Solo Bend the spine and gray the hair

Taking a closer look at herself, Evalin considered a different way to go in her looks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Bend the spine and gray the hair

Postby Evalin on March 30th, 2014, 9:50 pm

5th of Spring, 514 AV

Evalin stood before the mirror once more, hands folded behind her back as she chewed her lip thoughtful. Tsenrika floated at her side, silent observe as he often was, but a bit to weary from their training together earlier that day. Now Evalin found herself bored of sparks and flame and gusts of wind, and wanted to let her mind ponder over a more intricate, and admittedly more personal, art known as Morphing.

"The more I think and ponder the more and more I see how truly great the task is..." she pinched one arm as she said this, grimacing, "I cannot decide... There are to many infinite possibilities in this world."

Tsenrika drifted over the nuit's head, bobbing up and down, "Yes indeed... however, need you only to narrow down the possibilities. What is it you seek from a form? Find your answer, and the ideas shall then flow..."

The nuit rolled her eyes and turned away from the mirror, setting her hands on her hip, "What I want...? Think I not of it fully before, but..." She tapped a finger against her thigh, looking to the side as she thought, "Perhaps something that is not so easily noticed, but not truly unoticable. Unassuming perhaps is the best turn of phrase. Something that may way here or there yet be completely at home where ever it appears."

"What is it you expect to find no matter the city you venture to...?" Tsenrika floated around before Evalin. The Immortal did not respond at once, her eyes thoughtful, but then an idea seemed to flicker through her mind, though the Familiar could only catch brief flashes before it was gone.

"What indeed." Evalin chuckled, turning back toward the mirror an leaning forward, "I have decided that it is best to not hold so firmly to one, singular form with which to represent Evalin in all that she is. Instead... I shall give her three different forms for whatever the situation may call for."

"Three forms? Then what are these?"

Evalin waved one finger over her head as her other hand carefully massaged the skin of her cheeks, "The first shall be the form we spoke of before, one to represent me at my greatest moment. A haunting form that drips with power and refinement." She raised two more fingers, still not looking back, "But then I shall have two other forms which shall be used to aid my passage between societies. Two things which are found in every city."

She smiled back at Tsenrika, "I shall guise myself as a child, and as an old woman as well. Both to be used depending on what the situation calls for. A perfect disguise for none would expect either to hold the power which I shall hold."

"Indeed... Such tales shall be woven about my Master's three faces. Wonder I if ever the three shall be connected to the same entity."

"If all goes well, my dear Tsenrika, there will be none alive to tell any stories of my passing at all."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on March 31st, 2014, 3:40 am

She began with the simplest aspect first. Reaching up Evalin pulled at her hair, once more grimacing at the color as she sighed, "Never again shall I take on such a foolish shade..." but as quickly as the thought came it was gone as Evalin fell back to her meditative state.

In the darkness of her mind Evalin reached out with the silver fingers of mental will and energy, caressing the strands which played with the hair upon her head, tingles rising wherever she touched along the scalp. She began at the crown, physical fingers following mental ones as she carefully brushed her nails through the locks, and as she did she would tug at the very end before returning to repeat the motion again and again. With each tug the hair would lengthen, and with each stroke down the color auburn would fade, grow darker and become random splotches of grey and white. The slight wave of the strands became instead a twisted curl, untamed and unruly. She continued on until the hair reached past her shoulders, yet the curl brought the locks bouncing back to flip and curl in uneven bundles around her neck and shoulders.

Satisfied Evalin turned to look at the mirror, tilting her head this way and that with a content smile, "How simple it is to play with this hair. It bends to my will like the elements might when the power and inspiration surges through me."

It does suit my Master. Wild and unkept indeed. the Familiar floated into view of the Mirror, his voice slightly mocking yet there were notes of amusement.

Evalin shrugged and continued to admire her work, "It does its intended task well. Very well indeed. Now for the next part..."" She brought her hands up to rub her cheeks, furrowing her brows in concentration, "But how does one become 'old'...?"

Amusing it is that she who wears rotting flesh asks how aging occurs.

"Be silent if you care not to offer any helpful words. Nothing can I do for what happens naturally. My body simply becomes more grotesque with age..." Evalin blinked, and chuckled, "Indeed, with age things become far more ugly do they not my dear Tsenrika?"

Better for me to keep my words to myself.

Evalin pinched at her nose, squinting one eye as she moved her mental hands to the djed of her face, pressing upon that which formed her nose and expanding it, pushing it out so that the nose bulged and hooked downward at an odd angle. Her fingers moved along her cheeks, pulling and stretching, and where she worked the skin became looser, falling to wrinkles in uneven patterns as Evalin then paled the skin further. Where her skin was still smooth, or no rot existed, Evalin cracked the surface, roughed the smooth edges, added stray hairs here, a wart there until what lay where her face was before was the mask of an old crone, ugly and lopsided so that it looked more fake than real. Still though, it would do the trick in a pinch.

"There now, for the final act..." and the nuit braced herself for what was to come, for her silvery hands moved to her spine, and with a painful pinch it bent forward, warping and bending down until her knees had to bend to compensate the angle. Reaching out Evalin grasped the mirror for support as she continued on to her shoulders, making them stoop as though weighed down by centuries of experience. Grunting, she stepped back, but unable to balance she quickly stumbled back to the bed with a groan, "This... is pathetic torture if ever it would exist in this world."

Have stumbling, half crawling Evalin made her way to the wall where her staff leaned, and her now gnarled fingers wrapped around the wood which she used to slowly pull herself up. Grimacing she turned back to the mirror, old bones and wrinkled skin stared back at her, though the red eyes remained just the same as before.

"Wonder I Tsenrika... Is this what I truly look like? Weighed down by centuries of travel and unlife, perhaps I am truly represented by this form." She reached up and tugged at the wrinkles of her neck, not remembering when she had added those, "Truly I am ugly."

Not ugly, yet now the illusions have been cast aside and you may see yourself for what you really are.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on March 31st, 2014, 3:53 am

The staff had become a lifeline for Evalin's new form. It was her crutch, a third leg and without it she would have surely fallen. As she looked at her aged self in the mirror Evalin found mixed feelings flooding through her mind. Pity for her state, pride at her accomplishments, and perhaps a bit of fear that she may truly be stuck in this form forever.

"This body is certainly not the most agile. Would I not wish to wear it into combat, or should I have the need to sprint and run from any danger." She frowned, the look almost comical on this new face, "Oh but this vioce... the voice is too young. Change it I must." Clearing her throat, again and again Evalin pressed those mental hands upon the djed of her vocal cords, shortening them, deepening the tone and fraying the ends slightly so that when she spoke, her voice had a lower rasp, like it could go out at any moment, "There now, the voice of a feeble elderly woman." She performed a hacking cough, her body shuddering as she doubled over. Evalin chuckled at her act, "Unassuming indeed it is. Eyes shall pass over me either because I am unimportant, or because no one wishes to acknowledge my existence." She laughed, a cackling, sickly laugh which ended in more coughing.

My Master plays the part too well... It seems she finds herself at home in this form.

Evalin waved one gnarled hand, before wiping a bit of drool which had begun to fall from one corner of her mouth. Frowning in annoyance Evalin wiped her hand on her robes before looking at Tsenrika, "Mock me not. Serve us well this body will. Surely it shall prove most useful..." She chuckled, "A fitting face of the Immortal Witch it is."

She shuffled at a slow pace to the bed, carefully lowering herself to the plush cushions and hacking once more, wiping her mouth, "Indeed, I find it quite enjoyable. We must take this body out sometime soon to see its worth."

Tsenrika floated around Evalin's head, bobbing up and down as he did, Yes... but let us procure an attendant. In case you fall and are unable to get up. Evalin could almost hear the mocking laughter that never actually came, but the tone was there in the Familiar's voice. One of his rare jokes.

The nuit grunted, pointing one twisted finger at the floating orb, "Be mindful of your words, or you shall become by attendant and carry me from place to place instead. Then we will see who is mocking who."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Catastrophe on April 3rd, 2014, 11:06 pm

e
Evalin :
Skills

• Socialization - 1 XP
  • Familiary - 1 XP
  • Morphing - 3 XP
  • Rhetoric - 1 XP
  • Observation - 2 XP

Lores

• Morphing: Three forms are better than one
  • Morphing: Hunchbacks pose difficult balance
  • Realising Evalin's True Form
  • Morphing: Lowering ones voice through the transformation of vocal chords
  • Morphing Model: Old Hag

Notes :
Evalin, I must say I enjoyed reading this thread. I was impressed by the way you explained transforming both her spine and her vocal chords. I look forward to reading more of your threads in the near future, but for now, I hope you enjoyed your grade!

If you have any questions or concerns, send me a private message so we may sort them all out!

e

Catastrophe
I'm Your Biggest Nightmare!

Words: 112948
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office