Rats in a Maze [Various]

An odd collection of individuals, thrust together in one place. What could possibly go wrong?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Rats in a Maze [Various]

Postby Stefan on March 14th, 2014, 6:40 pm

The leathery insects were dispatched by the magician before Stefan, or anybody else for that matter, could do anything –not that his rapier or dagger could do any good against a bunch of ferocious insects –but was indeed relieved when they were burnt to ashes “Excellent... they probably after my sugar... don’t worry, it is safe!” he said patting the pouch on his side, suddenly realizing that he was talking pure nonsense. “I was probably at the verge of dying...” he thought to himself “And all I can’t think about is a bunch of sugar!?”

He breathed deeply, and took a moment to see his new “companions”... he already meet the gorgeous mage with as much politeness as he could, but now there was a almost transparent gal, with red blood eyes floating around with a bunch of tentacles on her back, and the child at one side just became an old man all of sudden, cane and all. And for some reason, that was the most normal thing that was happening there.

“Lad... I don’t know anything about a hen, but we shouldn’t get out of here as quick as possible? This place is getting on my nerves... we need to get out of here before any other kind of weird shyke happens...” but of course, almost like a prophecy, there was a loud, tenebrous laughter, that came from the darkness of the hallways of the maze. “...Please tell me that I was not the only one to hear that...”

Then there was a shadow coming slowly, but surely, towards them from the hallways. It was small, yet menacing, and Stefan drew his rapier to face the beast, that was accompanied by the persisting tune of the unsettling laughter.

However, once it got closer, Stefan couldn’t help but feel silly, as the “menace” was just stray, run-to-the-mill tabby cat, licking its pawns as he looked quizzically at the group. The young bard couldn’t help but laugh slightly and get closer to the animal.

“Heh, one gets scared for nothing, as it seems...” he said as he petted the cat, which began to purr “How’s a nice cat? You’re not after my sugar, are you?” his speech was interrupted by the same laughter again, this time louder and madder than before. And with a big grin, worthy of the darkest nightmares, the cat exploded, filling everything around it with viscous, red goo.

The Human was still in position, paralyzed, with his arm still extended to pet the cat. He remained silent, but then, after smelling something peculiar, he tasted his lips. “...This is not blood. This is... jelly. Strawberry jelly...” After whipping his face with his hand, he stood up “...And that’s why one shouldn’t ever combine drugs with alcohol. That’s the only way to avoid this kind of shyke.”
Stefan
Player

Words: 185497
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2013, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous