Completed Testing the Waters

Tour Guide(s) Needed!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Testing the Waters

Postby Ixion on April 5th, 2014, 11:22 am

Testing the Waters

Date: Spring 32, 514

Putting down yet another box filled with cloths, dyes, and many other tailor essentials, Ixion takes a moment to rest on the box and heave a heavy sigh. The deck hands around him were moving like good little worker ants as they moved box after box, package after package around and off the trade ship. He slightly shook his head and rubbed the creases on his forehead as he realized he looked just like those ants. It wasn't exactly the first place he imagined himself to be, but he wasn't all that concerned with how he looked as he was with his current situation. It's his first day in the most magnificent city in all of Mizahar, Syliras. At least, it would be his first day if he could find a moment to escape this boring trade ship and go off to explore all the nooks, crannies, and purses the city had to offer. Instead, he was stuck at the docks right outside the imposing stone walls that contained a world that he's only seen through books. As his thoughts wandered, his eyes began shining and his hands started trembling with excitement as his imagination released a torrent in his mind of all the possible people, sights, and heists that were in his future. Unfortunately for him, these ideas were quickly halted as one of the deck hands yelled at him to quit slacking and start moving.

Continuing his trek of manual labor, it wasn't long before he was able to set the dull job to automatic, and he allowed his brain to entertain himself by daydreaming about the life changing dice game he had only a week prior. It was a stroke of pure luck that during one of his tours around Alvadas' Bizarre he stumbled upon a merchant new to the wonderful city. Long story cut short, Ixion used his skills in acting and persuasion as well as his knowledge of the astonishing city to quickly earn the merchant's trust. Time pasted as Ixion toured the city with his new "friend", but he still wasn't sure what he was trying to obtain from this simple, honest merchant. By the time night fell that fateful day, the two were enjoying some food and plenty of drink. Trying to settle the night with just money, Ixion recommended a simple game of dice. The rules were simple. The two dice would be rolled within a cup, and Ixion would have to guess what number would appear. Of course, as a thief, this required a slight con against the drunken merchant. Ixion would roll the dice within the cup while using his hand as the cover. Once the dice had stopped and rested on his palm, he would take a moment to not only "guess", but he would feel the grooves on the dice to know exactly what number showed above. Needless to say, this led to an outstanding win on Ixion's side. Curiously enough, he deicded not to take his due. Instead, he came up with a even better challenge, Syliras!

By the time his daydream had finished, Ixion had found himself no longer aboard the ship. Even with a box in hand his thoughts had somehow been interpreted by his body as he was not only off the boat, he was even several meters away from that awful hunk of wood. Looking back at the ship, he could see the same merchant he had tricked approach with a look on his face that contained every bit of surprise Ixion felt at the same moment. That same face quickly turned red as he ran, or at least what could pass for running from such an out of shape man. The image of the huffing and puffing merchant was all Ixion needed to regain his senses. Dropping the box and giving a goodbye wave, Ixion's back was turned to the merchant, and his legs moved faster than ever before. His goal was right in front of him, and all he needed now was to shake one man off his tail. It was easy enough work as he ran off the docks, weaved in between the deck hands and sailors from other ships, and darted towards the warehouses. It felt wonderful to be able to finally move along with his life. After a few minutes, Ixion finally took a triumphant stop and took a refreshing deep breath. A proud smile plastered itself over his face as he looked to his left to see towards the docks and ocean then looking over to the stone wall on his right. It took several moments, but he realized a very important fact.

"I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE I AM!"
Ixion
Thief of the Lime Light (Art Work Pending)

Words: 16240
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2014, 9:42 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Testing the Waters

Postby Athaera on April 6th, 2014, 4:20 am

Athaera somehow found her way near the docks as she was wandering through the city. She then heard a wail of, "I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE I AM!" The bellow echoed through her ears, ringing and making her head hurt. She was used to the quiet burbles of brooks, not obnoxious wails of distressed foreigners. But she couldn't call someone else a foreigner, she hadn't been to the city in four years.

Normally Athaera would ignore him and move on, but as she had nothing to do, she asked him, "Do you need help?"

This kind of question wouldn't be something the old Athaera would have done, but since she'd cracked after finding her old cottage burned, she'd felt herself changing. Or was it paranoia?

Of course he had needed help, but not knowing what else to say, she'd asked him such an obvious question.
Last edited by Athaera on April 6th, 2014, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|~|Avatar by Myra Karaugh|~|
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
I plan to retire this PC once I finish all the threads I am participating in.
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Words: 56506
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 2:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Testing the Waters

Postby Ixion on April 6th, 2014, 8:42 am

Possibility after possibility appeared in Ixion's mind as his outburst had pushed it into full overdrive. Would he dare show himself to the merchant he had just spent the last few minutes running from after he was "kind" enough to ship him across the sea? Would he take the risk of asking a thief's worse enemy, the guards of the city? Would he take a courageous step forward and simply explore the confines of the sprawling indoor maze known as Syliras? Would it be that a kind soul could appear before him in his time of need as--- "Do you need help?" questioned a girl's voice as it pushed through the veil of thought that layered itself over his mind. Immediately curious about the source of the question, Ixion turned to find himself face to face with a young girl and, more strikingly, a pair of piercing red eyes.

"Oh, are you directing that to me?" asked Ixion. A curious look appeared on his face, and his index finger pointed at himself as he took a quick glance around to know for certain that he wasn't asking in vain. Several workers and other passing folks had actually fixed their stares upon him. There was no doubt in Ixion's mind that they had also been quite shocked by his out of place yell. Course, it didn't even take a moment for them to return to their business when they noted the girl addressing the young man. It didn't matter to him that none of them had decided to help him as he was now fixated on the girl in front of him. Her gaze was many times stronger than the combined look from the passing crowd. Upon quick inspection, Ixion had noted the girl's strong features such as her similar height to his, the cold beauty that possessed her face, and the glimmering red eyes that seemed to see past his own. A singular idea filled the entirety of his mind as these eyes stared at him. This is going to be one interesting encounter.
Ixion

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Testing the Waters

Postby Athaera on April 6th, 2014, 1:58 pm

"Are you talking to me?" she mimicked in a high pitched voice.

"Of course I'm talking to you," snapped Athaera, "I don't see anyone else screaming like a maniac around here."

She noticed him staring at her, and she felt her eyes flash red. He was studying her, it was obvious he was thinking there would be something out of this encounter.

The sound of her hand meeting his face resonated, music to Athaera's ears. "Quit staring," she snarled. "You needed help, didn't you?"
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Testing the Waters

Postby Ixion on April 7th, 2014, 7:27 am

In an instant, the red eyes Ixion had been observing blurred and completely vanished as the world turned a beautiful light blue. His stare was now facing the ocean, and a dull throbbing now pulsed from his cheek. He had been slapped. Such a blow felt only like a tap physically, but it was an entirely different story mentally. The sudden development powered a whole new set of thoughts as the gears in his brain began churning once again. Yet like his previous daze, the girl's annoyed voice allowed him to focus enough to face her and answer her question. "Yes! I am in need of assistance!" he exclaimed in a hopeful tone. "I'm new around these parts, so I can't say I really know where I am."

As his gaze returned upon her, he noticed how her red eyes seemed to dance like flames in the night. It was more than obvious that she was rather irked by his presence, but she was kind enough to at least take a moment to ask him about his problems. There was no doubt plenty more to this girl, and it'd be a nice challenge to figure out what. Wanting to test these fast flowing waters, he pressed a hand against his cheek and asked. "Oh, and was the slap really necessary?"
Ixion

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Testing the Waters

Postby Athaera on April 7th, 2014, 2:00 pm

"Yes, yes it was," growled Athaera. She was glad he'd stopped staring, but her eyes still glowed a brilliant red. "Well, we might get lost. I grew up here, but I haven't been in the city in four years."

Though she was sure the man standing before her wouldn't mind, he'd returned to the rude habit of staring at her face. She pulled her hood farther over her face, tempted to jam her fist into his nose and hear the satisfying crack that it would produce. "So, where did you want to go?"

Background of Awesomeness Created by Vinn
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Testing the Waters

Postby Ixion on April 7th, 2014, 2:24 pm

An unsure smile formed on Ixion's face. Here in front of him was the help he had been hoping for, but even then it wasn't the most reassuring. A feeling of uncertainty had risen inside him and it steadily grew. It didn't help at all that the growing uncertainty in him suddenly doubled as he heard about her recent return to the city. Then as suddenly as it doubled the uncertainty tripled upon watching the girl cover her face. His brain wanted nothing more than to think of every possible way out of this situation, but he knew he had to stand firm. This didn't stop a conflicting mental battle from commencing though. Confused, Ixion decided to just be himself instead of relying on his intellect. Not one to turn down a helping hand and especially not that one from a young girl, he shrugged his shoulders deciding on one course of action. He was going to follow her for better or for worse. "I haven't even stepped foot in the city yet, so I would be happy with anywhere you could show me." he nervously spoke. "Could I know the name of my savior?"
Ixion

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Testing the Waters

Postby Athaera on April 9th, 2014, 12:57 am

Athaera's suspicions had been correct. The man before her was a foreigner. Judging by the tone of his last sentence, she'd made him slightly uncomfortable.
"I'm Athaera, you?"

It wasn't that she cared who he was, she couldn't care less. But it would be rude not to ask him. "Do you need somewhere to stay?" she asked.

Athaera had relaxed a bit, and her eyes had faded to a cloudy grey, still tinted with a slight shade of red.

Background of Awesomeness Created by Vinn
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Testing the Waters

Postby Ixion on April 9th, 2014, 3:15 pm

"My name is Ixion. Thank you very much for the help, Athaera." he immediately responded. She really was kind despite her tone and violent nature, and he eased up as he saw her visibly relax. Literally, her eyes really did change their threatening red tint to a much more neutral gray as she asked her questions.

"Oh, a place to stay would be perfect! It completely slipped my mind that I would need to find a place to stay." he said. "I was hoping to see what exciting views the city had, but I guess settling down should be higher up on my priorities."

Grabbing hold of the girl's hand and blinded by the prospect of finally seeing the city, he proceeded to walk towards the gates leading into the massive stone construct. "No time like the present, right?" he cheerily asked. "I'm sure just moving on will lead to much more than just standing around!"
Ixion

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Testing the Waters

Postby Athaera on April 9th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Athaera quickly slipped her hand out of Ixion's, but continued to walk with him toward the gates. "There's a place called The Rearing Stallion," she suggested, "I think you can stay there."

She wasn't quite sure if they just served food or they had rooms, but it was worth a try. At the worst, she could offer to him to stay with her in her tent outside of the city. She internally shuddered at the thought, but it could've worked.

[center]Background of Awesomeness Created by Vinn
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next