Binding the Undying.

Anna creates a Grand Oath.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Binding the Undying.

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 20th, 2014, 3:23 am

37th of Winter, 513 AV

The room was so familiar, it looked almost like she had never left it in all honesty. Amaryllis hadn't asked many questions when Anna had requested to use her room in the Palsa Hydrasa, simply what she would be doing. When the Sorceress had answered to Glyphing that she would prefer to keep from prying eyes the Embalmer had stared at her for a long while. In the end she had granted the request, however Anna felt that either Amaryllis suspected what she was making or simply didn't overly care as long as the Palsa Hydrasa wasn't brought down.

Anna was surrounded by parchment and inkwells, which were carefully separated into two different sections. The ones to her right appeared expensive and elegant looking, rich and powerful and the ink was scented oddly to Anna's nose. The ones on her left were ordinary and cheap, common things she could find in the Common Labs. They were simple things, not for her ultimate task today.

The Sorceress lightly touched her cheek, wincing slightly as she touched the cold burn there. The dark haired woman felt rage rise in her mind once more as she recalled the events of last night, how Kouri had marked her like this and tormented her. She had been the victim of abuse, though it was all worth it for this end goal. Kouri had agreed to sign an Oath Anna would create, a Grand Oath upon the divine halls of the Ukalas. In return she expected the sorceress to sign one of her own, one that would ensure Anna would never betray her again.

What the girl did not realize likely, was that Anna had the means to fake the results of a Grand Oath. All she needed was an official looking document in a language Kouri could not read, Nader Canoch and then a Glyph set to activate when she signed in her own blood. Anna should have felt bad about deceiving the ghostly child, but she found it hard to feel sympathetic towards her after the abuse she had received. Kouri needed to be brought to heel, betrayal of her trust or not.

Anna was currently working on her side of the agreement, simply writing line after line of gibberish in Nader Canoch. It was given some form and format, and occasionally she put in a Glyph here or there to keep up appearances. The Sorceress pushed aside reservations, reciting a litany to Rhysol's glory under her breath. It was his work she did tonight, betrayal and chaos in his name. Kouri would become his tool, she had already lured her in with lies now it was time to set the stage for more.

Her brush worked at the lines until the document was mostly filled, which was when she drew an x with a line next to it. This would be where her signature would go, to be placed in her own blood. Next to that she Anna placed her true work for the document, starting on a small stylized inverted triangle. This made up her Focus Glyph, she drew it with all due skill and speed next to the signature line.

The tall woman finished that Glyph quickly enough and from there she started on a ring of stylized geometric symbols around the Focus. This made up her Barrier Glyph, and was given the concepts of 'containing' and 'holding'. This would make certain the magic she would place within the Glyph would be contained until she activated the Trigger. Her hand moved quickly and skillfully, her brush teasing at the parchment easily and almost instinctively.

Next to her Barrier Anna placed a jumble of geometric symbols, her Trigger for all intents and purposes. This was always the most difficult Glyph to create, as it required thought on her part. She needed the Trigger to be specific here, to make it activate under the exact parameters that would give the illusion of a Grand Oath being accepted. After a bit if thinking Anna nodded to herself, adding a line of Nader Canoch beneath it.

When this document is signed with the name 'Annalisa Marin' in the blood of said Annalisa Marin, the Trigger will activate, lowering the Barrier and releasing the magic contained within.

This task done, Anna placed her brush aside and idly pulled at the tapestry of her being and tugged at her Djed. She breathed out and created a tiny purple gaseous cloud of res, willing it downwards towards the Glyph. From here she willed a transmutation, a very small breeze that was almost imperceptible filling the Glyph and priming the Glyph.

She sighed and placed the document aside, her false Oath completed she pulled over another mundane document and dipped her brush in the common ink. She needed to go through some drafts before actually creating the Oath. Her final product needed to be perfect and binding, to make certain Kouri would be hers.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Binding the Undying.

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 20th, 2014, 4:19 am

Anna brushed an errant strand of hair from her face, nibbling on her lower lip as she started on her first draft. It was not exactly an easy task to create a Grand Oath, not only did it take bells just to create the document itself but it required a good amount of legalese. One needed to make certain the exact wording of the contract was not easily escaped from, though Anna had a few ideas how to overrule any issues that might arise. She just needed to make it so that her orders were the thing that Kouri would follow, regardless of the other conditions she would place obedience was what she was after in the end.

Starting it was rather easy, Anna knew exactly how to start a Grand Oath as they all started the same way. It was a contract sworn upon the divine halls of the Ukalas and all the gods that dwelled within. So one started quite naturally by outlining what they were swearing by in the contract. It was a simple thing to say, but the contract would ensure that Kouri would be forever bound her word.

I, the undersigned, hereby swear upon the divine halls of the Ukalas and all those that dwell within that I shall follow the conditions outlined below:

This done Anna pondered how to word her first condition to the contract. She needed to make certain Kouri obeyed her orders after all so perhaps starting it with that would get things out of the way. She started scrawling out the simple condition, figuring it to be simple enough.

-I will follow the orders of Annalisa Marin.

As she looked back over the rather simplistic command the tall woman frowned, thinking over how very vague that seemed. It was rather like a poor Trigger and thus seemed much easier to circumvent than one with more in depth and complex wording. So the tall sorceress, being ever the perfectionist decided to correct this and make it a bit more specific.

-I will follow the orders of Annalisa Marin. These orders shall be unquestioning, I shall obey them regardless of the harm it might bring to myself and others.

Anna nodded to herself, that seemed much more binding to her and much more specific. By making them unquestioning she took away the possibility of disobedience and could the make Kouri do as she wished. The other part simply compounded upon that and would serve to override her sense of self preservation, or do away with the possibility of her disobeying because she ordered to kill someone. Still, Anna pondered what might occur if conflict was created between this line and others. Perhaps it would be good to specify that this line overruled all others.

-I will follow the orders of Annalisa Marin. These orders shall be unquestioning, and I shall obey them regardless of the harm it might bring to myself or others. In the event of conflict between this line and others, this line overrules all others.

That seemed like a good, solid first condition to have on the beginning of the document. This task accomplished Anna moved onto a second condition, one that would prevent Kouri from causing harm to her. As before the condition was started out simplistically.

-I will never cause harm to Annalisa Marin.

Looking back over it Anna found it much too vague for her liking, as it left open to interpretation far too much. She needed to specify what exactly she considered harm to be and the means for which that harm might be delivered. It also opened up the possibility that Kouri could act through proxy, such as assassins as it would not be her causing harm to Anna. That would need to be narrowed down.

-I will never cause harm or allow harm to befall Annalisa Marin if I am present to prevent it, through means magical, mundane, or ghostly, directly or indirectly, or through my actions or inactions.

Anna smirked at this line, nodding as she looked over it as it ironed out much of the issues present in the original. Luckily, even if it was not as air tight as she would like her first line would always overrule this one. So even if Kouri found a way around it Anna's commands would still reign supreme. With this done Anna started on her next line, this time remembering to keep specifics in mind. This one would prevent Kouri from telling others of the Grand Oath she had signed.

-I will not speak of the signing of this contract to any other than Annalisa Marin, unless given direct permission from Annalisa Marin that I may tell a certain individual.

The tall Sorceress was about to move onto the next part of the contract when something appeared off about the line. It took her a couple of read overs to realize what it was, the wording would damn her. She had restricted her speech, yes, but Kouri had other methods of communications being a ghost. She could write it out or even communicate with a host using possession, such as Mistress Wanda. No, that would not do, she needed to rob her of the ability to tell anyone entirely.

-I will not communicate the signing of this contract, or anything regarding this Grand Oath or the conditions contained herein to any other than Annalisa Marin, via means direct or indirect, unless given direct permission from Annalisa Marin that I may tell a certain individual.

Satisfied that this line got the point across much more clearly and concisely the tall woman started to move on to the next things. Considering that Kouri knew of her mark of Chaon and of Rhysol it seemed like a good idea to tie up that loose end as quickly as she could. That little bit of information could ruin her very easily. She used the wording of her previous restriction as a guide for this one, slowly learning from mistakes.

-I will not communicate the name or worship of Rhysol, Annalisa Marin's relationship or worship of Rhysol, or Annalisa Marin's Mark of Chaon to anyone other than Annalisa Marin or those Annalisa Marin has given me direct permission to tell, via means direct or indirect.

Anna nodded in satisfaction at the line and found herself actually becoming engrossed in this process, who knew creating the wording to a Grand Oath could be so very stimulating? Well, it was hardly all fun and games as this was a rather horrific thing she was doing after all. Binding Kouri to an unbreakable bond of slavery to her, it was a rather cruel thing. A betrayal of her trust as well, as Anna would not be binding herself to an Oath, only faking it. The next line, considering her experience with spiritism seemed a necessity.

-I will not take possession of Annalisa Marin's body unless given direct permission to do so from Annalisa Marin.

Finally Anna added the last two conditions, these ones being little tidbits created from her own mind. They weren't really necessary of course, but Anna figured they would be a nice touch. Little things to place Kouri even further into her control and under her sway. The girl wanted a happy family? Anna was going to make it so she wouldn't have any other choice but to recognize Anna has being the head of this family.

-I will not slander or defame Annalisa Marin to others by means direct or indirect.

-I will address Annalisa Marin as I would my own mother and will show her the same respect I would her at all times.

This accomplished the Sorceress pulled out another common sheet of paper and copied down what would be the final product on her Grand Oath. Her hand moved carefully, making very certain to get down the exact wording she wanted for the final draft. Even just one misplaced word could petch her royally in the end.

I, the undersigned, hereby swear upon the divine halls of the Ukalas and all those that dwell within that I shall follow the conditions outlined below:

-I will follow the orders of Annalisa Marin. These orders shall be unquestioning, and I shall obey them regardless of the harm it might bring to myself or others. In the event of conflict between this line and others, this line overrules all others.

-I will never cause harm or allow harm to befall Annalisa Marin if I am present to prevent it, through means magical, mundane, or ghostly, directly or indirectly, or through my actions or inactions.

-I will not communicate the signing of this contract, or anything regarding this Grand Oath or the conditions contained herein to any other than Annalisa Marin, via means direct or indirect, unless given direct permission from Annalisa Marin that I may tell a certain individual.

-I will not communicate the name or worship of Rhysol, Annalisa Marin's relationship or worship of Rhysol, or Annalisa Marin's Mark of Chaon to anyone other than Annalisa Marin or those Annalisa Marin has given me direct permission to tell, via means direct or indirect.

-I will not take possession of Annalisa Marin's body unless given direct permission to do so from Annalisa Marin.

-I will not slander or defame Annalisa Marin to others by means direct or indirect.

-I will address Annalisa Marin as I would my own mother and will show her the same respect I would her at all times.

Anna looked over the copy and nodded to herself, it looked solid enough which meant it was time to actually create the real thing. This wording would bind Kouri rather surely to her, giving her all the power in their relationship once the child would sign. Placing the draft nearby Anna replaced her common ink with the expensive ones and took up a couple of expensive looking scrolls. It was time to get to work.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Binding the Undying.

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 20th, 2014, 4:56 am

The Grand Oath was, at its core, simply a contract created with Glyphing runes and something that called upon the divine halls of the Ukalas and the gods as its witness. It was that last bit that made it special really, it called upon all the gods regardless of domain or affiliation. It would be upheld by them and thus force the signer to actually follow through with their word. Kouri would not be able to worm her way out of this, not when one of those gods had an interest in seeing her carry out this act. Rhysol was her patron after all, her master, it was as much for him she did this as it was for her own safety.

Her brush worked slowly along the parchment, the expensive scented ink smelling rather pleasant all things considered and the parchment was smooth as could be. It petching better have been, considering had cost her a hundred gold Miza's. With that same money she could probably have afforded to buy a slave. Then again, considering how very power Kouri was it would be all very much worth it. Her little display in the Prairie had been but a fraction of her power after all, a power that would be Anna's to command.

The runes she drew were rather slowly drawn and followed her same basic style, the language of magic itself coming to life with each brush stroke. Her progress was painfully slow and ponderous, but the Sorceress could feel that it would all pay of in the end. Each chime was one well spent and the ache from lack of use the was apparent in her body would be vindicated once her Grand Oath was completed. This would be her greatest work as a Glypher yet, binding another being to a Grand Oath.

Over ten chimes in and she had still only just finished the phrase regarding the divine halls of the Ukalas, considering the length of her contract Anna felt that she was going to be here for a couple of bells at least. Idly she brushed and errant strand from her face as she continued about her work , pausing occasionally to glance at the working on her final draft. She needed to follow the directions laid out there as she Glyphed the expensive scroll, placing the stylized geometric shapes in the correct patterns.

The rest of the world was starting to melt away as she stopped counting time chimes and ticks, simply counting by the number of Glyphs she created. The only sign that she was aware of anything else around her was the occasionally flick of her grey eyes the parchment on the floor nearby, containing the wording for the Oath. Her mind was becoming a mix of legalese and Glyphs, the two blending together until they became synonymous with each other.

Anna felt alive as her brush moved across the parchment, excited about doing this on the inside. A thrill was running through her mind, both for the arcane power she was imparting upon the document and for the betrayal she was carrying out now. Her mark was sending pulses of erotic sensations through her whole body, almost like her actions were being encouraged. Rhysol had been right, deep down this was what and who she was in the end. Part of her was revolted by that idea but she wished for his approval far more that she cared about her own feelings in the matter. She liked doing this, perhaps that was the most damning thing about it.

Line after line of Glyphs were born upon the fine parchment, her brush being dipped into the ink frequently and her hand moving almost with a mind of its own. The Grand Oath was coming to life before her very own eyes, created by her own hand. The brush in her hands was the catalyst for calling upon divine witness to an act, it was enough to bring a smirk upon her face that she had accomplished something.

Sahova likely would not appreciate her creating the Grand Oath, in Zeltiva it was rather forbidden knowledge to most in the University but those who taught Glyphing. Creating an Oath was often considered rather taboo among other magic users, as there was no higher form of bond in the world than that one. Lives were ruined far too easily by just a few written words and Glyphs.

Over two bells into her work the contract was nearly complete and Anna was putting the finishing touches upon the last line. Once it was complete she would place an x and a line next to it at the bottom, the place that Kouri would sign her name. Anna pondered how the girl would sign exactly considering her lack of blood, figuring soul mist would be what she would use in the process. Much like how a Nuit would probably use ichor rather than blood of they signed.

Anna let out a weighty sigh and looked over the lines of Glyphs, rolling her shoulders as she could finally move. Her task was complete, the Grand Oath was done. Now all that would remain would be to dispose of her failed drafts and take the finished products to Kouri when they met again in the Prairie. Strangely enough, Anna was looking forward to the task now as it would be her that would hold the upper hand in the end.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Binding the Undying.

Postby Mirage on March 11th, 2014, 11:30 pm

Annalisa

Skills Improved
  • Glyphing - +1
  • Writing - +3
  • Rhetoric - +3
  • Subterfuge- +2

Lores Gained
  • Glyphing: Creating a Grand Oath
  • Grand Oath: Twisted rules to bend the will
  • Grand Oath: The truth hidden in plain sight

Purchases
+1 Grand Oath (created by Annalisa marin)

Comments
Truly devious I must say. Good job on this! now that Anna has crated a grand oath, however, who knows what can of worms will be opened ^.^. PM me if you have any questions!

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)