Solo Make a drop, not a spark

Evalin works to unlock the secrets of Water Reimancy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Make a drop, not a spark

Postby Evalin on April 4th, 2014, 8:55 pm

15th of Spring, 514 AV

Focus.

Oh how Evalin had grown to HATE that command. Over and over it came, again and again to grate upon the nuit's nerves and ravage her concentration as she struggled not to strike out and silence the voice that spoke it. For the time however Evalin chose to lower her tone, remaining calm, or somewhat so, as she replied, "As I ever and always do my dear Tsenrika..."

The nuit sat on the floor of the empty cavern, legs crossed, wearing just her robes as she helped her cupped hands before her chest. Tsenrika floated before her, at times drifting to one side or the other to get a better view. Within Evalin's hand there floated a clear distortion of the world, her res which sloshed and flowed in its liquid state as Evalin stared at it with clear intent. So focused was her mind that not even her frustration could pierce the veil of her mind as she struggled to change the very base nature of her power.

Gritting her teeth Evalin tried once more, her hands stiffening as she poured her will into the mass of liquid res, "Fluid as the stream, wet as the rain, every changing and every flowing. Swift as the currents, mighty as the ocean, upon my command I call this matter to alter its form, become that which I do envision." Her will poured forth, res springing and twisting within her as she imagined the mighty tides of the ocean, the clear cool streams and creeks, the River of her homeland. She pressed these ideas forard, let them sink into the res before her, and... "Hakin!" The res burst to flames, heat radiating out as Evalin released her grip and the res and fire dissipated completely.

"It cannot be done!" Evalin stood, fist clenched as she swiped at the air, frustration shown clear on her brow, "Never can this be. it is impossible surely!"

"Yet many others have done so with little effort. By reasoning my Master should be able as well."

"Then this reasoning is wrong."

With a sigh Evalin stomped to the bed chambers, flopping back onto the blush beddings and splaying her arms and legs out as she gazed up at the ceiling, "Since my capture in this wretched place I have tried, without success, to bring to bear the element of water from my will and res alone, and nothing yet has come of it... surely it is impossible for one such as I, of the elements of flame and shadows to gain mastery over a polar opposite."

"Nothing is truly impossible... but such things as this often require a change in the mind before a revelation may be revealed."

"How mean you?" Evalin extended her hand before her, reaching for the ceiling as she pulled res from her inner being, letting it flow in liquid form between her fingers to wrap around her forearm.

"Your mind is awash with passion, the fires of hatred and grudges that yet fuel the spells of the elements you know claim mastery of. Perhaps these thoughts used to spark your magic thus far is not quite fitting to calling the flow of this new element."

"And what would you suggest my dear familiar, that I should change how I think as if it were that easy?"

"Or to alter the present state of your spirit and mind to achieve the same end."

The nuit closed her eyes, a frown on her lips, "If it were so simply surely I would have done it thus far. Think I that it cannot be possible as I am now, if what you say truly IS the secret."

Yet still, despite her words Evalin tried to free her mind then, to release from it those thoughts and pondering of the world around her, and let the blank nothingness similar to when she used morphing wash over her. In the silence she tried to forget those thoughts that set alight the flames within her, and instead focused on more serene musings.

Calm the storm of the mind, and let flow the imagination and anything is yet possible.

The words were somehow soothing, and they brought to mind a time long long ago, before she was turned to the monster she was. Before she was sick, when she was happy and content. She remembered the River Ravok and the lapping waves as the splashed against the posts. The evening air and the light breeze brushed her skin at that time, the sun setting in the distance as clouds overhead grayed with a coming storm. Evalin remembered this day for it was the day that her mother disappeared. The rain seemed to come in response to that creeping sadness that welled within Evalin, and she could even feel the drops upon her cheek just as she had that day.

Evalin frowned, for she realized she COULD feel drops... They splashed against her cheek, falling down like tears to mingle and collect before falling to the bed sheets. It was cold, almost soothing in a way that Evalin had not know before. Opening her eyes Evalin looked in surprise as water spilled down her forearm, dripped from her fingers and fell down upon her as a strange calm and serenity overcame her raging heart. Reaching up Evalin felt her cheek, noticing the wetness there. like tears had begun to fall that were locked away for such a long time.

"In the depths of loss and pain, true peace may come, and with it a new understanding of your potential..."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Make a drop, not a spark

Postby Evalin on April 4th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Several Bells later...

"How delightful!" Evalin smiled as she swirled res between her fingers, casting it out with a swift swipe of her hand. As she did she hissed, and curled her fingers, the rest changing to water and spaying out in waves of droplets that splashed against the wall and fell in drips to the floor, "After so long, and such efforts, now to my command comes the element water. Oh how I have longed for this."

"Indeed." the Irylid floated over Evalin's shoulder, "We are but one step closer to ending this dance in this next of snakes. Soon we will be rid of them all and free once more to journey through the world."

Evalin paused even as she summoned another ball of liquid res to her palm, the outer exterior shimmering wetly as she looked back up at Tsenrika, "Think you that this may be the key then...?

"The first step, for what comes next shall be the key if you wish to match the strength of the girl and win your freedom."

The floating ball of water Evalin moved between her fingers, her eyes thoughtful as she gazed into its moving surface, "Yes that is true... Yet perhaps we need not force her hand with mere power. Perhaps there is another way."

"There is no other way." Tsenrika said sternly, the force of his words shocking the control from Evalin's mind and causing the water to splash on the ground, "While the girl yet lives you are chained to this place. She must be gotten rid of, or else you shall never leave."

The nuit frowned, squatting before the falling ball of water, pressing her palm against the wetness on the floor, "Maybe it is so... Maybe."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Make a drop, not a spark

Postby Catastrophe on April 17th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Evalin :
Skills

• Rhetoric: 2 XP
  • Reimancy: 2 XP
  • Familiary: 1 XP
  • Socialization: 2 XP

Lores

• The Act of Choice: Tsenrika or Aka?
  • Ravok: A Haunting but Calming Memory
  • Reimancy: Harnessing the Element of Water
  • Reimancy: Water Calls for a Different Mindset

Loot

• Congratulations! Evalin now has a relatively decent grasp on how to handle the element of water!

Notes :
What a great representation of Evalin adjusting her mindset to allow the change from the element of fire to understanding the element of water. That was really well described and I absolutely loved how you mentioned her past in Ravok! I wonder what else she will learn... what will she do with this water? So much to learn! So much creativity! Keep at it!

If you have any questions or concerns, just send a private message my way!

Catastrophe
I'm Your Biggest Nightmare!

Words: 112948
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office