Completed [Anthonius Fighters' Pits] The Worst Kind.

Yet another Kelvic meets Medhozic. How many are there?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Fighters' Pits] The Worst Kind.

Postby Medhozic on February 21st, 2014, 8:47 pm

"Be glad that hole is only in your armor and not in your skin." Watching the Kelvic watching his armor, well.. that was just an opportunity wasted. So he struck out again, this time with the opposite arm, in a rather crude punch. With one arm free, he could use the other however he wished.. though it wasn't the best decision, admittedly, to use it for offense when he should have used it to stop the rather crude attack. No matter. It was a cross-fire.. the pommel on his shoulder, and a fist in Sei's gut. One of them would have to pull away, and it wouldn't be him - he could live with a few moments of imbalance as the brunt of the pommel struck his shoulder and turned the joint numb for a while. The left arm wouldn't be as important at the right anyway.. since the right would be the one deflecting the next attack that came for the stomach, sweeping around from right to left over the front of his body and catching the flat face of the dagger in the process, throwing it off course.

Of course, this left the perfect opportunity - with his right arm crossed over his body - to elbow Sei in the chest before quickly stepping back, always keeping his own daggers blade braced between Sei's dagger and his body. "Then start counter-attacking." It was almost a taunt to the man, if the Ethaefal would ever drop so low. However, he was feeling.. confident in himself, for the first time in quite a while. Most of the work was being done with his arms.. he'd have to work on using more of his legs in the next bout. But as long as he kept himself level.. as long as he remained calm above all else, then he should be fine.

His opponent would be another story. The Kelvic apparently couldn't decide what he was trying to do - talk himself out of the fight or just punch his way out. Or just whine over the fact that he had a hole in his armor, as if he couldn't buy some more. And as if it was his own skin that had been cut, rather than a piece of dead leather. "You should be concentrating more on the spar than your clothes, otherwise you will find more holes in them very soon."

"My Speech." | "Your Speech." | "Hypnosis."
Medhozic
Player

Words: 187261
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2013, 7:59 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on February 28th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Sei twisted out of the way to avoid Medhozic's first strike, and glared at the man. He would never understand his opponent, especially when he said so little. He snarled at Medhozic's comment, unaware of an elbow heading straight for his chest. The Kelvic took a few steps back while holding his chest. He laughed with a hint of pain, and glared at his opponent. "Heh, you got me. It's about time. Your weaker than I thought, though."

Sei needed to get the upper hand, so the fact that his strike to Medhozic's arm had worked helped. Hopefully that arm would be much slower. The Kelvic gave his opponent an arrogant smirk, and clutched his dagger a bit harder. He took a step forward to swing his empty fist for Medhozic's stomach.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Medhozic on March 3rd, 2014, 6:44 pm

He'd shown weakness. Not in defeat.. but in victory. Damn it all.. he should have known better. He was becoming no better than the man that stood before him. And trying to contemplate all of these things, while also focusing on a fight of swords was just accepting defeat in the end. Surely the man stood before him wasn't thinking the same things. He didn't show any signs of it.. but that might just be the Ethaefal not picking up on any signs. He shouldn't have been trying to focus on that either - he should have been focusing on the petching blade! What was wrong with him?!

Of course, amongst all of this.. the heavy thud of something against his stomach came as a bit of a surprise, and the Ethaefal bent over with a heavy grunt as air was forced out of his lungs and his stomach seemed to grumble for a second, as it pressed back. That was his fault.. he should have seen it coming, but he hadn't. Petch all of the petching petches of the world - he was even seeing a few stars as he recoiled, free hand now clutching the point that the fist had struck, and his eyes set on the man. Well, now he was just asking for it.. but he'd have to step up a bit, and focus if he was going to make any head-way like before. And this time, he wasn't going to get all snotty when he did manage to get away with a nick or a scratch.. he was going to keep his eye on the ball. "Ow."

At least he'd stepped back to give a little space between them. And at least he hadn't dropped his dagger. That was the positives to take away from that experience.. and the negatives would probably be felt for a while longer, when combined with that damnable hit on his arm. He still had enough fight for one more, and then he'd probably call it a day and set off. And here it went - a rather shoddy, but a light jab for the abdomen of Sei. Quick step forwards, slightly rushed.. though his free hand held his stomach this time, so his balance would hopefully not be too impeded. Besides, it'd probably mean that he'd at least have a chance of following up afterwards.

Medhozic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on March 5th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Sei stared blankly at Medhozic, mostly awe-truck that he'd actually hit the guy. He snapped back to the present and gave Medhozic a sinister grin before watching him taker a few steps back, grunting and clutching his stomach. The Kelvic let out a soft chuckle, braced his dagger, than spoke. "Did I actually cause the weird horned man pain?! Serves you right for cutting my armor!" He snarled. He calmed down a bit and waited for Medhozic's next strike.

His opponent threw a rather weak jab at his abdomen, and Sei carefully brought up his dagger to deflect it. If he would have mistimed, he would have been stabbed. And that would not be pretty. Sei snorted and turned away. "Let's call it a day horns. I'm tired."
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Medhozic on March 5th, 2014, 8:16 pm

He sighed. It was about the best thing that he could do for the moment, in the face of the man that seemed so bent on degrading him.. even when he had been taken down a peg as well. It was infuriating, really. But he kept it bottled down in the pit of his stomach where it would be safe from the outside world. He'd shown weakness.. and he wouldn't make the same mistake. At least, that was what he kept on telling himself. "Keep up the talk, and you will only find more pain yourself." He struggled slightly with his breaths, still with the hand resting on his stomach, but he managed it anyway and soon turned away from the man as soon as he decided that he didn't want to do any more. That suited the Ethaefa fine since he didn't feel like it either.

Still.. perhaps he would take up another fight with Sei, later. Perhaps show him a lesson in humility. Although he'd shown that for all of his abusive arrogance and snide comments, he had a bit of punch to him - literally. He'd have to make sure that he wouldn't fall foul to it if he ever faced it again.. there could have been a dagger in that fist and it could have left a hole in his stomach. "Yes. I am as well." Something told him that there would be no goodbye for either of them, so he did not bother to give one. He turned, shook his head minutely, and then walked away.

The last thing to do was hang up the blunt dagger on the wheelable stall that had been set out, before he ventured out into the streets of Syliras. Most likely to return to the forest and do some light hunting.. and examine his wounds, to find out how serious they were. Probably nothing that a few days and some water from the Springs wouldn't solve eventually. And it wasn't like anyone was going to notice bruising on a body made of marble.

Medhozic
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on March 15th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Medhozic :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Weapon: Dagger +3 XP
Brawling +2 XP
Tactics +1 XP
Teaching +1 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Combat: Combining Dagger With Fist
Sei Tendo: Talks Too Much

Loots

Sei :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Weapon: Dagger +2 XP
Brawling +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Medhozic Is Surprisingly Fast
Dagger: Pommel Strike

Loots
+1 Shield Point

Notes :
Sei, I know this is an old thread, but my point still stands, your replies here are far too short. :) Your replies now are good though, so don't worry.

I really appreciate you both playing to your skill level and I enjoyed their tense interaction, enjoy your grades, guys!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous