Completed [The Rearing Stallion] A Promise Kept (Ethan)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Rearing Stallion] A Promise Kept (Ethan)

Postby Orion Michaels on February 10th, 2014, 10:59 pm

60th of Winter, 513 AV
The Rearing Stallion
18th Bell

It was a rather busy evening within the Rearing Stallion. Serving girls bustled about as the patrons moved in and out of the tavern. The unusually cold season had many of the city’s citizens seeking respite in the form of drink, laughter, and entertainment, and where else would the common folk go but to the Rearing Stallion.

Sitting at an otherwise unoccupied table did sit Orion Michaels, a single mug of ale on the wooden top before him. His sheathed blade rested across the tabletop, flush with the edge nearest the squire. He wore black pants and a plain red shirt, which contrasted with his piercing blue eyes. In those eyes were only exhaustion, however, the long days and nights of training taking their toll on the former physician.

Orion had once called the place a second home, even worked as a cook for a period of time. His new calling in life had left him with minimal time to enjoy the refreshing drinks offered within its walls. It had left even less desire to do so. Long days had blurred together, entire seasons disappeared as he labored to find a new life. What had started as an impulsive, stupid decision had turned into a brilliant, but stupid decision.

Letting out a soft sigh, Orion brought the mug of ale to his lips, sampling of the bitter froth. It was refreshing, nothing more than a tease of the past and of the memories the bar held. Yet, unlike times before, the squire wasn’t there to reminisce on the past. A note had drawn him forth from his intense training to meet someone for a discussion of sorts. There was minimal information as to why he’d been summoned, but according to the knight who contacted him, the sender had been trying to contact the elder squire for some time. Unsure of who would seek to contact him, Orion had sent word back that he would meet him evening of the 60th day of Winter.

Blue eyes gazed uncertainly into the dark liquid of his mug as he waited for whoever it was to show. Things had been going quite smooth for the squire as of late, so he supposed it was about time for some bad news. While he sought to avoid such assumptions, history held true, and as such Orion expected nothing but the worst.

It would be nice for a change of pace, that’s for sure.

For now, however, all he could do was wait. Orion tossed a smile and a nod at a passing barmaid and sat back in his chair. Spirits seemed high, except for the weary workers. It brought back some lovely and not so lovely memories, ones he would have to save for another time. He hoped whoever was looking for him knew who he was, otherwise this was to be a waste of an evening better spent.
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on February 16th, 2014, 10:32 pm

Ethan had finally gotten his reply back from the knighthood that Orion would see him on the 60th. He had promised Hadyn in Fall that he would do his best to sit down with the man and find a way to accept him. However, Ethan wasn’t sure how the two men were going to come to terms with each other. Ethan had gone on a manhunt with Orion and the man had decided to shoot down his idea’s. Granted, Ethan had approached it like a hunt for a wolf, stake a lamb out in the middle of hunting grounds and wait for the wolf, usually the lamb died and Ethan had proposed that he would be the lamb. Yet inside they went door to door and in the end Sera Alicia had been drained of her own energy while Ethan had stood around helpless.

Ethan sighed again as he sat down practicing glyphs with chalk on the stone walls of his chamber. Ethan was trying to use his own inner mediation and focus to calm himself about the meeting. Talking with Devandil and his own experience with Glyphing had told him that glyphing allowed for Djed to be stored, in order to do so Ethan had to bond his mind and perceptions with the concept that the rune would be created from. So because he was nervous, Ethan did his best to try focus on Cha, the idea of blue ocean or relaxation. However, as he wrote the rune for the sixth time he realized that he was anything but calm or relaxed. Orion, the man that made a child with Hadyn, his childhood friend and young love, would be at the Rearing Stallion waiting for Ethan. Ethan felt his stomach turn at meeting the man because of what he had done with Hadyn. Never mind that Hadyn’s brother Brody had threaten to beat Ethan bloody if he ever courted his sister, or that when Hadyn had needed someone close to her after Liam’s death Ethan had been foolish and stayed away. No those thoughts didn’t matter when compared to Orion having a family with Hadyn, and as such Ethan tried to remain focus and bring his being into union with the concept of relaxation; even as the thought that baby Liam was sleeping in the crib that Ethan had purchased for Hadyn popped into his mind. All of a sudden the chalk snapped in half as Ethan was putting the bolder stroke on the loop in Cha’s rune. For a moment all Ethan could do was look at the broken piece of chalk in his hand and then he rearranged the chalk in his hand to a new point and began working on the rune anew.

Ethan knew that whatever emotions that he had for Hadyn was a tangled mess. In a way he felt like her brother, wanting to protect and care for her. In other ways, when he looked at her there was everything but brotherly intentions. At times she occupied his mind like some huge blanket that covered his entire presence. At other times, he had almost welcomed the general the concept of giving up and letting her be whoever or with whoever she choose. Yes, there were times that he just wanted to rid himself of those feelings, shield himself from her presence and baby Liam’s and yet his dreams of the future included both of them. Every so often he told himself to just go to the Soothing Waters find some lass with curves and never think about the Skellig Family again. Everyday that same voice in him told him to walk away, and in fact he was making preparations to leave Syliras and go to Zeltiva. Granted it was only for a season, maybe two, but at least he wouldn’t be around her and her babe.

Ethan looked up at the rune and saw that it wasn’t Cha at all, but was Ranuri the unhealthly desire or want. “Petch!” Ethan curse as he looked at the rune. The concept of need bled through and Ethan recognized that his thoughts and being had bonded with the concept controlling his body and making the rune. Need, did he need Hadyn or her child like he needed water and food to live? Ethan touched the outer edges of the rune and pondered as the concept came to his mind. The idea of need was strong, yet it held no additional concepts or definitions in which Ethan could draw a conclusion from. All the rune spoke of was the urgent need that Ethan felt when thinking about Hadyn and Liam. Was it the need for Love, Family, or something that he had lost? No matter how Ethan stared or viewed the rune, there wasn’t an answer to his unspoken question. So Ethan got up and placed the chalk down on his work table and grabbed the water jug he used for a quick cleaning of himself. Taking an old rag, Ethan dunked it in water and began to scrub the walls of his room. The chalk dust came off the walls and when he got to Ranuri, Ethan was able to remove it with a swipe. After all, the concept that was bound to it, wasn’t water. Washing his hands, Ethan heard the bells and realized that he would be late to meet Orion.

Ethan pulled on a clean shirt and coat before going out to the Rearing Stallion. Orion Michaels, Ethan thought about the name and his feelings about the man as he went through crowded hallways. A part of him was glad that he had left his sword in his room, even though he would be forced give it up at the door. He wasn’t sure about how he would react to the man, normally Ethan would have never thought about the man after the incident with the leecher. However, the petcher had given Hadyn a child and he wasn’t sure if he was jealous of the fact that it was Orion who had done it or if Ethan wasn’t just using it as an excuse to be separate from Hadyn. Ethan bumped into someone’s shoulder as he entered the Rearing Stallion. Petching woman! Ethan thought, unclear in his thoughts if he was thinking about the wrench that had bumped him or the emotional chaos that Hadyn always seemed to cause.

It took Ethan a moment to recognize Orion at the table. He remembered the scars and piercing blue eyes that the squire had, and for a moment Ethan almost decided to leave the tavern. He was here to make peace or at least an arrangement with Orion so that he could be in Hadyn’s life while the father could be as well, and it was that promise that kept him in the tavern. Summoning his courage, Ethan walked forward and finally came to Orion’s table, for a moment the fleeting thought of waiting for Orion to take a drink, and then Ethan rushing up to him and punching the bottom of the mug filled his mind. Ethan nodded as he came to the table and spoke, “Squire Michaels, thank you for seeing me.”
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on February 22nd, 2014, 1:08 am

Orion was about ready to give up and go catch some extra shut eyes when Ethan finally made his appearance. While Orion wasn't the shining example of punctuality, it did strike him a bit rude for someone to be late to a meeting which they had requested. He'd hold this tongue for now and see what the stranger wanted.

"Of course. Sounds like you've been trying to get a hold of me for some time." Orion motioned for the newly arrived man to take a seat. "Relax a moment, let's get you a drink…I’m sorry, I don’t believe I know your name." The squire let a passing barmaid know to bring a few drinks over for the two men. Conversation came easier when Mostly he wanted to try and figure out just what the dark red haired man desired from him, but there was no sense in rushing. There was something vaguely familiar about the man before him, though he couldn't quite place where he'd met him.

Orion took another long swallow from his mug, blue eyes settling in on the stranger, looking for some tell, something he could read to discover the man's intentions. It was usually a woman seeking him out, and almost always with bad news. At least this one couldn’t tell him that they were carrying his child. ”Been quite the winter, hasn’t it? Hope it hasn’t caused many issues for you,” he remarked with a nod. ”I was out in the Bronze Woods when the snow started. Feels like it hasn’t stopped since.”

The barmaid stopped by with a drink for Ethan, setting it on the table before him. The young woman left without a word, leaving the two men to their drink and conversation. ”With the handful of notes waiting for me after my patrols, I doubt you’re here for small talk. Is there something you need of me?”
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on February 22nd, 2014, 9:51 pm

Ethan gritted his teeth in frustration as the first words came out of Orion’s mouth. Yet when he told Ethan that he didn’t know him, Ethan stood there in a shocked stupor for a time. To Ethan the manhunt for the leecher had been a significant event in his life, the event had glyphed itself on his soul. He had nightmares of Sera Alicia being dragged down by the leecher and sometimes his own mind had replaced her with him. The brutal stabbing that Orion had done, as well as, Sei Tendo violence had shocked Ethan and it was the first real vision of how unprepared he was to face the world. Yet, Orion seemed to act as if it was all in the past and as such not worth mentioning or remembering.

Ethan sat down in the wooden chair feeling the large arms and legs catch his body. He looked at Orion for a moment not really sure of what he felt about the man. For the longest time, he had hated the man for impregnating Hadyn. Ethan had just started seeing his friend again, when she had told him that she was with child. The small pity insult that Orion had given him on that fateful day with the leecher had been blown up in Ethan’s mind and then he learned Hadyn was with child and found out that the squire had been the one. Now with the dismissal of Ethan, all the anger and jealousy of the man seemed childish. Granted it was still there, because he had always hoped that Hadyn would become part of his family, but looking at the man the urge to punch out his teeth had subsided.

Ethan took a sip of his ale while thinking of Orion’s questions. The normal bitter taste of ale and grit that came from the Stallion’s brew was present, but was distant as Ethan turned over his own thoughts. “Ethan Ironhorse, and as for why I am here... I suppose Squire, you could say that I am here for small talk. See I am a farrier and a blacksmith by trade and by blood. I mention that, because coming from a family of blacksmith’s you tend to hang out with other children of blacksmiths or in this case a certain female weaponsmith.” Ethan paused for a moment collecting his thoughts before going on. “I knew her brothers,” Ethan half snorted and half laughed, “By Oriana, Brody and me experience more of life together then I did with my own brother. I say this because part of me wants to act like her brother, warn ya off and tell ya Haddie be mi’ family.” Ethan looked at Orion’s sword for a moment then at him. His eyes seemed to tighten for a bit, “Even had dis here threat worked out. See a knight or a squire requires the smith to repair and create his arm’s and weapons…” Ethan paused for a moment taking a drink of ale. “Yet Haddie wants ya in her life for the boy’s sake. So she dun ask me ta talk ta ya and find peace. So Squire, ya see, small talk.” Ethan decided to stop at that point, not sure if he had just committed a crime or angered the man that Hadyn want Ethan to find peace with, but it was a start.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on February 23rd, 2014, 2:03 am

Orion noted the momentary frustration that appeared on Ethan’s face, which elicited a brief confusion from the squire. An eyebrow raised and his head canted slightly to one side as he considered asking what was wrong. Should he have known this man? He’d seen so many faces, so many nameless faces, and it was possible that he forget one or two. The man seem put off, but since he didn’t address it directly, Orion let it go, seeking refuge in his drink as he listened to the man speak.

He found it peculiar, the man’s speech pattern. It started off controlled and proper, but as he dove more into what would turn out to be an interesting subject, the well-spoken man’s words picked up a thick accent, what he assumed was his actual way of tongue. Orion listened attentively as the man’s vague words grew more clear as he spoke. Was this actually happening?

Haddie? That some pet name?

The squire leaned forward in his chair, setting his elbows on the table. His fingers interlocked, and his thumbs sat flush against one another to provide a rest for his chin, which Orion used happily. He wanted to be as comfortable as he could be for what was likely to be a needlessly tense conversation. None of it made sense, why anyone would be approaching him on the subject of her. If he was a brother, why had he waited until after the babe was born to approach him?

”You should have stuck with the threat,” Orion replied after Ethan had finished. ”T’would have given me some insight onto what was really going on here.” Blue eyes locked onto Ethan, blinking occasionally as he sifted through his confusion. Suspicions existed, but they were soundless at this point. ”So tell me, Mister Ironhorse, what peace is it you seek to make with me? Business between Hadyn and I is just that, between us. What stake do you hold in this race?”

His fingers separated, left hand rotating so he could rest his head against it while his right retrieved his drink once more. The man seemed vaguely familiar at this point, though he couldn’t yet place his face. He seemed all too familiar with him and his ..whatever it was he had with Hadyn. As the bitter fluid touched his lips, Orion’s eyes shut, finding enjoyment in the drink he so rarely had time for these days. As he set the mug down, he regarded Ethan once more. ”You see, Ironhorse, small talk about a woman has never been a good thing in my experience. There’s always something..something more. So rather than all this vagueness about making peace, why don’t we just get to it and not waste either of our time?”
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on February 23rd, 2014, 6:11 pm

Ethan raised an eyebrow as Orion said the word business. To Ethan, family was something more than just cold coin and bartering. Family was everything, because it had seemed like he had never really had it. Sure he had a brother, father and mother, but his father had been focused on his brother Erik and making sure that he was the better farrier. His mother though a kind woman often focused on the city gossip and her washwomen friends. Liam, Ioan, Brody and Hadyn had been more family to him that to refer to any of them or his relationship with them as business seemed insulting. Ethan took the moment to instead drink his ale, trying to distant his own value of family and Hadyn to think about Orion. Since Hadyn and her fiancé broke up, Hadyn had always been distant. In fact Ethan had been so worried about approaching her afterwards that he felt like a self adsorbed fool. Ethan had been young and enjoyed chasing the girls and when Brody left, he had stopped going by the Skellig apartment for fear of finally telling Hadyn about his feelings and Liam or Ioan kicking in his head.

So as Ethan thought of Hadyn and Orion it made sense that neither one were emotionally committed to one another. “A’ight Squire, down to buis’ness as ya put it. I‘m here ta find somethin’ a’out ya to like, at the request of Haddie. See, she dun thinks that if we can respect one another than ya’s child won’t listen to snide comments about each other. M’feelin’s for Haddie aside, family is ‘bout belongin’ and love, and being a parent is ‘bout action and duty. When ya become a knight, ya will be gone for lengthy patrols, as such Haddie will bring ya boy to the forge. At first ‘veryone be real nice and not talk about ya, but eventually a tongue will wag and ya boy will hear something about ya. So if I’m watchin’ him or Yorrick is, don’t ya want those words to defend ya? Don’t ya want someone to tell the lad that is pa is doing the right things for him? Or would ya prefer him to hear the nasty stuff about ya and his ma?”

Ethan knew from experience the kind of talk that can happen at the forge. It was where he first learned his father was a better drunk then a farrier. That when his father was deep in his cups, he often thought of Ethan as a mistake more than a son. His grandfather had been there to give him love and reassurance, but it was always tough listening to such talk. Being forced to hear that your father thinks less of you, or other men think less of him had destroyed Ethan’s connection with him. He didn’t want that for Liam, he didn’t want Hadyn to have to explain that, but by Tyveth, Ethan was trying to keep his promise.

“So I agree’s with ya. No small talk ‘bout Haddie. So ya got a Tiaden yet or they stick ya with a Kavinka? I shoe’d a Tiaden once, petcher nearly took m’head off. White hoofs require a decent touch for shoeing, otherwise the farrier will trim too much of the hoof and the ride will be uneven.”
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on February 23rd, 2014, 6:58 pm

Orion listened to the man speak, confusion growing with each sentence and explanation. It didn’t really matter to the blue eyed squire what Ethan thought of him, because he wasn’t part of his life, though it was quickly growing clear he considered himself a large part of Hadyn’s. ”You’re working off of a lot of assumptions there, Ethan,” Orion began, shrugging as he did. ”See, I’m not likely to make snide comments about you, as I really have no idea who you are. I don’t make a habit of speaking ill of strangers.”

He leaned back in his chair, crystal blue eyes still resting on the stranger’s face. ”However,” he continued. ”If that’s something that is of concern, then it leads me to believe that you’ve said or thought your own fair share of things about me? Go ahead and stop me if I’m wrong, here, but I’m usually not.” People had been his business for far too long. He was prone to snap judgements, picking people’s words apart, and explosive reactions once he’d come to his answer. Some things never changed. ”I’ve never mentioned you, and truth be told, neither has Hadyn.” Orion folded his arms across his chest, annoyed by the man’s words. Whatever he’d expected to hear when he received the note, it wasn’t this.

”So let me make sure I’ve got this straight, Mister Ironhorse. You called me here to inform me you think ill of me, that you know what Hadyn is going to do, that you have all the answers, pretending that you’re doing this for my son and his mother, all under some thinly veiled pretense? Your feelings for Hadyn aside? Are you trying to convince me of that, or yourself?” Orion shook his head, smirking as he continued speaking. ”Well good news, Hadyn and I are a couple of new parents just trying to figure out. She isn’t my lover, and we’ve certainly made no talk of Cheva marks. So have at her. Tell her we’re all chummy, if that’s what it takes.”

Grasping his mug in his hands once again, Orion took another long, slow drink before finishing his reply. ”So no, I’m not terribly worried about what you’ll have to say about me. Based off of this lovely, and thankfully brief encounter, you are no one I wish defending my character. Hadyn will have the lion’s share of the say with this child’s opinion of me as it is, and we both know that.”

The mug found its way back onto the wooden tabletop as Orion's arms once again crossed his chest. He wasn't interested someone telling him what family was, offering what seemed to amount to a threat involving his child's opinion of him, and he especially wasn't interested in talking horses. Already a struggle, now the beasts would try and associate themselves with this fellow?
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on February 23rd, 2014, 11:32 pm

Ethan felt his jaw lock in a little bit of anger, once again Orion had dismissed Ethan as nothing. Ethan forced himself to calm down. You are here to keep a promise to Haddie, and even though he is acting aloft, there could be many reasons for it. Haddie is right, it will be beneficial for Liam, if both of us to gain at least some respect for one another. This is for Liam as much as Haddie, by keeping your promise to her, you are doing the right thing. Ethan briefly looked down at his mug and thought about smashing the Squires face in with it. So as he grasp the mug, he decided that he should at least drink the all the ale from it before breaking it over Orion’s face. So Ethan took a big pull from the mug, allowing the bitter brew to burn his throat. Ethan tipped the mug back upright realizing that he wasn’t going to finish it in one gulp and sat it back down on the table.

Ethan took a moment to clear his throat of the burning alcohol before speaking. It helped in the sense that Ethan slowly choked back the words that would have come out. If only Sylir was alive now, Ethan would probably be praying to him. “It’s true that I care a great deal for Haddie.” Ethan said removing his accent and clipping his words for precision. It always happened when Ethan took a moment to organize his thoughts prior to speaking. “And she only mentioned you as the blood parent of Liam, once. So in that regard, we are similar that Haddie has not spoken of either us to the other.” Calm. Think it through, Haddie wants this and Liam deserves peace between the men in his life. Ethan was able to feel the bubble of anger in his gut settle for a moment. Ethan closed his eyes and thought of several sentences but carefully disregard them as each time his anger seemed to rise and provide a point to the words in his head.

Ethan opened his eyes again, “Perhaps I should think about what’s best for Liam. As the boy’s parent what are your hopes and dreams for him? I ask because as I spend time with Haddie, I will spend time with Liam and I hope to reinforce those lessons in him.” Ethan had chosen to go with that sentence, to remove all the anger and male dominance aside. Liam… we can focus on him, he’s the real victim if I can’t find a way to speak with Orion. The boy should know of his blood parent and that means this won’t be the last meeting with Orion, and unless you are going to focus on swordplay and magic to kill him then you have to find a way to keep your promise. Ethan went over the question in his head and felt like it was the adult thing to say. It was the right question for Liam, to Ethan that was what was important; and his anger, jealousy, and smug attitude went away as he focused on Liam’s face in his mind.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on February 24th, 2014, 2:12 am

”It’s such a burden for you to speak to me, isn’t it, Ethan?”

Orion grinned, watching as Ethan seemed to grimace, wince, and fight off anger every time that the squire spoke. ”You really don’t like me, but here you are, talking to me. You’d think I’d punched a kitten every time I opened my mouth, animated as you get.” Shaking his head and sighing, the squire sat up straight before continuing to speak. ”See, I don’t get what’s in this for you. Not at all. Hadyn going to toss you a bone if you do this? Or is it you who are hoping to toss a bone her way. For all your efforts?” He couldn’t believe he was actually having this conversation. It seemed so very unlike Hadyn to send someone to do her dirty work like this. They’d learned to be direct with one another, if nothing else.

There he was, bringing up Liam again. It irked the squire that he kept talking like he was going to be some kind of adoptive father, as though such a thing was already decided. ”You know, Ironhorse, I don’t think you quite understand what I’m saying here. If I wouldn’t trust you to vouch for my questionable character, why would I want to talk with you about my son, much less trust you around him? All these assumptions, all these presumptions. Did Hadyn send you here to get some breathing room from you? Gods know I need it already and we’ve just started drinking.” Orion reached down into his coin purse and tossed a few coins on the table, enough to cover their drinks plus a little extra. ”Or finished drinking, rather.” He then tied off the leather pouch, securing it place before placing his hands on the table to help push himself to his feet.

”So tell me, do you want to be Liam’s father? Does Hadyn really want you to fill that role? Maybe you want her to want you to fill that role? Is it jealousy that’s eating you alive, leaving you looking like you want to slit my throat? Wish he was yours? You simply must help me out here, because you never did explain if I had the right of it earlier.” Flashing the blacksmith a toothy grin, Orion grabbed his sheathed sword from atop the table and began attach it back to its spot at his side. ”I can’t begin to express how disinterested I am in discussing Liam with you. So go ahead and scurry back to Hadyn, tell her what an awful man I am, and do whatever it is that you do. I’ve got better things to do than entertain a man reeking of jealousy.”

Orion started to walk away, pausing to toss one more exchange Ethan’s way. ”And the worst part about it, is that I can see it in the way that you carry yourself around me that you villainize me. Every time I do anything, you look like you want to punch me. As a physician I’ve been reading people my entire life, Ironhorse. People lie, people beat around the bush, they don’t want to tell you what’s actually wrong, what actually happened. Blame me all you want, but I certainly wasn’t lacking an invite back to her apartment.”
Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on February 24th, 2014, 4:44 pm

It was strange watching Orion, as he felt himself disconnect. Once he started to realize that he was here for Liam and Hadyn, that there wasn’t a prize or reward but this was something you did for family, Ethan grew calm and his mind cut through his emotions. Ethan had started this conversation with the idea of doing this and being loved because he did so. He had viewed his relationship with Hadyn much like that, do this to prove your love. When in actuality, you did things out of love not as proof but because you loved them. Hadyn had wanted Ethan to come here and make peace with Orion, because it was the right thing for Liam and Hadyn as a family. It wasn’t till Ethan had focused on Liam’s face and thought of his blue eyes staring at him that Ethan finally got it. His ego, his opinions, didn’t mean anything, for you put it all aside and filled yourself up with love of your child and family. Orion began to get up and put on his sword, but for Ethan a look of serene calm came over his face.

Orion wasn’t important to Ethan, if Ethan accepted that he cared for the Liam and Hadyn. Which he did in a deep manner, then Orion wasn’t worth any thought. Sure the jealousy and anger for the man was there, but somehow the idea of Hadyn and Liam as a part of his family meant that Orion would have access, but if Ethan choose to be a father to Liam then he would be there day after day, not Orion, just as his grandfather had been there for him. Ethan sat there listening and realized that yes he had villianified the man after Hadyn had told him that he was blood parent. Yet what worried Ethan was his original concern that the man had no plan to replace the ones he destroyed.

Ethan sudden realized that there was only one thing that he wanted and answer to from Orion. As the squire tossed his last verbal taunt, Ethan spoke his last question before the man could leave. “Did Sera Alicia Frostfawn recover from the leecher and her surgery?” He was generally interested in answer, he had left notes with the knighthood about her, but the quiet stone wall was raised and Ethan never got anywhere.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Next