Completed [The Forge] Luck Is Indeed Strange (Osd)

Rachel reunites with Osd in his master's workshop

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Forge] Luck Is Indeed Strange (Osd)

Postby Rachel Messer on March 5th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Osd's answer was rather obvious, fight or run, but she wasn't asking for that, the girl was asking on how exactly she should fight or run, how a proper punch would be like and how she could get away as fast as possible. Still, Osd might be just teaching her the very basics first as she claimed she didn't know shyke about fighting. The girl listened as she walked to a nearby chair and sat on it, letting the older boy lecture her. What he said was true, sometimes one must know when to retreat even though the evil men was still standing, live to fight another day. Rachel rubbed her left hand with her right, feeling her soft muscles, muscles that must be strengthened if she was to survive in this anarchic city.

At last, Osd went into the specifics, she told him that one should look for an escape route first to retreat or pick a weapon if one wanted to fight. The day would come when she had to take a choice whether to kill or be killed, unfortunately, some lives just couldn't saved, Priskil would understand if she killed out of self-defense. The girl assumed Osd would be using the backyard for them to train, Rachel obediently got up to follow Osd, but not before muttering a 'thank you' to the blacksmith.

As they walked, Rachel's green eyes examined the place, there were many stuffs made of metal, expected of a blacksmith workshop, they were mostly ordered neatly, what piqued her attention was the large hole on the ceiling, the girl assumed it wasn't supposed to be there unless the Osd's master had some kind of weird housing preference, "Is that the hole you were talking about?" She idly asked, expecting the answer to be 'yes'.

Arriving in the backyard, Rachel hesitated for a few ticks before walking forward to join Osd, standing before him. "Uhm..." She was hesitant, but she couldn't back down now, the girl swallowed her fears by activating her gnosis, the soft golden light eroding her fears, replacing it with courage. "Oh?! I uhm... okay!" Osd's command took her by surprise for a tick, then her feet moved towards the door, going as fast as she could, so startled, she didn't realize Osd was trying to punch her, her instincts told her he was going to chase him instead by that punching motion. The blond girl would try as best as she could to reach the door, but of course, Osd could easily catch up to her if he wanted.
Last edited by Rachel Messer on March 6th, 2014, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Osd on March 5th, 2014, 7:16 pm

The little girl managed to get out of the way of his punch, trying to dart past him instead. Unfortunately for her though. She wasn't fast enough to get out of his reach in time. Osd turned around and grabbed the little girl firmly by the collar of her shirt and janked her back towards him. He wrapped his other free arm around her throat and put some pressure on it. Not enough to hurt or to impede her breathing, but just to trap her.“Too slow and to reckless. If you are going to show somebody your back then do it when you know for sure when he can't get ya. Otherwise this happens. Now I can just choke ya to death if I want.” he dragged her away from the door, further away from where she started on her last attempt. Then he threw her on the ground and took a few steps back giving her time and space to get back on her feet. Giving her an apologetic grin. “I probably should have told ya before we started this. But I just thought about it when I saw ya make the mistake.” He simply explained. “That's probably going to be how the rest of the lesson goes. You screwing up and me trying to explain how you don't screw up.” He grinned.

This time he didn't give her a warning, as soon as he finished talking he attacked again. Closing the distance between them and throwing wide punches at her. They weren't really intended to hit, he wanted her to back away from him and thus put more distance between her and the door and put the pressure on her. Osd didn't know a lot about fighting. Even though he did it a lot. But what he did know is that there was a lot of pressure and fear involved. Best way to practice making decisions in that state was putting her in that state. Being thrown into the deep end of the pool. That's how he learned and he turned out mostly okay. After a few punches he rushed towards her and tried to grab her again.
Osd
Slave blacksmith

Words: 70151
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rachel Messer on March 6th, 2014, 1:59 pm

When she felt the collar of her dress suddenly being grabbed, for barely tick, Rachel felt she was truly threatened by the older boy in front of her. Her face showed true horror, but she soon composed herself, knowing it was Osd, the boy who saved her. The girl instinctively raised both of her hands to wrench away Osd's grip on her throat, he wasn't trying much though and didn't try to actually hurt her, but Rachel would prefer he removed his hand soon. "Mmm..." She responded to his instructions with a meek nod, so to run away, one must make sure the assailant wasn't ready to intercept them. It should be obvious, yet the girl didn't realize it, it made her realize just how inept she was in terms of street-smarts.

"W-what?" She expected him to release her, not drag her, Rachel wailed in protest, grasping at his arm, "Let me go!" He did soon enough, by throwing her on the ground, Rachel landed on her butt, wincing in pain, she scampered to a standing position, pouting at Osd in annoyance. "Hmph." The girl crossed her arms over her chest then looked away, she actually liked how sincere he was in teaching her, but could he be more sensitive to her feelings? Oh, bad guys wouldn't care about it and he was playing a bad guy right now, Rachel supposed he played his part well.

"Okay, let's hope I don't screw up agai- Wha?!" Her sentence was interrupted when he suddenly threw a punch at her, Rachel did the first that came to her mind and that was... to cower down in fear, crouching on the ground with her hands above her head, trembling, "N-no! No!" Then she realized how pathetic she must looked, but by that time, wild fake punches were already thrown, Rachel backed away from him by dragging herself backwards, her eyes wide opened in consternation. She instinctively retaliated by trying to kick Osd away from her, flailing her legs in futility.

If Osd didn't grab her or hinder any of her movements, Rachel would stand up and slowly backed away until she tripped and fell to one of Osd's teacher flowerbeds, sending petals everywhere, "A-ah!" She put both of her hands to her mouth, "I'm sorry!"

"Common" | Thoughts

Note: Radiant here, Syliras have an AS, so I'm getting her back up. ;)
Rachel Messer
Light of Hope

Words: 141244
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Osd on March 7th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Osd hadn't been expecting much from Rachel, but he at least would have hoped she tried to defend herself and try to find a way out. How badly thought out it would have been. Instead she just cowered down before him. Osd let out a disappointed sigh as she scampered away from him like a dog that just got a kick in the side. He shook his head, idly wondering how she ever managed to survive in sunberth if she reacted like this to violence. Just because she was acting like that didn't mean he would let up. Even though it really didn't seem nice or fun to beat a beaten opponent like her to the ground. She needed to learn that freezing up like that would be the death of you in a fight.

He stopped his attempt to grab her when she began kicking, though he really was stretching it here to call it a kick. It was more a random flailing of the legs. Unfortunately for both osd noticed to late which direction he was driving rachel towards and rachel hadn't even noticed it at all in her blind panic. He tried to grab her as she tripped and fell towards them. But he wasn't fast enough. He let out a groan. “Oh petch,petch petch.” He cursed as he pulled rachel out of the flowerbed. “We're both petched if he finds out.” He gave a look at the flowers, the idea of training momentary out of his mind. There was a nice imprint of rachel's butt and hand in the flowerbed, no way that his master wouldn't notice it. “Yeah, we're petched if we can't cover this up.” He reached down and tried to pull the flowers up straight, brushing some of the other flowers sidewards to hopefully cover up the hole. He gave rachel a look. She looked alright, but she was covered from head to toe in petals of the flowers. Despite the situation they were in he couldn't help but laugh a bit at the sight. “Maybe we could use you to plug the hole in the flowerbed. With all the petals you look enough like a flower yourself!” He sniggered.
Osd
Slave blacksmith

Words: 70151
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Character sheet

Postby Zandelia on May 21st, 2014, 8:47 am

Rachel :
Skills

Brawling - 2
Observation - 3
Socialization - 3
Interrogation - 2
Persuasion - 2
Running - 1

Lores

Justice Without Power Is Meaningless
Brawling: Fight Or Flight
Brawling: Start By Getting A Weapon, Any Weapon

Osd :
Skills

Brawling - 2
Blacksmithing - 2
Observation - 3
Socialization - 3
Reading - 1
Mathematics - 1

Lores

Blacksmithing Tech: The Making Of Nails
Talking Shop: I Hate Whiny Customers
Brawling: Fight Or Flight
Brawling: Start By Getting A Weapon, Any Weapon

Notes :
Shame this ended a bit abruptly, would have liked to see some proper Brawling. I gave xp in it for the teaching where I could.

Any issues with my grade? Please fell free to PM at any time. Keep Writing!
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous