I'm just a bit of a nomad. My parents were that way, its how I was raised, so I'm just a bit set in those ways."

The words came out wistful, and heavy on her lips. She tried not to sound so sad.

"Where are you from?"

(OOC-I dunno...I could go tend to my horse :) ...I would like them to stay in touch as well!)
Kizora DuLonite
Chasing Shadows

Character sheet

Next