Completed The First of Many Meetings

Altos meets his Patron

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The First of Many Meetings

Postby Altos Ironheart Coglias on March 16th, 2014, 12:21 pm

ALTOS

3rd Day of Spring, 514 AV

As quickly as possible Altos sorted through his clothing and travel gear, he now had a personal chest in which to keep his belongings. It didn't offer much space but it did fit most of what he'd carried on him and that which it didn't he merely left in his bag and laid it on top of his new storage space. There were two other beds in the room meaning he probably had roommates but the chests weren't locked so he didn't think twice about leaving his bag there. The only item he had of any real value was his axe and that he would carry with him for now. Satisfied that all his property was properly put away Altos left the suite to find the woman who had introduced herself as Rachel.

"You wouldn't happen to be Altos now would you Squire?"

Just as he was closing the door to the suite a kindly looking Knight who was striding down the hall spoke to him. Though not unpleasant he had a firm and serious tone, the voice of a man who took his duties seriously. He had not expected anyone to be searching for him, much less a Knight so after a moment of surprise he replied "Yes Ser, I am Altos Ironheart". Altos tried to keep his voice as respectful as possible. At one time he may have believed himself better but for now this man was his superior.

"Ah good, your quite lucky you know. Rachel caught me just as I was passing by and informed me I was to be assigned a squire" Ser Logan gave Altos a cursory glance. His eyes lingered for a moment on the axe but no more then a second. "Well you've got a much better build than most squires start off with, then again we don't get many Isurian recruits. We'll start off in the training yard so I can gauge your ability, though you will have to make a stop at the armory first." Ser Logan directed Altos with quick and precise directions on how to get to the armory and what equipment to ask for."Make sure you pay attention when they are teaching you how to put all your armor on, I'll be testing you on it. When they've finished with you come straight up to the Antonius training grounds, I'll be waiting there."

It took Altos almost a full bell before he finally managed to make his way to the training grounds where Ser Logan awaited. The full suit of plate mail he had been given to wear was, while not unbearable, still quite a bit heavier than most any outfit he had worn in his life. Not to mention that it was more than a little awkward to move in, and he was carrying a kite shield on top of that. Upon arriving he quickly located his Patron, took a breath, and rushed over to apologize. "I am sorry I took so long Ser"

"Not a problem, in fact at this point most squires are already exhausted with just moving around." Ser Logan examined Altos for a moment, and with a generally pointed wave towards the weapon hanging at Altos' waist he continued"Now to put your skills to the test. You are trained proficiently in the use of the axe?"

"Yes Ser. It was forged by my grandsire and has been passed down to me." A surge of pride swelled within his chest when he thought of his grandsire. The man had been a great blacksmith and nearly as great a warrior. "I have been taught quite extensively in it's use." Altos frowned as he considered if they would be using live blades. He didn't want to accidentally hurt a Knight on his first day. "We won't be using real weapons will we? Not that I'm afraid, it's just..." He trailed off unsure of what to say. The last thing Altos wanted was to be seen as a coward, however sparring with sharpened weapons with someone you had never sparred with before could be dangerous.

His concern elicited a chuckle from the older Knight.
"Eventually we will, but for today at least we shall make use of the copious amounts of training equipment we have lying around" Ser Logan motioned towards a collection of racks which had been placed here and there across the training grounds."For now grab a pair of the training swords as well as an axe, and we'll make our way over to the dummies. In the future it would probably be a good idea to leave your personal weapon stored in your room." As soon as he finished speaking, Ser Logan began walking towards the training dummies. It looked like he would be expected to carry it all over himself. Sighing, Altos trudged on over to the racks where he picked up the equipment. It took him a moment to find a suitable method of carrying it as he was still holding the kite shield and movement in this damned metal shell was becoming more and more tiring.

After awkwardly making his way over to his knight, he laid the gear neatly on the ground. He struggled slightly to get up under the weight of the suit, cursing under his breath. "Ser, um where would you like me to start?" Altos was by no means new to the idea of practicing his fighting abilities but he wasn't sure what Ser Logan was hoping to see.

"Start by demonstrating your ability with the axe and we shall take it from there, remember the point of this is to show me what your skill not to tire yourself out. This is just the beginning of your day Altos. We still have the lessons to strengthen your mind after this." The smile on the older Patron's face as he spoke was gentle not quite mirroring the words coming out of his mouth. Picking the dull training weapon off the ground he groaned to himself. This was going to be the hardest training he had ever done, and he was dreading the next few months of his life. However he had already made his choice, this was the path he would walk and he would not shame himself further by abandoning it. He would become a Knight.

"me" "you" "Ser Logan"
Altos Ironheart Coglias
Squire of the Syliran Knights

Words: 54027
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2014, 7:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

The First of Many Meetings

Postby Radiant on March 23rd, 2014, 6:59 pm

Altos :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Logan Meyers: My Patron Knight
Plate Armor Is Heavy

Loots
+1 Shield Point

Notes :
Short, but sweet first Patron meeting thread, Altos. :) Enjoy your grades.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)