Strange Faces [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Iasc on September 6th, 2010, 4:29 pm

6th of Fall

The Rearing Stallion Tavern was starting to fill up. It was quite late and people were off work and ready for a drink. The usual misfits and troublemakers were getting their drinks. The smell of beer and ale hung in the air, suffocating to those who abstained.

There was a group of people playing music in a corner who the locals were starting to heckle. Nevertheless they continued to play, the singers voice breaking nervously. The chords of the instruments were losing their fluidity, coming out disjointed. This only egged on the hecklers more.

At the other end of the tavern a man, who had previously been engrossed in a book, looked up. A hood covered his face so to obscure it from people who looked at him. Those who did see him ignored him as being a loner although the vast majority of eyes didn't even notice him.

He put the book down wondering what time it was. He took a sip of the water that was on the table and recoiled at the taste. It must have been a few hours since he arrived. He looked around the bar. There was an uncomfortable amount of people here now. Contemplating leaving the establishment, his bare feet shifted nervously on the ground. He looked at the door. He knew he wouldn't be able to make it without anyone seeing him. What if someone tried to engage him in conversation? It might be a nice turn of pace from his usual "eyes on the ground, don't look at me " approach to communication.
He took another sip of his water. "I'll wait a while", he thought. "Maybe it'll die down a bit"
He took his hood down, folded his arms and sat back in his chair.
Iasc
Knowledge is Power, Music is Beauty.

Words: 74790
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 7th, 2010, 1:04 pm

As Isilla walked haughtily into the dirty bar. She eyed someone, an extremely tall man, 6 feet at least... She walked towards the man, and plopped herself into the chair across him.. She eyed him, scrutinized him... "Hello.." she said enigmatically " You seem to be looking for something.. Mind telling me?". She stared at him for a second and awaited his reply...
Last edited by Sahsvin Isilla on September 8th, 2010, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Words: 12725
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 9:57 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Guido Faragas on September 7th, 2010, 2:57 pm

The apprentice reimancer let out a yawn as he took the drink from the young barmaid in exchange for a few coins. He was tired, as was evident from the dark bags that lay under his normally sparkling green eyes. It had been a long journey back from his venture into the wilds and his limbs still ached from the days of arduous walking and fruitless digging. Still, tonight he intended to relax, enjoy a few ales and perhaps spin a few yarns.

He glanced around the tavern. Although it was filling up, there was no-one with whom he was familiar save the barstaff. Then, his eyes alighted on a hooded human who was sitting engrossed in a book in a far corner of the tavern. A new arrival? Perhaps in need of company? As Guido was musing on these matters, the man set down his book and pushed back his hood to reveal a bearded, blue-eyed young human. In the absence of any other company, Guido began to make his way over to the man. However, before he had walked more than a few paces a new arrival entered the bar and unceremoniously sat herself down at the table directing a few words to the human.

After hesitating for a moment, Guido shrugged and continued his journey to the table. “Mind if I join you?” He waited politely for a reply before taking a seat at the table.

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Iasc on September 7th, 2010, 3:44 pm

"Hello". Iasc's head shot towards the sound. A woman had sat down opposite him. She was extremely beautiful in a very obvious kind of way. “Beauty is only skin deep” is what came to mind. He wondered what she was hiding. It was his belief, only theoretical of course, that a person who puts a lot of emphasis on their looks is usually hiding something. His opinion could be completely wrong, though, having never put it into practice.

He looked around himself. “Is she talking to me?”, he thought to himself. “Why would she want to talk to me? No-one ever wants to talk to me”. His discomfort around other people was becoming apparent as he couldn't look people in the eyes, usually looking at their mouth as they talked or just over their shoulder.

“Eh... Hello?”. He looked at her quizzically trying to figure out if she had the right person.

"You seem to be looking for something.. Mind telling me?"
“Looking for something? No”, he shook his head. “Except maybe a way out of this hell-hole”, he thought to himself.

“Ca... Can I.. eh.. get you a drink?”, he asked, not sure what the social convention was in this situation.

He looked towards the bar as he said this and noticed a man standing beside the table. “Mind if I join you?”, he asked. Iasc looked bewildered. “What the hell is happening”, he thought, utterly confused at how friendly these people were.

“Sure”, he said, offering a seat. The man was young, younger than Iasc. He also seemed to be very tired. “Why would someone who is that tired come out drinking”, he wondered.

“Can I get you a drink?”, he asked, failing to see that the man already had a one.
Last edited by Iasc on September 8th, 2010, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iasc

Character sheet

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 8th, 2010, 10:53 am

"Could I get you a drink? the man asked.

"It's fine... I don't drink she replied, and that was the truth, she couldn't drink alcohol even if she wanted to, but she also had another reason, she knew alcohol blurred judgement, and she didn't want to be the groggy one. Another man had also sat down with them.

This man was younger, and he looked tired, normally such tired people became food for her, but she wasn't hungry, and she wouldn't feed in such a public place.
"So, she asked "What're your names? Mine's Isilla. I'm just trying to make a few more friends here."

OOCSorry about this but it seems like Dhani in human form don't have slit eyes, I've already corrected my post, but could you correct yours? I'm really sorry about my mistake, hope it didn't interrupt your flow... :(
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Character sheet

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Guido Faragas on September 8th, 2010, 12:43 pm

With a wide smile, the young reimancer took a seat at the table. “I already have a drink, friend,” he replied in a pleasant tone, setting down his ale on the table. The bearded fellow appeared to be a little flustered and was clearly not acquainted with the woman who occupied another of the seats. She was a striking woman with high cheekbones and long eyelashes. Guido’s green eyes twinkled in response to her greeting.

“I am pleased to meet you both. This is a fine place for making new friends. But, I must introduce myself. I am Guido Faragas, native of this city and frequent visitor to this establishment."He let out a small peel of laughter. “Are you newcomers to the city? I don’t recall having seen you here before.”

He lifted the mug of ale to his mouth, taking a deep sip. Then, wiping the foam from his top lip, he sat back in his chair, placing his hands behind his head.

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Kalda on September 8th, 2010, 4:00 pm

Kalda walked into the tavern, serene smile on her face. She walked up to the bar, and tapped a delicate fingernail on it for attention. "Hello there.. do you have a room in this.. fine establishment?" She said quietly, midly vacant smile on her face. She took a look around the room, comparing it to all the other inns she had seen over the last fifteen years; at the ruffians and criminals, misfits and rogues. She stepped back from the bar, her serene look fading for a moment, and turned on her heel. Perhaps I shall go to a more.. appropriate inn... Kalda thought to herself, before leaving.
Kalda
Player

Words: 2519
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2010, 12:36 pm
Race: Konti

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Iasc on September 8th, 2010, 8:36 pm

OOC: Don't worry about it :)

“My name is Iasc”, he said with a smile on his face now. This man, Guido, was very charming and his laughter contagious. Iasc started to get more comfortable. He relaxed a little, his chest loosening which meant he could start to breathe normally again.
“I am also a native of this city but I never come in here.”

He looked around the tavern again wondering what it would be like to be a regular. His dislike of beer meant it might be hard, but stranger things have happened.
“You must know a lot of people here”, he said with genuine interest.
“How could someone come in here night after night”, he mused. The social aspect did seem to be a big part, if not the whole part, of it.
He sat back in his chair and folded him arms.
Iasc

Character sheet

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Guido Faragas on September 11th, 2010, 9:01 am

“I know a few of the regulars and the owner,” admitted Guido in response to Iasc’s question. “The fellow behind the bar is Seth Aargon, the son of the owner Kevith, who masterminds the ales in this place.” He lifted his ale once more, this time to his eyeline, inspecting the liquid with his emerald eyes. With a shrug of satisfaction, he took another deep gulp of the amber ale.

“I usually come here to wind down, meet people and tell a few tales. I often do physical work, so it helps me to relax at the end of the day. I also meet my friend, Cedric, a huntsman who has been teaching me the bow.” He paused for an instant, taking a glance at the woman at the table, before turning back to Iasc.

“So, if you don’t usually frequent his place, why have you decided to come here tonight?”

Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Strange Faces [Open]

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 11th, 2010, 10:55 pm

“So, if you don’t usually frequent his place, why have you decided to come here tonight?” The man Guido asked her..

"Well, I actually wanted to give this place a try, this is my first time here in the Rearing Stallion and since everyone in the city comes here at least once, I felt that I'd need to do the same. I also wanted to meet some new people, and it seems I have actually" she replied to both of the men.
"My true purpose however is to find some new friends, in this city I'm alone, a woman alone by herself is never a good thing, could you tell me something?" she asked both men, she paused "What are your talents?"...
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Character sheet

Next