Closed Getting to ghoul you (Fallon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Getting to ghoul you (Fallon)

Postby Elaine Spade on March 6th, 2014, 2:23 pm

2nd Spring, AV 514 [The Quarters]

The second day of spring and new year had come at last. It was morning, Syna was coming up to the sky and take it over like the sky was her own domain only. People were doing their own business as always, going to the labs, doing experiments and magic. The island awaked and life with death was going on. Also Elaine showed up at the streets, was wandering.

She was without Clyde this time. Not because she liked it that way but he needed a little time without her too. Also visiting another place could be useful. Getting know more about the city itself couldn't hurt. Many labs, many experiements, many nuits and many magic. That's all she knew about it. But there must be more and she was curious, wanted to know them if not all. Although she didn't know where to go or start.

She looked up at the sky. The Sun was there. She liked spring. Flowers were blooming, the air had a nice scent, it could calm her at Zeltiva. Birds were singing again, the weather was warmer and warmer day by day. Like everything renewed and new life appeared. Pity it didn't work on her. She was still as dead as one could be. Also she didn't notice spring in Sahova that much. Maybe because she was a ghost. She looked back at the street.

A sudden idea came to her mind. Maybe she could pick a person and follow him/her. That way she could probably find a new place. And so she picked a person. It was a female nuit. Immediately she was following her at the nuit's back. But she was only going to the labs. No luck. Whens Elaine was about to think she could just pick another person she realized that it wasn't that good idea afterall. Somebody would think she wants something bad and call Wanda. She didn't want this to happen.

Boring. She was just walking around. When she saw a person come out from a place she had never been in. Perfect! Elaine headed over there, she felt she had to check out certainly. She entered and was going down. This place was also under the ground, suprising. She arrived to the Quarters' first floor. She saw many, many doors. She was wondering if this place was an inn. But it was unfriendly if so.

She was standing there for a moment and decided to look inside. She went through one of the door and was shocked. The room was smaller than she thought. It also contained nothing, other than a table and a mat. She went out and checked another. It was the same just a nuit was standing there. She quickly left it before the nuit could see her. She wasn't sure if there is a point to check another room. It was as dead as everyone else here.

But then just to be sure she checked another. Again a same room but now something different. A human stood there, not a dead person. A woman, who was indeed in a good shape. Elaine went closer in. Surely the room was colder than usual because of her. She was interested not many alive person lived here. She greeted her. "Good morning! It's a suprise to see someone who is... less death than others. How are you?" For this she even materialized her face and torso. Her features were less blurry now, looked still like a painting but her voice wasn't echoing either. "Ohh... I'm rude. Disturbing you and not even tell my name. I'm Elaine Spade!"
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on March 8th, 2014, 12:33 pm

It was in the tiny room that Fallon stood. Bare feet were planted on the cool floor, the gentle shifting of weight from her heels right onto the toes then back again. Tendons gently stretched out, a gentle rocking as the weight shifted to and fro. Gently she flexed her toes, stretching and uncurling as brought herself out of a dazed state. Her neck clicked, her head gently tilting to the side the round as she willed the body into life. With the trousers rolled up her shins and the tired shirt hanging off her frame, the mercenary brought her arms up to stretch.

What was the plan for today? Well even she was unsure. Most probably work through the rest of her supplies and settle down to do some reading. Maybe if she was feeling up to it some maintenance work. Or, perhaps she could go and harass Zandelia or her brother. She had yet to speak to the latter since her arrival on Sahova - a disappointing factor to say the least. She wondered what had happened to him, if things were truly alright and that the Island had not consumed him whole.

Biting her lip she arched herself back, her tired lids closing as she focused. A gentle crick sounded out, a soft wince before she felt the tips of her fingers touch the wall behind her. Exhaling she pulled herself back forward, her lips parting and her shoulders slumping. Sometimes, a human just needed a good stretch - much like now. Leaning forward, Fallon bent at the hip and stretched her arms and fingers down to touch her toes. Not that she got near, she spent more of the time wiggling the tips a few inches above. There was a groan, her back reaching up and out.

Or at least until someone spoke. Fallon barely turned her head to see the greeting of whatever it was. A woman? No she was far to Ethereal for that.

"Oh holy petching Eyris Goddess!" her limbered form became animated, her hands rising up defensively to protect her face. There was a pivot round, her shoulders hunching in as the unnatural chill crept in. Startled, the mercenary took a defensive step back, a series of rapid blinks as she took this Elaine in to perspective. Lips twitched, her brow furrowing as she took in the question. She was struggling to comprehend for a few ticks, a tired mind slowing her before promptly she shook it off.

"Good Morning?" she straightened, "Do you... wish me a good morning? I mean regardless of the day and what it may bring? Or is it just feeling? I..." Fallon waves the thought away, her other hand pinching at her brow with some form of anoyance, "Yes. Yes. I... fine. Ghost. Sahova. Makes perfect sense."

Deflating, Fallon let herself slump her hands quickly reaching down to the small floor space to tidy things up. Fingers curled around the spine of the books, her coat quickly being folded up and what was possible to put away being tucked out of sight. Her finger tips gave only a rise to her eyes, the gentle press before she released a stifled yawn, "Excuse me. I... stretching. It... pardon what was the name? Elisi? I misheard. Maybe. I think."

Gods I need my tea in the morning.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on March 13th, 2014, 2:19 pm

She was waiting for her to turn around. When she did, Elaine eyes became a bit bigger. Eyris Goddess? She was thinking about the name. Eyris... Eyris. Nothing came to mind, it was only familiar or she could have sworn that she heard it somewhere. Even though she didn't like this 'greeting' if she could call it one. She was slightly shaking her head.

Also she didn't understand her thinking. Sahova and ghosts are making sense? Not for her. After her experience in the Courtyard. She didn't see many ghosts either, only one little girl and the ghosts in the Courtyard. She raised her eyebrows."Ghosts and the walking,speaking corpses are hardly the same for me... Or what did you mean by 'Makes Perfect Sense'?"

She also watched how Fallon was packing everything away. She was really scared, or afraid that she might found out something. Elaine gave out a little sigh. She unmaterialized herself and looked at Fallon. "Fine... Fine... My fault, I didn't do it properly. Let's start it again, shall we?" With that she went through the door and she was at the 1st floor again. She looked around. Not even a nuit. Then she focused her soulmist at her hands and knocked three times. She went through it again.

Again she materialized herself to look like a painting. All of her soulmist with around her body, and like a shell was there, making her more clear. Also her voice was clear. "Good morning! I'm Elaine Spade. Hope your...'petching' Eyris Goddess will also bless you this day!" She added sarcastically.
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on March 15th, 2014, 4:46 pm

Fallon treated the added sarcasm with the contempt it deserved. She ignored it. There was no use allowing herself to be riled up by a ghost. It was a waste of time and energy. She did not stop the ghost from exiting and entering once more – nor did she turn up from tidying up.

”You’re still an undead, on a citadel of undead,” she shook her head as she stuffed her cape into her bag, shortly followed by the coat on top. The books however she neatly left upon the straw mat, ready to be picked up and read when possible, ”Thus, by taking the definition of undead as not living. Which as a ghost you are not, you are well… undead. Thus making perfect sense.” There was a pause, a rocking on the heels, ”Then again, you’re not exactly an animated corpse either… but you’re not breathing, bleeding or well anything. Incorporeal and without a solid, flesh body.” Waving away the thought, Fallon continued with her sorting, ”May Eyris grant you wisdom on this day spirit.”

Resting on her haunches, Fallon tilted her gaze up to Elaine. Her brow fell into a line as to what to exactly do next. On one side she understood that ghosts could be spoken to and reasoned with, on the other she knew exactly the obsessive dangers they were. How some existed purely on desire and greed, willing to stop at nothing to get what they want. Lids narrowing she carefully chose her next words, ”Bitzer. Least that is what you can refer to me as for now.”

Sitting herself down, the mercenary took the ghost in regard, ”So, spirit Elaine, if I may call you so. What brings you about this day? Exploration? Curiosity? Time passing? Or are you seeking something perhaps?” Her hands came together, a clap as she broke a grin to the ghost, ”Last time someone came knocking on my door, I conversed and shared tea with them for that was what they were seeking. So, what do you want?”
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on March 22nd, 2014, 10:32 am

Elaine was shaking her head by the statement, undead. But she had to admit, this woman was using her head at least. "Undead... Oh cmon am I using a dead body? " She started her argument and sat down like they were at a picnic. "I'm a ghost, who didn't move on. I don't use any body to LIVE. I'm dead! And as you said perfectly, I can't bleed, breath and well... live a life. " The more she talked with her, the more she wanted to know about her.

Somehow she liked her. There was something in her. Little by little they could get know each other. "So then..Blitzer right? Who is Eyris? A goddess for sure and therefore how about we don't swear and using her name? " She added and was also giving a half smile. Also she was using less soulmist on her appearance now. Her look was less and less solid by the time. She didn't feel necessary anymore to show herself.

"And yes, I hope I can get some wisdom today from her or from anyone. After all that is all I can trully possess... my thoughts and wisdom. That's all left to me as a value." Her voice became a bit sorrowful and looked away from her for a moment. Realizing her own faults and embrace them didn't help her to move on. Because she wanted to live, but she could only do so in this form. And with only one man.

"What do I want?" She asked and looked back at her. "Well too bad we can't enjoy a tea together isn't it? I bet you don't have a cup of soulmist." She gave out a little giggle. Her ghosty humor was bad. Really bad. "But no seriously, you believe it or not I'm not going to haunt you or do any harm. It's just pointless, I'm dead and you are alive, that's it. I believe we can give each other something. You are smart! Do you know which thing, which value can't be taken away from a person? Well... let me correct myself: can be taken away HARDLY? Really, really hardly. "
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on March 28th, 2014, 9:37 pm

There was a long pause of musing. Lips pursed into a line, the fingers flexing as the ghost made herself at home. Or at least as reasonably possible one could in the cramped space she was residing in. Weight was shifted as she brought the brazier round, the rattling kettle being placed down next to it in the process. For a moment she seemed to stop to think, her eyes scanning her belongings before she promptly located the tea leaves. From there she proceeded to go about setting the remaining coals in the base alight for a morning drink, ”Yes, I suppose you are right on both accounts. The divine should at least be respected, though my exclamation was more on the basis of surprise.”

”Bitzer. As in Bits and Pieces,” Fallon corrected as she emptied her water skin into the iron kettle. From there she moved down to the coals, the flint and steel quickly coming together in a low clicking noise. The edges struck, the scraping of surfaces breaking into a spark. Catching an edge of half burned coal it fizzed through and grew into a flame. There was an approving nod, the tools being set down before she turned her attention back once more to the ghost.

”Eyris is the Goddess of Wisdom and Knowledge,” Fallon begun as she took a perch upon the ground opposite the ghost, ”She s the source of all such things in the world, drifting to and fro between the deities without taking sides or making enemies… Or at least that is what I have been told, and I have yet to have seen any evidence that suggests otherwise,” looking around she spotted the discarded kukri upon the thin bed mat, and took it up, ”Either way… she is all knowing, understanding and just knows things. Probably why she is also seen as a patron of learning… anyway does that answer your question?”

There was a poke at the still coals, a gentle turn as she willed them to ignite. There was no immediate reaction to the sullen tones of the spirit, she felt it inappropriate to anyway to direct comments at the creature that clung onto life when there was none. Fingers massaged at her neck, as she watched the fire crackle and burn. Until she spoke in a dry tone, ”The last time a ghost told me they would not do harm to me they tried to take me into the afterlife… so apologies on my scepticism on what you are not going to do.”

Lips curled upward at that point, her brow cocking to the questioning of Elaine, ”Depends on the individual as to the thing in question. What might be of little value to one could be very valuable to another. But, the nature in which you speak suggests it is to the self as opposed to something material. So, I shall make some educated guesses,” sucking in the air she took up the kettle and positioned over the flames, ”Memory, knowledge… learning? Enlighten me.”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on April 6th, 2014, 3:44 pm

"Bitzer, my mistake." She corrected herself. She was still sitting and was curious what the other girl was doing. A coal... so she was about to heat up the room. No wonder, around Elaine it must be cold. She couldn't do against it but she felt sorry for her. She let out a little apologize to her. "Sorry about that."

Eyris was still familiar to her and somehow she believes Lisaelis had to do something with her. She was listening to Bitzer and by hearing she liked that goddess. She wished she could meet with her or talk with her once. But that idea was only a dream, a stupid thought which would never happen perhaps. She was also curious what did it feel like knowing everything in the world, being wisdom and knowledge herself. "More than anything. More than anything."

She also felt a little comfortable for Fallon not trusting her. Again other experiences. "In that case I won't try to convience you by the words. You will earn my trust by my actions, just then give me the CHANCE to prove myself not being a violent, crazy ghost."

But on her face a wild smile appeared again. Yes she liked that woman, and she was sure that she had to do with Eyris too. At least she was surely worshipping to her. She found her smart."Enlighten you? But Bitzer, you said it yourself. I knew you are not dumb. I believe... other than my soulmist perhaps... only my knowledge and memories are value to me. So that's the deal I'm willingly to offer. Wisdom changing." It was strange to call it a deal. "Even though I already got one from you, so it's only fair if I answer to your question now. I tell you or if you want show you about me, about ghost or anything you want to know. And then it will be my turn. How about it? "
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on April 11th, 2014, 10:31 am

Fallon stopped and listened once more, if not for the occasional glance down towards the kettle. With a gentle lift of the lid she occasionally looked inside to view the contents. But for the most part she simply left the water and tea leaves to brew. Fingers brushed back her fringe, her knee rising up and her arm resting off of it. Ghosts were strange creatures, she mused as she took in the being before her. They clung to the past, of what once was and whilst they could be useful if tempted correctly - Fallon was still sceptical on their reason for existence. Trapped until they moved on.

"Then I shall hold you to the proving in actions as do I to myself," she gave only a shrug, and listened to the offer of the ghost. It was a game even she herself frequently partook in, a question for a question, an answer for an answer. It was one based upon careful analysis and wit, a sharp mind to stay one step ahead and not reveal too much. Yet also be able to break apart what was before her. Of course, this one seemed to be a lot more focused in subject - much to potential annoyance. Leaning back slightly, the mercenary thought quietly to herself. Words were vital, and needed to be picked out.

Of course, she probably had some leeway, the Ghost seemed happy with the idea of pleasant conversation - supposedly with one who was not dumb. Her lids only pinched slightly at such a thought, a gentle rattle of the kettle began to warm in the heat of the brazier. Fingers rubbed at her chin, a moment of careful thought before she finally began to speak once more, "So, a question from me? Very well... let's see what I can think of."

Her finger drew a circle upon the ground, a slow gentle movement as she chose her words, "Well, before I ask anything of a particular focus I must firstly know where the majority of your knowledge lies. So, tell me Miss Spade where in this world have you been? What places have you graced with your presence?" With such knowledge she could begin to further dissect things, "And with that I believe it is your turn to ask me of something. Same rules apply."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on April 19th, 2014, 11:23 am

These were one of the times when she wished she could lie she is alive or at least she could be alive for some bells so people wouldn't freak out. She couldn't convince Bitzer that she was harmless. She didn't blame her, but she sighed and waved her hand. And with a tired voice she commented back. "Yeah..Yeah as always."

Why the woman was thinking, Elaine was staring at the flame. She wished she could warm herself up a bit or feel it's warmth for once. Then terrible memory of the house fire came to her mind. Everytime she remembered it was horrible. The most terrible thing that she became calm because of the flames. She turned her head away from it. She was focusing on Bitzer rather. She was happy that she was joining.

Elaine was laughing at her first. This was the third time now that she was called Miss Spade. She never understood it and she will never do probably. "Please! What's with everyone calling me Miss Spade? Just drop it, I have doubts that I will be important to the livings so they would have to call me Miss Spade. Elaine or Ela or Spade." She stopped laughing and answered to her."Sorry but this is always amusing or strange. I'm from Zeltiva and I also was wandering in Ravok's streets. Creepy place. "

It was her turn now. She was thinking what to ask from her but the easiest option to ask her the same. And her reasoning was also right. They could ask more easily if they knew where their knowledges lied. "I would like to ask the same from you. What places, which cities have you seen in your life? "
Elaine Spade
Player

Character sheet

Postby Fallon on April 23rd, 2014, 9:31 am

"One calls you so because it is polite and is a symbol of respect," Fallon spoke clearly, "And, until now you did not wish for me to drop such formalities. But... as you now wish me to, I shall." Gingerly she lifted the lid of the kettle, her gaze staring into the dark depths before once more she closed it. A tilt of the head, her brow creasing with thought, "Zeltiva, Ravok and now here. My, t'is quite a distance you have travelled Elaine. I always imagined ghosts to be rather stationary creatures. So... unless you had a reason in which to leave your original ground...?" Fallon shrugged, it was only a suggested trail of thought.

"Still Zeltiva is nice. Warm in the summer, and cool in the winter. And the water, I'm certain it was rippling like sapphires." Pausing she allowed the escape of a laugh, her lips breaking out into a curl, "I visited Zeltiva several years ago and studied in the university. I remember the city well, or at least... how it was before the Djed storm. I do not know if it has changed since. Probably has, a lot of places have changed because of that." With a loud yawn the mercenary pinched her brow, "Ravok. It is nowhere near as creepy as Sahova. And unusual as it may be, I can't help but admire what they have done. Imagine that, making an entire city upon a lake. Clever piece of architecture. I do wonder on how they make it float. But... that will be for another time."

A flick of the hand, the turning of eyes downward to the rattling kettle - no, it was still too soon. More time was needed. With the fingers lacing together she turned to the ghost, "Well, as you probably guessed I have gone to the same as you, and a few others. Sunberth, Syliras, Nyka... the region as whole would be the best description." She was not about to give a full list however, the ghost did not request so - besides, Fallon would have felt more comfortable applying some control as the knowledge she revealed. She was not about to be a completely open book to the creature before her. Neck clicked, her eyes met that of the ethereal, "So I suppose from there I will have to ask, what do you wish to hear about first? Of the men in armour, the knights of Syliras? Perhaps the monks of Nyka, who fight with an iron fist? Or maybe there is something else?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Next