[Location] Stumble Alley

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] Stumble Alley

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 3:37 pm

Stumble Alley

ImageEveryone knew to stay away from the Alley. At least, all the locals did.

Nestled into the center of the city Stumble Alley was the home of many small establishments. Taverns, shops, even a few empty houses, to the casual observer it was no different than any other street in Sunberth. Yet there were no bums, no stray dice games, or any traffic to speak of. The narrow alleyway was bereft of life of any sort. Even the animals stayed out. While during the day a man was able to navigate the cobbled ground, after the twenty-second bell the bars emptied and the shops closed. Only a single door remained unlocked and no one was brave enough to figure out what lay beyond. On occasion a drunk would stumble into the alley without his wits never to be seen or heard from again. Everyone knew to stay away from the Alley.

Under the grace of sunlight Stumble Alley made for the perfect hideaway. Many of the homes were abandoned, making for a comfortable spot for the man down on his luck or just a bum without a roof. With its reputation very few of the common Sunberth rabble stick their noses into the area, making it - ironically - one of the safest haunts in the city. Just remember to leave by midnight.

NPCs

The Codger

Image A little on the crazy side, Codger is Stumble Alley's only long time inhabitant. He's older than ancient, in his words, and rarely makes much sense. Codger is the only man ever to wander the alley at night and be seen the next morning, leaving those who care to ask questions in awe. Many believe he is the one responsible for the disappearances, or maybe the creature takes pity on the old fool in his senility. Whatever the truth, Codger is rarely taken seriously, as he spends most of his day shouting unintelligible warnings and begging locals for spare coin. He smells and has never once changed his clothing, citing the old, ragged cloak over his shoulders as the only reason he's still alive. Whatever that means.

Skills - Camouflage (City Streets) 71, Begging 67, Larceny 27, Impersonation 16, Rhetoric 26

Red the Elder

Red owns the alley. That's what he'll tell you, anyway. The responsible owner of the "Disappearing Drunk", Red makes his living off of exploiting the dark, dreary alley where he makes his home during the day. His Tavern is open from the first chime of the tenth bell to the last of the twenty-first, where he will then chase as many people as he can away for the night. Red is a stubborn, old Inartan with a hazy past, one that he rarely talks about, but he's known to be able to handle himself well, even participating in Johnny's cage fights every now and again. A tall, robust man, Red was most likely a warrior at some point, maybe even a soldier, but all the locals know is that the axe behind the counter is not a showpiece.

Skills - Weapon: Axe 42, Intimidation 31, Storytelling 23, Business 20, Brewing 30
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

[Location] Stumble Alley, The Disappearing Drunk

Postby Desya Gold on April 14th, 2012, 10:23 am

17th of Spring, 512 AV, The Disappearing Drunk

It was still early; the tenth chime had rung barely half an hour prior. Opening the door to the Disappearing Drunk she peaked inside. The tavern was spacy, and in surprisingly good condition. There were a few tables with chairs and a long battered, wooden counter. Behind the counter there were a few shelf and cupboards, bottles of unknown liquor and a door in the corner.

Adorning the wall was a large battle axe, it's lethal blade glinted in the light, most of which was provided by the touches on the walls and the candles on the tables.

Edging inside she eyed the few customers, slumped against the tables. Closing the door behind her she approached the counter hesitantly.
Straightening she heaved in a deep breath and strode towards the man behind the counter with all the confidence she could muster. Honestly she wasn't quite sure what she was getting herself into, the job itself seemed simple enough, but knowing the kinds of people that resided in Sunberth she could guess that it wasn't going to be any piece of cake.

A man stood behind the counter. He was tall, and even though he looked much older than herself he still gave of the air of being more than capable of taking care of himself. His hair was red, as was his beard.
This must be Red the Elder.

"Erm, Excuse me... sir?" She asked hesitantly. Taking another breath she steadied herself. "I'm here about the job."
Desya Gold
You're saying it wrong.

Words: 14219
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2012, 4:40 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet