Closed [The Prairie]Consequences[Kouri]

All actions have consequences, some more severe than others.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

[The Prairie]Consequences[Kouri]

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 20th, 2014, 5:27 am

39th of Winter, 513 AV

It was a moonlit night in the Prairie, Leth's glow softly illuminating the ground below. A figure stood upon the outskirts of the Prairie of Sahova this night, clad in fine black silk robes trimmed in purple. Long dark hair was bound upwards into a high ponytail and her figure was unmarred by the starvation apparent in most pulsers. Before her was a raised table like structure of smooth stone, a black leather satchel placed upon its surface and a dagger beside it.

Annalisa Marin leaned against the earthen table of her own making, looking up at the sky and wondering if Rhysol was looking upon her with favor at the moment. She hoped he was, that he approved of her lies and betrayals in his name and loved her as she loved him. However Anna did not dare to presume to know the will of the Defiler, his goals were his own to know but sometimes Anna wished she had some sign. That what she was doing mattered to him, that she was valued by him in some small way be it as a tool or not.

She sighed and gazed off towards the Citadel in the distance, musing to herself. It had been three days since Kouri had confronted her, three days since they made their deal with each other. Three days since her body was abused by the child, her flesh marked by an icy brand. Grey eyes narrowed as she recalled the pain that had been apparent, the burning from Kouri's touch upon her skin. How she wanted to make the child pay for doing such a thing to her.

The Sorceress supposed that this way of getting back would far outstrip the satisfaction mundane violence could bring. In her satchel were a couple of things vital to tonight's deception, but the most valuable was the parchment Glyphed in fine arcane runes. It was a Grand Oath, created by Anna's own hand and one that was designed to place the ghostly child firmly under her heel.

Also within there was a false Oath for herself, one designed to fool Kouri and thus place herself in a much stronger position in their relationship. It was a rather sick and twisted one to be sure, for either part was not entirely innocent. Kouri wanted a family, one with sisters and a mother that loved her. While that sounded innocent enough, her methods of achieving it could very well include murder if necessary. A rather sick proposition really, though tragic in its own way as she desperately wanted to replace what fate had stolen from her.

Anna meanwhile was acting on partial self defense, considering how very dangerous the ghost was. However she had betrayed Kouri in a rather brutal way when she had been mostly friendly towards her. Not only that but she wanted her to become a tool for Rhysol's chaos, something that Anna viewed as being perfect for her. Strangely enough it also appeared that she'd be adopting a daughter, which was amusing in some ways to her and sad in a few others.

As for why she had chosen the Prairie, it was mostly to ensure a lack of mortal witnesses to this event. Undoubtedly Sahova would be less than pleased about an unsanctioned signing of a Grand Oath, especially considering Kouri was her scapegoat. So, to avoid the possibility of an incident she had simply opted to leave the Citadel an carry out her deed here in the Testing Grounds. It wasn't like there were many things that could threaten a Master Reimancer and a powerful Ghost like Kouri.

Tonight was a night for betrayal and lies, it was a night she intended for Rhysol to rule and an act she hoped would draw his eye to her. For now though, she was simply wait to begin as Kouri would need to be present before they could start this thing in earnest. Part of Anna dreaded seeing the child again, remembering all too well the circumstances with which they had parted before.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on February 20th, 2014, 3:36 pm

Three days, time went by slowly for the past three days, filled with suspicion and distrust as the ghost girl named 'Kouri' was waiting for the fateful night where she would sign a Grand Oath together with the sorceress named 'Annalisa', the sorceress who treated her as her very own adopted daughter, but ultimately betraying her in the most foul of ways. The phantom child had literally branded her threats onto the human's cheeks with her freezing touch, and by the expression full of horror with those pitiful hacking coughs, Kouri thought Anna had learned her lesson, she would never betray her again and to prove it, the human offered them to sign a seemingly unbreakable agreement called the 'Grand Oath', where it would be witnessed by the Divines themselves.

The ghost girl had no problems with it, she wasn't exactly innocent herself, having threatened to kill Anna so she could be her eternal playmate twice despite all the affections given to her by the human. With this Oath, both of them would be eternally bound as mother and daughter, never to fight, never to betray, never to separate. It was a rather sweet proposition, Kouri was reluctant at first, but after some thought, she had no more doubts, she just needed to see if Anna kept her word. If the woman didn't, she would search for her until each stones in Sahova were upturned and each chambers scoured. The sorceress was a powerful mage, on a whole different level than Master Cyrus or Madame Azcadelia. Kouri respected her power to a degree, but experiences taught her that mages needed time to prepare their spells and time was never in adequate supply when one was fighting a powerful phantom such as herself. With her soulmist projection's long reach, serrated tendrils, and blinking ability, she would make Anna eat her own fireballs.

The ghost girl appeared rather different that night, her white dress was discarded for an elegant red robe, carrying an umbrella that seemed to spin on its own, but perhaps the most eye-catching of all were her hair, the normally long alabaster locks now ended in what appeared to be white serpents, slithering and hissing around their mistress' shoulders and back. Kouri might be just a child, but she was by no means blind to fashion, with her freedom of appearance as a ghost and twisted childish imagination, Kouri fabricated her new appearance. Of course, like all ghosts, it was just an appearance, everything from her clothes to accessories were actually her own soulmist body.

The air around her seemed to chill by a few degrees as ethereal white mists surrounded her form, the ghost girl floated to her future mother from behind, hauntingly giggling to announce her presence, "Hello, Madame Anna~" She vanished then appeared directly across the table from Anna's position in an instant later, "So you came, that means you didn't lie to me, good!" Kouri tossed away her umbrella, the object puffing away into white soulmists and joined back with her body, "So, let's begin, it's just signing, right? It won't be hard unless," Kouri narrowed her pupils, staring at the human, her serpentine hair hissing, "You're planning something bad..."

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 20th, 2014, 4:52 pm

Anna noted Kouri's change of appearance with a raised eyebrow, wondering if she was hoping to evoke a sense of intimidation from looking as she did. The sorceress made no comment until the ghost was positioned across the table from her, knowing that she wouldn't feel safe until Kouri signed in her own soul mist. The hard part was out of the way, now they just needed to finish up the ceremonial things to ensure the signing would be valid. Grand Oath had a couple of rules to making certain a contract was fair and valid, the first was not lying about the contents of the Oath.

"The Grand Oath is a little more sophisticated a contract than most forged by mortal hands, and possesses a few rules regarding the actual signing of the contract. So its not going to be as simple as just signing it, first I'll need to make you aware of all of the exact wording of your Oath. After that you will need to sign the Oath in your own soul mist. If it dissolves, that means it was accepted and shall now be enforced forever more by the gods. I'll go first to demonstrate." The tall woman explained, her tone smooth as honey as she rifled through her satchel.

The woman produced four separate pieces of parchment, the one done on the fine parchment with all the Glyphs was Kouri's Grand Oath. Next to it was a draft in pure common lettering that would let the girl more easily read it. The one that was a mix of Nader-Canoch lettering and Glyphs was the false Oath Anna would sign, Glyphed so it would dissolve after Anna was finished signing in her blood. Next to it was the supposed wording written in common.

Anna was all in all pleased by her work thus far, and she certainly hoped her going first carried with it some degree of trust. She needed to make this convincing after all one could never be too careful in deception. Anna wasn't going to lie about Kouri's Oath, so that would be perfectly valid and hopefully would appear safe to sign after Anna finished signing hers. First she read the words on the common lettered parchment aloud.

I, the undersigned, swear upon the divine halls of the Ukalas and all those that dwell with that I shall follow the conditions outlined below:

-I will never lie to or betray the trust of Fubuki Kouri again, be they methods employed directly or through proxy.

-I will not harm Fubuki Kouri or allow harm to come to her if I am present to prevent it, by means magical, mundane or ghostly, directly or indirectly, or through my actions or inactions.

-I will not harm those associated with Fubuki Kouri and known as Mia, Rena, and Kriem by the outlined conditions and methods in the previous line.

-I will love Fubuki Kouri as I would my own daughter and will address her as I would my daughter at all times.

x_____________

She finished her reading, turning her attention to the false Oath and taking up the dagger on the table. The Sorceress would calmly take it an prick at her thumb, taking up a quill from her satchel. She dipped the tip of her quill in her own blood and then signed her full name in the indicated section below. This was the Trigger for the Glyphs to activate, a light and imperceptible bit of air released from the Focus and was followed by the contract dissolving.

"You see, my daughter, simple, quick, and painless. Now lets get yours out of the way. Feel free to ask questions if you don't understand something." Anna said.

This task finish Anna flashed a smile over the Ghost and then placed her documents in front of her, producing a fresh quill next to them. This was the important phase of tonight's business, Kouri signing the actual Oath in her soul mist. First though she would need to know the exact wording, which Anna would read aloud if necessary.

I, the undersigned, hereby swear upon the divine halls of the Ukalas and all those that dwell within that I shall follow the conditions outlined below:

-I will follow the orders of Annalisa Marin. These orders shall be unquestioning, and I shall obey them regardless of the harm it might bring to myself or others. In the event of conflict between this line and others, this line overrules all others.

-I will never cause harm or allow harm to befall Annalisa Marin if I am present to prevent it, through means magical, mundane, or ghostly, directly or indirectly, or through my actions or inactions.

-I will not communicate the signing of this contract, or anything regarding this Grand Oath or the conditions contained herein to any other than Annalisa Marin, via means direct or indirect, unless given direct permission from Annalisa Marin that I may tell a certain individual.

-I will not communicate the name or worship of Rhysol, Annalisa Marin's relationship or worship of Rhysol, or Annalisa Marin's Mark of Chaon to anyone other than Annalisa Marin or those Annalisa Marin has given me direct permission to tell, via means direct or indirect.

-I will not take possession of Annalisa Marin's body unless given direct permission to do so from Annalisa Marin.

-I will not slander or defame Annalisa Marin to others by means direct or indirect.

-I will address Annalisa Marin as I would my own mother and will show her the same respect I would her at all times.

x______________
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on February 20th, 2014, 5:38 pm

The ghost girl listened to Anna's explanation with a childish grin on her face, playing with one of her serpentine hair. So the Oath's process was as complicated as its name suggested, it required both parties to understand the exact meaning then sign in, if it dissolved, that meant the Divines accepted the Oath. "I see, good then!" Kouri's white teeth revealed themselves as she grinned, "That means you can't trick me!" Her tone was rather arrogant, like a child who managed to corner an adult in a game. The whole thing was like a big game to her, after this, Anna could never refuse her, she would shower her with affections everyday.

The Oaths brought a gasp of awe from the ghost girl, all followed by surprised hisses from her serpents, they were beautiful, specifically two of them, one of them was in a language she couldn't understand, but she supposed Anna would explain it later. Kouri broke free of her self-induced trance then listened carefully to the contents of Anna's oath. The conditions were excellent, Anna would never harm, betray, or lie to her again, she would always protect her and her family, then she would treat her like a daughter. It was the best things she heard from Anna ever since their first fated meeting in the Quarters. Truly, they were meant for each other, surely there would be always a few bumps on the road, but in the end, everything would work out.

The white-haired phantom child examined the tall dark-haired human, Anna looked sincere enough, then without hesitation, she pricked her own thumb, using it as ink to sign her Oath. Kouri just watched in gleeful silence, the contract disappeared into thin air, that meant it worked, Anna was her mother now, forever and ever. "Ehehe, I see, Mommy!" She giggled happily, "Okay then, let's see mine, we'll play a lot after this!" The ghost girl put both of her hands on the table as she read the Oath and listened to Anna's explanation.

"..." As each lines were read, Kouri's smile gradually faded, she didn't mind about Rissole, possession, slander, or the Oath's secrecy, she was actually happy to protect Anna and address her as her mother, those lines were rather unnecessary but she could accept them, what disturbed her was the first one, where she must obey Anna's orders without question. Even her child mind could see what this entailed, this meant Kouri would be Anna's slave, free for her to command, that line also overruled the others, making the rest meaningless in the end. With a jerk of her head, one of her serpentine hair launched out then wrapped around Anna's neck, tightly constricting it, "What is this, Madame Annana~?" She spoke slowly, her girlish voice held untold amount of aggression, "I'm not stupid, you want me to become your slave, don't you? You're not 'Mama', you're just 'Mommy', you can't tell me what to do!"

A sadistic grin grew on her lips, "So, I think this is a good time to prove whether you're lying or not, you signed your Oath, you can never hurt me! So, I want to see... hurt me, Madame Anna! Ahahahaha!" Her haunting giggles echoed in the Prairie, "Come on! Let me see if all of this is a lie after all~!" Kouri slackened her hold so Anna could have her breath, "Questions, I have one, why do you need me to obey you 'unquestioningly', Madame Annana? Hmmm? Come on, humor me!"

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 20th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Anna had expected a bump along the road, however she had not expected so quick and decisive a response from the girl. The tendril was around her neck in the blink of an eye and the sorceress felt it cut off her air quickly, enough so that she needed to actually resist the urge to call res into her hands at the moment. She had technically agreed not to harm Kouri after all, which would be both her saving grace in this and her weakness as it prevented her from acting out against the ghost at the moment. So for now she simply needed to choke unfortunately.

Kouri slacked her hold, resulting in the sorceress taking in large gulps of air once she received the ability to actually use her airway again. She wanted an explanation on the first line; luckily Anna had a good lie ready for Kouri as they were not discussing the implications of the words on the parchment and not the actual wording. She was more than free to lie about this part and still have the contract remain valid, fortunately for her. She had suspected the first line would draw her notice, mostly in a negative way.

“In order to gain the necessary supplies I needed to inform Amaryllis about this deal. She was rather… incensed and desired for a way to keep you in line, so she suggested the first line. Fortunately I already thought of a way to circumvent it through my own contract.” Anna said, nodding down to the common wording of her own Oath that remained.

“Notice my wording, I cannot harm you or ALLOW harm to come upon you if I am present to prevent it. Either directly or indirectly. Consider this, no matter what order I might give it cannot harm you or your sisters or servant. So really, it’s more of a formality than anything else and is overruled by my own Oath.” Anna explained.

It seemed a plausible enough, Amaryllis was very controlling and the wording of Anna’s own false Oath was a good enough excuse to use. Of course, Kouri still needed to buy the explanation if she did not then Anna was as good as dead already. The dark haired sorceress made certain no trace of deception could be seen on her face or heard in her voice. She wasn’t really lying; rather she was not giving the full truth all things considered.

“Think for a minute, do you think I would be stupid enough to place something like that on the contract without a means for getting around it, especially if I knew you needed to be made aware of the full wording of the Oath? I rather like keeping my head on my shoulders.” Anna said, just pushing the point home.

This was it really, she lived or died based off for her ability to deceive the ghostly girl in this very moment. If she succeeded her victory was assured, but if she failed death was pretty much the only possibility. Anna sent out a silent prayer to the defiler that Kouri would take her lie as being the truth, her mind gibbering in purest fear.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on February 20th, 2014, 7:35 pm

"Ahahaha~" Her giggles were accompanied by echoing hisses from her white serpents, Kouri let her mind shut down all moral obligations and enjoyed the moment, this woman betrayed her after all, she didn't need to respect her much, especially after she tried to trick her again, by writing that one dooming line. It was so close, just one tug from her tendril-serpent and Anna would be no more, she would then took her time mutilating the human's body, spreading the pieces across on the Prairie where the beasts would devour her remains. Sorceress Annalisa Marin would be written off as missing.

The woman didn't attack her, merely gasping for breath, this brought a spark of pity inside Kouri's ethereal heart, so she was not lying about the Oath, Anna was unable to resist, she couldn't harm her. "..." The ghost girl slowly released her tendril, the white serpent unwrapping then hissing at Anna's face before returning back to its mistress. The ghost girl waited as Anna gathered her composure, her crimson eye never leaving the sorceress' form. So there it was, the true reason behind the first line, Amaryllis knew about this deal and apparently, the Chief Embalmer wanted Kouri to be brought under the sorceress' heel. "Hmph... for things I didn't do..." Anna was the reason she was here in the first place, the only thing keeping her from murdering Anna was the little conscience telling her that she was not entirely innocent, that in some way, she deserved her punishment, an eye for an eye.

"Oh?" Anna had a way to circumvent an Oath witnessed by the Gods, she was interested to hear it. Kouri's expression turned from threatening to contemplating as she took in Anna's words, they were true, she might be bound with unquestioning loyalty, but Anna was bound herself, she couldn't give orders that would cause harm to her, whether directly or indirectly. This basically meant Anna could only give orders that were beneficial at beast or neutral at worst. Kouri smiled, getting interested by the prospect, "So, once I sign this, Madame Amaryllis and the others would let me go? Good!" Her name would be cleared, she would get a mother who would always be there for her, protect her, love her, and in return, she would love and protect her new mother. Together with Rena, Kriemhild, and Mia, an (un)life of bliss awaited.

"No, you're not stupid, you're just naughty, Mommy..." Kouri mused, putting her right hand to cover her lips in a rather adorable gesture, "I'll let you keep your head," She then focused the soulmist on her right palm and picked up the quill, coating the tip in her soulmist, "I'm ready! Let's do this, ehehehe, We'll be together forever, Mommy~" Slowly, carefully, she put the soulmist-coated tip on the line beside the 'x' mark, then with deft hands, she wrote her name in her native tongue, Vani. The words 'Fubuki Kouri Snowsong' were now adorned on the Grand Oath.

The Oath then shimmered for a few ticks, before dissolving in a white sparkles similar to snowflakes. Kouri watched in awe then she slowly put the quill down, inhaling and exhaling unneeded breaths, "It's... done now, right? I'm your daughter now, Mommy" Kouri extended both of her hands as if asking for a hug from her new mother.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 21st, 2014, 12:43 am

Anna rubbed her neck, grateful for the release of the cruel tendril and holding back her rage at her treatment of being so abused by the child. Part of her wanted nothing more than to destroy Kouri in a never ending inferno, to burn her and burn her until there was nothing left to burn. She held it at bay as the ghost pondered her words and the meaning behind them, a good sign as at the very least as she was not dead. The tall dark haired woman steadied her breathing carefully, eying the ghost and nodding at her question regarding Amaryllis forgiving her. Another lie, but that hardly bothered Anna at this point.

Kouri appeared so innocent and cute on the outside, but on the inside the tall woman knew she was more than a little insane. A slight pang of remorse did exist within her, but Anna buried it under the knowledge of all of the abuses she had suffered. The ghost had branded her face and battered her for too long, she needed to be controlled and Anna felt Wanda was inadequate to the task. Her methods were not strict enough; a Grand Oath would make very certain Kouri could not escape so very easily or act out.

Anna allowed a light smirk to form on her face as Kouri signed her full name upon the contract, knowing that the deal was now done and there would be no escape now. The contract shimmered and then dissolved, signifying that it had been accepted and would now be enforced by the Ukalas and the gods themselves forever or until Kouri decided to move on. The tall woman felt a surge of vindication rise in her chest, Kouri was hers now. Her daughter if one desired to use that term here, hers to shape and mold towards the glory of Rhysol. She would learn; Anna fully intended to slowly indoctrinate her. The first player in the play she was writing upon Sahova.

Part of her wanted to replay the abuses wrought upon her, to simply order Kouri to stand still and take the flames. However… that was not the will of Rhysol, no Anna needed to continue this deception for as long as she could keep it up. So she would act, play the part of Kouri’s loving adopted mother and who could say? Perhaps the role might become less of an act; Anna had never thought that the role of mother would be hers. She supposed it involved spending a lot of time with Kouri, giving her hugs and kisses and gifts, saying ‘I love you’ a lot. It’s what her mother had done with her, so it might be best to follow Liana’s lead.

The girl opened her arms out and looked like she wanted one of those aforementioned hugs, some new comfort from her new mother. Anna moved around the table and opened her own arms, pulling the girl into a hug. The girl was cold to the touch as per usual; however Anna knew that Kouri would not be able to hurt her again with her chilling touch. The vindictive side of her was not appeased, but Anna allowed herself to fall into this role easily enough and placed a light peck of her lips on Kouri’s cheek.

“Yes, you are my daughter now. I’ll never leave you Kouri, and I’ll love and care for you. Your Mommy will always make time to play with you and give you affection. You won’t be alone ever again.” Anna whispered, simply allowing Kouri to indulge in her embrace for a while.

“So, what say you and Mommy go play with some toys in the Dungeons? Maybe I’ll teach you some more magic.” Anna offered, a gentle smile on her face.

Anna had been meaning to head to the Dungeon lately, to test out some effects of the ice Para-Element among other things. Perhaps Kouri could expand her possession abilities, she was very skill in other areas but her possession still obviously needed some work. Besides, she needed some outlet for her vindictive anger and direct it away from the girl.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on February 21st, 2014, 4:53 am

When the Grand Oath disappeared into thin air, Kouri felt nothing change from her, at least not consciously, she had no intentions of attacking Anna at the moment, nor she was interested in spreading the news about the Oath, about Rhysol, or slandering Anna's name. Both of them were also not in danger and the phantom girl would keep calling Annalisa as her mother. All in all, none of the Oath's conditions were breached so everything went as usual... for now.

The ghost girl giggled as lightly bobbed her arms up and down, eagerly anticipating for Anna to hug and carry her like a mother would to her daughter. Her white serpentine locks also relaxed themselves, gently slithering on her upper body, signifying the girl's joy. She had no reason for suspicion anymore, she and Anna would be completely devoted to each other, just like a normal family. With Mommy by her side, Kouri didn't feel the need to leave Sahova, they would all live a happy life here, and once Anna realized her ambitions, she would stand by her side, as her daughter, guardian, protector, or agent if needed be.

The Prairie winds seemed to die down as if the land itself trembled in fright on what was to come, a powerful sorceress holding the invisible leash of a ghost that could rival Mistress Wanda's guardians, their twisted relationship of mother and child would shudder the hearts of men. The phantom girl giggled in bliss as Anna hugged her, materializing herself, her soulmist body automatically controlled its power so the contact wouldn't be deadly. The first sign of the Oath doing its work and Kouri didn't even realize it. "Mommy~" She gave Anna a child-like smile that would usually melt the hearts of mothers and fathers, nuzzling her cheek on Anna's right shoulder.

"Never alone, you too, Mommy, you'll never be alone," As far as she knew, the human was all alone here as well, but no longer. She hesitated for a tick when Anna offered them to the Dungeons, that place was filled with nothing but horrors anyway, the last time she had been there with Mia was certainly not a fun experience, but for some inexplicable reasons, she was compelled to go, like there was no better decision than to accept, it happened so fast, Kouri nodded gingerly, "Okay! Let's play, teach me more!" She didn't let Anna go, her form disappearing before spawning right behind Anna's back, clinging on her back. As she was a ghost, she was weightless by default, Kouri whispered into Anna's ear, "Let's go! Ehehe~"

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Annalisa Marin on February 21st, 2014, 8:03 am

Anna felt some fraction of her heart of stone melt at those words, that she never would be alone again and wished to Rhysol it were true for all the world. Rhysol was always with her, but companionship had been something she had longed for over many days since arriving on Sahova. She wanted to feel something, to feel anything other than just nothingness. That was what separated her for the Nuit, her passion and humanity but those were slowly being sapped from her the longer she remained here on this island. They were becoming weakness to be shed.

The sorceress allowed a smirk to crease her face as Kouri clung to her back, however before departing Anna tugged at the tapestry of her being as she gathered up her supplies. Two distinctive wisps of purple translucent gas moved over the two documents remaining, a simple transmutation creating flames and igniting the parchment. Soon enough all evidence of the night’s deeds would be wiped from existence. Anna smirked and headed back in the direction of their home, the imposing Citadel of Sahova with her destination being the Dungeons.

The path leading back to the Citadel was rather quiet and peaceful all things considered, they cry of the occasional beast in the distance being the only thing that broke the silence. Anna knew the path well enough by this point in her time on Sahova, having travelled back and forth from the Citadel and the Testing Grounds often enough. Besides, even if they encountered threats on the way back… there were not many thing that could really damage a powerful reimancer and ghost. The pair of them fighting together were pretty much a nearly unstoppable force all things considered, a thought that brought a curl to the sorceress’ lips.

The woman quickly navigated her way through the halls of the Citadel once they arrived, knowing her destination well enough. Soon enough they entered the Dungeons, the soft moans filling the air around them and occasionally a prisoner reached through the bars no doubt desperate for release. Anna strode confidently through this place, her grey eyes searching around for a good place to start their games. She halted at a trio of cells along a long hallway, turning her head to Kouri and smiling in her direction.

The three cells were fairly small and built into the ancient, stained walls and their occupants were rather unremarkable all things considered. Two human females, one a short red head that looked at the pair of them in confusion and the other a younger blonde that pressed herself against the far wall in terror and fright. The last cell was holding a ratty and starving human male, his dark hair falling about his face in matted clumps. Anna nodded slightly; yes these three would do for a little mother-daughter bonding session. She almost pitied them really, though she figured it was either death by their hands or by those of another. Research cost many their lives in the pursuit of progress.

“Hmm… my precious daughter, why don’t you play with your two new dolls for a bit? Mommy wants some time of her own with the man over there, reimancy research and applications. Try not to break both of them and I’ll teach you a fun trick. Just remember what to tell them if they start talking back to you, dolls don’t talk back.” Anna said, gesturing to the two captive women casually.

With that the woman would stride past them pair of cells to the last one, translucent purple res already coating her hands as she simply regarded him with an analytical look. So many possibilities were open to her at the moment, though right now she wanted to test the limitations and potential of the ice para-element. All of the anger and vindictive energy that had been building up over the last three days was about to be brought to the fore.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on February 21st, 2014, 5:15 pm

Kouri noted with a tilt of her head, watching Anna worked her purple magic res, the purple wisps covered the two remaining papers then burned them with flames. Anna seemed to be fond of flames for some reason, most of Anna's reimancy she witnessed, the sorceress was using her flames or those liquid fiery substance known as lava. "You want to keep this a secret, don't you? I understand," She didn't want to start declaring Annalisa was her new mother either, she couldn't trust anyone in this undead island, perhaps only a select few such as Celeste and of course, Anna.

An interesting thought popped in her mind, "Ehehe, Mommy, you know, can you make ice?" She and Anna were opposites in their elemental preference. Kouri, being a pureblood Vantha who lived her life in the frozen lands of Taldera, was no stranger to cold, ice, and snow. By coincidence or fate, her ghostly form also had the ability to chill someone to the bone with her touch, sucking out their djed, and possibly killing them. Together with her chilling presence, Kouri turned herself into blizzard itself, cold and merciless. "Touchy~ Ahaha~" With an adorably haunting giggle, Kouri playfully nuzzled her materialized cheek on the back of Anna's neck, tightly hugging the human as Anna carried her towards the Citadel. She paid no mind to the cries of distant beasts from the distance, with Anna's presence, even that giant soulmist-hunting snake-scorpion monster thing couldn't hurt her.

As they traversed through the Citadel's hall, Kouri started humming a song, her high-pitched voice echoing, the tune was a cheerful one at a glance, but if one listened closely, slight hisses and whispers lurked beneath her voice, courtesy of her serpentine hair. In truth, this represented Kouri's twisted nature as a powerful phantom child, great power bestowed upon someone with a childish mind with ambiguous morals. The Dungeons no longer scared her, Kouri happily smiled at the pitiful souls trapped in pathetic cages, with a mock display of affection, Kouri's materialized right hand reached out to grab a prisoner's, "Hello~" *PSSSSH!* The sizzling sounds of flesh being frozen emanated from the contact, the prisoner's gasped and spasmed, his eyes rolled into the sockets, then he fell to the ground, twitching in extreme pain. Whether he would survive or not, Kouri didn't care.

Finally Anna stopped, Kouri took the hint and her form vanished from Anna's back, appearing beside the woman's left, there were three cells before them, each filled with a prisoner. Two women and one man, "Oh, are we going to play with them?" Her question was answered, so the two women were going to be her 'dolls', her very own precious playthings, like Lily, these dolls could move on their own, how fun! Kouri turned her head as she looked up at Anna, "Okay, Mommy~ I'll try not to, but I got two! If one of them uhm... 'breaks', I still have one, you can still teach me the fun trick!" She grinned, a combination of a child's and a monster's, "Lily can talk, Mommy! Buuuuut~ For these ones, maybe I'll punish them if they talk without my permission~" With a cheerful wave of her right hand, Kouri faced the women. The blond captive was curled up on the corner, Kouri decided to save her for later, then she turned her head to the redhead.

The redhead, was now frozen in her spot with fear as she grabbed the bars of her cell, looking upon the ethereal child with crimson eyes and hissing serpents for hair like she was an abomination. "N-no... noooooo!" The redhead screamed when the white monster slowly floated to her, smiling like child. To her horror, the bars didn't keep her safe, the child passed through them as if they were nothing. Kouri was clasping her hands behind her back, the alabaster serpents hissing hungrily at the prisoner. "Ahaha, hello~" the ghost girl greeted her, steadily approaching the prisoner, "What's your name?" To her disappointment, the woman only replied in whimpers, she became annoyed, Kouri's soulmist swirled wildly as her hair spread out, the serpentine locks all locking their crimson slitted eyes at the prisoner, "ANSWER ME!!".

The prisoner jolted in fear then instinct took over as she trembled, her lips desperately trying to form coherent words, "I.. i-i-it's S-sarah! P-please, d-don't hurt me!" This girl was no child, this thing wasn't even human or a Nuit for that matter, she was something else.

"Oh, Sarah~" Satisfied by the answer, Kouri's form settled down, "You see, I want to," Before she finished her sentence, Kouri's form vanished, spawning herself directly in front of the woman in an instant later, "Play..." The blinking act caused the woman to whimper in great fear, not having enough spirit to scream for help, not that it mattered. "I like to play dolls! And you are my doll, so be good in my control!" Kouri had to praise herself for the little rhyme, four of her serpents reached out then grabbed the woman's wrists and ankles, roughly pulling her down so now the woman was laying flat on the cell floor. Kouri loomed over the trembling prisoner in a horizontal position, floating above her, then she clenched her right fist, focusing the soulmist on it. With great force, Kouri slammed the fist onto the woman's stomach, eliciting a hacking cough then the woman passed out.

"Fun fun! Now she's ready!" Kouri exclaimed to herself, fully relishing in the twisted play, the ghost girl concentrated as her form slowly turn into a cloud of white soulmist then she flowed into the woman's eyes, mouth, and nostrils, possessing her. Once inside, Kouri moved her soulmist to grasp at the unconscious female's astral, like a puppeteer picking up her puppet. After about about five ticks, the woman's fingers twitched, then her eyes opened, the happy expression on her face indicated she was no longer herself, it was the ghost girl in control. "I did it!" Kouri commanded the body to stand up, not bothering if she caused any discomfort to the prisoner.

Kouri examined her new vessel, the prisoner was dirty, bruised, and rather sick, but no matter, her suffering would end soon enough, but not without some fun first. Kouri decided to test the limit of her puppeteering ability by spinning on the spot, holding her arms out. After a few spin, she lost her balance and fell onto her back, but she couldn't feel pain, it wasn't her body so the ghost girl pushed it further by standing back up again then doing bunny jumps, the woman's muscles must be screaming in pain right now. "Mommy!" Kouri made her way to the cage's entrance, grasping at the bars, jumping up and down excitedly, "After you're done! Why don't you do your research on this one, she's fun to play with!"

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes