Solo Two Faces of Evalin

Evalin and Tsenrika working on their magic together.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Two Faces of Evalin

Postby Evalin on March 28th, 2014, 9:32 pm

3rd of Spring, 514 AV

Evailn stood across from herself, dressed as she was. A Mirror image. A perfect replica... Evalin shook her head, smiling in amusement, "Never can I grow used to this. Your appearance is..."

Tsenrika shook his head, or rather HER head, "Speak not of it... Would I take on my other form, but too taxing is it on our link. Best for us to practice in this way for now."

Evalin could not help it, she laughed, setting her hands on her hips, "So testy! Worry not Tsenrika, this body looks good for my Familiar. So fitty, so fitting." Stretching Evalin was about to continue, but before her eyes the world was lit with light and heat as a ball of flame flew across the distance to her. Still chuckling Evalin drew on a small amount of res, letting it flow from her palm as she waved her arm in an arch. She called the res to pull on the flame, and like a like a slingshot she caught the fireball with the end of her cord of res and spun, flinging it harmlessly to the side where it sputtered and died in the dirt. Collecting the res in her palm as she came to a stop facing Tsenrika, extending one finger and wagging it in a mocking manner, "Mind your manners when facing your Master my dear Tsenrika. That is no way to behave." but even as she said this Evalin was already stepping forward, pulling her arm back and adding more res to that which was collected in her palm as she thrust her palm forward, sending a ball of heat wave clear res that extended as it flew. With a his and a flash of light the res ignited in a bolt of lightning which streaked at Tsenrika.

Evalin felt the surprise at the sudden burst of power, and his frantic drawing of her power, but it was too late and he was far too inexperienced. He threw himself to the side, sliding and rolling down the slight hill while the lighting crackled over his head and struck the ground behind him, leaving a small circle of blackened rock where it landed.

"With reimancy, remember you that it is foolish to strike a more formidable opponent head on. You will simply be overpowered." Evalin loved the feeling of being in power, holding influence over someone, even if this person was her Familiar.

"Know I this already..." Tsenrika said, slowly standing and dusting off his knees. They both dressed in simple clothes this day, the clothing evalin had taken from the Myrian whose skin she now wore.

"If that is so, then do show that you are well learned."
Evalin laughed, pulling more res from her center to pull in both palms. This res she caused to swirl in opposite directions, spinning faster and faster as she summed air around her to be attracted to it. The with a flick of her wrist she sent the spiraling whirlwinds of res to shoot forward, pulling air as they went before she snapped her fingers, the balls of res becoming wind themselves to strike Tsenrika on both the left and right shoulder, knocking him back onto his back once more and winding him so that he rolled to the side and clutched his chest.

"Come now, stand and fight your Master. have I no use for weak followers... Stand and show me your worth." Evalin looked down on her Familiar, crossing her arms over her chest. There was no mercy in her eyes.

The Familiar looked up at Evalin, his face blank as he looked away and slowly stood staggeringly to his feet, "Yes... My Master."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Two Faces of Evalin

Postby Evalin on March 30th, 2014, 12:00 am

Standing fully from the ground Tsenrika adjusted the clothing which had become disheveled. Evalin paced slowly from side to side, arms folded over her chest as she feigned patience while the Familiar prepared himself.
”I am prepared master…”

Evalin smiled in response, extending her hand out to either side as she collected res to swirl and course between her fingers, ”Very well. Let us continue the lesson.” She stepped forward, sliding her foot along the ground as she whipped one hand before her, two fingers pointed toward Tsenrika. Res collected before her ringers, building to the size of a fist which then shot toward the Familiar. With a hiss the outer layer ignited, burning fiercely as it flew across the gap toward its target.

Tsenrika clapped his hands together, power building between his fingers as he eyed the ball of fire. As the projectile neared the Familiar spread is palms apart and from its depth a fierce wind erupted, pushing the familiar back a step and putting out the flame that threatened him.

”Very good…” Evalin said, her tone mocking, ”But you forgot the follow up.”

As she spoke Evalin’s sell was already in preparation. Her arms were crossed over her chest, hands palm out facing toward Tsenrika. As she finished speaking she opened her arms with an expanded flourish, flicking her fingers as res trailed into an X before her as it sailed toward Tsenrika. Then, with a snap the res rippled with power, flames erupting in fiery columns that sailed across the distance, but Evalin was close behind, gathering more res from her reserves as she fought back the weariness that threatened her mind.
The Familiar took several steps back, frantically drawing on res and power, tiring both Evalin and himself in the process. He knew he could not stop the whole spell, it was too large, thus he decided… He gathered as much res as he could before him, forming a half dome which he commanded to spin in opposite directions as Evalin had before, pulling air around him into the spell. Just before the fire columns hit the Familiar grunted his own command, the res becoming wind which spun in two directions, displacing the fire as it impacted and sending It to either side, surrounding the usually icy being with heat and fire and making him more than a little uncomfortable.

But that was not the end, for between the flickering fires Evalin came, using her res to open a path between wind and fire which she charged through, diving and rolling past Tsenrika. She turned as she rolled, electricity already sparking between her fingers as she met the Familiar’s gaze. She smiled, and there was nothing the Familiar could do but to be struck by the spell and to then fall to his knees, and to his hands after that.

The spells around them broke, fire burning and wind calming and settling. Evalin stood then and looked down on the familiar as he kneeled before her and she laughed, ”How truly fitting it is my Dear Tsenrika. I do enjoy this, oh so very much… You are as you should be think you not?”

Tsenrika flinched and shuddered as the electricity still coursed through his replicated body, but he managed to look up with eyes that, despite the pain, showed no emotions, ”Yes… This is how my Master should be.”

That faint hint of approval that was so rare now, Evalin was surprised by its sudden appearance agin and this she looked away, ”Need I not your approval. I am as I am, Evalin, the Sorceress of Flame and Shadows.”

”Indeed…” Tsenrika said as he looked down, but there was a slight smile on his lips as he did.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Two Faces of Evalin

Postby Evalin on March 30th, 2014, 12:02 am

The two reflections, Evalin and Evalin, sat across from one another. Mirrors of the other, eyes forward, clothes the same, expressions blank. If one were to come upon them they would think they were twins, but this was of course not the case. They were master and familiar, Evalin and her Irylid Tsenrika. The nuit eyed herself, taking in the strange yet fascinating sight of getting a first person view of her own self. She shook her head and closed her eyes, ”Odd and somehow amusing it is to gaze upon yourself. Perhaps this is where the true strength of a Familiar lies, in gaining a greater insight into your own heart and soul and in doing so find your other hidden strength.”

”Think I that you muse too much.” Tsenrika said with his voice and her face. A coy smile and then he too closed his eyes, ”This seems the natural progression toward mastery"

”Perhaps… but that does bring to mind the question of what ‘mastery’ might entail.” She opened her eyes, raising her hands before her, ”Perhaps with master we will cease to be individuals. We may very well become one and the same…” She flexed her fingers and frowned, ”Oh how dreadful that would be, to no longer BE Evalin.”

”Or you will be twice Evalin than you were before.” Tsenrika countered. He sat in an almost meditative state, arms lightly folded in his… or her lap, ”Now when we fight we are as one. Your power is doubled with me, but it is also more quickly consumed. Advantages and drawbacks”

”Yes, both good and bad may come of this… yet still to our advantage it is I believe.” Evalin then laid back into the leaves and grass, hands folded behind her head as she looked up at the canopy high above, ”How long… How long shall we stay here Tsenrika…?”

”Until the chains that bind you are broken.” The familiar said simply, calm and cold and matter of fact.

Evalin put her chin on her chest, looking at Tsenrika, ”Oh? And what is it that binds me my dear Tsenrika?”

The Familiar did not answer all at once, but after a tick or two he opened his eyes, staring at Evalin with her own red points, ”The girl… She binds you here, and fear I that soon your mind she will poison as well just as her kind do to all of their prey.”

The Immortal Witch laughed, leaning her head back once more and closing her eyes, ”Oh foolish Tsenrika. Such worries are unwarranted. Fear not, for I shall not fall to the influence of that child.”

Tsenrika’s eyes did not leave Evalin, though now his expression did darken somewhat, his red eyes a bit more intense, ”Let us hope not… Master.”

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Two Faces of Evalin

Postby Catastrophe on March 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm

e
Evalin :
Skills

• Socialization - 2 XP
  • Reimancy - 3 XP
  • Familiary- 2 XP
  • Teaching - 1 XP
  • Rhetoric - 1 XP
  • Observation - 2 XP

Lores

• Reminding Tsenrika who the Master is
  • Reimancy: Creating a Pathway between two Elements
  • Tsenrika: A Mirror Image of his Master
  • Denying the Chains that Bind you

Notes :
This was a pretty intense thread, Evalin! I really liked reading about the connection she has with her familiar and the way the two train with each other.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message!

This was done over this thread!

e
Catastrophe
I'm Your Biggest Nightmare!

Words: 112948
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office