Closed [Sapphire Star] The Fairer Sex (Sunette)

A night out at the local ladies' club goes awry.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Sapphire Star] The Fairer Sex (Sunette)

Postby Adi Skyglow on April 3rd, 2014, 6:53 pm

35 Spring 514 AV
19th Bell

Excitement was the last thing Adi needed right now.

This was a day to relax, a day to kick back and enjoy a few drinks in the company of members of the fairer sex. The Sapphire Star was the only female-exclusive lounge (and bar, depending on how hungry or thirsty you were) in Riverfall, and had in the past hour become a safe haven for the young Vantha. Her whole season so far had been full of men and their various harsh influences, mostly involving a certain Tempest who she very much did not want to think about. Tydus had enough of a presence outside of the Sapphire Star, and the last thing he needed was to have a presence inside it today or any other day. It was a women's club, after all! It was supposed to be a safe place for-enough. This isn't helping anything, Adi. Forget about him for now!

Forgetting about him would soon prove to be hard, for right as that thought struck her there was a loud noise from inside the coatroom. The noise was a man's voice yelling...obviously a drunk man, from his tone. Adi didn't recognize him, but she flinched at the thought of the man entering the bar. She stood up and hurried outside onto the balcony, desperate to escape from the inside of the club for at least a few moments.

And that was where she stood for a time, her back to the door leading inside the Sapphire Star, but her face towards the night sky of Riverfall, which was beautiful. It always was, she thought with a smile.

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Words: 111753
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sunette on April 4th, 2014, 5:40 pm

The Symenestra woman had decided that she was finished roaming the streets aimlessly now that she had been here for nearly ten days. It was finally feeling safe for her to really enjoy the city, to begin taking in Riverfalls finer aspects. And a woman's club seemed rather appealing, considering all of the men she had encountered recently.

Not too soon before sundown, Sunette had arrived at the front door of The Sapphire Star. Entering required her to pass a very masculine blue female (that honestly scared her, but she would never admit that.) The inside was large, plenty of room for the ridiculously low percentage of women in this city. Sunette wasn't here to spend time with any of the women littering the couches, though. She was here to relax. So, she decided to order some fine cheese (7sm) and a glass of wine (1gm) and take to the balcony.

Thankfully, the balcony was empty of her fellow females. Sunette let out a gentle sigh, dropping herself onto a chair close to the railing. She set down her cheese and swirled the glass of wine carefully before lifting the rim to her crimson lips for a sip. Her night continued for a short while with her simply gazing up at the sky, playing with her pendant with one hand and the other occasionally lifting small pieces of cheese or a sip of wine to her mouth. One couldn't ask for more relaxation. At some point, Sunette propped her feet up on the table, leaning the chair back a bit. She watched as the sun slowly fell below the horizon, the moon taking its place in the sky along side the countless number of stars scattered across the heavens. Gorgeous, as always.

Suddenly, from inside the building, she could hear the muffled yelling of someone. A man, it sounded like. She shook her head, wondering why anyone would try and wrestle or argue their way past that gigantic blue woman. And then, someone made their way outside. Sunette didn't look immediately, not until the door was closed and the girl pressed back against it. She seemed… Distressed? Sunette debated internally on whether or not to say something, but decided it would probably be the least awkward course of action at this point. The silence would get them eventually. She took one more sip of the wine, almost the last one, before speaking in a soft tone to the brunette woman.

Beautiful out, huh?
Last edited by Sunette on April 19th, 2014, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
Touch The Waves (Midday) 29th of Spring, 514 AV In progress
A New Beginning Amongst The Blue Men (Midnight) 28th-29th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Always My Thoughts And The Moon (Midnight) 31st of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Shop Till You Drop (Midday) 32st of Spring, 514 AV In progress
The Fairer Sex (Night) 35th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Friendship and Cravings 42nd of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Sunette
The kiss of death is soft and sweet

Words: 43708
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2014, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Adi Skyglow on April 12th, 2014, 6:37 pm

The young Vantha woman flinched at the sound of another voice on the patio near her. Though she hadn't checked to see if anyone was outside before she exited the main area of the club, she had no right to be surprised. This was a...well, a semi-public facility. At least it wasn't the harsh voice of a man she heard from the stranger on the balcony, but the soft chimes of a woman. Adi relaxed slightly, somewhat relieved.

"Yeah, it's...yeah. Nice weather," forced out Adi with a chuckle. She hadn't quite known what to expect from the ladies' club. Back in Avanthal, there hadn't been one for her to frequent...or if one had existed, she hadn't known about it-which wasn't too unreasonable. She was a part of only one hold.

Adi shook her head to clear it, black hair-worn loose for a change-fluttering about her face as she did so. Her hands moved up to clear the stray strands out of her eyes. The young woman silently marveled at the feeling of being able to use both hands again, even with the most menial of tasks. Caelum worked wonders on her broken wrist. He seemed to know exactly what a given individual needed. He'd also seemed to have a pretty good grasp of Ty-dammit, Adi, this is your day off. Get him out of your mind!

Again, she shook her head and cleared loose bits of hair out of her face. She blinked once, softly, and then again, scrunching her eyes closed. When she opened them, she was still outside of the ladies' club and was absolutely not thinking of anyone in particular. Adi flashed the other woman an apologetic smile, silently hoping she wouldn't comment on her brief lapse in focus.

"Anyway. I'm Adi, and I'm relatively new here. What's your name?" asked the Vantha, extending her right hand out to the other woman for her to shake, if she so chose. Had the lighting been better, the other woman would be able to see her eyes-not fully purple, but marbled through with streaks of red and blue.

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sunette on April 19th, 2014, 5:07 pm

The woman immediately reacted with surprise, which didn't shock her at all. Perhaps speaking was the more awkward choice… But, the woman eased up and spoke with a partnered chuckle for the phrase, relieving a bit of the awkwardness that Sunette was beginning to feel.

"Yeah, it's...yeah. Nice weather,"

Nice weather? Nice weather? This weather was fantastic! Any weather was fantastic! How could these surface dwelling creatures take the sky and all of its expansive glory for granted like that? Nice didn't even begin to explain how wonderful it was to be able to enjoy the moon and the stars and the expansive sky! Sunette almost spoke her inner frustration about the lack of interest toward the privilege this woman apparently had for far longer than herself before the brunette newcomer shook her head, then pushed the wild locks from her face. Movement. Thoughts were happening. Were words going to happen? All Sunette could do was watch… And she ended up watching in silence.

Awkward silence.

The woman seemed very… absent-minded at the moment, or perhaps she just had trouble focusing in general. She did the strange head-shake hair-brush combo again and Sunette began to wonder if it was simply customary of this woman's people… Was it a gesture? Surely doing it twice in succession in the presence of a stranger meant it was something for communication, right? Right? Her eyes tightened this time, though. A look of uncomfort to Sunette. Was she not replying well enough? A sudden light panic rolled over her, wondering if she should do the head shake in return as well or if that would just appear ignorant. What if the correct reply wasn't the head shake? She'd look like a child simply mimicking what they see!

Snapping Sunette out of her own anxious trance was the hand of Adi, and the words that finally broke the silence.

"Anyway. I'm Adi, and I'm relatively new here. What's your name?"

Sunette immediately readjusted her seating, pulling her feet off of the table and placing all four legs back on the floor before she reached a slightly elongated arm to shake Adi's hand with her own pale, black-taloned hand.

Sunette. I'm fairly new myself, actually.
Thread List
Spring 514
Thread Date XP Earned
Touch The Waves (Midday) 29th of Spring, 514 AV In progress
A New Beginning Amongst The Blue Men (Midnight) 28th-29th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Always My Thoughts And The Moon (Midnight) 31st of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Shop Till You Drop (Midday) 32st of Spring, 514 AV In progress
The Fairer Sex (Night) 35th of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Friendship and Cravings 42nd of Spring, 514 AV In Progress
Sunette
The kiss of death is soft and sweet

Words: 43708
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2014, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Adi Skyglow on April 19th, 2014, 10:00 pm

The woman in front of her seemed fairly anxious before Adi reached a hand out to her, as if she was worrying about something as well. With a smile, Adi grasped her pale hand and shook it gently. There was a certain frailty about her that wasn't obvious in the dark, leading the Vantha to be cautious of hurting her. She released the hand and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "It's nice to meet you, Sunette! Glad to see a fellow newbie in Riverfall."

Adi took a moment to study the woman's face, not immediately recognizing what species she was. Pale hair and skin, fragile build, long limbs and seemingly natural black nails? Was she...albino?

Morwen's beard, Adi, she's a Symenstra!

The realization about the woman-Sunette was her name-didn't bother her. Instead, it intrigued her. She'd never met one of the spidery people before, which wasn't a big surprise considering where she'd lived all her life. Avanthal wasn't very appealing to anyone besides the people of the aurora who lived there in houses of icy rock. Adi took a moment to examine her, noticing that her arms and legs seemed slightly too long for her torso, like someone had strapped her to a table and pulled at her limbs until they were stretched out. Sunette possessed a kind of otherworldly beauty that Adi could appreciate, though she wasn't interested in girls. She supposed it was somewhat like knowing her mother was a beautiful woman-she was older than Adi and gave birth to her, and Adi would never be interested in a relationship with her, but her mother was elegant and carried herself like a noblewoman even though she was a common citizen.

Adi refrained from shaking her head again-a third time in five chimes wasn't clearing your head, it was saying no to everyone around you and was rather rude-choosing instead to offer an apologetic smile to Sunette. "Sorry, I've been a bit distracted today. Had a lot going on recently. Guy troubles and all that. And, uh...forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question, but are you a Symenstra?" asked Adi, genuinely curious. Though she was fairly confident in her guessing abilities, she wanted to make sure.

Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes