Placeholder Always My Thoughts And The Moon

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Always My Thoughts And The Moon

Postby Sunette on April 3rd, 2014, 12:18 am

Date: 31st of Spring, 514 AV
Location: Small cliff overlooking the bay near Baywatch residencies

Sunette had taken the time to climb up the cliff side around the city tonight. She had spent a lot of time close to the water of the bay, taking in each tiny detail in the push of the waves and the movement of the fish, but tonight as the moon hung high in the sky, she wanted the big picture.

The glowing silver ball in the sky lit up the darkness of the night, moonbeams bouncing off of her silver locks. Her lips were bright red and she had kohl on her eyes as she always did, though they were faded ever so slightly from the days activities. The kohl eyeliner on one eye was smeared slightly, Sunette having forgotten it was present and rubbing her eye at some point. Along with her normal silk shirt, she still wore the pants she tore into thigh high shorts while she was with her favorite little sailor, Tydus. She liked the way they helped her climb, and it was a nice breeze against the heat he was not quite familiar with out in the open air. Kalinor was fairly regular in its temperature all of the time, unlike Riverfall. And, you know, she hadn't gone shopping for a wardrobe yet.

Her eyes watched the moon, a soft smile on her face. Though she was there to look at the city, she couldn't keep her gaze from the sky. It was another thing Kalinor just didn't have. Cave life wasn't as beautiful as the real world. Her clawed hand raised slowly to her heirloom pendant, a single finger stroking it lightly. She often wondered if her late mother had seen the sky, the sun, the moon, the sea. Her mother had been gone for so long, but never did a day pass without her memory lingering with Sunette. She spent quality time with her mother by taking alone time to talk to her in Symenos... Like she was right now. Her voice was soft, gentle.

Isn't it beautiful, mom? I'm glad you taught me to experience everything in life. I never would have left if you hadn't...

She stopped, sighing heavily. Each statement was separated, the Symenestra attempting to make conversation with an absent presence.

Why don't more people leave? I know I say it all the time, but I wish you were around. I've made friends. And I haven't hurt anyone since I've been here... It's not easy, but I'm trying. I'm trying so hard. I shouldn't have fallen into that.

Her fingers wrapped tightly around her pendant, squeezing it gingerly. Her heart felt heavy and light all at the same time, bittersweet thoughts that she constantly allowed to grab her focus swimming around in her head.

It seemed like she was always with her thoughts and the moon. But, why was she always up at night? Was it the comfort of the darkness? Was it the familiarity of home that made her feel less alone? But this was her home now...

Wasn't it?
Last edited by Sunette on June 1st, 2014, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
Touch The Waves (Midday) 29th of Spring, 514 AV In progress
A New Beginning Amongst The Blue Men (Midnight) 28th-29th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Always My Thoughts And The Moon (Midnight) 31st of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Shop Till You Drop (Midday) 32st of Spring, 514 AV In progress
The Fairer Sex (Night) 35th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Friendship and Cravings 42nd of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Sunette
The kiss of death is soft and sweet

Words: 43708
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2014, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Ysgraam Halverran on April 3rd, 2014, 3:40 am

Timestamp: 31 Spring, 514 AV

Ysgraam, being so intrigued by the city, yet so bothered by the fact that he had only seen the metaphorical tip of it, set out toward the main attractions of Riverfall: the beautiful waterfalls and the astounding view of the sea that the location gave. As he slowly walked in the moonlight, he studied the buildings, admiring the great beauty in the architectural structure of each one. The intricacies of each design intrigued him, and it made him want to inquire and delve into the minds of those who had constructed such things. The world and his mind both seemed to be at a tranquil state tonight, and he smiled with that being revealed.

Despite the godawful pain in his lower back, he continued to walk onward, determined to reach his destination. Soon, his mind wandered to things other than the city; things like the meaning of his existence and the existence of others, as well as why it was important to have a healthy social life. Curse my introverted tendencies. Years I've spent studying those around me, but only a few times have I ever interacted with them. I am a walking paradox...It seems that life is my oyster, and I have a severe allergy to shellfish... he thought to himself. Passing the Gem Shop, he thought about stopping by, simply to say hello to the owner, but decided against it. You just don't do that, you quivering idiot! he chastised himself in his mind. Taking a left toward Rookery Park, he admired the lush vegetation that was ever-present in this city. The colors and hues were absolutely beautiful, and the smells were simply intoxicating.

He was walking towards the Baywatch area when he saw something that mildly startled him. On a small cliff, a silhouette sat rather lonesome, the moonlight illuminating the only discernible feature on the figure: it's beautiful silver hair. He waited a moment, but, for once, his curiosity got the best of him, and he called out to it,
"Hello there? Are...Are you alright?"
Last edited by Ysgraam Halverran on April 5th, 2014, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Like other souls, we shall seek out the flesh
That we have left, but none of us shall wear it;
It is not right for any man to have
What he himself has cast aside"

-"Divine Comedy" by Dante Alighieri, Canto XIII, lines 103 to 106-
Ysgraam Halverran
Heretic

Words: 12480
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2014, 5:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sunette on April 4th, 2014, 1:29 am

"Hello there? Are...Are you alright?"

A voice --a male voice-- from the distance called out to her, snapping her out of her melancholy reminiscence. Her eyes snapped to the direction of the sound, scanning the streets below for the source. There he was, not so far below her. Maybe a two and a half story drop. She couldn't exactly make out what he looked like, but he had called out to her so she felt required to return some effort.

I'm fine, but do you make a habit of talking to strangers this late at night?

She smirked at her comment, chuckling softly to herself. Too many people in this town were out at night when possible monsters were lurking. She, herself, was one of them. The monsters, that is. At least… She used to be. In the past, she'd had her fair share of fairly dastardly sins, but she was currently in a sort of… mental rehabilitation. She'd realized recently that her murderous, cannibalistic tendencies were very possibly a sin to her god in a way she had ignored until now. It wasn't something she could ignore anymore.

But, none the less, there was a man below that was attempting something of a conversation and who was she to deny that? She turned around, dropping a hand off the side of the cliff. That hand stuck to the wall, thanks to her Symenestra microscopic skin barbs. It was a good thing she had decided against wearing shoes-- that would have made this more difficult than it needed to be. She briskly began climbing down the bluff, face first. It was almost an eerie sight to see a humanoid climb down a wall like a spider. Luckily it wasn't a sight that lasted long; she cleared the distance quickly. Once her palm met the floor, she gently pushed the rest of her body from the wall, landing in a back bend. She pushed against the ground quickly, not enjoying that position much at all, and stood upright at the base of the bluff.
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
A New Beginning Amongst The Blue Men (Midnight) 28th-29th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Sunette

Character sheet

Postby Ysgraam Halverran on April 4th, 2014, 5:03 am

Well now, that's..surely strange thought Ysgraam as he watched the human-like figure scale down the cliff. He hesitated a moment before replying, almost scared to do so.

"I...um..I..um..." he stammered. Gahh, stop it, you idiot, get it out! Say it

"I..honestly don't talk to anyone. I am...but a humble traveler and I felt it was right of me to ask if you were okay. You...Seemed rather lonesome. No one should be lonely... Myself, I've been alone for decades, and I hate the feeling." he spoke in his somewhat elderly tone. It felt so awkward for him to open up and converse with another, yet, he smiled as he did. It was a pleasant and welcome change from the norm. He watched the figure climb all the way down, and hoped that it would come his way, yet fearful at the same time. As it reached the ground, he spoke again,

"P...please..I..um... I mean you no harm at all!"

And at that, he waited patiently for a response.
Last edited by Ysgraam Halverran on April 5th, 2014, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ysgraam Halverran
Heretic

Character sheet

Postby Sunette on April 4th, 2014, 5:01 pm

"I… um… I… um… I… honestly don't talk to anyone. I am… but a humble traveler and I felt it was right of me to ask if you were okay. You… Seemed rather lonesome. No one should be lonely… Myself, I've been alone for decades, and I hate the feeling."

Sunette smirked at his nervousness, a huff of air leaving her nostrils as a sort of chuckle. She stood somewhat in the shadow of the cliff behind her, what little shadow could be made from the moon. Her pale skin and silver hair still seemed to glow from the moon, giving her a while silhouette with features that could not yet be seen.

She could see him, though. An older man, given away by the age lines scattered among his face. A traveler with no company, no family to miss him if she were to strike. Appeared to be frail, very possibly as delicate as he seemed. Definitely too kind for his own good. How did he make it this long in life with an attitude so gentle? That kept her on her toes, a sudden jolt of fear stinging in her chest. Was he actually kind, or did he know a Symenestra when he saw one?

"P… please… I… um… I mean you no harm at all!"

And, with that, she knew he wasn't out to get her. She couldn't contain her laughter, doubling over as the sound bounced off of the mountain. It took her a moment to regain herself, but she stepped forward to him, revealing herself to him. She was, as always, beautiful. Her ruby lips had rested back to a smirk. Her stride was calm, nothing about her demeanor was purposefully threatening… Other than the parts of her she couldn't help-- The claws and the fangs that showed in her smile. Her amethyst eyes watched him carefully, still cautious about the possible facade of weakness.

Old man, I don't consider you a threat. But you should also be more careful who you talk to in the dead of night… Monsters lurk around every corner.

You would suppose a man like this would understand that, having learned it through his travels. Sunette reached him, and slowly held out a single taloned hand.

Tonight, you are lucky. I'm not someone that will hurt you.

Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
Sunette

Character sheet

Postby Ysgraam Halverran on April 4th, 2014, 7:10 pm

Laugh at me, will you? he thought. My kindness is something I thought would get me friends, not make me a laughing stock.

"While I am glad you do not aim to harm me, the same as I aim to not harm you, I need remind you that monsters can get the both of us. I've seen my fair share. Everyone is a monster in their own way. It festers in them, bubbling and growing, until it takes control entirely of one, rendering his or her old self dead to the world that it once embraced! I am aware of monsters, and I fear none," he said proudly, and with a stern tone, "From the looks of you, Symenestra, you're more monster than most; but, there's another side to you. I can hear it in your voice, and I can see it on your face. Simply the fact that you chose not to kill me right here says it all. You are on the road to redemption. Redemption from what? I have no clue. But I've studied far more individuals than I should have, and I can understand your pain. Fret you not, things will get better. I am Ysgraam Halverran."
Goodness me, did I /really/ just say all that?! Am I mad? I am going to die.

At that, he extended his elderly hand, and took hers in his. He' got down on one knee, in a chivalric manner, out of respect, and asked her,
"Quite the beauty, you are, really. And how are you on this fine night?"

Ysgraam Halverran
Heretic

Character sheet

Postby Sunette on April 7th, 2014, 2:14 am

"While I am glad you do not aim to harm me, the same as I aim to not harm you, I need remind you that monsters can get the both of us. I've seen my fair share. Everyone is a monster in their own way. It festers in them, bubbling and growing, until it takes control entirely of one, rendering his or her old self dead to the world that it once embraced! I am aware of monsters, and I fear none. From the looks of you, Symenestra, you're more monster than most; but, there's another side to you. I can hear it in your voice, and I can see it on your face. Simply the fact that you chose not to kill me right here says it all. You are on the road to redemption. Redemption from what? I have no clue. But I've studied far more individuals than I should have, and I can understand your pain. Fret you not, things will get better. I am Ysgraam Halverran."

His words shot through her immediately. It was one thing to consider yourself some sort of monster, if was a whole other sensation to be called a monster. Even worse to be typecasted for your race-- false assumptions about her race based on their appearance, even. What did he know of the Symenestra? Her face gave away her obviously hurt feelings, a mix of frustration and despair. This Ysgraam Halverran then took a knee, taking her hand and kissing her opisthenar - hopefully in an attempt to make up for the insult he just spit her way.

"Quite the beauty, you are, really. And how are you on this fine night?"

I was quite enjoying this fine night before I was insulted by someone who knows nothing of my people. And do you mean to tell me I am beautiful in a general sense, or beautiful for a monster?

She pulled her hand back gently, eyes resting on him in an almost resentful glare. His assumption of her struggle for redemption was almost unnerving in accuracy, because she very well wanted to kill him and didn't for the simple fact that she refused to insult Viratas any more than she already had. She wanted to be back in the good graces of her god.

I won't hold your ignorance against you, but please don't assume that we are killers simply because we can. Perhaps I don't seek redemption, but I am simply kind. Did you ever consider that? What experience do you have with Symenestra, may I ask?

She stepped closer, eyes never leaving him. She began speaking swiftly in Symenos, the words a step before hostile.

Have you enough experience with us to know my tongue, old man?
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
Sunette

Character sheet

Postby Ysgraam Halverran on April 7th, 2014, 4:02 am

His heart stopped. He didn't mean to offend her in any way. Damn you, damn you, damn you!!! You blabbering idiot! Curse your mouth and your mind! he thought, chastising himself. He stood with a little difficulty, and upon looking into the Symenestra's face, he could see a great deal of hurt and resent. He was speechless. His first social encounter in decades, and he felt as if he'd failed. A tear began to form, and it fell as she came closer and spoke in her native tongue. More came from his aging eyes, yet not a sound did he make. He spoke to her through his tears,
"Miss...I did not...mean..to offend..Curse my father for speaking ill of your kind..He instilled a belief in me only now I can disprove. Truly, now, you are beautiful in a common sense, as you are far greater than I... I am grateful that you are as kind as you are.." He fell to his knees, his head in his hands.

A great sorrow overcame his heart. To offend another violated a code in which he tried to abide by; however, what else was he expecting? His father was a bit of a racist, and for him to have believed any other race to be a monster was absolutely wrong. A pain in his chest began to overcome him, one of regret and anger at himself. He despised his awkwardness, and wanted so badly to do away with it. He promptly cocked his right arm back and struck himself as hard as he could in the jaw. The pain surged over him, yet he made no noise indicating so. In a way, he deserved it.

"Kind stranger, I beg of your forgiveness.. That is all I can say.."

He hoped so greatly to have made a friend; to know that he wasn't alone. Yet, his first attempt had been a complete failure. He regained his composure slightly, and the tears stopped falling. Remaining on his knees, looking down, he silently reminded himself For any mistake, there is improvement. Live, learn, and move on.

"I do not expect you to forgive me- nor do I deserve your forgiveness- but, I ask you of it. I am..Rather...Erm..Strange...When it comes to societal interaction. I've honestly been scared to talk to anyone my whole life. I dedicated myself to studies instead of the world around me and all those in it. In that, I do take the blame..And I solemnly apologize."

He remained on his knees, waiting for the woman in front of him to tell him to stand, as a show of respect.

Ysgraam Halverran
Heretic

Character sheet

Postby Sunette on April 20th, 2014, 2:53 am

"Miss… I did not… mean… to offend… Curse my father for speaking ill of your kind..He instilled a belief in me only now I can disprove. Truly, now, you are beautiful in a common sense, as you are far greater than I… I am grateful that you are as kind as you are… "

The man fell to his knees, his stance and his words putting her on a pedestal. A smirk crept onto her face, enjoying it to some degree. He said she was kind, but had she done anything kind yet? Not at all. She simply hadn't killed him, which she saw as a very basic thing in general. Why waste a body you could use later? Before she could say anything in response, he struck himself--with some force, she noticed-- in the face. Her heart sank and the shock became apparent on her face. Why would someone do that?!

"Kind stranger, I beg of your forgiveness… That is all I can say… I do not expect you to forgive me- nor do I deserve your forgiveness- but, I ask you of it. I am… Rather… Erm… Strange…When it comes to societal interaction. I've honestly been scared to talk to anyone my whole life. I dedicated myself to studies instead of the world around me and all those in it. In that, I do take the blame… And I solemnly apologize."

Sunette dropped to her knees as well, grabbing the wrist of the hand he used to strike his jaw, and looked him in the eye. He had been right about her in that she was more of a monster, and why would he strike himself for being correct? She played Devil's Advocate and

I forgive you, old man, but there's no need for that. I'm no greater than you in any sense, and you shouldn't assume so. Not all assumptions are wrong, but take every baseless statement with a grain of salt until you can prove it correct from someone that knows what they are saying.

She used her free clawed hand to lift his head, meeting his gaze with hers.

I am a killer, but my kind is not full of them. But I'm not going to hurt you tonight. More than likely no night following this one, as well.
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
Sunette

Character sheet

Postby Ysgraam Halverran on April 21st, 2014, 2:55 am

"All are greater than I, miss. I have dedicated myself, my introverted self, to the studies of the mind and life, rather than exploring all the world has to offer me; I have spent my life wasting every second that has come my way. I thank you for your forgiveness, however. I need not prove you are better than I, as I already know it." he said as he held onto the stranger's words. They seemed to swirl around him as a whole, just as a tornado would the ground. His jaw was throbbing, he was on his knees, and he had proven himself an arse.
He'd never felt so low before. As the Symenestra tried to look him in his eyes, he darted them away at every chance he had. He had not yet earned the privilege of looking another in the eyes.

She, however, lifted his head with her free hand, and with that, he locked eyes with her as she told him ,"I am a killer, but my kind is not full of them. But I'm not going to hurt you tonight. More than likely no night following this one, as well."

A feeling of relief overcame him suddenly, and for a moment, he felt peace. He was to live another day. His mood immediately changed completely. With a wide smile, he simply nodded happily, and sort of oddly. He knew he was quite sensitive to every emotion, and it surely was showing. He'd went from borderline suicidal to filled with an explosive amount of joy in no time at all. How odd he was inside.

"Miss, I just want to thank you," he said with glee, taking her clawed hands and clasping them in his, "You have made me have a bit of a breakthrough!"
He jumped and stood with the energy of someone far, far younger than he, still holding onto the Symenestra's hands. "The greatest of joy comes from every waking moment one takes; for one does not live by simply living and breathing! No! Living is when a moment takes your breath away! You have shown me my misdeed, and I have learned from it! I thank you greatly for sparing me, and for showing me what you have!" he said with a glee he had not felt before. You div, you rambled on again he thought to himself after his wave of excitement had passed. He stood there, awkwardly standing silent, holding the still kneeling woman's clawed hands in his. He had no clue what to do, and waited for her to make the next move, as he was completely blank.

Curse my awkwardness.. he thought as a look of confusion crossed his face.

Ysgraam Halverran
Heretic

Character sheet