[Location] The Slave Market

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] The Slave Market

Postby Leviathan on September 24th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Slave Market

Just because the people of Sunberth hate dominion over their lives it does not exempt them from hypocrisy. The Slave Market is one of the most profitable businesses in the city, where merchants can come and go as they please, charging whatever prices they want for whatever merchandise they have. There are no rules, no morals, children are sold alongside adults without regard for their fates and stations.

The Market is set up as a series of stands and tents against the southern end of the city, backed up against the ocean and close to the docks. The stages are allowed for public use, often in a first-come-first-server basis. Merchants peddle their wares at all hours of the day, providing their own security in the form of hired mercenaries and local ruffians. Most of the Slavers are persistent in the area, buying their product from the passing ships and foreign traders. Most of these individuals are glad to not deal with the people of Sunberth, selling for lower-than-average prices and allowing for the slaving 'middle men' to make significant profits. For this reason the market is one of the richest centers in the city, albeit the merchants spend it all on themselves and their guards.

Buying a slave is easy. A Slaver can be found at any time of the day in an auction, or if the buyer has a more exotic taste they can approach one of the 'closed markets' inside the various tents and speak to one of the slavers directly.

NPCs

Tiandra "Lasher" Veecos (Deceased as of Spring 518)
A brutal woman, Tiandra is one of the most efficient slavers in Sunberth. She ruthlessly undercuts her competition and is often the first to meet with any merchants visiting the city, buying their product for inanely low prices before selling it to both civilian and her merchant companions alike. She always has the best stock and specializes in both breaking and making slaves, whether by her own hand or the retinue of experts she employs. Sadistic and cruel, Tiandra is a large woman with a finely toned sense of violence, bearing her trade mark with a deadly degree of skill.

Skills - Weapon: Whip 43, Business 35, Interrogation 36, Negotiation 30, Intimidation 36, Seduction 48, Persuasion 28, Intelligence 20

"Chubs" Tryannus

No one is really sure what to think of Chubs. He's possibly the most despicable man in all of Sunberth and thrives off of suffering and pain, which makes the slaving business perfect for his less savory tastes. Fat and short, Chubs would most likely be dead if not for his golden tongue. He can talk himself out of any situation and his talent for negotiation has kept him as Tiandra's greatest contester since her arrival to the market. Chubs treats himself better than most any person in Mizahar, lavishing in his tents with wine, woman, and all the food ten men could eat. No one really likes Chubs, but money talks, and Chubs talks a lot.

Skills - Negotiation 64, Persuasion 77, Intelligence 36, Business 42, Seduction 5, Interrogation 31, Larceny 53, Acting 33.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook