[Location] Castle Commons

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Location] Castle Commons

Postby Leviathan on July 11th, 2011, 6:11 am

Castle Commons

Image Located in the center of the city, the Commons is the center of activity in the city; while the docks bring in most of the foreign, marketable goods, the majority of Sunberth's food can be found in the Castle Commons where farmers are allowed to set-up shop. Castle Commons is very much responsible for a stable, if wanting, economy and for feeding a great deal of the civilian population. The make-up of the Commons is a combination of housing and stores, with farmers often selling their goods to warehouse owners and other peddlers from open stalls on the streets. Bakeries, butchers, and grocers are focused primarily on the fringe of the Commons where they also make their homes, which in turn makes the area a "wealthy" district, or at least wealthier than the rest of the city. Petty Crime is the most rampant here, with small time crooks stealing food and Mizas from the merchants, yet more heinous crimes tend to be rarer, such as murder and rape. Yet because of the high level of theft here, many merchants and shop owners hire individuals to act as personal mercenaries to do their bidding. This tends to lead to an interesting sort of competition between stall owners, hiring thieves or thugs to harass each other, and most commonly guards to protect their own areas. These competitive games rarely escalate into true horrendous crime, though there has been the occasional spilling of blood from hired men losing their cool or not being well controlled. A merchant that hires a wild man like this tends to lose all business, as well as being run out of town or being harassed by mobs of citizens.

ServicesFood can be purchased from the various venders in the Commons for half the standard costs in the Price List.

Places of Note
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook