Completed [The Broken Casket] I'm Not Her

Nilika meets someone from her grandmother's past

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Broken Casket] I'm Not Her

Postby Nilika on March 19th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Timestamp: 25th Spring 514AV

Nimble fingers started cut a pair of pants up to the knees. Nilika brought the now shortened pants up for inspection. It was starting to get hotter but not too hot. The days still had that coolness of winter. She slipped the black shorts on and headed to her chest. Today felt like a good day to go swimming. It wasn’t too hot or cold, just right. She pulled her royal blue shirt over her head and pulled out a pair of slippers. It was the 6th bell in the morning and barely anyone was up. Combing through her hair, she flipped it to the back. Nilika decided not to put her hair up and let it go wild. She started to pack her backpack with a pair of undergarments and a pair of shoes. The young Konti made her way towards the door before putting her hand up to her chest.

She almost forgot her key. Doing a wide and quick scope of the room, the teenager couldn’t find them. Turning around over and over, she still didn’t find them. She resulted to the last option, where they could possibly be, and looked under her bed. There it was with all of its dusty glory. She squeezed herself under the bed and grabbed the key. Scooting herself back out, she hit her head against the underside of the bed. She rushed out and started to rub at the forming knot on her head. The girl murmured out a slurred swear and got off her knees. She dusted herself off and put the key around her. The coldness of it made her jump a little. Taking one good once over, Nilika headed out of the small room.

The halls weren’t bustling which was a good factor for the Konti. She never did like big crowds. There were too many people and noises. Also there was way too many new smells that made her dizzy. She particularly skipped down the hall as she made her name. There was something in the air that made her unusually happy and light. Maybe it was that it was a new or maybe it was the Spring. Whatever it was, she wasn’t about to question it. As she walked there was a creaking of a door and Nilika turned to look at it.

“Oh Ms. Owen it’s a pleasure to see you doing well,” Nilika greeted the elder Konti. The older person smiled and patted her on the shoulder. She was about to leave before remembering something important. “Nilika, my dear, there was an Akalak here asking about you,” she said worryingly, “do not worry I didn’t tell him anything about you.” The teenager thanked her and took a step forward right before a warm scaled hand grabbed his hand. “He said meet him at the Broken Casket,” she said before leaving up the stairs.

The Konti stared after her for a moment. Should I go? Naw it’s probably mom trying to get me to marry early, which wasn’t going to happen anytime soon. I’m not going to ruin my plans on going swimming. She made up her mind and continued to walk out of Traveler’s Row and started to head her way to Bittern District. The sun was shinnying brightly and the warmth felt good against her scales. The roads weren’t crowded as it would be later on in the day. It’s been at least three seasons since she has lived here. Everything was still quite new to her. Syliras was big place and Nilika felt smaller than she was at Mura. More people, all different races, and different languages to absorb. It was already bad enough that there tall, sometime small, Knights everywhere. It’s not like she wasn’t grateful for them, but most of them seemed threatening. After all it is their job to protect the citizens.
Last edited by Nilika on April 19th, 2014, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nilika on March 20th, 2014, 8:21 pm

There were few people out and about, it was nice out, the sun has barley raised and the air had that slight chilliness to it. The snow has fully melted, but it will be missed. Nilika started to snicker at the snowball fight that had happened. She almost full out laughed, remembering Edwyn trying to throw the balls. The memory was fun and exciting. Before she knew it, she was already at the docks. Going as far away from the ships as possible, Nilika stripped to her undergarments. They were made up of short tight cotton pants and short half shirt that showed her stomach, shoulder, and arms.

The teenager put her clothes into her backpack and put it near the many rocks near the shore. She walked into the water until it wasn’t shallow anymore. Her feet pushed off from the ground and into the deeper part of the water. The water started to get denser and more recluse. The young Konti relished in the feel of the water being around her. It’s been so long for her to be able to really enjoy the feel of the water. It was so refreshing to be in her element. The waves were gently and light, as if Laviku knew not to harm her. A sigh fell from her pink lips. It was truly relaxing to just to be lazy for a day. She let her body drift upon the waves making sure not to wonder to far from the shore. She didn’t know if a bell went by or not but her eyes had drifted close. The sleeping body just rode the currents.

A bell and 15 chimes went by and blue eyes flash open. Nilika looked around her and noticed that she hand sank down into the sea a little. Luckily for her, her body was light enough not to fully sink down to the bottom. A shiver went up spine at the thought of that happening. She has never had visited this part of sea that much. It wasn’t like it was near Mura. There could be anything down there. Instead of staying there any longer, Nilika started to swim to the surface and let only half her face show. Her milky white hair flowed around her and covered her eyes like a veil. A mischievous grin formed its way onto her face. She could possibly scare someone by looking like that. But she bumped the thought out of her head; she didn’t have enough energy to do that at the moment.

Slowly, she started to swim to the sandy shore and looked out at the ocean. Already she missed the water being around her, but she still had many things to do before the day ended. She had to take Henry out on a ride or something. Poor thing was probably missing her and the attention. Nilika has been so busy that she almost forgot about her trusty stead. Then she wanted to go to that salves place hoping that the owner would teach her thing or two about herbs. To be honest, her day was packed full of events. The girl lied down on the ground and watched people from her hiding place.

One day she went down to the docks and wanted to check it out. She had overheard someone saying that a ship from Mura was coming. With the expectation of seeing some familiar faces, she was soon disappointed by it. It appeared to be a rumor and nothing else. While she was there she had started to look around the place a bit before coming upon a place far from the ships a little rocky area that had three huge rocks laid next to each other on their side. Ever since then, Nilika claimed the spot hers.
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nilika on March 21st, 2014, 3:31 pm

OOCPlease ignore the song I had to make something up :'(. Oh and the hiding spot I made that up if it is okay, if it's not I'll go back and edit it.

As she laid there a little song made her remember the old times with her grandma. She doesn’t know why but she felt closer to her than her mother. Maybe it was because she doesn’t really see her, so she tries to bond with elder faster. It was a question she didn’t know the answer to. How did that song go? Nilika sat there for a while thinking about how the tune had went.

“The waves at night howls
in anger. The wind flies above
The waves smash into its mighty shore,
the wind barks in laughter.
For the waves cannot fly high in the sky―,”
Nilika hummed the rest of the song.

With a smile, the Konti laid down in the sun as Syna raised it to the sky. The sun’s warm rays started to dry her off. She stretched her arms above her head, giving her body a full stretch. Today she felt so relaxed and refreshed. A sigh worked its way from her; she just laid there and let the sun roll over her skin. Time went by and the teenager knew that she had to get up. With a huff, Nilika rose up, grabbed her bag, and went to one on of the huge rocks to change. She stripped out of the now dap undergarment and changed into the new one. Putting the rest of clothes on, she traded her slips with black shoes and walked away from her spot. The sun was now fully up and people were up and about going on with their day. She was walking before a tap on the shoulder distracted her from her path.

“I knew I recognized you from somewhere,” a deep male voice broke into her thought. Nilika spun around quickly and stared wide eyed at the person in question. He had a flirtatious smirk and was blue? An Akalak, the Konti never really saw one up close especially one talking to her. His hair was tied in a knot at the back of his head and his gaze was directed only on her. “I-I um,” Nilika started to stutter in Common before the Akalak bent over and put his finger up to her lips. Her face turned a bright red from the contact. The poor child of the sea’s mind was going a hundred miles a chime.

“Oh how I missed you N’Fisa,” he said with a devilish smirk. The poor teenager almost passed out from that, but she heard the name N’Fisa. She looked at the man warily. Did he just say N’Fisa as in my grandma? Nilika’s mind started to think up all the possible ways her grandmother could be involved in this situation. All her idea ended up blank or open ended. The closeness of him was starting to make her nervous.

The Akalak, on the other hand, was very much enjoying the closeness. He hasn’t seen N’Fisa in so long that he almost forgot how she looked like. After all these years, perhaps 15 years, he finally got a chance to see her again. A smirk rose to his smile as the Konti he fell in love with was blushing a deep red. Her scales becoming even more prominent from the color change, but it was still unusual to see her blushing just from his finger being on her lip. He’s done even more daring things with her, so it kind of made him worry about her.

“Um I’m not N’Fisa,” Nilika said plainly while giving the man a glare. The man rose to his full height and that’s all but made Nilika even more nervous. She knew she was a small girl, but being around this giant, made her seem like a dwarf. He rose to what seems 7 feet tall maybe taller. He smiled down at the girl and winked, if Nilika could go a shade redder she would have been a ripe tomato right now. “Stop playing around, I know it’s you.” The girl stared at him lowly. “It’s me, Garnar,” he said with a dopey grin. The Konti just looked at him with boredom and started to walk. If he didn’t want to believe her then oh well it’s not her fault. She didn’t get far when a dark blue arm wrapped around her shoulders and started to lead her somewhere. In that moment, Nilika cursed whatever God or Goddess that got her into this situation.
Last edited by Nilika on April 19th, 2014, 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nilika on March 24th, 2014, 5:37 pm

Nilika’s arms flailed in protest, trying to get out of Garnar’s hold, which was tight but surprisingly gentle. She turned her head back to see where the brute was taking her. She nicknamed him “Brute” due to his size and muscles. Her day was starting to get ridiculous; some dude thinks she’s an old hag; her grandmother doesn’t look old at all but still she was old by human standards, now he’s kidnapping her. I must be dreaming, but the knot on her head told her otherwise. Finally she was able to turn her body in the direction they were going and see where they were. There was a building with a sign saying Broken Casket.

The Akalak walked through the door with the Konti in tow. He led them to a table far in the back of the place and sat them down. The place had a homey feeling that calmed the Konti down a bit but not a lot. Sailors were talking and laughing. Some were flirting with the waitresses; others were spinning tells of the sea. If Nilika wasn’t nervous before, she was definitely nervous. Here she was in some kind of bar and with a stranger no less. “So N’Fisa, how have you been,” Garnar said in fluent Kontiness. Correction, she was with a deranged stranger who could speak Kontiness. “For the last time, I’m not N’Fisa. My name is Nilika,” the teenager emphasized by pointing to herself. It was getting annoying with being called the wrong person. Why didn’t I just leave when I had the chance? She knew she couldn’t lie to herself; she wanted to know who the man was and how did he know her grandmother.

A sigh left him as he looked at the Konti in front of him. Why did she keep denying who she was? Was she still disturbed by the notion of loving him? It wasn’t like anything was bad about it. If anything, it was for the better that they happened, but it seems that’s the opposite of what she thinks. “No more playing,” his fist banged on the table and his eyes went hard with fury. He was getting sick of her continuing denying it. A tear went down his cheek before he wiped his face furiously. If she wanted play stupid, fine, he can do it as well. He leaned back in his chair and ignored some of the eyes wandering on the couple. “Well then Nilika what would you like to get,” the Akalak said with a smirk.

Wide sapphire eyes looked at the man with worried eyes. He seems serious about this. She looked nothing like N’Fisa, how did he think the two looked alike. Nilika clenched at her shorts and looked down at the table, “maybe some juice,” she all but whispered out. Garnar nodded and waved a barmaid over. He gave her their order and never let his eyes wander off from the Konti in fear that she might bolt. The woman was all but shaking and he was starting to get positively worried. Perhaps she was sick. Nilika looked up a little from her eyelashes at him and thanked the woman as she wandered off to get what they asked for. “So um, how do you know N’Fisa,” Nilika asked raising herself to fully look at the person that had kidnapped her. Why didn’t she just yell for one of the Knights, she was so stupid no to do it. If she wasn’t nervous right now, she would have hit her head on the table.

A halfhearted laugh left his mouth. Was she really going to do this? Fine, he agreed to play this…little game. “Me and N’Fisa met about thirty years ago,” he said with a thoughtful face, “you―I mean N’Fisa was about in her late thirties and so was I.” The barmaid came back with Nilika’s apple juice and the teenager started to sip at it; she motioned for him to continue telling his story. “It was after the wedding that we actually met. N’Fisa had an arranged marriage with my older brother, but she did not like him as a man and wife. She loved him as a brother you could say. It was nothing dramatic like I stole the groom’s bride or she was in love with me instead of him,” he chuckled out and watched as a smile lifted to his listener’s face across the table. “To be perfectly honest we hated each other and no it’s not that we fell in love after seeing each other, if anything it was a long process,” he said with an air of beloved memories.
Last edited by Nilika on April 19th, 2014, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nilika on April 6th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Nilika watched him as he started to talk aimlessly. His face was in a loving smile as he looked upon her. The young Konti’s heart almost skipped a beat. It was sad how he wasn’t looking at her as Nilika but as his beloved N’Fisa. No matter what she said he always denied it and looked at her as Nilika’s grandmother. “My brother’s name was D’rint. It was a weird combination between his mother’s name Diana. He didn’t want to marry her like I said, but he wanted to make our father proud. The man was stubborn; he wouldn’t let D’rint and I marry any race other than a Konti. N’Fisa was so very coincidently the only girl that could stand up to my old man and he liked that. So one thing led to another and they were engaged. Believe me, I wasn’t happy about it all,” Garnar grimaced at the thought of N’Fisa being his sister in law.

So her grandmother was going to be married. That tidbit of information startled Nilika. She never imagined her grandma being married. It was a weird picture to envision. A shiver went down her back at the thought of it. The teenager always saw her elder as a freelance spirit that couldn’t be anchored by responsibility. She always wondered how her mom was raised; it was probably why her mother, Kia, was so annoyed by N’Fisa. She probably didn’t raise Nilika’s mother how she should. The Konti pushed the thought out of her mind and refocused on the man. “Why didn’t you like N’Fisa as a sister,” Nilika questioned.

Garnar stared at Nilika and a smirk morphed onto his handsome blue face. “She used to bully me, you could say,” he switched between Kontinese and Common, enjoying the confusion of a group of men who started at him cautiously. The Akalak only gave them a wide grin before turning his attention to the lady in front of her. She did look different from when he saw her. The Konti was smaller and more fragile looking. Her eyes looked as if she had a bad day, even her face seemed unreadable to the adult. N’Fisa had this twinkle in her eyes that always had this mischievousness behind it. This “Nilika” was something else; yes her eyes had that same spark but only dimmer. He was starting to have his doubts about the person ahead of him.

Nilika, however; was paying the man’s searching eyes no mind. She was still sipping at her juice and absorbing the new information. Her grandmother was a bully, huh. For some reason that didn’t surprise the teenager one bit, after all, it did take her mother sometime to stop N’Fisa berating Nilika’s stuttering. Nilika didn’t understand why her elder was so annoyed by it. It wasn’t like she was saying any bad words or hurting anybody. She continued to drink her beverage and scanned around the inn. It did feel a little homey and light hearted. Most of the men were just laughing and playing games with each other.

A pang of longing resounded through her chest. She felt suddenly home sick; the Konti wasn’t popular but had enough friends to feel liked. Now that she was thinking about it she really did miss everyone. No matter how she looked at she was basically by herself her in this big city. A sigh gave way from her lips. What about Edwyn? That thought made a tiny smile come to her smile. Though she didn’t have as many friends here in Syliras, but for some reason he was enough.

She finally had the feeling that someone was watching her. Blue eyes looked up at an intense pair of eyes. Her heart started to speed up a little at his gaze. His eyes never left hers, as if determined to not lose this staring contest. Nilika started to lower her eyes down at the table and rub her slender finger across the wood. She didn’t know why he was looking at her like that. Maybe he figured out that I’m actually Nilika, she hoped.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nilika on April 20th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Garnar sat there and watched the Konti with doubtful eyes. N’Fisa would never have surrendered to a staring contest. He was almost certain that the girl was his lover. “Are you really,” he didn’t have to finish. He already knew when he saw her smile while he was talking. The Konti really wasn’t N’Fisa. He started to get up and not bother Nilika any longer. She was a bit faster and grabbed his wrist. The teenager looked up at him with perplexed eyes. The Akalak looked down at the small creature. Her grip was considered weak to him. Garnar could simply knock her hand off and keep going, but he didn’t. She was crying right there.

Nilika blinked through the tears that were starting to form on her eyes. She refused to let go of him. Why was he leaving? So what if he finally figured out that she was the elder Konti, she wanted to learn more about her grandmother. She used her other hand to wipe away the tears; it was getting hard not to fully cry. The feeling was getting stronger as she refused to let go of his wrist.

The Akalak sat back down and Nilika took away her hand. A sigh left him as he looked her up and down. “Why are you keeping me here,” he asked rather blandly. Ideas tried to form in her head; trying to figure out a way to keep him here. “I well um I just thought,” she stuttered out with nervously. Her eyes started to move around the area trying to figure out what to say to the man. Why don’t you just tell him that you’re N’Fisa’s grandchild? She blinked and smiled that wasn’t a bad idea at all. “I’m N’Fisa granddaughter, Nilika,” she smiled at Garnar.

“Who’s your mother then,” he asked. Last time he had seen N’Fisa, she had a child named Kia. He never asked who the father was but it had been hinted from the Konti who it is. He leaned back and waited for the teenager to answer. There was no way― “My mom’s name is Kia,” Nilika said confidently. Correction, she was her granddaughter. Garnar just sat there staring at Nilika. Kia had a child already! Who’s the father? How old is she? So many questions were going through his head, but the only thing that he could do was just stare.

The Konti only studied his reaction to her statement. At first he looked confident but then changed to that of disbelief. It was amusing to see him shift to one emotion to another. A smirk painted itself across her face. “Shall we start over? My name is Nilika,” she smiled to the man. She hoped that it could clear up the misunderstanding. Garnar smiled in understanding and accepted the fact she wasn’t his N’Fisa. “Well then Nilika. How about me and you get out of here and have some fun,” Garnar snickered out. A sigh left Nilika’s mouth and smiled at him, maybe it was good that I didn’t run away.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Radiant on April 23rd, 2014, 3:41 am

Nilika :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +4 XP
Singing +1 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Matilda: Konti Caretaker Of The Traveler's Row
Song: The Waves At Night Howls
Akalak: Large Humanoid Race With Hued Skin-Color
Garnar: N'Fisa's Lover
Garnar: My Akalak Grandfather
N'Fisa And Garner's History

Loots

Notes :
Awww, such a sweet thread! Enjoy your grades, you adorable Konti, you! :D

I like the Original song, Nilika. :) Good job in composing your own lyrics.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)