We Meet Again

Palla meets Orabelle at her shop.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

We Meet Again

Postby Palla Frostfawn on April 5th, 2014, 9:41 pm

14th of Spring, 514 AV
15th bell
Palla had been obsessing over the dolphin carving she was making for Orabelle If it isn't good, what will she do? I don't think she would spread a bad reputation about my shop, but what if it isn't good enough and she does? I shouldn't have offered to make her the carving at all. I'm not good enough to make it. Why did I even apply for a shop? It was the stupidest thing I have done to date. I'm not good enough. What if I can't do this and the Council shuts my shop down? Palla fretted. She was so anxious that her shop wouldn't be a valuable contribution to Riverfall, and that it would be closed down. Palla sighed, feelings of inadequacy weighing her down. Even after her shop had survived through the end of winter, Palla was still anxious about her shop some days, especially when she was making requests.

It was hard, being a new business owner. Palla focused on the carving again. Palla shaved down a bit of the tail, and got out her sandpaper. Palla sanded a couple of minor blemishes down, and decided the dolphin was complete. It's better to not mess with it, it'll only make it worse. Well, it looks okay to me. I hope Orabelle likes it. Orabelle! Palla remembered. I've heard she has a shop, an extension of that Red Diamonds Fashions place. I should check it out, congratulate her on her new business. Besides, I need to give her this carving I promised her.

Palla grabbed her backpack and carefully put the carving in. As an afterthought, she grabbed her knife, too. Palla usually carried her carving knife around, just for peace of mind. As she walked, she wondered what to do. Should I just congratulate her? Or should I do more? I think I should get something done. I think it's a cosmetology shop, maybe I'll get a facial. I wonder if they do haircuts. My knife is kept sharp, I can give myself one if needed, but I'd rather a professional do it. If I'm getting something, it may as well be something that I would like, not just for Orabelle's sake. I'll see what they have before making any decisions, though. Palla found the shop, and walked into the building. She found the entrance to Orabelle's shop, or she assumed it was her shop, it sure looked like it would be. "O-Orabelle?" Palla called out.

OOCI know I have another thread scheduled for this day, but Adi and I agreed it'll only span a couple of hours, so that thread ends at the thirteenth bell. Palla then goes home and leaves again for Orabelle's shop.
Last edited by Palla Frostfawn on April 17th, 2014, 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

We Meet Again

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on April 16th, 2014, 10:45 pm

Early morning Orabelle was up, and she decided before heading into work she would visit her favorite place. The wholesome beach of Riverfall. The spring had brought a soft breeze and a new group of beautiful, grey dolphins. Orabelle's favorite sea creature. A lot went through her mind, sorrow memories of a tavan she once had that died of old age. But she also remembered that last winter, the winter of 513 brought her a modest and talented vantha. Palla was the young girl's name, and she had a stuttering problem. But besides the one flaw she's seen, the young girl was remarkably polite and made an awesome first impression on her. They discussed different sea animals that would make wonderful models for a carving and Orabelle told her about dolphins, and how much she really liked them.

After a few Belles of playing with the dolphins, she decided it was time for her to go to work. She grabbed her stuff, and began heading to the Red Diamonds Fashion. It had to be the best job Orabelle would ever have. Rosela, who she looked to as her boss and good friend, had to be the most kindest person she's had the pleasure to work besides. Reven was new, and already she seemed like a kind co-worker. Not to mention the people who came and go were also fine. She didn't have too much to complain about.

The minute she walked in, she was greeted by familiar faces. Faithful customers that couldn't wear anything that wasn't crafted by Rosela's hands. Orabelle took a client and began doing their makeup.A little blush, a little pomade, plucking to thin out the eyebrows and... Done! She carefully took her time when she handle the customer."Please, come again!" She told the woman cheerfully. While her back was turned towards the door, she heard it swing open. A familiar voice beckoned for her."Palla?" She asked before even turning around. Orabelle was right too. The pretty little vantha stood at the door frame, looking like a lost puppy."Hey!" Orabelle made her way towards Palla to give her a hug."How are you?" She asked.
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

"A Svefra never goes back on their word... never."
Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Words: 107184
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

We Meet Again

Postby Palla Frostfawn on April 17th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Palla took in the sight of Orabelle, and smiled. When Orabelle hugged her, she was taken by surprise but didn't feel that uncomfortable, unusual for her. She smiled at Orabelle and answered her question. "I'm good, how are you?" Palla took her backpack off and clutched it to her chest, as if they held secret contents. She realized how tightly she was holding her backpack, and loosened her grip on it.

Palla opened the bag, hesitantly pulling out part of the contents. The dolphin carving was one of her better carvings, because it was lacking intricate details of some animals. Palla held the carving out to Orabelle. Although Palla's confidence had grown a bit as her shop gained money, being put in situations where she had to do requests still shook her. She swallowed, and found her voice. "I-I made you this." Palla smiled anxiously. If Orabelle reacted well, Palla would smile and her eyes would turn purple because was so happy Orabelle liked it.

If Orabelle didn't like it, however unlikely that would be, Palla would stare at the ground and try not to show her emotions, her eyes turning a deep blue.

Regardless of Orabelle's reaction, Palla would ask her "U-Um... W-What exactly fo you sell here? I-I know it's a cosmetology shop." Palla asked as a way to try to spark up a conversation. "I should get something done, what should I do? Palla ran her fingers through her long hair, reaching almost to the bottom of her back. "D-Do you give haircuts?" Palla asked, thinking about her split ends. Her hair was pretty healthy, but Palla had a couple of inches of split ends, and while her hair for the most part looked good, in her opinion, she was in need of a haircut. Her long hair was hard to deal with, and Palla wanted a change.

Palla looked at Orabelle expectantly, wondering how she would respond. She didn’t want to seem rude if they didn’t give haircuts, and Palla decided she would get a facial if Orabelle didn’t, because even if she wanted to dye her hair, it wouldn’t really show up. Palla quickly made her decision, as pedicures were useless in her opinion, and a manicure wouldn't last very long in Palla’s profession. Besides, her nails were short, as Palla bit them. Palla, suddenly realizing this, put her hands behind her back, trying to hide them.

Carving Image for ReferenceImage
noteI don’t know if scissors exist in Mizahar, so I made Palla bring her knife...

Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

We Meet Again

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on April 22nd, 2014, 8:10 pm

Orabelle didn't know Palla very well, but her judgment on people was very well. The little vantha didn't seem like the violent type, and she was no where near aggressive. She was just shy. So whenever Orabelle talked to her, she made sure she was smiling and had a polite tone of voice."I'm very good. Can't be happier. I have an awesome job that I enjoy and Riverfall has been treating me good since I've became a nakivak." She sounded joyfully happy.

She watched the girl reach into her bag and pull out something. It took awhile for Orabelle to finally see it and when she did, her jaw dropped."Oh..." She clasped a hand over her heart."Palla-it's beautiful! It's looks exactly like a dolphin too! Your observation, your carving skill are a lot better then I thought." She slowly took it from her hands and held it up."This is talent." She nodded."How much do I owe you?" Orabelle turned towards the philtering lab, just by it her bag say. She took out a few mizas, maybe ten or fifteen for now, just until she heard the price.

"You don't know how priceless this is to me. If you told me I had to pay ten thousand mizas, I would find a way to pay for it." She laughed before facing Pals again.

"It's not just a cosmo shop."Orabelle shook her head."The main source and what most people come here for is the clothes." Since they were in the main part of the shop, Orabelle pulled our a dress and pressed it against her body."See." Palla didn't want a dress though, so she put it back. When the vantha asked for a haircut, Orabelle swiftly put it back."So you want a haircut?" She motioned for Palla to follow her to the other half of the shop. She rarely used the desk, but she thought it would be better to use now since they were having a conversation."Hmm..."She studied Palla's face.

"Okay, so usually people ask for a makeover, which is usually 25 gold mizas. A makeover includes a new hair style, and I'll do your makeup for you. If you want, I could pluck your eyebrows." Orabelle took the dolphin carving and put it in the left corner of her desk."But, you want just a haircut. I could cut the price down to twelve mizas? You know what, this carving could be a payment- how about ten mizas?" Orabelle began to whisper a bit. She didn't want anyone to know what kind of deal she was making. It would seem unfair to her customers if she offered Palla a haircut for ten mizas."I think that's the lowest I can go." Orabelle began to feel a little guilty.
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

We Meet Again

Postby Palla Frostfawn on April 24th, 2014, 12:22 am

"T-That's good." Palla said with a small smile when Orabelle told Palla that her life was going good. She was happy for her acquaintance. Would she be considered my friend?

Palla was thrilled when Orabelle said she loved the carving. "O-Oh, this is nothing. I-I'm only a competent carver, nothing more. T-The dolphin didn't require much detail, that is all." Palla looked back to the carving. "I-It doesn't look exactly like a dolphin, either." Palla said, trying to brush off the
compliments she didn't feel she deserved.

Palla looked at the dress and smiled. "M-Maybe another day. I-I'll have to come back and look at all the clothing. T-The person who makes the clothes must be very talented." When Orabelle began to pull out mizas, Palla shook her head. "N-No, the very most I would charge would be two gold mizas." Palla studied the carving. It was a bit larger than a medium carving, but smaller than what she would consider as large. "A-Actually, the carving would probably only be a miza."

Palla went with the deal Orabelle gave her and decided that getting a two miza discount was better than trying to convince Orabelle not to pay an astronomical amount for the carving. "A-A haircut it is, then." Palla wouldn't have much money until the next season, when her debt would be paid off, so she decided to just get a haircut instead of a makeover, most of it which would probably last only a week, tops, anyways.

Considering her options, Palla decided she wanted a change and elected to go for hair reaching down a bit below her shoulders. She looked to Orabelle and asked "Do you think cutting my hair down to here," Palla gestured the length she wanted, "would look okay?"

Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

We Meet Again

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on April 26th, 2014, 2:06 pm

"Are you kidding?" Orabelle tilted her head and laughed."It's a fantastic carving! I've seen a real dolphin and this is pretty close- actually identical to a real one." Orabelle watched Palla's beautiful eyes, they seem to change a lot and she wondered why."Stop being so modest, take these compliments!" She joked.

"Rosela makes them, and she has wonderful taste in fashion. All the dresses are original designs and made by her." Orabelle hoped Palla would return for clothes. The clothes she was previously wearing now were fine. But Orabelle felt the clothes made by Rosela made a girl feel special."No, it wouldn't be just a miza." Orabelle told her.

"Give yourself some credit." Orabelle opened Palla's hand and put fifteen mizas in her hand and closed it before she could object.

"I'm sorry I could only bring it down to ten mizas." Orabelle sighed. She felt sorry that she couldn't lower it any farther. The young woman considered Palla a friend, and she liked to help friends."I can do that, it would look nice too."
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

We Meet Again

Postby Palla Frostfawn on May 1st, 2014, 8:18 pm

Palla waved away Orabelle's compliments with her hand. "T-Thank you. I-I don't deserve the praise, though." Palla's self esteem had been increasing lately as her shop seemed to be becoming successful, or at the least, not failing. Still, Palla felt unworthy of the praise that Orabelle was giving her, shooting down the part of her that thought, just maybe, Orabelle could be right.

"R-Rosela? I-I need new clothes anyways, I'll come back soon and meet her." Palla looked down at her clothing, which was in relatively good shape, but was starting to wear a bit. Palla was already trying to mentally figure out her schedule, planning to work in another visit to the shop.

Palla tried to reject the mizas, objecting with "I-I shouldn't take it for more than it's worth. I-I charge a miza at my shop, I should charge a miza now." If Orabelle objected once more, however, Palla would sigh and take five of the coins, putting them in her backpack, saying "I-If you say so, but I'd be paying ten back to you anyways." so as to avoid being stuck on the same argument.

When Orabelle said she could do the haircut that Palla was imagining, Palla sat down in one of the chairs in anticipation. "O-Oh, it's fine. I-I should pay a fair price."
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

We Meet Again

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on May 4th, 2014, 10:50 pm

"Nonsense Love, you deserve it!" Orabelle took her black, silky henna colored hair and through it on her left shoulder."You are the ONLY person I know that makes wonderful carvings. I believe I heard a few women talk about you. You're the only person with a carving shop, am I right?" She asked. The women never said anything bad, they just liked pointing out everything new."I'll show this to most of my costumers and even Rosela. Hopefully they'll come to you for one too."

"Oh, you'll love her and her designs. Rosela is such a sweet woman with great ideas. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be able to cute your hair right now." She looked at Pals's clothes. They were simple good clothes but Orabelle would love to see her do better."Rosela will make your beauty stand out. Palla, you're so beautiful, I hope you come back and take a look at the dress with Rosela."

"True... I'm sorry I couldn't lower the price a little more." Orabelle frowned feeling a little guilty." How about this, I give you seventeen mixed so you'll have seven mixed after you pay me?" She laughed a little bit." Win-win? I think your carving is worth more then a miza, and so that I won't offend you, I'll give these seventeen and you can give me ten back." Orabelle didn't wait for a response, flattening out her hand and putting seventeen mizas in the palm of Palla's hands."Better?" She stood up and walked towards one of her chairs. It was a good thing nobody was really coming in. She handled a lot of customers that morning.

"Now let's get that haircut." She walked over to the chair.

OOCTook the seventeen mizas out. By the way Palla, you bring out the best in Orabelle!
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes