Completed [Various Locations] Meeting Your Patron

Sei meets his Patron, and begins his briefing immediately.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Various Locations] Meeting Your Patron

Postby Sei Tendo on February 21st, 2014, 9:58 pm

15th of Bell
1st of Winter, 513AV
Anthonius Fighter Pit's

Sei walked through Syliras, excitement coursing through his veins. He walked toward the Fighter Pit's, and stopped in front of the area. He reached into his armor, finding a piece of parchment with instructions and details about his new profession. He was excited because - only bells ago - he'd become a squire. He was like a kid in a candy shop. Below all his excitement and such however, was nervousness. What would his Patron be like? How would they get along? All these questions and more were floating around in his head. He buckled down and reviewed the parchment.

"You are to report to Ser Erik Barker of the Brown Company in the Anthonius Fighter Pit's. You have been assigned to Patrol the City, and will be briefed on your duties upon arrival. Ser Erik Barker will be waiting in the farthermost reaches of the Fighter Pit's. You are to report immediately."

Sei folded the parchment and returned it to his armor. Ser Erik Barker, huh? I hope he's not to strict. He walked through the Pit's making his way to the back. When he was at the edge of Pit's, he looked around. There were a few people, but only one had wore the Knightly armor. He proceeded to walk to the man, most likely human. The Knight had pale skin, and dark blonde hair. He had brown eyes, and was just a few inches shorter than himself. Sei bowed low, and spoke before standing straight up.

"Would you be Ser Erik Barker?"

"Yes, and you must be.. Sei right?"

"Yes Ser. I was told I would be briefed and shown around."

"And that you will. You have your own Weaponry correct?"

"Yes Ser."

"Alright then, Let's begin. Firstly, I, as you know, am Ser Erik Barker of the Brown Company. I am to be your Patron, meaning you will follow my orders, and be taught by me. I expect you to listen closely, and learn well. Now that you are a squire, you will be staying in the Squire Dormitories which will be your home. The order will cover your care as you stay. You willl be provided with food and other necessities. As a squire you will be expected to train hard and work hard. Now, enough talk. I'll be showing you around, as well as seeing what you can do today. Any questions?"

"Yes Ser!" Sei responded, absorbing the information as best as possible before asking the questions he though were necessary. He composed himself as not to let his emotions flow into his words.

"Can we start?"

"I like your attitude Sei. Yes we can. You wear a shortsword on your back, as well as a dagger sheathed at your side. Tell me, how skilled are you?"

"Not a single ounce of skill in either of the Ser."

"Your first order from me? Spar. I need to see where you stand."

"Yes Ser! Now your talking my language!"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on February 22nd, 2014, 12:48 am

Sei swung his blade unevenly, aiming to cut across Ser Erik's chest. He watched carefully as his Patron took a step back to avoid his blade. It wasn't a hasty step either, it was as if he wasn't trying. Sei growled in frustration. His Patron had dodged him like that at least ten times already. Ser Erik grunted, snapping the Kelvic back to focus. He withdrew the blade and made an unstable thrust with his shortsword. Which his Patron sidestepped.

"Your to slow Sei. Stop trying to put so much force behind the blade. From what I see, speed is your best skill. Learn how to use it to your advantage."

"Ser, I'm trying!"

"Stop whining and try harder.

Sei charged his Patron, and made a low swing for Ser Erik's leg, which was blocked by Ser Erik's own broadsword. He groaned and lifted the blade again to make an uneven thrust with his blade. Ser Erik moved forward and used his sword pommel to knock Sei's sword from his hand. He yelped in surprise, but silenced himself.

"Sei, you need more training, but before that, it's time to show you around."

"Ser, I've just started. I'll get better, I swear it."

"And I shall hold you to that, now let's go. We'll be coming back after we're done."

Sei grabbed his shortsword and sheathed it across his back. He fell in step behind his Patron, deciding to ask his real questions now. He didn't know what to ask first. He had most of them answered by just taking t the Knight, or rather his Patron. He couldn't help but notice that Ser Erik had accepted him without a care.

"Ser Erik?

"Yes Sei?"

"Is there a reason you took me in so easily Ser?

"Sei, you have a special glint in your eyes. One of determination. You remind me of myself."

"Oh." That was all he could possibly say. He didn't understand fully, but it'd come to him soon enough.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on February 22nd, 2014, 2:00 am

16th of Bell
Bittern District
Squire Dormitories

Sei was halted in front of a large building. They walked in, and were welcomed by.. No one. Everyone was to busy. You couldn't make a voice if you tried. Now imagine hearing it tenfold. Sei had to cover his ears. Sei looked to Ser Erik, who looked sympathetic. The noise quieted down a bit after Ser Erik said something, then an elder woman came over to them. She wore a smile, and spoke softly.

"Hello Ser Erik. Is this Sei then?"

"Yes. Sei, this is one of the three chaperons of the dorms. Meet Racheal. She is the eldest and most favored among the squires."

"Good afternoon Ma'am." He said before the chaperon walked over to him. She observed him thoroughly before taking a step back. She gave a light smile, and nodded. She then walked away after other pleasantries. The next trip took them to the Training Grounds, until finally they were back at the Fighter Pit's. Sei let out a huff of air, still trying to process all the things he had learned and remembered. Eventually he started to get a headache so he gave up for the day.

"Alright. Today is your first day of training."

"What?! But Ser we--"

"Start with the posts. You like to fight right? Start by toughening those hands and knuckles. Get to it, or are you going to sit there and complain when you could be getting stronger?"

"Yes Ser..."

Sei walked over to the training posts and looked them over. They were made of lumber, and there was rope wrapped around them. He punched the post, and tried to ignore the sting of pain in his knuckles. His right hand was beginning to spasm, but he continued because of the taunt of getting stronger.

"Now switch to the left.
One
Two
Three
Four,"

And so he did. Sei made sure to punch the post with each count, putting more power behind them at the request of his Patron. He switched back to his right, and was caught of guard when Ser Erik requested him to switch to his elbows.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on February 28th, 2014, 4:12 pm

Anthonius Fighter Pit's

Sei had switched at least four times with his elbows, and now he was low on stamina. He has no idea how long Ser Erik was going to drill him, but he though it best if he didn't complain and make it worse. I'll just have to tough it out. He realized he had slowed down, but only after his Patron had commanded him to pick up the pace. He was on his right elbow once again, but they both felt the same. Like they were on fire from the inside out. And don't get him started on how painful it was. The Kelvic groaned at his weakness. Since when did I become such a cry baby?

Sei struck the post were it was wrapped with rope, causing the slight sting he was getting used to. He winced and timed himself with Ser Erik's insistent counting, switching only when he was told. He used his right to elbow the post, striking weakly before looking to his Patron while continuing. He then looked straight ahead, before beginning to speak.

"Ser Erik, I don't mean to complain, but perhaps you might be willing to give me a short break?"

"Sei that is complaining and no, not until you collapse. As I told you before, you will be expected to train hard and work hard. Got it?"

"Yes Ser." He sighed and continued his work. His Patron barked for him to switch to the left and use his fists. And so he did. One punch, shaky, but it got the job done. He knew that he wasn't punching too hard, but his knuckles still stung with each hit. Then again, it wasn't like he was expecting it to tickle.

After a few more chimes Ser Erik finally told him to give it a rest. He stopped and rubbed his knuckles. Building up the strength of your limbs was hard, but as his Patron had said, it would only make him stronger. He followed behind Ser Erik after collecting his things, wondering what the next day would bring.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on March 12th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Sei :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Weapon: Shortsword +1 XP
Unarmed Combat +1 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Erik Barker: My Patron Knight
Rachel: Dormitory Chaperon

Loots
+2 Shield Point

Notes :
Good thread, Sei! Now this is what I'd like to see from your posts. :)

I love how you portray Erik and Sei interacting with each other.

A note, after they went to the Dormitory, Ser Erik would train him in the Training Grounds instead as they had better equipments and instructors than the Fighter's Pit. NPC Knights and squires mostly prefer the Training Grounds that the Pits, please keep this in mind in your future threads.

Enjoy your grades!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)