Completed [Temple of All Gods] In Search of Knowledge (Radiant)

Sei learns more about the God/dess Ionu and the Slain God Sylir.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Temple of All Gods] In Search of Knowledge (Radiant)

Postby Sei Tendo on March 1st, 2014, 9:21 pm

5th of Spring, 514AV
13th of Bell

Sei stood outside of the Temple Of All Gods, wondering how much he would learn. There wasn't much he knew besides the names and rumors about the two. And who are the 'two' the Kelvic refered to? Just the god Sylir and the unknown gendered Ionu. He worshiped Ionu, but as of late he realized he didn't know much about the god or goddess. In fact, from what he heard, no one knew the entitie's gender. Then there was Sylir. The God of.. Peace, if he remembered correctly. He wasn't a listener, but he was willing to give it a try.

Sei entered the temple, and looked around. It was an Elegant building with stone walls and lofty ceilings. Many magnificent pieces of stone art adorned the solid walls, and light illuminated the inside of the temple through stained glass windows. On the floors were what he observed to be sorrow oak tree pews that could seat many a person. The stone looked native, and in all honesty, Sei had to admit it was beautiful.

There were people almost everywhere, and Sei nodded and smiled warmly to all who adressed him. He made his way up to the alter, and sat in one of the pews. They were smooth and comfortable, but he hadn't come here for beauty. He wanted to know more about Sylir and Ionu, and hoped that the priest of the temple would know. He just didn't see any point of worshiping his god or goddess when he knew nothing more than his or her name.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on March 7th, 2014, 6:56 pm

The Temple of All Gods, where knowledge about various deities in Mizahar where freely shared towards all those who were willing to learn, not all gods or goddesses are known here, of course, but the famous ones such as Sylir, Tyveth, Priskil, even Ivak could be inquired here. Some could be seen sitting on the benches, praying to whatever gods they might worship, though... worshiping Rhysol or Krysus might bring unfortunate consequences.

Morian Devan was cleaning some temple equipments when a peculiar man entered the temple, he had short black hair with piercing green eyes. Morian noticed he seemed unfamiliar with this place, perhaps he was a newcomer? The man decided to find out, Morian walked over to Sei as he raised his hand in a warm greeting, "Peace to you, brother. May I sit with you?" If Sei gave him permission, Morian would politely sit beside him on the pew, then he introduced himself, "My name is Morian Devan, Sir, I'm a caretaker here, let me guide you on your spiritual journey." The man must be here to pray, so help him he shall, "But first, I must know your name and which deity you worship."
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sei Tendo on March 8th, 2014, 12:05 am

Sei had a slight feeling he was being watched. Most likely because he'd never been here before, but it did make him a bit nervous. Now he knew how the hunted felt. No, he had to just be getting paranoid. He dissmissed the thought and looked up to find a man standing there. He was a couple inches shorter than Sei, but he had similar - although human looking - green eye. His stubble beard that was black as night, and he wore a common sackcloth robe. The Kelvic nodded and for him to sit, and inched over to the left to make room.

"It's nice to meet you Morian, I'm Sei; Sei Tendo." The Kelvic greeted. After taking another look, Sei realized that Morian must be a priest. He fidgeted in his seat, not sure how exactly to begin a prayer. He'd never tried it before. It had never bothered him because he didn't want to prey to a God or Goddess he knew next to nothing about. It just didn't seem right, but now that he was here - the Temple of All Gods - it just felt wrong. Especially when theres a priest sitting next to me. He crushed the thought, deciding that it was highly disrespectful when Morian asked of his deity. "Oh, I'm fateful to Ionu and the slain God Sylir, but I think it's greatly disrespectful since I know nothing of them but rumours and names."

Sei looked down at the floor, hanging his head in shame. He probably sounded pathetic, but at the moment he didn't care. He was in a temple, where confessers were saved. So why did it bother him so much? Another answer he didn't have. Wait, I'm sitting next to a priest. Then it clicked. Maybe Father Morian had useful information on Ionu and Sylir!

"Um, Father Morian, would you be willing to educate me on my deities? And perhaps help me with a proper prayer?"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on March 28th, 2014, 5:04 am

Morian gave the tiger kelvic a calm smile, his features showing no amount of suspicion or hostility, merely the wise look of a man who welcomed all those who was willing to give their offerings to the Divines. The fellow green-eyed man was polite enough, Morian appreciated it, "An honor to meet you, Sir Sei." The caretaker noticed the man was slightly nervous, perhaps he was not a religious sort? It could be true as Morian didn't see him often in the temple, in fact, it was their first encounter if his memory served well. The caretaker was not a priest though, the priest was Glav Navik, but the man had risen, taking his father's place as the God of Peace and Civilization, a very honorable fate.

The caretaker raised his right hand to gently pat Sei on his shoulder, "Tis' alright, I mean you no harm, I'm here to help." He reassured the man in case he was suspicious of his sudden approach. Morian took in Sei's words in a calm manner, "Ah, I see you worship our great Father Sylir and hmmm... Ionu? The God of Illusion?" His combination of faith was unorthodox to say the least, Sylir is the God of Peace and Civilization while Ionu is a God of Illusion and Trickery. However, Morian assumed nothing, Ionu was not an evil god, just mischievous, unless Sei spoke of worshiping Rhysol, Krysus, Uldr, and their ilk, then he would have problems. The temple of all Gods didn't worship all gods in truth, only those condoned by the Syliran Knights. Obviously, evil and foul gods would not be tolerated.

"Of course, my son." Morian then calmly shifted his position beside Sei, then began explaining, about Sylir first "Sylir is the God of Peace and Civilization, he is the Syliran Knight's Patron God and should be so in every good Syliran citizen," Morian then smiled as he continued, "Sylir was slain by the God of Evil, Rhysol, back during the Valterrian, however..." Morian then gave Sei a triumphant look, "Knights spoke of suddenly being marked by the new God of Peace, thousands of them at the same time, during the Djed Storm of 512 A.V. Do you what this means? This means Sylir has risen once more! To spread peace upon the land!"

"*Cough*" He cleared his throat, sheepishly chuckling at being so riled up, "Forgive me, now I shall continue with Ionu," The man didn't know much about the Trickster, as fitting for the God's reputation, "I am afraid I do not know much about... the God," Ionu was never clear about their gender so Morian opted to leave gender-specific terms out of the explanation, "I only know that Ionu is the God of Illusion and Trickery, nothing more." He stopped there, he didn't want to make assumptions about the Trickster God.

"A prayer," Morian then gave Sei a heartful chuckle, "It depends on each person, dear Sir Tendo, pray however you think its best for your deities, worship them as if they are your own family or very close friend or your master, however you choose as each God is different. Sylir accepts all those who embrace peace, good, and fairness." Morian then would pause to see if Sei had further questions.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on March 29th, 2014, 4:46 pm

Sei was slightly less nervous after listening to Father Morian speak further. He had a lighthearted atmosphere around him which seemed to rub off on the Kelvic. Morian patted his soulder in reassurance. The priest then began to explain, though he seemed a bit excited that Sylir had been reborn. The Kelvic hadn't known he'd been slain, but from the way Father Morian described it, it was a good thing.

He was however, a little disappointed that the Father knew little of Ionu. Though it was to be expected. So many knew less about the deity. Sei was very proud to at least have found information on at least Sylir. God of Peace who was slain by Rhysol? He heard something about how Rhysol was an evil God, but since the Knights more than disfavoured him there was no way he was going to ask information on him.

"Thank you for your help Father Morian." He responded. He stood and bowed politely. "Perhaps I may better myself armed with my new knowledge." He lifted and said his goodbyes before exiting.

OOCThanks soo much Radiant! I hope I get another chance to roleplay with you in the future!
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on March 31st, 2014, 2:14 pm

Sei :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Morian Devan: Caretaker Of The Temple
Lore of Religion: Sylir
Sylir: Rises During The Djed Storm
Ionu: Trickster God
Rhysol: God Of Evil
Religion: How To Worship Is Different For Each God

Loots

Notes :
It's a short, but sweet thread! You're welcome and thank you for threading with me as well, Sei.

Your replies are adequate now, you've grown so much since you first began here and for that, I'm proud of you. ;) Keep it up!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes