[Flashback] In which there is much sand(Private)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Book__wyrm on October 5th, 2010, 10:55 pm

The cat sneered at her the best it could, being a cat. "Traitor. Choosing a human over your own kind. I don't care if you have human business here, this is my home, and you broke open the wood that keeps the light out!" He snarled, beginning to struggle again. "You lot are the one that deserve a beating. Look at you! You're a cat, yet you act like you're a human, and that human's are so much better than the rest of your kind. "

As Keorvic held out a scrap of fish, he paused for an instant, eyeing it curiously. He scowled "Don't even think about bribing me with that. Tell him I don't know anything about a treasure."

Whatever Akiva might have thought initially, it would soon be apparent that there was something off about this cat. Perhaps it was the fact he seemed to understand exactly what the humans were saying.
Book__wyrm
Orderly Chaos, Chaotic Order.

Words: 12917
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 12:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Akiva Korvashi on October 5th, 2010, 11:53 pm

Akiva mentally sighed to herself again, "I am no traitor, masterless naive. The man you attacked is my master, and the firey one is around for...entertainment. I still have my priorities, though my best friend didn't happen to want to come today." Her mention of Kipps made her wonder where he was again, she figured he would be here soon enough with all the 'excitement' going on. "I couldn't care less for the rest of their kind, but that one," she said, indicating Keorvic, "gives me all the fish I want. If you'll just stop squirming and scratching he'll put you down and give you the fish," she said absently. "He's not asking you for information in exchange for fish," she said, with a hint of 'yet' on her mind, not that she thought any cat would know of such things.

Something was lingering in the back of her mind, a feeling that something about this cat just wasn't right.
"Wait a minute, mister, why are you even living in a human's dwelling if you think so low of them? You hypocritical little..." She trailed off as she realized what it was that was bothering her. She didn't think twice about herself understanding her companions when she was in her cat form, or even Kipps understanding her when she was in human form, but any normal cat wouldn't care less about the things humans had to say. Normal cats couldn't understand words, as the humans knew them. "You're some sort of demon-cat aren't you? You can understand them! Not even Kipps can understand them! You foul beast, how dare you say I'm less of a cat for having human friends when you're not even a real cat!" She had spooked herself at this point, and was now backing up from the cat. He fur was raised and she was arching her back in fear.

Kipps would, in fact, be heading toward the small shack. He had been chasing a crab not far away and heard the small commotion that had been going on. He was mildly interested, though hesitant to leave his crab torturing activities. He approached the small shack and sat about fifteen paces from it, staring in through the small door. He saw about half of the fish man holding an unknown cat-one, which made his fur bristle. He saw the firey one walking around laughing, and he saw Akiva as her cat self, apparently talking to the other unknown cat-one. She seemed afraid, and slightly angry. He licked the sand from his paws and continued watching.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on October 6th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Keorvic sighed; the cat seemed just as angry despite the fish. He didn't know what to do, as Akiva's conversation appeared to be making no progress. Keorvic didn't know what to do at this point. "Well unless he has something he wants from us, I don't know what to do. I've tried being nice to this little demon, but if that doesn't work I will offeer violence." He said to Akiva. Keorvic meant it too. He knew that Akiva could talk to cats, and could probably get some information out of the cat he held in his hand, but unless something changed soon, he had no problems killing it. the damn thing had attacked him for no reason! Keorvic squinted and blinked blood out of his eye. Apperently not even fish worked with this cat, making it unique amoung all other cats he had ever met. He glared at Azerix some more. why wasn't the little man helping him and Akiva? Keorvic wasn't sure there was anything he COULD do, but it would certainly be better than standing still and laughing.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Azerix on October 9th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Azerix sighed, between Keorvic offering fish and Akiva...doing whatever she was doing with the cat, he figured that they had it under control. His worries were more towards why he came here, he was promised a treasure instead he was in the middle of a what looked like a pre-Valterian household with nothing in sight besides a whole lot of dust and dirt, some drawers, what looked to once be curtains and a other items that seemed of little to no value. "perhaps...someone has already come and looted this place guys....nothing seems to be important here..." he scuffed around the room poking his head behind objects "not enough light..." he opened his palm allowing his res to form into a small ball a few inches above his palm and ignite, he made sure not to use to much Djed, just enough to light the area in front of him a bit more, the shadows that once were in his path now became objects, what he once saw as a blob of darkness now was a Wooden cabinent without about 100 years of dust on it and small footprints. "the cat i assume.." he turned back to Akiva and Keorvic, "if you are still having troubles...just kick him out...literally...Turn to the door keorvic, drop it, and kick it out into the sand..." he sighed "then again looks like Akiva found a friend.." his eyes caught Kipps and he smiled "its good to see you again kipps!"
Azerix
Player

Words: 30996
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Book__wyrm on October 12th, 2010, 1:10 am

In hindsight, she really should have seen it coming. She was had barely finished her rant about demon cats when all of a sudden, Keorvic would loose his grip on the cat's neck. Where there had at one point been an angry feline, there was now a naked young man, on the floor, howling with laughter, and clutching his sides.

"D-demon cat? Is that what you call yourself?" He let out another cackle. "Besides, I'm not saying human friends are bad. But you seem to have lost who you are." He continued to snicker. Standing up, he held out his hand towards keorvic. "If you're not going to eat that fish..." He asked hopefully. "It's been a while since my last meal."

As Azerix wandered around, the floor would begin to creak. As he walked towards the drawer, the floor would collapse underneath his feet. Azerix would suddenly find himself falling. Just as he started to come to terms with the fact, he would hit the ground.

The hole Azerix had fallen into was quite deep, but not so much that he would injure himself. There was a tunnel as well, dark enough that you couldn't see anything.
Book__wyrm
Orderly Chaos, Chaotic Order.

Words: 12917
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2010, 12:41 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Akiva Korvashi on October 12th, 2010, 3:21 am

Akiva sat down, confused. Suddenly there was a naked human in front of Keorvic trying to get the fish from him, and the firey one had fallen into the floor. So it hadn't been a demon cat after all, it had been another of her kind. She had never actually met another cat of her size that could also be human, so she assumed that demon was a good conclusion to jump to. She had no idea what he was talking about. Akiva frowned, her small kitty-face pouting and full of confusion. She changed into her human self again so that she could continue speaking. "You know, you can't really assume everything about me from first meeting me. You of everyone, oh expert on those of our kind, should know that I'm only protecting my interests in going about as I do. You couldn't argue with all the free fish and shinies my situation brings me either. Surely you've felt the need for companionship, to bond to someone, before."

Akiva was completely uninterested in helping Azerix, she was still intrigued by the man-cat-that-is-like-her. She figured he could keep himself safe until they were done up here, or Keorvic would go rescue him. Despite Akiva's lack of interest for Azerix's plight, Kipps rushed into the shack and stared down into the hole. After a moment's hesitation he jumped down into the hole to where Azerix had fallen and licked the small man's cheek to see if he was okay. He then meowed in concern and nuzzled at his arm.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on October 15th, 2010, 7:23 pm

Azerix seemed to wither and dissapear beneath Keorvic's glare. In fact, He seemed to fall through the floor. Keorvic rolled his eyes, "Azerix, you really arent helping. We are all really impressed with your skills of earth magic, but seriously." He turned back to Akiva and found he no longer had hold of a large angry cat, and was now in the presence of a naked laughing man. The fact that Akiva was back in human form and also naked didn't help the situation.

He threw his hands into the air. "At this point, if someone could explain to me what is going on here, it would probably save everyone some pain and suffering." He glared at the giggling young man. "You. Is this your house? Because if so that I am very sorry that my friends lack basic manners. I am Keorvic. Please don't scratch me any more." He gave the young man the fish.

He saw Kipps saunter into the shack and jump into the hole that Azerix had made. Keorvic stumped over and glared into it. The boards around it were splintered and broken. His eyes still hadn't quite adjusted to the relative darkness of the shack, and as such darkness of the hole was impentrable. He slowly grew worried at the lack of sound coming from the hole. "I'm beginning to suspect that you were not, in fact showing off. That you may have hurt yourself. Are you Okay Azerix?" He shouted down the hole.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Azerix on October 15th, 2010, 8:39 pm

New back groundhey guys i decided to try something new for background...does it work good...to hard to read? if i so i can change it..just speak up.
Azerix crashed through the floor before he could see the "demon cat" to turn out to be a actual kelvic, however once the dust cleared he heared Keorvics remark "right...because i so planed to fall through the floor Keorvic...great trust in me.." he sighed and attempted to stand up feeling the pain in his leg "damn it...twisted my ankle...nothing big...can walk it off..." he sat down again rolling his foot in circular motions wincing and letting out a low whimper whenever he rolled over the painful part and smiled feeling Kipps nudge him "it would figure that with 2 humans up above...a cat would come to see if im alright" he smiled and scratched kipps between the ears and stood with a slight limp holding out his palm as his res flowed from his body once again forming into a small, yet, bright ball of flame that lit up the darkness "well...it seams i found a hidden passage.." he said to himself and looked up at Keorvic and scuffed "oh NOW you come to see if im alright..however when i actually do fall first you blow it off as a show of skill..." mumbles something under breath and turns to the hallway now revealed before him "well...it seems...that there is a passage down here...my curiostity says 'go check it out' but my mind says 'thats a bad idea alone...could be a trap'" he looked back up to Keorvic "well...you need some help or are you just going to leave the weak little Rheimancer down in the darkness alone?" smiles and turns to the darkness "that really...is creapy..."
Azerix
Player

Words: 30996
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2010, 11:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on October 15th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Akiva was still pouting when Keorvic walked over to the hole, and even as Azerix began to speak again, but something he said caught her attention. "Secret passage?" She asked and smirked, seems this adventure was worth their while after all. "Well mister, it appears as if I have something more important to attend to. Tata." She stood up and blew him a kiss, then picked up her bow and quiver of arrows and her belt with her two daggers and walked over to the hole.

"Hey Azerix! Catch!" She said, and threw her stuff down into the hole. She would need something for protection in a place she didn't know, but clothing wouldn't be necessary. She instantly shifted back to her cat form, for a more graceful landing (she didn't want to end up like Azerix), and jumped down into the hole, landing smoothly on all four paws. She nuzzled up against Kipps before turning back into her human self and retrieving her weapons.

She looked down the new secret passageway they had discovered. Though Azerix wouldn't be able to see down here, she could see as clearly as if she stood in the broad daylight above them. She strapped her belt around her naked waiste and slung the quiver over her shoulder.
"Are you coming down here Keorvic? Bring the rat with you if you are, can't have him up there alone." She was slightly bitter towards this newcomer, not that she didn't like him (only that she really didn't), but he was an unfamiliar cat, and he had touched her belongings.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on October 16th, 2010, 1:41 am

"Well, to be fair, you were laughing at me." he replied to the darkness. He was going to say something else, but Akiva's bow, quiver, belt (with knives), rattled past him into the darkness, quickly followed by Akiva herself. He sighed heavily, and looked back at Akiva's pack, laying by her clothes. He groused, but this shack was so far from Sunberth, so it was unlikely that someone would be snooping around.

He nodded at what Akiva shouted up, and grabbed the naked man by the neck, and shoved him into the hole. "And though I may be sorry that they were rude, you owe me a debt of much pain that I may let you pay off by accompanying us." He growled down after the kelvic. He told everyone to get out of his way, and made ready to jump, but paused. He reached over and grabbed the candle, then hesitated once more. He took out his rope and secured one end to the house, then wrapped it around a leg of the dresser (with the reasoning that the house may not be able to hold his weight.)

Having fulfilled his role as the sensible person, he lowered himself into the hole, and glared at everyone, except Akiva, who seemed hellbent on distracting him with her breasts. He grunted, and stepped forward into the tunnel, weary of traps or spiderwebs.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

PreviousNext