[Flashback] In which there is much sand(Private)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Azerix on September 17th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Azerix turned his head refocusing his eyes to the sunlight "sorry..thought i saw something..must have been a rat or something..." he smiled stepping back looking at the two "so guys...heres my question...after we get into this shack...what if all this was a hoax..or what if the treasure was taken long ago...i mean...this journey was fun and all...but..Sunberth isn't a place for a small mage like me..i mean lastnight i put up a fight but..that will not always be the case...Akiva you have Keorvic to look after you.." he stepped back and assessed the door "well...id say one good kick will solve our problems with the door" his eyes caught the edge "ah ha..that will help.." he approached reaching up attempting to pull out the bolt from the door. it took him a feel tries but finally it landed in the sand with a soft thud. He stepped back looking at the door then biting his lip "this...is..gonna..hurt" he dug is back heals into the sand using to push off into the door, letting out a jump and turning so shoulder hit the upper door, there was a loud crack and the entire shack shivered but no success, he stepped back rubbing his sholder then repeating the process, this time the door fell, Azerix lay there holding his sholder on top of the door "yeah...hurt..."
Azerix
Player

Words: 30996
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on September 18th, 2010, 1:17 pm

Tension was probably building in the air around the shack as Azerix drove the door down with sheer force and willpower, or maybe a few brain cells. But to one party concerned, life was all pleasant and nothing really felt different than it had before. "Uh...Azerix..." She said as he pulled the bolt from the door and threw it to the ground, preparing to run at the door. "I wouldn't..." But it was too late.

Akiva watched, confused as Azerix hurled himself at the door.
"You know, Keorvic probably could have done that with one hand, you didn't need to..." she trailed off, looking into the little shack. She saw scattered remains of what once appeared to be a home, of sorts, but now only debris of a shattered past lay across the floor. She hadn't seen the small set of eyes hiding beneath the drawr, however, and as a result, did not feel compelled in the least to do anything about it. She bent over and picked up the small bolt that Azerix had thrown on the ground, examining it thoroughly before putting it in her pack and stolling nonchalantly into the shack.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on September 18th, 2010, 11:08 pm

The big man squinted his eyes as the sun slanted through the dust. His eyes didn't have time to adjust to the darkness, but he clearly saw something akin to glowing eyes glaring at him from under a piece of furniture. Keorvic leaned in to get a better view, and then jumped, startled, as Azerix attempted to bash the door in. He attempted to trade glances with Akiva, but she seemed too amused in watching the scene unfold. "Hey um, aren't you worried about that yowl?" he asked, as the other two seemed to completely ignore the keening that had come from the glowing eyes in the shed. He watched the shack sway and shake as the small man battered the door down.

As the door finally gave up in the face of Azerix's baffling onslaught of physical powess, He stepped forward to help the man up. At Akiva's remark, he shot her a look of slight annoyance as he tried to hide the laugh that tried to escape his lips. The comment, while a little on the unnecessarily harsh side, was true enough. He helped the mage up while Akiva squeezed passed with typical nonchalance and ease. He helped the mage to his feet, then stepped forward into the shack, stepping out of the light as soon as he was through the door.

"Akiva, stay away from the dresser, something is under there, and I don't think it's Kipps."
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Book__wyrm on September 22nd, 2010, 5:32 am

At first glance, the room looked perfectly normal. However, something seemed, maybe, just a tiny bit wrong. There wasn't any apparent reason for it, the feeling was just there. Still, they'd soon have something else to worry about.

Perhaps it was the light. Maybe it was the loud crash. It almost certainly had something to do with the huge humans tromping into it's territory. What ever it was, the creature had had enough. With a loud, angry yowl, the cat sprang from it's hiding spot, right into keorvic's face.

It was a lean, mean looking tabby cat. It's claws were sharp, and it was mad. Very, very mad.
(Apologies for the lateness. I'll try to post faster.)
Book__wyrm
Orderly Chaos, Chaotic Order.

Words: 12917
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 12:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Akiva Korvashi on September 24th, 2010, 2:42 am

Akiva stared wide eyed as the feline hurled itself through the air and onto her lovers face. How dare it do that! Only she was allowed to fling herself at his face! Akiva was angry now too, very very angry.

"You stop that right now! Get down this instant!" She yelled at the angry furball, setting her pack down on the floor, then proceeding to strip her clothes off. "I will not stand for this, buddy." She glared at the cat, setting her last article of clothes down and promptly shifting into her cat form.

Akiva hissed at the other cat and extended her claws. She would be ready for this punk if they tried anything on her.
"What do you think you're doing, you barbaric animal? Get off of his face. That's my mate you're messing with." To the others, she would be speaking in the language of the feline, in meows and yowls. She often spoke to Kipps in the same fashion.

She actually had no idea where Kipps was at this moment. She figured he was fishing or adventuring somewhere on the beach, and knew he would come back to her later today. Anyhow, she was glad he wasn't here, he might get attacked by this angry excuse for a cat.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on September 24th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Keorvic stumbled into the room, with a slight guilty feeling; boards over a window were one thing, but they had just ruined the door. He looked around for a moment, trying to figure out the nagging feeling that something was wrong, when the demon from under the dresser attached itself to his face. It then extended claws and began flailing them against his face and neck, and attaching a pair of sharp teeth to his already scarred eyebrow.

He was stunned for a moment at the ferocity of the attack, and payed for it with a perforated eyebrow and a few deep scratched. The pain jolted him into action; with a snarl he reached up with his gauntlet-clad hand and wrested the small demon-thing from his face. He whirled to fling the thing against the wall and begin killing it. As he did, the riveting sight of a rapidly stripping Akiva froze him in place. He opened his mouth to ask her what she thought she was doing, when she turned into a cat.

She immediately began letting out yowls and hisses not unlike those the demon he was holding had been letting out moments before. On closer inspection, the thing in his hand turned out to be a scruffy looking cat. a very angry scruffy cat. The taste of blood dripped into his mouth as one of his cuts dribbled blood into his open mouth. He spat, then closed his mouth. Then he opened it again. "What is going on here?" he yelled as he shook the cat at Akiva. He glared down at Azerix, who had somehow managed to stay on the floor still. "And what do you think you are doing?" he roared at the prone mage.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Book__wyrm on September 27th, 2010, 12:20 am

This particular cat seemed very determined to stay on Keorvic's face, and seemed very upset to be pulled away, although his furious hisses could have been from the way he was being held. He continued to claw the air in front of him, trying to reach the hand holding the scruff of his neck. His attention was fully on the human holding him, and he seemed not to even notice the others in the room

As Akiva shifted, the cat's angry yowls would turn into "- my home, stupid human. When you let me go, I'll scratch your face even more!" As Akiva hissed at him, he stopped for a moment, not having realized she was there. The next instant, however, he was back to clawing at the human. "Me, barbaric? He's the one who broke my home!" He hissed back, quite obviously miffed. "You stupid human cat! This is my territory! You didn't even notice my scent around here. You're barbaric!" He snarled.
Book__wyrm
Orderly Chaos, Chaotic Order.

Words: 12917
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 12:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Azerix on September 27th, 2010, 12:59 am

Azerix was being helped up by the large man when a beast attacked Kervic....or so he thought after the small shock of surprise he realized what the attacker was. it was a cat, of all things that could be in this shack a cat had attacked the man, he sighed getting to his feet after be barked at by Keorvic. he stood infront of the man in pain looking at the scene, however, instead of using his magic or helping he just stood there for a second silent...then slowly a sound emitted from his throat instead of it being chants or words for the cat to get off it was laughter. Little Azerix was laughing at the large Keorvic "haha! oh the irony Keorvic! a big bad strong man like you that can withstand a dirty bar fight can't even get a pissed off cat off yourself!" he held his sides feeling the pain of laughter coming up "oh man...i think you can handle this one by yourself...i walked thousands of steps for a treasure..but i don't see any..." Azerix turned away from the 2 cats and the large man looking at the room again, he sighed and looked around for a candle, finding one he lit it with his Res and began to look around the room, searching the drawers that were left still in the dresser. "hmmm...i can't find anything guys...i think we were set up..great...waste of a journey now im stuck in a god damn town that just loves to beat and kill small mages like me..."
Azerix
Player

Words: 30996
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on October 1st, 2010, 12:50 pm

Akiva glared at the cat. She could tell that it was wild, and very uncivilized, this was probably not someone's pet. She mentally sighed, it was like yelling at a baby who did something wrong. How could they know any better?

"Well, you might not want to attack that one, he can kill you with one hand. Do you see what he's wearing? Those would slaughter you," she said to the cat, pointing out Keorvic's spiked gauntlets. "And besides, we have human business here. You should know better than to so directly interfere with such things. People don't regard out kind so highly you know, they won't hesitate to kill us for something minor. And you have done quite a bit more to warrant yourself at least a beating. Now calm before I tell him it's okay to kill you."

She looked sternly at the other cat (or as sternly as any cat could look), wriggling and clawing in her lover's hand. Keorvic seemed to have a good grip on it. Meanwhile, Azerix seemed more focused on looting the empty shack, laughing like he had last night after the fight. It almost scared her how creepy he could be sometimes. She would have been more upset had she thought there would be anything in this place to loot, but as she saw nothing of value, it didn't bother her.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on October 2nd, 2010, 1:50 am

Keorvic glared at Azerix. If looks could kill, Azerix would be a small reddish streak on the floor. He didn't even aknowledge what the small man had said. If he wanted to be childish and unthankful for the fact that Keorvic had probably saved his life the night before, then he would just have to deal with his own problems from now on. "Well you seem very certain of yourself. If you want, hbow bout you go take a look outside then. mayube see if YOU can catch fish and feed three people." he sniffed. With a sigh, he reigned in his anger. It wasn't the mage's fault that some stupid cat had attacked the only person who was trying to be careful.

He shook his head. "Nevermind, stick around Azerix. We will probably need you. " He looked back at Akiva and watched her meowing at the cat he held in his hand.It had seemed to calm down marginally, and seemed to be ignoring Keorvic in a way that only a cat could manage. No other creature in all of Mizahar could so thoroughly dismiss someone who was holding them up by the neck. Keorvic shook his head. Small droplets of blood sprinkled the floor around him.

He reached across with his other hand for his bag, and started slightly. "Okay, I'm guessing by the claws, that you have not forgotten I am holding you. But would you like a fish? would you calm down for a bit of kipper?" he pulled out the shred of fish and held it before the cat, not willing to get his hand mauled while attempting to give a cat a treat. "Sorry Akiva, I know you and Kipps like to have a monopoly on the fish I catch, but I think this little guy could probably be usefull. You're talking to him aren't you? Well ask him if he knows anything, and tell him he'll get a fish if he will stop scratching my face."
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

PreviousNext