Completed [Various] Treachery (Annalisa)

Even a child knew how betrayal felt like.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

[Various] Treachery (Annalisa)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on February 19th, 2014, 7:57 am

OOCAlright then! This should be my last post. Can't wait for our plots to unravel, delicious, delicious plots, ehehehe~

Thank you for threading with me, it's always a pleasure. :)

Anna's pitiful gasps for breath were like music to the phantom's ears, she inched her face closer, wanting to examine each facial muscle spasm on the human, how her cheeks and eyes twitched due to her hold, it was like watching a puppet show really, the puppet jerking around. Her twisted childish glee caused her to forgot about restraint, the power of her materialization left unchecked for about two ticks, but it was enough to cause sizzling sounds akin to dry ice freezing a warm surface emanating from the point of contact. When Anna choked and exhaled misty breaths, Kouri realized this and released her hand, two bruised blue hand-shaped marks left on each of Anna's cheeks.

Her crimson eyes watched the woman fell to her knees, trying to catch some much needed breaths, "Good then, it's a promise, you won't break it this time, no?" The ghost girl extended her right hand then patted Anna's head, slight sizzling sounds produced as the result, but the contact barely last for half a tick so it wouldn't be fatal. The ghost girl then clasped her hands behind her back as her child form floated back onto the ground, her long alabaster hair swaying unnaturally, defying the Prairie wind's flow. Looking at Anna now, the ghost girl thought she had learn the lesson, what she did to the sorceress was a mere fraction of her true power, it would do the human good not to underestimate her just because she was a little girl.

"Three days, huh?" She tilted her head, her tone and stare didn't bother to hide its suspicion. There was a possibility Anna would plan something else instead of writing the Oath and besides, was it so hard to write an Oath? Just take a piece of paper and write fancy words on them, right? Maybe, since this particular Oath was for the Gods, Kouri assumed Anna would have to compose it carefully, making sure the Gods would like it, better not to anger them, especially Morwen. The Frost Goddess was mostly gentle, but anger her, and even Kouri's deadly chilling touch could be considered comfortably warm compared to Morwen's icy rage. "Okay, three days, if you don't come, I'll come looking for you."

Kouri crouched down, hugging her knees, as she extended her index finger to the ground, focusing the soulmist on the tip as she started drawing, first, she drew a stick figure of a girl with long hair, "This is me," then a larger stick figure, also with long hair, "This is you," finally, she completed the drawing by sketching three more figures, each representing Rena, Kriemhild, and Mia, "And we will be a happy family, Mommy". She giggled as she finished the sentence, then her next words were accompanied by a shift in tone, much deeper in pitch, "But if you lie to me again," She drew a streak of line spawning from the girl's back, crossing through Anna's figure's neck, giving the image of decapitation, "We'll have a problem..."

Then she stood back up, her form suddenly vanishing as she appeared directly behind Anna in an instant later, "Let's hope it's a genuine promise this time," Then she started to float away, muttering some words in Vani, "I hate liars..."

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 19th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Anna had let out a choking cry of pain when Kouri had held her face for two solid ticks with the fully materialized hands, her mind embroiled in just escaping the infernal touch. It felt like she was being burned, and she could certainly hear the sound of sizzling flesh as her skin cells started to die. The contact was torturous really, and as ashamed as she was to admit it the dark haired woman would have probably said anything to have be taken away. Once it was and she had fallen to her knees, whimpers of pain unbefitting her were what escaped her mouth.

She touched a hand to her face, pain flaring once she made contact with the injuries. Anna had know doubt that if she didn't treat them properly with a salve of some kind that she would be sporting scars from this meeting. It was a brand really in Anna's eyes, a mark a master might place upon a slave. That's what Kouri wanted after all, her childish ideas of 'friendship' and 'family' were little better than slavery. Only it was much worse because she wanted it to be eternal.

A part of Anna's mind mocked her, citing that what she was going to do to Kouri was going to be the very same thing. Only it would be even worse than what she wanted, because the child would have know choice but to obey her. The Grand Oath overruled much of the victim's free will to ensure that they would not disobey the contents of the contract. This particular Oath would be essentially permanently binding to the child. She'd belong to Anna for as long as one continued to exist in this world, Kouri had plenty of time while Anna's life was short.

Her eyes had watched Kouri's sadistic little drawing, allowing a shiver to course down her spine at the clear demonstration of her threat. Really, Kouri managed to outdo Anna in matters of cruelty, not because the girl necessarily had a cruel mind but more because she was a child. Anna recalled when she had been a little girl she had tortured a variety of insects, pulling the wings off of flies and laughing while sadistically smashing ants under her thumb. Kouri was stuck in that mindset, and she was also very much a powerful ghost so that made her even more dangerous. To her, the rest of the world might as well have been one big ant colony and people were just the things that made funny crunching noises when she ground them under her metaphorical thumb.

Anna shivered as Kouri had blinked behind her, the child's words dripping with menace whether it was intentional or not. Or perhaps she just got that from staring at the stick figure that represented her, a line through its neck that symbolized a rather gruesome decapitation. Fear, that was what she was feeling, gut wrenching fear at how something so powerful could lack empathy of any sort. Anna herself was a monster, but she occasionally felt some remorse for her actions, or suffered from nightmares regarding her experiences.

Kouri though, she was too young mentally to really care about looking at things from another's perspective. The girl had been hurt and the reasons for that hurt were irrelevant, she just wanted to make certain it never happened again. There was a strange kind of sick innocence with which she went about this, idly Anna wondered if she had ever really properly grasped the concepts of life and death. Given the nature of her existence that was very difficult to say.

For her part Anna stumbled towards the directions of the Citadel, rage and hurt slowly building in her heart as she touched the small cold hand shaped burns on either cheek. The sorceress was ready for her work to come, that sick thrill of betrayal rising in her mind. This time she did not push it aside, letting it fill her in full and prepare her for what laid ahead. Rhysol work would be done in the coming days, just as it had been done tonight.

OOCLikewise, I rather enjoy threading with you as well! Once I finish my solo I'll get up the signing thread so we can get that out of way quickly enough. ;)
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mirage on March 11th, 2014, 11:06 pm

Annalisa

Skills Improved
  • Negotiations - +4
  • Persuasion - +3
  • Rhetoric - +1

Lores Gained
  • Fuguki: Twisting the mind with distorted logic
  • Fubuki: Turning the tides, ever so slightly
  • Lore of Self: Locking yourself in a corner

Rewards
Escaped with her life!

Character Notes
Good job the both of you!! I KINDA was hoping for a bit of bloodshed, however, this works out just as well ^.^. Oh how the bonds of friendship will be tested. Maybe followers of Rhysol are never meant to have friends? PM me if you have any concerns :). Oh Anna you got extra points for just BARELY dodging a good dicing. Good job talking your way out of that one lol.

Fubuki

Skills Improved
N/A

Lores Gained
  • Annalisa: Tried to protect her own interests
  • Annalisa: Not what she appeared
  • Annalisa: An offering of adoption and a Grand Oath

Character Notes
Great job! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to PM me!

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Previous